Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Here Comes Kitty

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, lah715 said:

My take on last nights show

Malena should have been cut last night not Dayton  She should have been given more time like they did for Brianna  ... I know Kelli likes Malena but she was a mess last night with Nick's choreography 

Dayton ... I love her and I just think she needs a little more time ... I think when the cameras are not on she does fine and when they are on and Judy and Kelli are watching her brain freezes ...nothing a couple of years cant fix ... I really hope she comes back

Tara - What the heck??? Body wise you cant tell the weight gain but her face is so bloated makes me wonder if she is taking meds for something ...

VK - I know its an unpopular position ... but I like Victoria ... she is just very out going and bubbly ... and young people young! Give the girl a break.  Now that being said she knows the standard and she even said at the beginning she has trouble like her mom holding the weight down ... those of you that dont have that problem probably cant relate .... I also wish they had not tried to be so polite and let it get to 11 lbs ...my guess its also stress eating ..

The cut - I felt so bad they had to break Dayton's heart and know it would break her mom's heart too :-(

Kashara - Ouch!  When she slipped I couldn't help but wonder if she slipped on a wet floor .. Nick had them rolling around on the floor and all that sweat must have made the floor slippery ... poor thing ... you could see the panic in her eyes when she was saying she was gonna be alright

Brianna - YAY!!! I am from Nashville TN and love that she is doing so well in training camp :-)

Kelli - She looked great in the navy blue dress!

Dayton has been dancing her whole life though - she’s not new to dance - if she can’t remember combos to the point where she looked as confused and needing to watch others as she did when K&J told them to do that dance by themselves without facing the mirror, that’s a serious issue for a dance team that does a ton of different dances on demand w/o warning which routine it will be.   Someone new to dance may just need some time to get their coordination in check or just get familiar w/ dance motions/counts - even then it’s a big leap though - in my experience, being able to pick up and member choreography quickly is kind of something a person just has or doesn’t have. 

I do understand why they gave Malena a little more time cause she seems more “new to dance” - they probably hope the extended hours and rigor of TC may improve her.   It’s a long shot though.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

In next week's previews Hannah says dancing on a field is different than dancing on a basketball court. Was she a cheerleader on another pro team or in college?

Chicago Bulls two years ago.

5ba5a478ac8fb_2016Bulls_HannahAnderson(yr1).thumb.jpg.5e20d25de8bcda5096777747297fa6c4.jpg

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - IMO sending in Jinelle to advise a TC who is struggling w/ weight is like sending in Charlotte to help a poor TCC who’s struggling w/ their finances.   On the surface they seem like an expert, but no way either can truly understand “the struggle”.  Unless Jinelle used to be heavy when she was in Australia, but I don’t think that’s the case.

I don't think the point was to provide someone to sympathize, but to hook her up with someone knowledgeable and mature who could set a good example, share some good info and provide encouragement as a DCC sister of sorts.

39 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I also get super frustrated by the 'this is a cut night' thing when they don't even know who they want to cut, just htat they're going to. like they're forcing themselves to cut somebody, anybody just because they've decided 'it's a cut night'. isn't it better to let it be a bit more organic and notice okay so and so isn't improving or whatever, and then cut her, rather than 'we have decided that wednesday is a cut night come hell or high water'? yes, they need to drop 7 girls, but c'mon, that just seems ridiculous

CMT has to film the cuts and the crew isn't there every night. Kelli can't just do the cuts whenever she wants. She does have to take the filming schedule into consideration.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I really disliked that segment. I thought Brennan handled it very well, but I found it unnecessarily combative and rude.  Why can't it be a little of both? why can't Brennan have a part of her that's wants to make it just for her own feelings of achievemnet, and screw the legacy of the DCC? what is so wrong with her having osmething to prove to herself and others? who in TC can say hand on heart that their sole reason for auditioning is for the good of the DCC and to carry that legacy and not even a smidge because they want to be able to prove to themselves and others that they are good enough to make the 'most famous cheerleading squad in the world'?  I know a part of it is that after the number of dropouts they had last year after hte squad was made that they don't want someone else making the team only to prove they can and who then bails, but Brennan has never come across as that sort of person.  that whole thing just irked me.  have they said that to other multiple year TCCs?

I think it was poorly stated and a back-handed complement.  I think she meant it to be rhetorical, but definitely was indirectly referencing those ladies who dropped out last year.  I was never a huge fan of Brennan's but she looks good and has worked hard, and handled that interview with grace.  I'm glad she is more confident this year.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I think it was poorly stated and a back-handed complement.  I think she meant it to be rhetorical, but definitely was indirectly referencing those ladies who dropped out last year.  I was never a huge fan of Brennan's but she looks good and has worked hard, and handled that interview with grace.  I'm glad she is more confident this year.

So what is she going to do - pick a TCC every year who she THINKS might be a Kalyssa or a Milan and interrogate them?  Great way to build a bond with these gals.  Last year happened.  Hopefully, it was just a fluke and will never happen again.  But the first way to prevent that is to respect these gals.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, PBSLover said:
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

so I suspect it's more like 20 pounds that settled in her butt, stomach, and the dunlaps. 

