Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Here Comes Kitty

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

A little disappointed in Kitty. She calls out the fat asses and did not do so this time around. I hated hated how she made excuses for VK. If it was any other girl, she would have said,  "you have got rolls and you're totally s****** when you dance." Kelli would have cut them that night based on that alone. 

Kitty did not call on the overweight dancers because then she would have to call on VK too, and obviously her plan was to pull for Victoria.

• Love 20

1. Dayton’s cut was heartbreaking.

2. I wish we had heard more of Judy’s opinions during their round table discussion. Also, I wish Kitty elaborated more on who needs an attitude adjustment. I’m very surprised that Kitty asked that VK is given more time and thinks she’s ready...on what planet?

3. I wish Tara would get her roots fixed. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Kitty did not call on the overweight dancers because then she would have to call on VK too, and obviously her plan was to pull for Victoria.

Agreed. Kitty should have been more consistent. Remember the year four + vets and a rookie got called in for fatassitis? VK must be *really* special if Megan Sharp can't get away with it but she can. SMH

• Love 12

Despite gaining 10 lbs, Tara didnt have jiggle or dimples. She probably needed to gain that weight. Hair and make up can be fixed. She just looked tired. Can the girls get an off day ? If CMT was not there, probably would not have been an issue. 

Kitty was itching to cut a veteran. 

As for Dayton, the portions CMT showed, it looked like she was not ready but lots of potential.  Malena and Kristin looked like they were not ready too.  I want more dancing and deliberations. 

• Love 18

Bottom line is Dayton couldn't perform the dances.  She had some nice facials but she couldn't pull off the rest of it.  It was sad but it wasn't that surprising.  I thought the sobbing was melodramatic.  She's a very, very young 21 and has a lot of maturing to do. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 17

Well, Judy finally made the cut...some feedback made the edit about the dancers...Malena & Dayton comments...by what CMT showed on their dancing, they both are not ready for the team...at this time.  Dayton has been shown to have more blah moments than wow moments, but not sure this should have been the week for her cut, but I guess it all worked out in the end.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TaraS1 said:

It feels like Victoria knows she can do no wrong in Kelli's eyes because she didn't seem the least bit concerned about getting called into the office last night.  She was smiling and giggling and acting like she was just going to visit Aunt Kelli's house for a big hug and a bedtime story.

My thoughts exactly...”oh look, they are calling me in”.  In my opinion, the weight gain seems to be emotional eating for that much of a gain so quickly.    Anyone who is trying to watch their weight, once you start to eat off your plan, stop and find out what just happened beforehand.  This can be a real eye opener about what the cause is.  Once the trigger is found,   put a plan in place to avoid the fridge or restaurant.  

• Love 16
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Usually, rookie candidates aren't taken into Training Camp when they're as soft as Victoria was and then to let her slide when she GAINS 11 pounds, not only slide but gets extra time to lose it?  Rookie candidates get cut while Veterans get a warning shot across the bow, then booted when they gain 5-8 pounds.  I think one girl (Selena?) had a 14 pound weight gain from one year to the next and ended up cut, yet Victoria gets to stay around and be not only soft, but allowed to gain weight with few to no repercussions.   If Judy, Kelli and Kitty are SUPER-strict with everyone else and lenient with Victoria regarding weight, I could see how there would be resentment towards both Victoria and TPTB.  If TPTB are surprised by that, they're either blind, idiots, or both.

I remember a training candidate was called in and told she needed to lose weight, and  given some example weights for her height and she said she had not weighed that since the 8th grade!  She then lost 9 lbs, I don't know how much time elapsed...maybe 3 weeks?  And then at cameos Kelli was like "Now this is exciting, you look great!  Now you are a real contender"  She did make the team and did look great, but consider this compared to VK and that shows you the difference.  VK should have been cut for weight even if you debate me on the dancing Kelli!

• Love 10

I felt bad for Dayton but the cut wasn't surprising to me based on what they showed. She seemed to really be struggling (along with some other people).

