Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Here Comes Kitty

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

That whole thing about being "in the program" completely confuses me. The current Junior DCC program is for kids aged 5-12. It's a weekly, fun, non-competitive pom class with a few performances in a cute costume.  It's not like this is a rigorous training program to prepare young women to make the team/be successful on the team. Unless the program was different when Victoria was in it, it seems completely irrelevant to becoming a DCC as an adult, and Victoria would have aged out of it six years before auditioning for the team.

When Victoria, Dayton, Sam, Cassie, Meredith, Katy, Kali, Mia, Jennifer, Caila & Cersten were little, Jr. DCC were hand picked by the camp teachers and myself, from all the campers.  They did halftimes with DCC and other special performances. They all trained at their home studios and learned choreo for each event from DVDs and I rehearsed them. Now it is more like a class that you sign up for.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

This is the first year I have lost my respect for Kelli. I had doubts  when she kept the Morgan, Brianna, Kaitlin type dancers, but this shows her to be a terrible manager. Last year was handled badly too, but I just don’t trust her judgement anymore.

There are probably mean girls every year. At least Cassie was a decent cheerleader, if not the best, and looked good in the uniform. I don’t recall her ever acting immature and extremely unprofessional on the show. Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone as bad at professional behavior as Victoria, even Taylor was better than this.

Cassie would often use the phrase “suck” in her interviews, as in “this sucks”,  “I hope I don’t suck at this”, etc. and sounded very inarticulate and uneducated almost every time she spoke.  She was definitely unprofessional.   Her and Taylor were actually very similar - only Taylor was a lot prettier, funnier and a better dancer than Cassie was her first year - I actually think Cassie was jealous of Taylor and all the attention she was getting and that’s why she lashed out at her during the Aly incident.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Then that is on Judy and Kelli as well.  It should have been dealt with.

Judy was the one who told the judges Olivia S. was toxic, so I doubt she would have done anything about Cassie's meanness when it came to the other girls. I think Cassie was a little jealous of Olivia because Olivia is pretty and a darn good dancer and was willing to stand up to Cassie being a bully.

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Cassie would often use the phrase “suck” in her interviews, as in “this sucks”,  “I hope I don’t suck at this”, etc. and sounded very inarticulate and uneducated almost every time she spoke.  She was definitely unprofessional.   Her and Taylor were actually very similar - only Taylor was a lot prettier, funnier and a better dancer than Cassie was her first year - I actually think Cassie was jealous of Taylor and all the attention she was getting and that’s why she lashed out at her during the Aly incident.

Ironic that in season one they thought Megan Flaherty was unpolished and lacking poise. It's been a long time since that Jackie book was read.

• Love 5

Finally watched the ep , thought the lighting was so bad it made everybody’s skin look bad. 

Here is a couple of my random thoughts

The person Kelli chooses to help Victoria lose weight is Janielle !! the girl who’s problem when she was a rookie was that she was too skinny. LOL that made me laugh so hard.

Kelli said Kirsta looked bored during the bonding outing. Yes kelli you put together the itinerary ever !!!!! Can you blame her ?!!!!.

And even tho I am the person that called Miranda last year 90s hot. I think it’s insanely ridiculously unaware for Kitty to say that anyone stuck in the 70s. 

5 minutes ago, mmm said:

Finally watched the ep , thought the lighting was so bad it made everybody’s skin look bad. 

Here is a couple of my random thoughts

The person Kelli chooses to help Victoria lose weight is Janielle !! the girl who’s problem when she was a rookie was that she was too skinny. LOL that made me laugh so hard.

Kelli said Kirsta looked bored during the bonding outing. Yes kelli you put together the itinerary ever !!!!! Can you blame her ?!!!!.

And even tho I am the person that called Miranda last year 90s hot. I think it’s insanely ridiculously unaware for Kitty to say that anyone stuck in the 70s. 

I was bored the whole time watching the bonding segments and rolling my eyes. I also roll my eyes when Kelli said the girls who could not pick up the line dancing could be in trouble. Really... It did not look hard to me, but I am the person with two left feet. I swear the dancing they were doing look easier than the line dancing we had to do in P.E. Class in high school. I also thought the scenes were a big time advertisement deal for Dallas/Fort Worth instead of a team building exercise.

