Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S13.E08: Here Comes Kitty

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

I thought they had 5 weeks?  And so am I and I definitely can and have lost that in that amount of time - multiple times.   Especially at her age.   Now 20 is a lot harder, but that first 10 pounds comes off easy and then around 15-16 the weight loss slows.

It’s also very easy for me to gain 10 pounds.  

TC is 8 weeks. this was the end of week 5. i believe they're weighed at the start of weeks so she doesn't have time to lose the weight

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm 5'9, went to the gym 2-3x a week last fall in preparation for a wedding and lost 15 pounds in only a few weeks, there's meds that a doctor can put you on for safe weight loss but they only gave me stomach issues so I did it the hard way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I also think Kelli liked Selina because she had a full time job as a school teacher.

I agree, I feel like Kelli liked Selina because she was a good ambassador.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm 5'9, went to the gym 2-3x a week last fall in preparation for a wedding and lost 15 pounds in only a few weeks, there's meds that a doctor can put you on for safe weight loss but they only gave me stomach issues so I did it the hard way.

Yeah, I went on weight watchers years ago to just lose 10 pounds. I basically worked out multiple times a week and ate less than the allotted points every day (they frown on that, but I’m already small, so no big deal) and I was losing 2 pounds a week. I started around 125 pounds and was down to 106ish in 2 months. I’m short and small framed, so I find it hard to believe that VK could not lose 11 pounds in 6 weeks or so if she actually tried and doesnt also have a medical condition that was causing the gain.

I actually find her 11 pound weight gain (when she was dancing so much) to be more unbelievable/unusual than the potential weight loss. 

Edited by Jess14 · Reason: Erring on the side of caution regarding spoilers
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

TC was more like ten weeks this year, and that conversation with Victoria also took place earlier than week five.

so they cut it to appear in the week five of TC episode?

27 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I went on weight watchers years ago to just lose 10 pounds. I basically worked out multiple times a week and ate less than the allotted points every day (they frown on that, but I’m already small, so no big deal) and I was losing 2 pounds a week. I started around 125 pounds and was down to 106ish in 2 months. I’m short and small framed, so I find it hard to believe that VK could not lose 11 pounds in 6 weeks or so if she actually tried and doesnt also have a medical condition that was causing the gain.

I actually find her 11 pound weight gain (when she was dancing so much) to be more unbelievable/unusual than the potential weight loss. 

2lbs a week is a safe amount though. more than that isn't considered safe or healthy by most doctors. 1-2 is considered the norm. its not good for the heart or the metabolism to try for faster than that. eating less than you should slows the metabolism and just encourages yoyo dieting because the body isn't doing it slowly over time nad thus keeping it off/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

They might have, I’m not sure because I can’t remember what week they were saying it was this past episode. First meeting was June 5 and Dayton was cut June 27. That conversation with Vic I believe happened a few days before Dayton’s cut.

its stated more than once in the episode that its week 5

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Editing then. Definitely wasn’t week five.

that acually makes the weight gain even worse. thats not 11 pounds over about 8 weeks, that's 11 over about 6. jeez

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

its stated more than once in the episode that its week 5

Technically, Dayton’s cut was week 4 of TCC. The episodes are numbered according to subjects. Sometimes there were multiple days of filming for one episode. So, week 5 is a loose narrative of the events for the episode. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

so they cut it to appear in the week five of TC episode?

2lbs a week is a safe amount though. more than that isn't considered safe or healthy by most doctors. 1-2 is considered the norm. its not good for the heart or the metabolism to try for faster than that. eating less than you should slows the metabolism and just encourages yoyo dieting because the body isn't doing it slowly over time nad thus keeping it off/