In years past has anyone got a personal alumni coach to help them lose weight? that seemed odd to me.

I get distracted by silly things so when Judy hugged Dayton, I found myself concerned that she was going to end up with a bunch of make-up all over her nice white jacket. Because that kind of stuff always happens to me.

I agree with everyone on Kitty. Very odd. I don't get the "deserves the respect" comment at all. How does participating in some junior program give you more of a right to try to lose weight than other people? I wish they showed more discussions; it's hard to follow.

• Love 18

I think they went with an advanced line dance because they are supposed to learn complex choreography quickly, so that was just bringing in another guest choreographer.  

Kitty looked way off this time.    She wasn't the usual charge into the room, and start ripping people up Kitty.   I'm wondering if something's wrong physically?     If Kitty doesn't produce what CMT wants, and DCC want, then they might find another dance studio to give their official endorsement to, and her   so it's entirely a business decision on Kitty's part.     

I don't think Judy wanted to cut Dayton, but I think she's also disgusted with the VK storyline, and extra chances just for the show.      

I think the entire VK needs respect and time was planned, and Kitty doing a line she was fed.    She didn't seem all that enthusiastic to say it.    I suspect it was supposed to be the redemption arc, and VK blew that too.      I think Kitty said that, but didn't really believe it, and she's not that good of an actress.   By the way, VK gained 11 pounds since tryouts, but needed to lose a few before that, so I suspect it's more like 20 pounds that settled in her butt, stomach, and the dunlaps.     I enjoy the camera people and editors highlighting the rolls when VK walks around, and VK getting in the front line just makes the weight gain more obvious to the cameras. 

I didn't watch the cut on Dayton, because I just couldn't, but I know she'll get past this,  because she's a lovely, accomplished young woman, and seems like a truly nice person.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Despite gaining 10 lbs, Tara didnt have jiggle or dimples. She probably needed to gain that weight. Hair and make up can be fixed. She just looked tired.

Her face showed most of it. She looked really puffy and disheveled . Her hair is a mess but that could be fixed with a shampoo and hair cut to give her more volume.  Does anyone know what Tara was doing for a living? Maybe she had a demanding job and was just trying to hang in there. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

The point is Dayton should get more time. She can get there. She’s so obviously not the weakest link on the team.

Agreed. She and Malena struggled the most this episode and Malena struggled awful last week. If they were willing to give Malena more time, especially since they both had the same memory mistakes, they should have given Dayton the same courtesy. I could argue that Malena struggled a lot more over the past few episodes compared to Dayton and that just makes me even more annoyed she was cut this early. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, dbell1 said:

That was tough to watch. When Dayton was crying outside the office, I'm glad she had someone to comfort her. I should know "call in" lady's name by now, but I've always liked her. 

Kitty has championed some losers in the past (Morgan was the biggest), but, no Victoria doesn't get a scale pass because she's a friend's daughter. 

Rachel was one of my favorites tonight. She's coming out of pageant mode and it's fun to watch.

Bahahahahahahahaha.  I THINK her name is Cheryl...or Andrea.  I am the same way.  I think I thought it was Andrea, but is really Cheryl...or the other way around.  I was glad to see that myself. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

s past has anyone got a personal alumni coach to help them lose weight? that seemed odd to me.

I don't think a nutritionist would sign off on any quick weight loss and that is what would be needed now.  I don't know that Jinelle is the right choice, she has a super high metabolism and came to the squad with rare "underweight" "skinny" comments when entering DCC.  Of course, I don't know that we have ever seen a TC canidate gain while auditioning, so maybe they actually mean it when they say healthy weight loss! lol!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Can Victoria get off my screen already? No other TC would survive an 11 lb gain without getting cut. Vets wouldn't even survive that. Kelli has earned my new nickname for her...blind idiot. 

I disagree with this.  I can't think of any that has been cut before WITHOUT Kelli trying to work with them first.  She isn't being blind in the least.  She is being fair.  It's really no different than if someone has an injury and can't practice the jump split right away.  She gives chances until they are out of time.  