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, bigskygirl said:

I was bored the whole time watching the bonding segments and rolling my eyes. I also roll my eyes when Kelli said the girls who could not pick up the line dancing could be in trouble. Really... It did not look hard to me, but I am the person with two left feet. I swear the dancing they were doing look easier than the line dancing we had to do in P.E. Class in high school.

we had to do line dancing too! and country dancing which I found hilarious at a Catholic School to have the girls doing the maypole dance but to each their own! I waswatching the line dancing segment like 'pffft, that's easy'

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

When Victoria, Dayton, Sam, Cassie, Meredith, Katy, Kali, Mia, Jennifer, Caila & Cersten were little, Jr. DCC were hand picked by the camp teachers and myself, from all the campers.  They did halftimes with DCC and other special performances. They all trained at their home studios and learned choreo for each event from DVDs and I rehearsed them. Now it is more like a class that you sign up for.

That is very interesting. So there was a (summer?) camp and girls who showed promise were picked out for a longer Jr DCC commitment? Did they have to audition? How long was the program? Was it for a full year? And was the age limit the same?

On 9/21/2018 at 6:31 PM, LadyMsJay said:

It's like she doesn't like girls who are (or who dance) confident(ly).

Ain't that the Truth !!!!!!! 100%

On 9/21/2018 at 11:56 PM, MrsEVH said:

Why was Jinelle chosen or volunteered to help Victoria?  It's not like she's her GL.

And crazier thing is that Jinelle had the opposite problem !!! a lot of people her rookie years didn't like her bec she was too thin !!!

Edited by mmm
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I heard things were not peachy keen when Cassie was on the team either especially after hearing how she and Judy got Olivia S. cut at finals in Season 6. She was a mean girl who probably ratted out girls she did not like to Kelli and especially Judy. She did a lot of unpleasant things causing problems for other girls.

Along with her henchwoman; the girl with the squooshy - looking nose

2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Ironic that in season one they thought Megan Flaherty was unpolished and lacking poise. It's been a long time since that Jackie book was read.

I think possibly Cassie doesn't read books without pictures.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

That is very interesting. So there was a (summer?) camp and girls who showed promise were picked out for a longer Jr DCC commitment? Did they have to audition? How long was the program? Was it for a full year? And was the age limit the same?

Camp DCC...very much like the camps we have now.  No audition, but there was always one dance on which we used to gauge the girls. They had to come to camp in the summer in order to be considered for Junior DCC.  They were juniors for an entire year and would have to return to Camp DCC to do it again. Back in those days there were 100 to 115 juniors each season. 

• Love 2

Congrats and good luck to Dayton with her cruise ship gig. I know they involve performers in other activities but I hope she gets a chance to experience several international locations. I'm no dancer, but I think a good dose of maturity will help her in life as well as in auditioning for DCC in the future. Travel and seeing other cultures is a great way to develop that. 

As for Victoria, we'll just have to wait and see how her situation plays out. I'm really happy Brennan is doing so well this time. You can just see the confidence in her face. No more scared rabbit looks. 

Victoria is way too heavy, and should have been gone long long ago. But, to my eyes, Dayton was too heavy as well, at least through the midsection, she seems a bit pudgy (by DCC standards).

As far as Malena, I think it was a mistake to quit her job. Time will tell.   While she isn't perfect on the choreography, she is a a very attractive girl with a perfect figure, and she CAN dance. She also has a terrific personality. And to address the elephant in the room, how would it look to have 35 white girls as DCC cheerleaders? (35 out of 36 from what I can tell)  Some attempts must be made to insure there is diversity on the squad.  Malena might require extra help and effort, but I think it is worth it in the quest for diversity.  Would she have been cut if she were white? Possibly. But she looks great, and if she made it, I'm sure she will catch up in no time.  It isn't as if she can't dance, she can. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I’m confused. Are you suggesting that Malena is the only woman in camp who is not Caucasian, or am I reading this wrong? If that is what you’re saying, you are incorrect.

Yeah, that seems strange to me, too. What about khalyn, Lacey, yuko, ashlee, briana, and gabby? 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Rodeos freak me out. I went to one. Once. Never again. 

I agree!  I despise rodeos, and I hope that woman who's so proud of her record of roping calves is made to witness a slaughtering which shows the serious internal injuries the baby cows experience.  I despise that woman.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I just rewatched, and what struck me was that early in the episode, Victoria danced far enough forward from the line to kick Kelli/Judy if  she’d done a forward kick. But nobody mentioned that!