Yeah, that's why I think if she has 5 to 6 weeks, losing 11 pounds should be doable. Now, if it's only 3 weeks or something like that, then no, at least not to the point where it would be sustainable. With that said, a lot of it depends on what her baseline/typical weight is in the first place. My typical weight is around 108-112. When I get above 115, I start to look puffy and when I get below 105, I start to look like a bobblehead. Therefore when I got up into the 120s, the weight started falling off pretty easily once I went on a diet, and my body got used to lower caloric intake and increased exercise. Now, if my typical had been in the 120s, it would've been much more difficult for that weight to come off. VK looked bloated to me in this last episode, so I am assuming that she's gained extra weight. However, if her audition weight was at the low end of the spectrum for her, then that's a different matter, and losing that 11 lbs is going to be more difficult. That's my experience at least. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, that's why I think if she has 5 to 6 weeks, losing 11 pounds should be doable. Now, if it's only 3 weeks or something like that, then no, at least not to the point where it would be sustainable. With that said, a lot of it depends on what her baseline/typical weight is in the first place. My typical weight is around 108-112. When I get above 115, I start to look puffy and when I get below 105, I start to look like a bobblehead. Therefore when I got up into the 120s, the weight started falling off pretty easily once I went on a diet, and my body got used to lower caloric intake and increased exercise. Now, if my typical had been in the 120s, it would've been much more difficult for that weight to come off. VK looked bloated to me in this last episode, so I am assuming that she's gained extra weight. However, if her audition weight was at the low end of the spectrum for her, then that's a different matter, and losing that 11 lbs is going to be more difficult. That's my experience at least. 

the less ou have to lose, the harder it is. It could easily be that VK was at the lower range of normal for her height/build at audition and thats why she can't maintain it, her body is fighting against it, doesn't want to naturally be there, but while where her body is naturally happy is too 'large' for DCC

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

If she gained it that fast she could lose it that fast.  We don’t know what the issue is, but it is possible for a taller person w/ a large frame (like she is) to lose 11 pounds quickly and safely.  It’s not impossible.   Now if she was 5’1” w/ a petite frame, it would be much harder. 

How many weeks are left?  5?

Yes, 5....and it cannot go fast enough. The wait until the end is interminable.

2 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Editing then. Definitely wasn’t week five.

ETA from Judy’s instagram, posted on June 28 in reference to them being at practice June 27.

Cute photo!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think Kelli also appreciated how Tasha interacted with the rest of the squad, and how she helped the rookies amongst all of the drama of last year.

Speaking of Tasha, is she the only current DCC to get a featured segment so far this season? CMT has kept up with the Where Are They Now bits, but unless I forgot, Tasha is the only current who had a feature. Kind of random to plug her in there and no one else

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/22/2018 at 8:09 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Dayton is going to be working for Royal Caribbean.  I don't know what ship she will be on, but it will be one of the mega ones.  She could well have one of the lead dancer slots in the shows.  RCL entertainment is considered the very BEST of all cruise lines.  I cruise this line exclusively.   Among cruisers, if you are interested in entertainment, you go with RCL.  She will not be a "worker."  She may do a few other things (sometimes they have salsa lessons, etc.) but she will not be cleaning cabins or serving food or drinks, or wandering around trying to help guests.  She will be considered one of the elite among employees.

Yeah, when I read that post upthread, I immediately thought the poster had dancing on a huge cruise line and performing at Bill and Ted's Excellent Dinner Theatre mixed up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Yeah, when I read that post upthread, I immediately thought the poster had dancing on a huge cruise line and performing at Bill and Ted's Excellent Dinner Theatre mixed up.

its actually one of the smaller ships but she does have thelead in one of the shows and i believe quite good parts in a couple others, I can't quite remember what Shelley said, but it's a fantastic gig for a first timer.  She'll be docking in nearly 30 countries over 9ish months (i believe) getting some amazing experience dance wise and as a person, see the world and hopefully make some great friends and memories.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

If I remember correctly, Shelly said that Dayton had one of the leads in two shows and was swing in a third. 

you might be right there. I was wracking my brain but my memory is not what it was and couldn'tt find SHelley's post so went with what I could remember!  certainly a great gig for a first timer!

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly I'll be surprised if she makes it through the entire 9 month contract.  That's a long time to be in other parts of the world, if you've never lived away from your parents' home for any extended period time.  Sure there are all these things that seem so great, but at the end of the day it is a DRASTIC lifestyle change.  I'm still surprised that's what she chose to do. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Honestly I'll be surprised if she makes it through the entire 9 month contract.  That's a long time to be in other parts of the world, if you've never lived away from your parents' home for any extended period time.  Sure there are all these things that seem so great, but at the end of the day it is a DRASTIC lifestyle change.  I'm still surprised that's what she chose to do. 