• Love 3

I really struggled to not scream on my couch when I was watching VK acting like being called into the office for the 3rd time was all hunky dory. Everybody in the whole series of the show, especially panic when it comes to the third time in the office because it's usually a cut night. Heck, some get cut without warnings. I reminded of season 10 when Judy and Kelli lambasted that Megan girl when she came into the office all like "oh yeah, i'm quitting for classes bye" for not taking the situation seriously. VK reminds me of Taylor from season 6, where Kelli thought it was cute until she got called out in rehearsal for being immature, "she needs to take this seriously or else it will pass her by." and I don't think VK is taking training camp serious. Like, geez, girls pick up with LIVES for the opportunity she has. 

Edited by soapmaniac22
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I don't think a nutritionist would sign off on any quick weight loss and that is what would be needed now.  I don't know that Jinelle is the right choice, she has a super high metabolism and came to the squad with rare "underweight" "skinny" comments when entering DCC.  Of course, I don't know that we have ever seen a TC canidate gain while auditioning, so maybe they actually mean it when they say healthy weight loss! lol!

Well, they can't exactly promote unhealthy weight loss.  I can think of two, but one I know for sure was thicker coming into auditions (Elizabeth Reuter?) and Stephanie.  Not sure if Stephanie gained while in TC or not.  I always felt bad for Elizabeth.  Then she took a year or two, got the weight off, and then they didn't think she was a good dancer anymore.  I don't know...I always felt like they used her as a project or something.

1 minute ago, soapmaniac22 said:

I really struggled to not scream on my couch when I was watching VK acting like being called into the office for the 3rd time was all hunky dory. Everybody in the whole series of the show, especially panic when it comes to the third time in the office because it's usually a cut night. Heck, some get cut without warnings. I reminded of season 10 when Judy and Kelli lambasted that Megan girl when she came into the office all like "oh yeah, i'm quitting for classes bye" for not taking the situation seriously. VK reminds me of Taylor from season 6, where Kelli thought it was cute until she got called out in rehearsal for being immature, "she needs to take this seriously or else it will pass her by." and I don't think VK is taking training camp serious. Like, geez, girls pick up with LIVES for the opportunity she has.

She reminds me of Taylor so very much.  She needs to learn to grow up and maybe this experience will teach her a thing or two.

• Love 2

Not to be on VK's team or anything, but I would be offended if Jinelle was my weight loss mentor! As if she's ever had to lose weight!

Tara did look puffy and something has to be done with her roots/greasy hair. But I think Kitty has never loved Tara's sleek New York look compared to the Dallas big hair.  I need to rewatch to see her dancing, but when she was called into the office she certainly seemed on xanax or something. 

Bridget's backstory was really odd.  

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Bottom line is Dayton couldn't perform the dances. She had some nice facials but she couldn't pull off the rest of it. It was sad but it wasn't that surprising. I though the sobbing was melodramatic. She's a very, very young 21 and has a lot of maturing to do. 

Dayton has been great in many dances and is getting DCC style. She wasn’t the worst dancer and neither was Tara.

i felt her heartbreak was real because she had been doing well. She hasn’t ebb shown being melodramatic, if anything she’s been seen as too laid back.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, shaunamarie said:

I disagree with this.  I can't think of any that has been cut before WITHOUT Kelli trying to work with them first.  She isn't being blind in the least.  She is being fair.  It's really no different than if someone has an injury and can't practice the jump split right away.  She gives chances until they are out of time.  

Selina- a two year popular veteran didn’t even make training camp because of weight. This isn’t the first year for that either.

Girls with that much to lose don’t even get into camp without being exceptional and the handful that have over the years are told strictly about their weight from day one. 