I remember seeing that. but forgot to mention it.  Hasn't Kelli mentioned that several candidates "didn't know how to dance in a line" or something similar?  I know they got after Danielle for turning her head to help keep in line instead of using her peripheral vision and there was at least one or two other candidates they've gotten after for not being in line with the others,  I don't think this is the first time Victoria has moved while dancing (she tends to "crowd" other dancers, which has happened at least twice that we know of) and it certainly won't be the last.  It's like she's thinking "They won't notice me in this group of 10 or so girls if I don't move forward so they can see me better."  I get being in the front line or moving forward a bit when there's 44 other girls standing up there, but not when there's anywhere between 10 and 12 girls standing there.  They really need to get after her for that because it not only blows the formations for many of their dances, it's a "look at me and only me" moment which is not good in a team environment.  Either that or it looks like she doesn't have a clue where she's supposed to be in that formation when everyone else is exactly where they need to be.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I remember seeing that. but forgot to mention it.  Hasn't Kelli mentioned that several candidates "didn't know how to dance in a line" or something similar?  I know they got after Danielle for turning her head to help keep in line instead of using her peripheral vision and there was at least one or two other candidates they've gotten after for not being in line with the others,  I don't think this is the first time Victoria has moved while dancing (she tends to "crowd" other dancers, which has happened at least twice that we know of) and it certainly won't be the last.  It's like she's thinking "They won't notice me in this group of 10 or so girls if I don't move forward so they can see me better."  I get being in the front line or moving forward a bit when there's 44 other girls standing up there, but not when there's anywhere between 10 and 12 girls standing there.  They really need to get after her for that because it not only blows the formations for many of their dances, it's a "look at me and only me" moment which is not good in a team environment.  Either that or it looks like she doesn't have a clue where she's supposed to be in that formation when everyone else is exactly where they need to be.

Last years lines were a mess. Every video they put on the DCC insta had girls out of time and out of line and yet Judy is meant to be such a stickler for lines. do they want a repeat of that nonsense?  VK travels a lot when she dances. osme of the others do too (can't remember who it was but a rookie at the senior centre was called up on it by Judy), but not to the degree she does.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I just rewatched, and what struck me was that early in the episode, Victoria danced far enough forward from the line to kick Kelli/Judy if  she’d done a forward kick. But nobody mentioned that!

If K&J were to, I don’t know, GET OUT OF THEIR CHAIRS, and stand on the side of the girls, they would notice the lines, or lack thereof.  And how many times has a girl gotten injured and they stay seated?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

If K&J were to, I don’t know, GET OUT OF THEIR CHAIRS, and stand on the side of the girls, they would notice the lines, or lack thereof.  And how many times has a girl gotten injured and they stay seated?

often you can tell a girl is out of line from in front, but yeah, girls go down hard and they sit there. but can't damage that precious dance floor iwth their heels, y'know.  (seriously, I cringe so hard every time someone in heels walks across the dance floor. I'd have been keel-hauled for that! it was dance shoes or barefoot on the dancefloor or your ass was on the pavement)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

often you can tell a girl is out of line from in front, but yeah, girls go down hard and they sit there. but can't damage that precious dance floor iwth their heels, y'know.  (seriously, I cringe so hard every time someone in heels walks across the dance floor. I'd have been keel-hauled for that! it was dance shoes or barefoot on the dancefloor or your ass was on the pavement)

Yeah, was it you that mentioned it before?  I was wondering about that cause I was watching videos on YouTube.  There were mommies with their children at Camp DCC, or these extra people in the room during prep classes.  They were wearing different types of heels, boots, etc.

I just wonder why they don't get out of their chair to stand by the girl and maybe illustrate what they are talking about.  Move your arm like this, twist like that - that kind of stuff.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Kelli and Judy not getting out of their chairs lead to injuries. Look what happen to KaShara in last week's episode.

Oh, I was referring to how someone will get injured, and they just sit there and watch.  I think I remember Judy getting up one time - maybe it was Tess who was hurt - and Judy walked over to her, and then got Kim who was a PT to look at her.  There's no sense of urgency is what I'm trying to say

18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, was it you that mentioned it before?  I was wondering about that cause I was watching videos on YouTube.  There were mommies with their children at Camp DCC, or these extra people in the room during prep classes.  They were wearing different types of heels, boots, etc.

I just wonder why they don't get out of their chair to stand by the girl and maybe illustrate what they are talking about.  Move your arm like this, twist like that - that kind of stuff.