I think unless you know her, I'm unsure why you'd make that assertion. people make drastic lifestyle changes a lot. yes, many have said it can be hard being on the cruiseships esp if you've not lived away from home before, but you ahve to leave home sometime, she's excited for it, its a great opportunity and we've no idea what she can and can't do. I'm sure it'll be hard at first, but so is going to college out of state and not being able to go home more than once or twice a year, or moving away. shes a big girl, she's made her choice and I'm hopeful she'll enjoy it

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Honestly I'll be surprised if she makes it through the entire 9 month contract.  That's a long time to be in other parts of the world, if you've never lived away from your parents' home for any extended period time.  Sure there are all these things that seem so great, but at the end of the day it is a DRASTIC lifestyle change.  I'm still surprised that's what she chose to do. 

Millions of people do it on a daily basis and survived. I think she will do well. Not everyone wants to be a DCC and sign their lives over to Kelli and Charlotte.

Share this post


Link to post

9 months really isn’t that long IMO. A move across country or to another country for a permanent job ( to the extent that an at-will job can be would permanent) would be a much bigger change IMO, where I think there would be a bigger chance of it not working out. It’s possible she may hate it, but I think most people can grin and bear it for 3/4 of a year.

Also, did Dayton not go away for school? I honestly don’t know the answer, but I thought she had gone to college in another city (maybe I’m confusing her with Sam).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Speaking of Tasha, is she the only current DCC to get a featured segment so far this season? CMT has kept up with the Where Are They Now bits, but unless I forgot, Tasha is the only current who had a feature. Kind of random to plug her in there and no one else

It’s ok by me, I like Tasha. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/23/2018 at 2:23 PM, DCC.Style.fan said:

When Nick was watching the girls perform the dance that he had just taught them, the group right before he mentioned Amber had three amazing standouts in the front row. Erin, Hannah, and brunette Taylor!  They outdanced the veterans behind them and have become my new faves.

 I really liked the moment in the discussion with K,K,J and N when Nick said "Kitty, I'm worried we're not going to get your opinion."  LOL 

 

I liked Nick a lot in this episode.  He is very fun and animated.  He was great and I think he had thoughtful feedback about the girls.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, ByTor said:

Even though there aren't many, yes, there are some whose weight was an issue but were not cut.  To bring it back on topic to this episode, we'll just have to wait and see if Victoria starts to lose (I'm not suggesting all 11 pounds, just some to show the scale is going in the right direction).

I get the impression they want to see significant improvement even though they say otherwise.  Which would mean adding a 4 mi run every day on top of DCC schedule or signifantly cutting the food... being very dilligent.  I don't know how you would do it considering long days they already have.  In certain cases they have used a vet's previous year cameo to give them time to lose in a healthy way.  Even if you think she is dance ready for the team this year a TCC would have to be camera ready by cameos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Am i the only one who wonders what Kelli and Judy are like off-screen? the way Judy stares got me thinking some stuff ;) ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sure, leaving home for 9 months is a drastic lifestyle change and it will be hard, but she's taking that chance and seeing where it will take her.  Kids do that every year for college (many across the state or country) and most of THEM do quite well with the change.  On the other hand, I'm not seeing Victoria doing anything of the sort.  She's staying home (or close to home) and not really seeming to make any drastic changes that will REALLY challenge her or make her uncomfortable (not even in her food or exercise regime), possibly more often than not.   Frankly, 9 months away from Dallas and her parents would do Victoria a world of good, but it might also sending her running home because she can't handle it while Dayton will more than likely stick it out and thrive

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Sign me up for Team Dayton 2019! I really wanted her to get through. She is sweet, gorgeous and would be the perfect DCC. Maybe youth and memorisation got the better of her on her second attempt. I really hope she doesn't give up and treats her dismissal as a learning experience. A great thing about watching this show year in year out is seeing people returning to training camp multiple times. Really rooting for Brennan to make it this year.