• Love 12

My take on last nights show

Malena should have been cut last night not Dayton  She should have been given more time like they did for Brianna  ... I know Kelli likes Malena but she was a mess last night with Nick's choreography 

Dayton ... I love her and I just think she needs a little more time ... I think when the cameras are not on she does fine and when they are on and Judy and Kelli are watching her brain freezes ...nothing a couple of years cant fix ... I really hope she comes back

Tara - What the heck??? Body wise you cant tell the weight gain but her face is so bloated makes me wonder if she is taking meds for something ...

VK - I know its an unpopular position ... but I like Victoria ... she is just very out going and bubbly ... and young people young! Give the girl a break.  Now that being said she knows the standard and she even said at the beginning she has trouble like her mom holding the weight down ... those of you that dont have that problem probably cant relate .... I also wish they had not tried to be so polite and let it get to 11 lbs ...my guess its also stress eating ..

The cut - I felt so bad they had to break Dayton's heart and know it would break her mom's heart too :-(

Kashara - Ouch!  When she slipped I couldn't help but wonder if she slipped on a wet floor .. Nick had them rolling around on the floor and all that sweat must have made the floor slippery ... poor thing ... you could see the panic in her eyes when she was saying she was gonna be alright

Brianna - YAY!!! I am from Nashville TN and love that she is doing so well in training camp :-)

Kelli - She looked great in the navy blue dress!

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

It feels like Victoria knows she can do no wrong in Kelli's eyes because she didn't seem the least bit concerned about getting called into the office last night.  She was smiling and giggling and acting like she was just going to visit Aunt Kelli's house for a big hug and a bedtime story.

Yeah until she realized that she was in the office with Kelli the boss.  I have no sympathy for VK and her weight if it is not a medical issue.  She knew before she came to try out that she would have a problem with weight.  I have a hard time understanding how she and her mom did not come up with a plan to get her into DCC shape if that’s what she really wanted.  You knew for at least a year that you wanted to try out.  You knew for at least a year that you may have an issue with weight.  Your Mom is best friends with the director of DCC and I’m sure she and Kelli have talked about weight requirements and the problems TCCs have with maintaining weight.  You’ve seen the show I’m sure.  How did you not set up a plan to lose the weight in a responsible way and if that plan didn’t work, go see a nutritionist or something to adjust your meal plans and workouts.  There is NO WAY you should have come to tryouts as out of shape as you were.  Looks to me like VK has no discipline to stick to a meal plan or exercise plan or something to maintain a DCC figure.  I mean damn, I just watch the show but I know that if I wanted to try out next year, that I need to get my body in DCC shape.  You are right there in the DCC world where you see how tiny they are and you still were not ready?  That’s on you!  Not your Mom or Kelli or IHops.  However, after saying that, your Mom should have stressed over and over again how important it was for you to get yourself in DCC shape.  You had time and the resources.  No excuse.

The other thing that bothers me is if Kelli and Kitty are going to go through so much to show us that VK is so ready (per Kitty), and she’s been taking classes at Kitty’s, I’m sure has probably seen Kelli at some time in the last year, why no one told her BEFORE even trying out that she needs to get her body DCC ready!   Do not tell me that you are so blind to her awesomeness that you could not see her weight being a problem.  Since you all love her so much, you should have loved her enough to tell her to get to work on that figure.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Ok. My opinion isn’t going to be popular. 

I dont think VK should have been cut tonight. Has she gained 11lbs? Yes. Should she know better? Yes. But the fact that Kelli and Judy didn’t bring it up until tonight allowed her to be comfortable with the weight gain, get complacent, and believe it was something that could be overlooked. To call her attention to it and cut her at the very same time would have been unfair. At least give her a week to make a change and see if the scales change at all. If it doesn’t, absolutely...cut her the next week. I do agree that she comes across as immature and CMT is shoving her down our throats. But I feel sorry for her. I doubt she asked for that. She’s chasing a dream that she desperately wants, the dream to be a DCC. I highly doubt she dreamt of being scrutinized by so many people. 