WHAT ARE DUNLAPS?????  HA!!!

Dunlaps are also what happens when your belly dunlap'd over your waistband!

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Chicago Bulls two years ago.

5ba5a478ac8fb_2016Bulls_HannahAnderson(yr1).thumb.jpg.5e20d25de8bcda5096777747297fa6c4.jpg

I don't think the point was to provide someone to sympathize, but to hook her up with someone knowledgeable and mature who could set a good example, share some good info and provide encouragement as a DCC sister of sorts.

CMT has to film the cuts and the crew isn't there every night. Kelli can't just do the cuts whenever she wants. She does have to take the filming schedule into consideration.

ahh that makes sense. still frustrates me, but at least theres rhyme and reason

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

its almost like Brennan isn't falling into line iwth the expected 'oh poor Brennan, not looking good enough this year again' plot and so they're just making up excuses not to want her. now it's that she might have her own desires and wants and to prove something to herself that she can do this. because no human ever has been motivated by that in the past. nope, not ever.  they've alll mentioned how much more confident she is this year, how she's standing out, how she's got the dances with more power and now its 'weeeeeeeeell, we're not sure you want this for the 'right' reasons.  fishing for a reason to cut her is what it felt like.  an unnecessary call into the office done for drama and totally unfair to Brennan who we all know has been called in time and time again and doesn't need to be played with like that.

Jinelle has always been incredibly fit and healthy, she's pretty much the physical ideal of a DCC from TPTB standpoint

8jinelle.thumb.jpg.5b98d0953d961cd84b975e944bb197c2.jpg

plus isn't Vk's group leader Kashara? if Kashara's having weight issues of her own, then sending VK to her a isn't likely to be seen as as advantageous in comparison to Jinelle who eats very clean, works out well, is very toned etc.

I have loved Jinelle from the day she arrived at auditions and think she's beautiful and fit, but this pic is borderline obscene

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, cardsfan720 said:

I have loved Jinelle from the day she arrived at auditions and think she's beautiful and fit, but this pic is borderline obscene

tbh, most of the calendar pics tap dance on that line of too low bikini bottoms, too small tops and overtly sexual and class-less poses, but I picked that one becuse it showed her muscle tone well and also that while she is a very slender woman, and obviously naturally just small framed and petite, she's not starved or scrawny, that there's health and strength in her body not simply a quest for to be 'thin'

• Love 5
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

If you've been dancing your whole life and know it, what does "taking more classes" do to help other than to keep you polished up?

It may help w/ the development/improvement of a new/unfamiliar style, but it’s not going to have as much of an incremental impact if the dancer has been dancing at lot of hours their whole life.  

11 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

tbh, most of the calendar pics tap dance on that line of too low bikini bottoms, too small tops and overtly sexual and class-less poses, but I picked that one because it showed her muscle tone well and also that while she is a very slender woman, and obviously naturally just small framed and petite, she's not starved or scrawny, that there's health and strength in her body not simply a quest for to be 'thin'

@CaseyRe, I see your reasoning.  I agree with what you said about some of the calendar pics,  and that this one shows Jinelle's hard work and commitment to looking as great as she does.  I didn't mean to sound insulting. 

1 minute ago, cardsfan720 said:

@CaseyRe, I see your reasoning.  I agree with what you said about some of the calendar pics,  and that this one shows Jinelle's hard work and commitment to looking as great as she does.  I didn't mean to sound insulting. 

no, no, not at all insulted! pretty much agreeing with you - for pushing the 'good, modest, god-fearing girl' front of the DCC, the calendar shoot can be a whisker away from just vulgar(the girls posing in the sand on all fours, practically spilling out of their top, backs bent to present their backsides...no thank you please, but then I suppose Im not the intended audience for the calendar), especially after really getting an insight to the photographers this year.  I'm no prude, and the girl's are obviously in phenomenal shape and are beautiful women, but I'd be super uncomfortable if a part of my job was posing in teeny tiny scraps of fabric, particularly for a calendar that brings in a bunch of revenue that I see not a dime of.  its the weird dichotomy between them being presented as both the 'good girl' and then the overtly sexual with nothing in between

• Love 6
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Dunlaps refers to her spare tire.   I don't know if the company still exists, but it's a brand of car tire.  

And here I thought it referred to weight that “Dun-lapped” over!

Oops! Looks like I’m not the only one who thought that!

Edited by Pj3422
Note to self: Read before posting.
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

IMHO Malena is not pretty much less beautiful. There have been other AA girls who I consider pretty/beautiful; Jackie Bob, Jacie, Nicole H, Deryn D. Dara M

Mileage varies, I think Malena is prettier than all of those except maybe Jacie. 

5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The calendar shoot was right before TC this year, so I blame it for the weight gain on some of the girls.  They worked out like crazy, drank juices and ate low carb.  Then they came back and dove into practice for how many hours a night and how many hours a day.  They are probably eating more and their bodies are happy to see food.  