 

It's obvious Victoria should have been cut instead. Still, it was nice to seeing Jinelle in the background, didn't realise she was still affiliated with the team, hope she is able to work some magic because that is what is needed.

 

Producers of this show, please bring back Travis Wall, next season. I know he appeared in the previous episode but I just caught up today. His contemporary moves were beautiful and he had excellent, articulate insights. Definitely the best choreographer I recall seeing on this show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Sure, leaving home for 9 months is a drastic lifestyle change and it will be hard, but she's taking that chance and seeing where it will take her.  Kids do that every year for college (many across the state or country) and most of THEM do quite well with the change.  On the other hand, I'm not seeing Victoria doing anything of the sort.  She's staying home (or close to home) and not really seeming to make any drastic changes that will REALLY challenge her or make her uncomfortable (not even in her food or exercise regime), possibly more often than not.   Frankly, 9 months away from Dallas and her parents would do Victoria a world of good, but it might also sending her running home because she can't handle it while Dayton will more than likely stick it out and thrive

Frankly, even if she wanted to, I couldn't see TK letting her, can't bear to be parted from her 'baby'

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Sign me up for Team Dayton 2019! I really wanted her to get through. She is sweet, gorgeous and would be the perfect DCC. Maybe youth and memorisation got the better of her on her second attempt. I really hope she doesn't give up and treats her dismissal as a learning experience. A great thing about watching this show year in year out is seeing people returning to training camp multiple times. Really rooting for Brennan to make it this year.

 

It's obvious Victoria should have been cut instead. Still, it was nice to seeing Jinelle in the background, didn't realise she was still affiliated with the team, hope she is able to work some magic because that is what is needed.

 

Producers of this show, please bring back Travis Wall, next season. I know he appeared in the previous episode but I just caught up today. His contemporary moves were beautiful and he had excellent, articulate insights. Definitely the best choreographer I recall seeing on this show.

IF Dayton tries out again, it wont be until 2020 and a lot can happen in two years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good for Dayton. In the moments she was confident in the choreography she really shined. RC could really be the kind of experience that transforms her from a girl into a young woman. A reserved but poised, articulate, and confident young woman could do wonderfully with the DCC.

 

My impression is that some of the younger candidates, like Dayton, have been somewhat sheltered without much of a life outside the dance studio; they seem very young for their age. This seems be true of many young people in elite gymnastics and other fields that require that kind of extreme dedication. Getting through DCC training camp and being a brand ambassador for the Cowboys requires maturity, poise, and confidence that comes from a bit of life experience.

 

Dear Victoria. Sigh. She really needs a big dose of self-control. Right now she’s like a Labrador retriever puppy, cute until the nice vase is knocked over and the sofa gets chewed to pieces. In her dance she’s all over the place. She has a natural exuberance that could be charming if it was tempered with some maturity. I’m thinking of Kashara and Lauren who can be goofy, but never inappropriate and not when it’s time to work. V’s weight probably tends to the fluffy side naturally but with her young metabolism and the intense activity of TC all she should need to do is focus on good nutrition and skip the empty calories. Can we send her to RC with Dayton for a little growing up?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

IF Dayton tries out again, it wont be until 2020 and a lot can happen in two years

Busted for not reading the entire thread! Thanks for the correction. I've read about the top level entertainment gigs that Dayton may be doing on RCL and they sound fine. I truly wish her all the best as I'm sure it'll be a great experience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, AnDieT said:

In that case I'd kill myself in Daytons place...Dayton is probably happy to get away from all that! VK should find something else and on her OWN.

Right?! Like who would wish that on Dayton. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, ShellyB said:

Technically, Dayton’s cut was week 4 of TCC. The episodes are numbered according to subjects. Sometimes there were multiple days of filming for one episode. So, week 5 is a loose narrative of the events for the episode. 

And the following week (4th of July) was a vacation week for the vets and TPTB, I believe.  I remember that because I thought what perfect timing for Dayton to get released, this way she didn't have to attend training classes the following week and could enjoy the holiday.

 

EDIT:  Deleted the rest because I think it's spoiler!

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, EssieMay said:

. Can we send her to RC with Dayton for a little growing up?