I want to go back and rewatch, but I interpreted Kelli’s comments to Kitty differently than everyone else. Kelli said something to the effect of the board showing her that at that moment Dayton wasn’t ready and Victoria wasn’t ready. Kitty responded that Victoria was. To me, it seemed as though Kelli was challenging her when she said that Victoria was up 11lbs since auditions. Again, my interpretation, doesn’t mean it’s right. I may watch again tomorrow and feel differently. 

Dayton absolutely broke my heart. Judy crying pushed me over the edge. It was obvious Kelli had been crying as well. I truly think it was a difficult cut for them, whether we think it was fair or not. Cheryl hugging Dayton, not just when she came out of the office, but also as she was gathering her stuff was really touching to me. It’s easy to see the perceived advantage (or disadvantage?) Dayton and Victoria has, but the compassion coming from Cheryl, to me, showed more of the “we are family, have known her since birth, we love her” human side of this process. 

I’m still a Kelli fan. I think she has a tough job. I don’t always agree with her, and I think she knows she sometimes makes mistakes (we are all human). We are close in age, and I can relate to her. I see the business/director side in her, but I also see the “mother” side when dealing with these young women. I have a similar sense of humor as Kelli and think she’d be a ball to hang out with. I think the girls on the team seem to respect her and enjoy her when she isn’t all down to business. I wouldn’t want to be in her position, that’s for sure. 

I’m definitely not an insider, don’t know any of these people at all. But I have empathy for everyone involved. 

Except she had been told more than once that she waas looking soft and needed to drop weight, and instead she gains even more.  11 pounds is a LOT to gain in a short period of time. heck, on someone that probaby weights about 110-120 at most(if that), its 10% of her body weight. that's a LOT to gain in a short period of time. a lot, period.   I've been on a diet recently and 11 pound weight loss was so noticeable it's insane. it's nearly a stone.  after the terrible Cowboy Fit plug and the nutritionist and likely being told at audtions she was soft (or hearing it from her mother because she did NOT seem surprised to hear it in the office) to keep gaining weight. not acceptable. my old coach would have lost her freaking mind. I would have been widel and routinely humiliated out on the ice in front of everyone if I'd packed on that much weight, esp after being told to lose.  genuinely, what has she been eating/what time has she been eating, to gain that much weight so fast? esp as a teenager? from a health standpoint, its really not a good thing for her heart or her body.   the bias tonight was insane.  Holly gained a few pounds in her TC and/or struggled to lose a few and she was under serious risk of being cut for it.. VK gains nearly a stone and she's safe? noooo

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

My thoughts exactly...”oh look, they are calling me in”.  In my opinion, the weight gain seems to be emotional eating for that much of a gain so quickly.    Anyone who is trying to watch their weight, once you start to eat off your plan, stop and find out what just happened beforehand.  This can be a real eye opener about what the cause is.  Once the trigger is found,   put a plan in place to avoid the fridge or restaurant.  

Good idea, never thought of that!  My husband tells me I suck at snacks and junk food.  I tell him I love certain things like cheesecake (plain NY, thank you), shortbread cookies and ice cream.  I suck because I don’t buy a lot of that so that it does not come into my house.  Therefore, even if I want some, it’s not there.  If it were in the house all of the time, I’d eat it all of the time.

• Love 3
Just now, VintageJ said:

Good idea, never thought of that!  My husband tells me I suck at snacks and junk food.  I tell him I love certain things like cheesecake (plain NY, thank you), shortbread cookies and ice cream.  I suck because I don’t buy a lot of that so that it does not come into my house.  Therefore, even if I want some, it’s not there.  If it were in the house all of the time, I’d eat it all of the time.