You may have a point there, usually several are heavy at auditions but this year not so much but some have issues now. Of course, that wasn’t the excuse in other seasons...so who knows. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But if they didn't do anything, don't start a problem because now you have Brennan wondering if she did something and being self conscious.

Amen. I thought when they called Brennan in, that they were going to compliment her. But no, they have to get into a why are you really trying out nonsense that in no way applies to someone like Brennan. She left the office confused and that could certainly affect her going forward. 

On another note, I really felt for Dayton last night. There is crying and then there is soul wrenching crying when it feels like everything in the world has gone bad. She had that sort of cry that made me feel so bad for her.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I guess it's not really a spoiler anymore, but Dayton tried out for Royal Caribbean about a week after her cut and was signed on to dance with them in their shows. She leaves soon to train and then heads to her port in the UK. Dayton isn't coming back, she found something so so much more than the DCC could have ever offered. 

Do we know how long her contract is for?

• Love 1

Just got through watching the episode, and I LOVE Nick Flores' choreography. It was amazing. I wish I could have seen a whole lot more.  I also thought Nick's feedback was better than Kitty's, but also appreciate a devil's advocate situation.

Dayton broke my heart this week. I don't think her sobbing was overly dramatic at all. She was with Kelli's admin (I forgot her name).  You keep up your emotional shields when you're in front of peers and DCC leaders in professional mode, you let them down with family. That's what Dayton did; let go with someone she considered family. There's not a thing wrong with that, absolutely nothing she should be embarrassed about. She gave it a great try this year, made it into TC. It's just that the fast taught choreography caused her to stumble. She'll do better next year.

I HATE that Kelli didn't cut Malena before she quit her job. She's been struggling the entire TC. But then, Kelli didn't make her quit her job. To Malena, TC was more important than the job.  That's not a decision Kelli can take away from Malena.  Kelli just needs to give her every opportunity to improve her skills before she can't keep up any more. I just hate that she left a job she loved. :(

• Love 6

RE: VK and the sudden weight gain - given how short of a time it has been, I am surprised K&J didn't think it was a medical issue first. Not only meds can cause you to put on weight, some med increase overall appetite and/or appetite for certain foodies (sweets). Weight gain from meds also tend to make the areas that the DCC uniform highlights noticeable - like the waist/lower belly.  

I'm not familiar with their infamous WhatABurger chain, but I would think you would have to eat a whole lot of them, consistently in 5 weeks, given all of the dancing to gain 11 noticeable pounds. If she still lives at/near home, what we don't know if it is mom's good old home-cooked meals/leftovers that is adding in calories.

Ok Jinelle eats clean and has always been DCC weight standards - if not under. If she can get VK to change, on a dime, eating habits, just how fast is the weight going to come off, given it is now 5 weeks into training camp?

It also  takes time, for someone to go from eating what they do and like -to basically start as if your eating like someone else does, as you transition to eat clean. I am learning that lesson myself - sometimes reasons some people eat clean (or cleaner) is that they just don't like certain foods that are now labeled "unclean", or they were raised to NOT eat a certain foodie. And the list of unclean grows every day.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Angela was the one who gained weight after her rookie year due to all the fast food in America lol  Jinelle has always been thin BUT in her defense, she really IS a very healthy person.  She work outs a lot and eats VERY clean.  I think she'd be a good person for Victoria to work with because she could at least give her tips on what nutrient dense foods to focus on to be eating ENOUGH (not crash dieting) and have energy to perform.  

Thanks for the clarification.  I couldn’t remember which one.

• Love 1

It's about time K&J said something to Victoria if she has gained eleven pounds already. I'm not saying she's overweight by real world/non-DCC standards, but anyone who has put on over ten pounds since auditions would look noticeably different. If it had been anyone else, you know they wouldn't have waited until the fifth week of training camp to call someone into the office for a warning. And even though they called her in, she didn't get the more veiled threats that some of the other girls have received or the usual "the uniform is very unforgiving" comments so they are STILL handling Victoria with kid gloves.

Kitty is also clearly biased in favor of Victoria. In the past, she has flat out said that some of the girls were too heavy for the uniform and should be cut. But when it comes to Victoria, it's "give her the respect to get [the weight] off." WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

I had to laugh when Kitty said that Tara and Miranda need to fix their hair. Pot, kettle. And for the recod, I don't think that Tara or Miranda's hair looked any worse/different from the other vets or TCCs. Kitty, on the other hand, has hair that looks like a bad "before" photo from the 80s. Between that terrible washed out reddish color, the inexplicable blonde streaks, and the outdated hairstyle, she is really not in a position to criticize anyone else's hair.

As a former performer, I have done a lot of performances similar to the senior home one that the rookies did this week. The groups I've performed with did lots of free visits/performances at senior places, elementary schools, community events, etc. and those are the ones where you never know exactly how big the space will be, if there will be furniture or other objects in the way, etc. and you just have to make adjustments once you get there and see what you have to work with. Loved that one of the residents was a former Rockette! Even though these performances were unpaid, they were always so rewarding because old people and young people are always so excited and appreciative.