Oh, I was referring to how someone will get injured, and they just sit there and watch.  I think I remember Judy getting up one time - maybe it was Tess who was hurt - and Judy walked over to her, and then got Kim who was a PT to look at her.  There's no sense of urgency is what I'm trying to say

yeah, I've probably mentioned it before. Every damn week stiletto shoes or other heels going across the dance floor....it's like nails on a chalkboard for me.  Dance heels are one thing, they're soft soled, generally leather (hence not somthing you generally want to wear outside as they'll wear very quickly) but street shoes on the floor (apart from say sneakers, and even those i certainly wasn't allowed to wear but perhaps my studio was stricter than others) were a 'under no circumstance' type deal. you were ejected from class and were not allowed back untilt he next class and believe me there was a lecture between ejection and next class.

• Love 2

Thoughts on Dayton:  

Think of it this way ... if she weren't cut when she was, she might not have had a chance to try out for RC! That seems to have been perfect timing. On this note, I think it's more of a disservice to hang onto a girl who is almost inevitably going to be cut later on or is at least going to struggle if she makes the team. Dayton really just wasn't ready. As a TCC you might think you want to stay in training camp as long as possible, but in a case like Dayton's I just don't think she was going to improve those memory issues in time, and hanging onto her would have only wasted more of her time.  We can say other girls should be cut "before" her (ie Malena or Kristen) but I'd personally prefer to be cut earlier on if it seemed inevitable.

Team bonding exercises:

I hate them. I definitely understand wanting the girls to get along with each other, and I think there's too much competition between females in today's world. However, we're still in training camp. Isn't there SUPPOSED to be some element of competition and wanting to be "the best of the best"? I don't think you need to be forced to get along with people you just met and might just not click with, while being under a spotlight and having to focus on being "the best" and making the team. I also always feel for the Megan Flaherty's (RIP : (    and the Kristens. I understand that being bubbly is part of being a performer and that if you don't have that personality maybe you're trying out for the wrong thing, but I'm someone who typically overanalyzes and just ... isn't shallow, I guess? Maybe more like a Brennan. So if I were to be placed in a situation like a rodeo or something, I'd be the one sitting back observing first. Not that outgoing and shallow are the same thing by any means, but I just don't like that they judge girls based on these things.

Also, when it comes to friendships, I'm curious to see if girls who try out together typically stay friends or make friend groups of their own. Danielle and Jasmine came in together, and Jasmine got cut, but that was a few years in. Must have been tough. Tara and Savannah (also from the Jets, right?) were a "package deal", and I'm just curious whether or not they're still close. Also, I think another issue with Tara is that her eyebrows are too dark for her dyed hair!

Brennan:

Speaking of her, she looked GREAT. I enjoy watching her dancing when she's smiling, and I think the light lip color was flattering on her during the tour of Dallas. Honestly, I have not been the biggest Brennan fan in the past, but I'm really rooting for her now and will be upset if she doesn't make it. That office visit was very odd.

I had made a comment on Amber's appearance in an earlier post, and I now take it back. I hadn't seen much of her, but I do like her now. 

Edited by abracadabra
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hannahjulie said:

So fishy Shellyb was not there and she won’t say why.  

Just curious as to why you think this is "fishy".  Shelly has said she wasn't there that night - as she was off and wasn't working - and she was traveling during the first part of July.  

• Love 4

Unless Shellyb has to keep silent to keep her job,  she doesn’t explain anything about the cut. Dayton wasn’t the worst 

tcc so it wasn’t her time yet Kelli cut her at a time when Shelly wasn’t there. Is Kelli  really that cruel that she would not give info to Shellyb? Doesn’t Shelly work at the practice and would she know the strugglers and top people? 

Dayton is beautiful and a great dancer And a legacy. Why was she cut?

• Love 2
On 9/22/2018 at 11:29 PM, ShellyB said:

Her ship is one of the smaller ones in the fleet, but has more exotic cruises....she’ll be in the South Pacific , Indian Ocean, Mediterranean and Norwegian Sea, same contract Hannah West had prior to DCC. On many of the RCL ships, dancers have a “day job”, but not on her ship. She has been cast in 3 shows on her ship, she’s a lead in two and a swing in the third. 

8 months sailing...9 1/2 months including the training. 

So excited for Dayton! That will be an amazing experience.

I'm being selfish here but I'd obviously love to see her try out for DCC again. I'm guessing it won't be possible for her to audition for the next season. I hope she'll audition the following year! 

• Love 1
On 9/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, PrincessLeia said:

I think back to when they gave Brittany Schram crap about her weight and she was so slender

I wouldn't even call her slender, I'd argue that Brittany looked underweight.  That whole thing with calling her out was insane.