Me too! I have to not buy anything I relly want to eat because if it's here, or worse open I will eaet it all.  Im weird - I can eat none and be fine, I havent eaten chocolate in 10 years, I have coeliac disease so had to give up bread and cakes and all form of yumminess and Im fine.  but dang, if a packet of crisps is open, or back when I ate chocolate, if the pack was open, you knew I was eating the whole thing.  I wish I was someone that could have a little and put the rest away but Im not.  So I have the discipline not to have it at all.  If this is all VK wants, if shes serious about being DCC she either needs to learn some discipline or give up. sounds harsh, but she'll never maintain the weight required of her by DCC if she can't curb that sort of behaviour.  I've had to do it recently on a diet - no eating anything after dinner, no late food, no snacks beyond veggie slices or fruit. can it be hard at first? sure.  do i want to lose the weight and be healthier and more confident more than I want toast? 99% of the time.  doesn't mean you can't have cheat days, doesn't mean you havve to give up everything, but if you can't stop snacking on a certain item, don't bring it into the house.  learn new comfort methods that don't involve food, or involve a healthier food.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

Not to be on VK's team or anything, but I would be offended if Jinelle was my weight loss mentor! As if she's ever had to lose weight!

I think they picked Jinelle because she has really healthy eating habits.  IIRC, she was one who gained when she first came to the US because of fast foods and had to readjust her shopping and meals to get back to her original weight. It was either her or Angela but I think it was Jinelle.

• Love 5

My suspicion is that the tryout weight for VK was after dieting, but she didn't do anything to tighten up.    Then once she got in training camp, she went back to her previous eating, and when she gained back it wasn't all over, but midsection.     So 11 pounds added on some excess tummy and butt really shows.     

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Me too! I have to not buy anything I relly want to eat because if it's here, or worse open I will eaet it all.  Im weird - I can eat none and be fine, I havent eaten chocolate in 10 years, I have coeliac disease so had to give up bread and cakes and all form of yumminess and Im fine.  but dang, if a packet of crisps is open, or back when I ate chocolate, if the pack was open, you knew I was eating the whole thing.  I wish I was someone that could have a little and put the rest away but Im not.  So I have the discipline not to have it at all.  If this is all VK wants, if shes serious about being DCC she either needs to learn some discipline or give up. sounds harsh, but she'll never maintain the weight required of her by DCC if she can't curb that sort of behaviour.  I've had to do it recently on a diet - no eating anything after dinner, no late food, no snacks beyond veggie slices or fruit. can it be hard at first? sure.  do i want to lose the weight and be healthier and more confident more than I want toast? 99% of the time.  doesn't mean you can't have cheat days, doesn't mean you havve to give up everything, but if you can't stop snacking on a certain item, don't bring it into the house.  learn new comfort methods that don't involve food, or involve a healthier food.

Yeah.  I’m lucky because I grew up eating lots of fresh veggies and fresh fish and LOVE them!  So I’m very happy eating fruit and veggies for snacks and prefer them to sweets.  I’m not a big fan of chocolate or sweets for that matter except for the few mentioned earlier.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I think they picked Jinelle because she has really healthy eating habits.  IIRC, she was one who gained when she first came to the US because of fast foods and had to readjust her shopping and meals to get back to her original weight. It was either her or Angela but I think it was Jinelle.

Angela was the one who gained weight after her rookie year due to all the fast food in America lol  Jinelle has always been thin BUT in her defense, she really IS a very healthy person.  She work outs a lot and eats VERY clean.  I think she'd be a good person for Victoria to work with because she could at least give her tips on what nutrient dense foods to focus on to be eating ENOUGH (not crash dieting) and have energy to perform.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Bottom line is Dayton couldn't perform the dances. She had some nice facials but she couldn't pull off the rest of it. It was sad but it wasn't that surprising. I though the sobbing was melodramatic. She's a very, very young 21 and has a lot of maturing to do. 

Dayton is 21 ??!!??  I thought both she and VK were 18-19...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Angela was the one who gained weight after her rookie year due to all the fast food in America lol  Jinelle has always been thin BUT in her defense, she really IS a very healthy person.  She work outs a lot and eats VERY clean.  I think she'd be a good person for Victoria to work with because she could at least give her tips on what nutrient dense foods to focus on to be eating ENOUGH (not crash dieting) and have energy to perform.  

yup, so important to lose the weight heathily and in a sustained way. not eating or severly restricting just backfires and youll feel like hell. you can still be eating a lot, feeling full, and getting good nutrition, while causing a calorific defecit such that you lose weight. its astonishing to me how much I eat right now, but because it's all super healthy, super clean and veggie based, even though my belly is full, its full of very low calorie foods, so Im sstill losing weight and have the energy to do what i need

• Love 4
9 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Ok. My opinion isn’t going to be popular. 