When Kelli said that she was watching the TCCs to see how they interact with each other and the vets to see if they will be good teammates, I was having flashbacks to Megan Flaherty. I was wondering if anyone would have to read that Jackie O book.

Brennan got a lot of points from me this week. She was very well spoken when she was called into Kelli's office. I am also afraid of heights (like I get vertigo if I look down from the second story) so she was really brave to go up to the top of that building and look down.

Lily is real! First she got her name on the screen during rehearsal and then she got to talk during their team building trip!

OMG I was going crazy during part of the Nick Flores segment because that stupid Fireball song that the show insists on using every fucking season was not playing at the same tempo as Nick counting out the beats.

I'm glad that Keshara is okay. Kelli was right to call in the trainer and then send her to the ER for an x-ray. She hit the floor really hard so better safe than sorry.

Tara didn't seem noticeably worse than anyone else during rehearsal so I didn't really see a reason to call her into Kelli's office. Even when Kelli said that Tara had gained ten pounds since last year, I thought she looked fine. She definitely doesn't look as soft as Victoria.

If Dayton is getting cut for not being able to retain the choreography, then Malena should be cut too. Both of them have been standing out in rehearsal because they don't know the steps. If anyone had doubts about whether Dayton really wanted to make the team or not, I think her heartbroken sobs answered that question.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
typo
  • Love 7
On 9/21/2018 at 3:42 AM, sATL said:

Bridget - I feel like we didn't get the whole story... You love dance (hence the Charger stint) and are a great dancer. You liked the dance team at ASU, which you made as a freshman (IE alot of time and $$ spent during k-12 yrs). You were working two jobs and a bio major. So, you changed everything to go back to CA ?

My guess is that it was a combination of the out of state costs (which is why she was working two jobs), missing her family, and wanting to be with her boyfriend. She said they've been dating since high school and it's hard enough to have a long distance relationship but being a full time student on the dance team with two jobs? That leaves barely any time to skype/facetime/text before you fall into bed exhausted every night.

22 hours ago, sATL said:

I guess I was expecting her to stay that, or something, - I realized I missed my family, my parents needed be back at home, I got homesick. she appeared to be the oldest in the family. Is Orange County, CA, Rams or Chargers territory ? I get confused when one area has 2 major teams going on..

The Chargers were in San Diego from 1961 until 2016. They moved to Los Angeles for the 2017 season. The Rams are also in Los Angeles (not Orange County). They returned to LA (from St. Louis) in 2016. During the 80s, the Rams played at Anaheim Stadium in Orange County (prior to that, they played at the Coliseum in LA which is where they play now).

Bridget said that after her first year at ASU, she moved back to San Diego and was a Chargers Girl for three years.

• Love 1

I've never posted on here, I more just read through every week. But, Dayton's cut literally brought tears to my dry and heartless eyes, dear lord. Like, watching her devastation when there's about eight million other people that could be cut was legit sad.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, sATL said:

I'm not familiar with their infamous WhatABurger chain, but I would think you would have to eat a whole lot of them, consistently in 5 weeks, given all of the dancing to gain 11 noticeable pounds. If she still lives at/near home, what we don't know if it is mom's good old home-cooked meals/leftovers that is adding in calories.

I could merely look at a Whataburger and gain 7 pounds. 

• Love 4

I just saw the episode. Thought it was a meh one. Overall, I’m just not impressed with this year’s squad.  Last week, our dvr recording ran a little long, so I got to watch part of an episode from an earlier season. I can’t remember which one, but it was Brittany Schramm and McKenzie Lee’s rookie year. That group of rookies and veterans seem like an all-star team compared to this year’s group. I always laugh when Kelli breaks out her hyperbole about how this year’s squad is one of the most talented they’ve ever had or this year is going to be one of the most difficult cuts, but I actually do believe her on the latter. It’s going to be difficult to make cuts because there are so many mediocre rookies to chose from.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Griffin said:

I am done with the season. The blatant favoritism is appalling. Watching the show must be awkward, I'm guessing, for people like Dayton and Tara. Tara probably had an inkling that Kitty might not like her but to watch someone talk you down like that *smh*. The same with Dayton, it's one thing to suspect that people might not be pulling for you, but it must be heartbreaking to have everything confirmed.

I recommend watching till the end of this season anyway.  If they are faithful to show the stuff that goes down from now thru the last cuts, I promise you will not want to miss it.  And yes, that is all i'm saying on that. ;)  Hang in there. LOL  

but watching next year? i don't know if i will be as into it.  i used to loyally follow the bachelor franchise for YEARS and never thought i'd fall off that ship.  I haven't seen an episode now since about 2015.  at some point you are just over it. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

this is what i thought too - she was kind of waxing on about how some people try out for their own prestige and arent about the organization or team first...and we know form earlier episode how they showed Kalyssa when they talked about 'attrition' and Kelli even mentioned she felt bad about cutting Brennan.  What made it come off bad in this scene is that Brennan doesn't know Kelli said all that before LOL  She handled it well tho and she seems to understand that they truly want her on team.. 