7 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Brennan:

Speaking of her, she looked GREAT. I enjoy watching her dancing when she's smiling, and I think the light lip color was flattering on her during the tour of Dallas. Honestly, I have not been the biggest Brennan fan in the past, but I'm really rooting for her now and will be upset if she doesn't make it. That office visit was very odd.

Yes she certainly did. Speaking of smiling, she was so cute in the previous episode laughing during the Melissa Rycroft segment. Go Brennan!!!  

• Love 7

As many have guessed, Dayton will 100% not be trying out next year for DCC. Her contract with RCL is 9 months from Nov(ish) so she'll be on the other side of the world and stated on her instagram she's definitely not trying out in 2019.  I hope she has a blast in her new job!

• Love 11

I really enjoyed the Bridget segment, her little dog with the goggles was adorable. Hannah’s segment was also a good addition, she definitely struggled but seems to be in a good place now. What struck me was how much more mature they are than VK. It’s pretty much night and day. Some girls may be mature enough to try out at the age of 18 but VK could really have used 4 years away at college to get some much needed life and dance experience. I think all that can be said about VK’s weight has been, my only comment is that Kelli and Kitty should have been on her much more seriously about it. VK doesn’t seem to believe she actually could be cut or she wouldn’t be so giggly and over dramatic before the office visit. 

I was glad to see Brennan doing so well this year, she really has put in the effort to try to make this team.

I would love to see more of Brianna and Ashley, they both seem lovely but barely have gotten screen time.

The segments showing Sunny, Abigail and other older vets have been an awesome addition, I am someone who rewatches the older seasons and I enjoy seeing how our favorite vets from the past are doing. 

The Dayton cut was heart breaking but I am glad to hear she is happy where she is currently. 

• Love 5

I will say this in Kelli's defense regarding giving someone the "respect" to give them the chance to lose weight.  That respect was actually extended to Selina last year, she was called into Kelli's office a couple times to have the weight discussion.  I think they had no choice but to have cut her at finals, since she was really given an entire year to get into shape.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

As many have guessed, Dayton will 100% not be trying out next year for DCC. Her contract with RCL is 9 months from Nov(ish) so she'll be on the other side of the world and stated on her instagram she's definitely not trying out in 2019.  I hope she has a blast in her new job!

Good move on her part. She is much better off not wanting to be a part of the DCC Organization. She has move on to something much better in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Hannahjulie said:

Unless Shellyb has to keep silent to keep her job,  she doesn’t explain anything about the cut. Dayton wasn’t the worst 

tcc so it wasn’t her time yet Kelli cut her at a time when Shelly wasn’t there. Is Kelli  really that cruel that she would not give info to Shellyb? Doesn’t Shelly work at the practice and would she know the strugglers and top people? 

Dayton is beautiful and a great dancer And a legacy. Why was she cut?

Shelly has been very forthcoming with DCC matters, but don't forget that she has a personal life as well.  She's the mother of a TCC who was let go and I'm sure she has feelings about how it went down but she's not under any obligation to share them with us.  That's not fishy; it's just normal.  (HannahJulie, this isn't directed at you.  Yours was just the most recent post I saw so I just hit the quote button :)  )

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I will say this in Kelli's defense regarding giving someone the "respect" to give them the chance to lose weight.  That respect was actually extended to Selina last year, she was called into Kelli's office a couple times to have the weight discussion.  I think they had no choice but to have cut her at finals, since she was really given an entire year to get into shape.

And VK has had two conversations already. it was mentioned at auditions and again in an office visit.  she's had more thn 5 weeks and instead gained more

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

And VK has had two conversations already. it was mentioned at auditions and again in an office visit.  she's had more thn 5 weeks and instead gained more

Selina also gained more, hence the cut.  We'll just have to wait for future episodes to see if the same thing happens with Victoria (assuming she didn't start to lose any of the weight she gained).

• Love 1
On 9/23/2018 at 9:18 PM, MorganMacFace said:

Victoria is way too heavy, and should have been gone long long ago. But, to my eyes, Dayton was too heavy as well, at least through the midsection, she seems a bit pudgy (by DCC standards). 

Kelli said that Dayton looked better in the uniform than anyone else. So by DCC standards, she SET the standard.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Selina also gained more, hence the cut.  We'll just have to wait and see future episodes if the same thing happens with Victoria (assuming she didn't start to lose any of the weight she gained).

Right. Selena was up 9 lbs at one point when she was called in and was warned.  I believe Selena was then up 14 lbs when she didn’t make it back onto the team. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Selina also gained more, hence the cut.  We'll just have to wait for future episodes to see if the same thing happens with Victoria (assuming she didn't start to lose any of the weight she gained).