No, in order to have an adult job you need to be grown up.  No one needs a VK bigger than life attitude on a cruise ship. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

No, in order to have an adult job you need to be grown up.  No one needs a VK bigger than life attitude on a cruise ship. 

TK would never let her go on something like that anyway, and even if she did, having to suddenly face consequences to her actions and answer to people not her mommy's best friend would have her running home in days, complaining about how they were mean to her and it was all their fault.  I've spent my life surrounded by girls who always have excuses and everything is always someone else's fault

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

And the following week (4th of July) was a vacation week for the vets and TPTB, I believe.  I remember that because I thought what perfect timing for Dayton to get released, this way she didn't have to attend training classes the following week and could enjoy the holiday.

 

EDIT:  Deleted the rest because I think it's spoiler!

You can repost on the spoiler thread! :)

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Right?! Like who would wish that on Dayton. 

Mea culpa. What was I thinking?!?!! The poor girl has been through enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

When Kitty said let’s show Victoria some respect.....

It should have been you’ve gained 11 pounds since tryouts and you should have

respected the DCC more then that.

I lost all respect for Kitty.

I think she’s always been tough but now she is just a mean girl.

Also, can she do something with that hair???

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, DCCme said:

We actually saw Lily and Amber in the same show.  It’s like a Thursday miracle.

Amber is from Cedar Park, and I live in the neighboring town, Leander. I'm really rooting for her!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, Pink-n-Green said:

Brilliant!  If anyone on this board hasn't seen Mean Girls, you need to or you're going to miss out on glorious little zingers like this one!

 

20181001_171445.jpg

Screenshot_20181001-171415_Google.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2018 at 9:21 PM, Lunacat said:

I cannot believe I am watching this field trip to the senior citizen center right now. 

I read this at the segment started. 

I'm team Victoria but this weight issue should have been addressed weeks ago. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, CaseyRe said:

At the end of the day, if any other TCC or VC looked like this at TC, they'd be cut.

vlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m12s353.png.a5e47bf06c347ee16cacef8df1e4c526.pngvlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m01s739.png.0d22f3509e83ad917298c4dadbf0d00a.pngvlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m31s747.png.89d1a615c54ce478c45eff50a56e1fb2.png

We've seen them cut girls for less than this. we've seen veterans ripped apart when seen on the jumbo screen for less weight gain than this.  They'd not be given the 'respect' to lose it. I've never seen anyone given more than about one warning to lose weight, shown not only no progress but instead increased gains, still remain on the team.  the bias is real

Now, do I feel dirty for pointing out the 'imperfections' of an otherwise very slim 18 year old girl? Absolutely I do. But at the end of the day, fact of the matter is, a part of her job is maintaining a certain look and if she can't fit into her training uniform, she won't fit into her smaller performance uniform.

Okay, so it wasn't just my imagination. They didn't seem to focus on VK very often during this routine, so I wasn't sure if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/28/2018 at 9:21 AM, CaseyRe said:

Ugh, VK saying 'just because you're a legacy doesn't mean you can't go home' literally had me groaning outloud.

I think this was the most disrespectful thing I have heard her say!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:
6 hours ago, jlc said:

I think this was the most disrespectful thing I have heard her say!!!

I thought she was more talking about herself in that statement than anything/anyone else

Yeah, it sounds to me like she's saying just being a legacy doesn't mean she's safe, I'm not reading it as disrespectful at all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Kitty needs to get some doughnuts for those CMT editors and camera people. They made sure we could understand Miranda’s comment that she didn’t want Kitty to influence Kelli and Judy’s opinions of her and the way she tried to pivot attention from Victoria to Miranda in the office scene with Nick. I think those CMT directors and producers have a definite point of view and I think they got their opinions of Kitty across. Too bad, I always thought she was the voice of reason, but I have really soured on her this season. Eleven pounds up from finals and Victoria should get some respect? Anyone else and Kitty would have been grabbing those love handles and twisting.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 21/09/2018 at 7:11 PM, CaseyRe said:

I can tell you where to find it if you want. i accidentally also downloaded the 7 and then the 8 was finally put up after people mentioned it was wrong

Could you send me the link please? I have looked everywhere but every link I try is episode 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size