• Love 2

I wasn’t sure if I should even post this opinion because I know I’ll get flamed, but what the heck. Flame away!

I felt awful for Dayton based on her reaction. This obviously meant very much to her, which I wasn’t 100% sure on until tonight. Sometimes she seemed like it was something that meant a lot to her because it was supposed to, if that makes sense. There is no questioning how much this meant to her after this episode. 

That said, I never thought she was top 36. She looked great at show group auditions, but struggled everywhere else. I don’t feel Malena is top 36 and fully expect her to get cut. I don’t think Victoria is top 36 and expect her to be cut. If they make it, I’ll shocked and upset right with everyone. But I can see why they gave them another week beyond favoritism.

Malena is a great dancer when she knows the routine. That is something that can be improved with time. Maybe it clicks next week. Doubtful, but there’s a slim chance.

Victoria has weight issues. Again, that can be corrected. Do I expect it? No, but there is a slim chance. 

Dayton seems to struggle with the routines like Malena. But Dayton has been around DCC practically her whole life. I believe her mom helps with the choreography. If she is still struggling after all that time, it’s not going to happen this year. Malena has had half a training camp to learn the routines. Do you see why they kept her for another week over Dayton? 

I don’t want to seem like I’m bashing Dayton because I don’t meant to. I was pulling for her. She obviously has a bright future in whatever she does. But the imbalance on here between the two legacy candidates is shocking. Again, I don’t think Victoria should or will make the team. But I do question how people can so severely criticize Kelli for showing favoritism to Victoria when many on this board are showing favoritism to Dayton because her mom occasionally posts on this forum. Kelli is having to judge the daughter of her best friend. We are attempting to judge the daughter of someone we barely know on the internet and still struggle to avoid bias. If that’s not the reason for you, I’m curious to know why you feel Dayton should’ve made the team this year.

Now if Victoria makes the team when Dayton doesn’t, I’ll be holding a pitchfork with everyone. But we aren’t at that point yet, at least not after this episode. I’m unspoiled, so maybe people in this thread are posting based off of spoilers they know. But as someone who isn’t spoiled, I just don’t get it. 

Edited by vivianspoetry
Typos
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I wasn’t sure if I should even post this opinion because I know I’ll get flamed, but what the heck. Flame away!

I felt awful for Dayton based on her reaction. This obviously meant very much to her, which I wasn’t 100% sure on until tonight. Sometimes she seemed like it was something that meant a lot to her because it was supposed to, if that makes sense. There is no questioning how much this meant to her after this episode. 

That said, I never thought she was top 36. She looked great at show group auditions, but struggled everywhere else. I don’t feel Malena is top 36 and fully expect her to get cut. I don’t think Victoria is top 36 and expect her to be cut. If they make it, I’ll shocked and upset right with everyone. But I can see why they gave them another week beyond favoritism.

Malena is a great dancer when she knows the routine. That is something that can be improved with time. Maybe it clicks next week. Doubtful, but there’s a slim chance.

Victoria has weight issues. Again, that can be corrected. Do I expect it? No, but there is a slim chance. 

Dayton seems to struggle with the routines like Malena. But Dayton has been around DCC practically her whole life. I believe her mom helps with the choreography. If she is still struggling after all that time, it’s not going to happen this year. Malena has had half a training camp to learn the routines. Do you see why they kept her for another week over Dayton? 

I don’t want to seem like I’m bashing Dayton because I don’t meant to. I was pulling for her. She obviously has a bright future in whatever she does. But the imbalance on here between the two legacy candidates is shocking. Again, I don’t think Victoria should or will make the team. But I do question how people can so severely criticize Kelli for showing favoritism to Victoria when many on this board are showing favoritism to Dayton because her mom occasionally posts on this forum. Kelli is having to judge the daughter of her best friend. We are attempting to judge the daughter of someone we barely know on the internet and still struggle to avoid bias. If that’s not the reason for you, I’m curious to know why you feel Dayton should’ve made the team this year.

Now if Victoria makes the team when Dayton doesn’t, I’ll be holding a pitchfork with everyone. But we aren’t at that point yet, at least not after this episode. I’m unspoiled, so maybe people in this thread are posting based off of spoilers they know. But as someone who isn’t spoiled, I just don’t get it. 

One can criticize because Kelli’s calling the shots, deciding who makes this team and who doesn’t. We can “show favoritism” because this is a forum and when you’ve seen and heard things it makes you open your eyes to the blatant hypocrisy. What we think are just opinions and not the end all be all. :) 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I think Kelly's "coldness" in the office toward Dayton was because she was going to fall apart otherwise and overcompensated. My only guess why Kitty defends VK so much is she has seen VK dance outside TC a lot and knows she is capable? IDK. But how on earth does an 18 year old gain 11 pounds in....6 weeks maybe? Especially with the amount of dancing they do every day. Is she eating a quart of ice cream when she goes home? I worry Tara is suffering from depression. She was very sad looking in the office. She looks the part. Disheveled, tired looking, not saying much... I wonder if she and Savannah are still roomies? The were a "package deal last year". It's weird that last year it was Savannah that almost got cut and now she's a rockstar. 