She doesn't have the time to lose 11 lbs in anyy sane manner (not that I truly belive the org truly cares about that, but it sounds good on TV) and she was soft 11lbs ago as noted at auditions, so she really has more than 11 to lose and definitely not enough time to do so. anyone else would have been cut by now

1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Right. Selena was up 9 lbs at one point when she was called in and was warned.  I believe Selena was then up 14 lbs when she didn’t make it back onto the team. 

That's how I remember it.  I was just thinking about how even veterans weren't given the opportunity to lose weight like Victoria is being given, but then Selina came to mind.  However, it is my opinion that a vet should be given time & the benefit of the doubt over a TCC.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

She doesn't have the time to lose 11 lbs in anyy sane manner (not that I truly belive the org truly cares about that, but it sounds good on TV) and she was soft 11lbs ago as noted at auditions, so she really has more than 11 to lose and definitely not enough time to do so. anyone else would have been cut by now

Not to go in circles, but Selina was not cut last year despite being up almost 10 pounds.  They also didn't cut Meagan Sharpe, despite not fitting into her prior year shorts.  To compare to rookie candidates, Brooke was called into the office several times for weight her 1st time in TC & she made the squad. Abigail Klein made it despite being a "cheeseburger away" from busting out of her shorts (spare me).  Even though there aren't many, yes, there are some whose weight was an issue but were not cut.  To bring it back on topic to this episode, we'll just have to wait and see if Victoria starts to lose (I'm not suggesting all 11 pounds, just some to show the scale is going in the right direction).

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not to go in circles, but Selina was not cut last year despite being up almost 10 pounds.  They also didn't cut Meagan Sharpe, despite not fitting into her prior year shorts.  To compare to rookie candidates, Brooke was called into the office several times for weight her 1st time in TC & she made the squad. Abigail Klein made it despite being a "cheeseburger away" from busting out of her shorts (spare me).  Even though there aren't many, yes, there are some whose weight was an issue but were not cut.  To bring it back on topic to this episode, we'll just have to wait and see if Victoria starts to lose (I'm not suggesting all 11 pounds, just some to show the scale is going in the right direction).

If you show you are making the effort and the scale is going the right way, you're safe.  If they have talked to you a couple of times and the scale is going up, forget it!  Brooke worked out with Jay and got leaner.  There was never another problem with her.  That other Victoria didn't work out with Jay cause she thought she could do it herself and she got cut.  Meagan supposedly had a thyroid condition, so she probably lost weight once she got her meds figured out.  Abigail got called out for weight in her second year, but they didn't show it, like they did Erica J.

• Love 3

Megan Sharp supposedly had a medical condition leading to her weight gain. I think the reason why Selina was saved was the fact Holly left the squad, and Erica was cut. Tasha had a bad interview and put on some weight, but I think she was saved was because of her looks. I also think Kelli liked Selina because she had a full time job as a school teacher.

Edited by bigskygirl
28 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

If she gained it that fast she could lose it that fast.  We don’t know what the issue is, but it is possible for a taller person w/ a large frame (like she is) to lose 11 pounds quickly and safely.  It’s not impossible.   Now if she was 5’1” w/ a petite frame, it would be much harder. 

How many weeks are left?  5?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Megan Sharp supposedly had a medical condition leading to her weight gain. I think the reason why Selina was saved was the fact Holly left the squad, and Erica was cut. Tasha had a bad interview and put on some weight, but I think she was saved was her looks. I also think Kelli liked Selina because she had a full time job as a school teacher.

I think Kelli also appreciated how Tasha interacted with the rest of the squad, and how she helped the rookies amongst all of the drama of last year.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If she gained it that fast she could lose it that fast.  We don’t know what the issue is, but it is possible for a taller person w/ a large frame (like she is) to lose 11 pounds quickly and safely.  It’s not impossible.   Now if she was 5’1” w/ a petite frame, it would be much harder. 

How many weeks are left?  5?

Im taller and larger framed than her, no we don't just lose 11lbs in less than 3 weeks.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

Im taller and larger framed than her, no we don't just lose 11lbs in less than 3 weeks.

I thought they had 5 weeks?  And so am I and I definitely can and have lost that in that amount of time - multiple times.   Especially at her age.   Now 20 is a lot harder, but that first 10 pounds comes off easy and then around 15-16 the weight loss slows.

It’s also very easy for me to gain 10 pounds.  

• Love 3