I thought Kelli was 2 sentences away from falling apart with Dayton. I agree that she appeared "cold and aloof" but was really upset. I also thought when she came back into the office that she most likely had a good cry off camera. I just can not accept that Kelli was that insensitive to Dayton, someone she has known and loved her whole life.

• Love 9

A lot of the critiques we see are bitchery disguised as professional feedback. This has always bothered me about the show. Kelli, Judy and Kitty often have expressions of distaste on their faces; they struggle to be pleasant to candidates they don't "like." It's very unprofessional and very difficult for young women to handle.

I hate for any woman to lose her job before she's ready to retire, but I'm curious what different coaches and choreographers would do for the DCC.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
On 9/21/2018 at 10:59 AM, Stee said:

Kitty also has some sort of vendetta against girls who are good dancers and know it - she called out Erica for her hair and made a bully out of Gina. The show always has to backtrack in future seasons when those girls end up being stars of the team. 

Girls Kitty didn’t like in their rookie years: Erica, Gina, Tara, Danielle, Jessica, Mia. Remind me again why we love Kitty so much?!  Just because she’s “brutally honest?” Her track record isn’t so great. 

THANK YOU! I've been saying this! Kitty's on a witch hunt, she should look in the mirror! This is also one of the reasons I've been a Rachel fan since day 1, Rachel checked Kitty in the sweetest way possible at auditions. Before finals when they were all at Kitty's studio and Rachel was about to do her solo when Kitty said, "We saved the best for last."

Rachel calmly replied, " I don't think I'm last, and I certainly don't think I'm going to be the best." I don't think Rachel was trying to devalue herself, she's just a South Carolina sweetie who doesn't like to brag. 

Also, it's clear as day that Kristen's an introvert. She likes to perform but I don't think it's a coincidence that she has a passion for sign language and working with the deaf. She's inside her head a lot and she watches other's body language and facial expressions to try to gauge what they're thinking and that in turn makes her own facial expressions look pensive and even standoffish. 

When she was sitting next to Dayton at Billy Bob's, Kristen's shoulder's were drawn in and her body slightly turned away and she was biting her lips. These are all body language signs of fear, anxiety, and insecurity. Bottom line, she's shy and has some social anxiety, and could use a pep talk or even a friend on the team. It's easy to forget that so many of these girls know each other or bring a friend from their other pro team when they choose to audition, Kristen seems on her own. Didn't J & K have Kashara befriend a girl a few years ago, didn't they have Jinelle befriend Yuko because of Yuko's language comprehension and homesickness?

Random: ex Dolphin Cheerleader Lauren's straight hair look made me realize just how pretty she is, stunning. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't get to watch a lot with my DH home on VAC and yakking during it so I'll have to re-watch when he's not around. I fast forwarded through the boring stuff and watched the dancing, office call- ins, and cuts.

IMHO Malena is not pretty much less beautiful. There have been other AA girls who I consider pretty/beautiful; Jackie Bob, Jacie, Nicole H, Deryn D. Dara M.

In next week's previews Hannah says dancing on a field is different than dancing on a basketball court. Was she a cheerleader on another pro team or in college?

Why was Jinelle chosen or volunteered to help Victoria?  It's not like she's her GL.

I thought Tara was going to get cut but was let off with a warning instead.

Hannah cheered for the Chicago Bulls.  jinelle is employed by the DCC.  Not sure her exact role.

11 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Just got through watching the episode, and I LOVE Nick Flores' choreography. It was amazing. I wish I could have seen a whole lot more.  I also thought Nick's feedback was better than Kitty's, but also appreciate a devil's advocate situation.

Dayton broke my heart this week. I don't think her sobbing was overly dramatic at all. She was with Kelli's admin (I forgot her name).  You keep up your emotional shields when you're in front of peers and DCC leaders in professional mode, you let them down with family. That's what Dayton did; let go with someone she considered family. There's not a thing wrong with that, absolutely nothing she should be embarrassed about. She gave it a great try this year, made it into TC. It's just that the fast taught choreography caused her to stumble. She'll do better next year.

I HATE that Kelli didn't cut Malena before she quit her job. She's been struggling the entire TC. But then, Kelli didn't make her quit her job. To Malena, TC was more important than the job.  That's not a decision Kelli can take away from Malena.  Kelli just needs to give her every opportunity to improve her skills before she can't keep up any more. I just hate that she left a job she loved. :(

I liked Nick’s input much better than Kitty’s too, his was not based on favorites or previous disliked candidates, since he doesn’t really know the girls. Reminded me a little of when the weatherman judge made comments, they were true feelings not based on what the show, Kelli, or anyone else wanted him to say. Kitty is almost always unprofessionally nasty and screechy and sounds/feels like nails on a chalkboard. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

I look at it she was blessed to find her "dream job" at such a early age.  Wish her the best in the rest of her career.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, healthnut said:

Mileage varies, I think Malena is prettier than all of those except maybe Jacie. 

You may have a point there, usually several are heavy at auditions but this year not so much but some have issues now. Of course, that wasn’t the excuse in other seasons...so who knows. 

I too think Malena is a very pretty girl, and if her eye makeup was a little more polished she'd be a stunner, especially when she smiles when she's dancing, she's fun to watch.  when she gets it right. but her dancing just isn't up to her looks sadly

10 hours ago, sATL said:

RE: VK and the sudden weight gain - given how short of a time it has been, I am surprised K&J didn't think it was a medical issue first. Not only meds can cause you to put on weight, some med increase overall appetite and/or appetite for certain foodies (sweets). Weight gain from meds also tend to make the areas that the DCC uniform highlights noticeable - like the waist/lower belly.  

Ok Jinelle eats clean and has always been DCC weight standards - if not under. If she can get VK to change, on a dime, eating habits, just how fast is the weight going to come off, given it is now 5 weeks into training camp?

It also  takes time, for someone to go from eating what they do and like -to basically start as if your eating like someone else does, as you transition to eat clean. I am learning that lesson myself - sometimes reasons some people eat clean (or cleaner) is that they just don't like certain foods that are now labeled "unclean", or they were raised to NOT eat a certain foodie. And the list of unclean grows every day.

Given the closeness between the two families, chances are Kelli would have known if there was a medication/illness issue and it would be unlikely to be discuessed on tv anyway because medical information has a right to be kept private. also, it'd be on VK to go to them to tell them beforehand, not wait until she'd gained nearly a stone and then say something.  I 100% think its eating the wrong things, at the wrong times and in the wrong quantities, but because she seems unable to absorb and implement feedback, I don't see her changing a thing

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I too think Malena is a very pretty girl, and if her eye makeup was a little more polished she'd be a stunner, especially when she smiles when she's dancing, she's fun to watch.  when she gets it right. but her dancing just isn't up to her looks sadly

Given the closeness between the two families, chances are Kelli would have known if there was a medication/illness issue and it would be unlikely to be discuessed on tv anyway because medical information has a right to be kept private. also, it'd be on VK to go to them to tell them beforehand, not wait until she'd gained nearly a stone and then say something.  I 100% think its eating the wrong things, at the wrong times and in the wrong quantities, but because she seems unable to absorb and implement feedback, I don't see her changing a thing

Actually - other than the dancing injuries (even ole Melissa gave us her injury resume) - this might be one of the few shows I watch that don't get into medical issues.  I seen lazer eye surgery , dental appts, fertility issues , childbirth (natural and c-sect), vasectomy, therapist appts, testing for Crone disease, all in 2018.

{reserving the right to edit this list as more episodes pop back into my mind.. :) }

Edited by sATL
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

Actually - other than the dancing injuries (even ole Melissa gave us her injury resume) - this might be one of the few shows I watch that don't get into medical issues.  I seen lazer eye surgery , dental appts, fertility issues , childbirth (natural and c-sect), vasectomy, therapist appts, testing for Crone disease, all in 2018.

{reserving the right to edit this list as more episodes pop back into my mind.. :) }

I meant that in given the terms of the context of the show - that its a 'reality' show about dance, and the girls would likely have to give permission to have medical issues discussed and therefore if they don't want them to be, they aren't. by law you have a right to keep medical information, including medication, private. injuries incurred during or because of or that inhibit their dancing are one thing, that's the context of the show, but in terms of say developing PCOS or the like that would cause weight gain, or depression and taking anti-depressants which can cause gain, you don't have to discuss that unless you choose to

I don't know if VK has a medical condition or not, and I don't think it has to be an either/or thing. She could have a medical issue, or the weight gain could be a side effect of medication and she could be eating a very poor diet on top of that. With that said, genetics just may not be on her side. She's at an age where her body could be changing, and everyone is not meant to be super thin. Right now, she's looks fluffy, so she can correct this, but in general, I see her being a regular sized woman in the future, and that's not really compatible with the DCC uniform. If she makes the team now or in the future, I think weight would be a constant struggle for her.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 9

I guess it's not really a spoiler anymore, but Dayton tried out for Royal Caribbean about a week after her cut and was signed on to dance with them in their shows. She leaves soon to train and then heads to her port in the UK. Dayton isn't coming back, she found something so so much more than the DCC could have ever offered. 

I know nothing about the world of dance, but is dancing on a cruise ship a prestigious thing? I would hope that something better than DCC might involve college and dancing on another team to gain experience.   Dayton can dance.  She just has trouble learning DCC dances and popping.  I don't see how dancing lyrical on a ship will build those skills to make the team.

I also don't think Kelli and Judy were unprofessional or harsh.  They know these girls and it's hard.  Dayton struggled and didn't look great most of the time. Melena, in my opinion, has moments where she's stunning.  I didn't see those moments with Dayton.  I did cry along with her and it was heartbreaking to see her sob. But if she really wants it, she can work toward it.

No words on VK.  She's had every freaking advantage you can have to make this team and she's clueless. Her parents could afford to get her a professional trainer and a nutritionist. I think she's learning the hard way that our bodies start betraying us around 19 and it's not pretty.  You can't eat like you did in high school and not gain weight. She's fighting genetics because Mama K looks like she's all for the comfort food and not for healthy and nutritious.  I can't see her making this team between all the negatives.  Kitty sold her soul fighting for a girl who doesn't deserve it.  VK is about to learn some hard lessons in life.  Sometimes, wanting it isn't enough. You have to work really really hard.

Brennan rocks.  She's so well spoken.  I'll be crushed if she doesn't make this team.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I know nothing about the world of dance, but is dancing on a cruise ship a prestigious thing? I would hope that something better than DCC might involve college and dancing on another team to gain experience.   Dayton can dance.  She just has trouble learning DCC dances and popping.  I don't see how dancing lyrical on a ship will build those skills to make the team.

I also don't think Kelli and Judy were unprofessional or harsh.  They know these girls and it's hard.  Dayton struggled and didn't look great most of the time. Melena, in my opinion, has moments where she's stunning.  I didn't see those moments with Dayton.  I did cry along with her and it was heartbreaking to see her sob. But if she really wants it, she can work toward it.

No words on VK.  She's had every freaking advantage you can have to make this team and she's clueless. Her parents could afford to get her a professional trainer and a nutritionist. I think she's learning the hard way that our bodies start betraying us around 19 and it's not pretty.  You can't eat like you did in high school and not gain weight. She's fighting genetics because Mama K looks like she's all for the comfort food and not for healthy and nutritious.  I can't see her making this team between all the negatives.  Kitty sold her soul fighting for a girl who doesn't deserve it.  VK is about to learn some hard lessons in life.  Sometimes, wanting it isn't enough. You have to work really really hard.

Brennan rocks.  She's so well spoken.  I'll be crushed if she doesn't make this team.

That's assuming she ever wants to try out again, which she might not. I wouldn't, particularly after how she was treated in comparison to VK. if VK had been treated the same as Dayton and the other girls, it wouldn't be as bad, but Dayton got the short end of the stick, repeatedly, and I wouldn't out myself through that again if I didn't have to.
In terms of dancing on a cruise ship - she'd have literally guaranteed world travel (staff generally get to go ashore when in port, so she'd get to see a lot of locations depending on the cruise line). A dance position on a cruise ship is considered one of the most coveted as the hours are shorter, they have more free time. they get to save almost all they earn because obviously food and board is provided, she'd be getting great experience with interacting with people (though sometimes passengers can be rude AF), and yeah, it can definitely help you get jobs once you're on land too. Easier to get choreography jobs or dancing jobs at companies with the experience she'd have had, professional dance jobs at theatres, and she'd really grow as an individual

• Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, RedDelicious said:

Bottom line is Dayton couldn't perform the dances.  She had some nice facials but she couldn't pull off the rest of it.  It was sad but it wasn't that surprising.  I thought the sobbing was melodramatic.  She's a very, very young 21 and has a lot of maturing to do. 

Thank you, I was beginning to feel heartless when I'm usually an empathetic crier.  I was ready for her to go.   Other than the rare cases in which Dayton lights up and beams, she's perma-sulking in appearance.  She's extremely low energy, and lacks enthusiasm as compared to the other ladies.  I don't care who her mother is, and I found her sobbing, especially just outside Kelli's door, on the manipulative side.  How many others have been hugged out of the room, and then immediately coddled in the next pair of arms?  Plus, Dayton was being personally trained at home by her mother.  If that doesn't help her learn choreography, she's not going to learn it.

I have no doubt VK will be cut in time.  The differences between the two, IMO, is VK is bubbly and smiley and brings more drama to the show.  Now I'm not dissing Dayton for her personality; I think the DCC constant orgasmic smiles with the baby whisper "yes ma'am" is incredibly creepy, but that's the desired affect.  They're like athletic beauty pageant contestants.

I saw no difference in Kitty - I've always found her nasty.

Can they please focus on those who are thriving, like Jalyn?

• Love 8

re: Jinelle & clean eating habits : She is also a big water drinker.  ( link )

"I'm all about water, so I'll drink about 1.6 gallons — between 5 to 6 liters — every day. If I'm not hydrated, I can feel a lot less able to do my workouts. Water is so important and makes such a difference to your overall performance."

So, I guess part of the sessions with VK will include monitoring water intake .

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Nope. She was not in the building that day and had no idea it was happening. 

Perhaps Dayton would eventually have been cut, but my opinion of Kelli has sunk to the point that I truly believe that she realized that Shelly wouldn't be in the building, knew that it would be a cut night, and deliberately chose to make it the night for Dayton to go. K. was too cowardly to think about facing Shelly right away, If Shelly HAD been there. And I also wonder that if K. and Shelly ever discussed the cut, how that conversation went.

And somebody brought up the topic of ambassador risk - the thought of VK on appearances is both amusing and frightening. Charlotte and Kelli darn well better think about that scenario!

• Love 4