I dont think VK should have been cut tonight. Has she gained 11lbs? Yes. Should she know better? Yes. But the fact that Kelli and Judy didn’t bring it up until tonight allowed her to be comfortable with the weight gain, get complacent, and believe it was something that could be overlooked. To call her attention to it and cut her at the very same time would have been unfair. At least give her a week to make a change and see if the scales change at all. If it doesn’t, absolutely...cut her the next week. I do agree that she comes across as immature and CMT is shoving her down our throats. But I feel sorry for her. I doubt she asked for that. She’s chasing a dream that she desperately wants, the dream to be a DCC. I highly doubt she dreamt of being scrutinized by so many people. 

I want to go back and rewatch, but I interpreted Kelli’s comments to Kitty differently than everyone else. Kelli said something to the effect of the board showing her that at that moment Dayton wasn’t ready and Victoria wasn’t ready. Kitty responded that Victoria was. To me, it seemed as though Kelli was challenging her when she said that Victoria was up 11lbs since auditions. Again, my interpretation, doesn’t mean it’s right. I may watch again tomorrow and feel differently. 

Dayton absolutely broke my heart. Judy crying pushed me over the edge. It was obvious Kelli had been crying as well. I truly think it was a difficult cut for them, whether we think it was fair or not. Cheryl hugging Dayton, not just when she came out of the office, but also as she was gathering her stuff was really touching to me. It’s easy to see the perceived advantage (or disadvantage?) Dayton and Victoria has, but the compassion coming from Cheryl, to me, showed more of the “we are family, have known her since birth, we love her” human side of this process. 

I’m still a Kelli fan. I think she has a tough job. I don’t always agree with her, and I think she knows she sometimes makes mistakes (we are all human). We are close in age, and I can relate to her. I see the business/director side in her, but I also see the “mother” side when dealing with these young women. I have a similar sense of humor as Kelli and think she’d be a ball to hang out with. I think the girls on the team seem to respect her and enjoy her when she isn’t all down to business. I wouldn’t want to be in her position, that’s for sure. 

I’m definitely not an insider, don’t know any of these people at all. But I have empathy for everyone involved. 

In Season 3, Katie S. was cut because she was bottom heavy. She was given less time than Victoria to tone up. Megan in Season 9 was told she was not in the best shape and was cut not too long after she was told. Victoria admitted she had a weight issue in the first episode, and she probably knew she was putting on weight after TC started. She knew sooner or later her weight would be brought up. If she did not want to be embarrassed on national television, she should not have tried out and work on better eating habits and seeing if she has a possible health issue affecting her weight. If she was with the program since she was 10 years old, she would have know about being scrutinized by others.

I feel bad for Dayton, but I am so glad she has move to something much better than the precious DCC Organization. Take that Kelli, Charlotte and Miss Kitty.

And what was with the power of the star crap. They really need to stop using the show for promoting the star so darn much. I do not think the senior citizens were impressed with the girls.

12 hours ago, DCCme said:

Her heartbreak was so 100% real I bawled right along with her.

Me too!  And I am not a TV crier (well, except for that dog food commercial where the man with a prosthetic leg adopts an older pup who has been through a lot).

Kitty has lost her sass somewhere along the way.  And WHY should Kelli show VK respect about her weight?  I have never heard that, ever, on this show.

I was kind of hoping Kelli and Judy would join in the line dancing!  I'd love to see those two on the dance floor!

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Malena needs to GO. So does Kristin. I am tired of both of them. Malena works my last nerve. It is always the same issues with her.

Kristin came across as very aloof in this episode. That did not work in her favor.

I feel like Dayton's cut was handled with professionalism and dignity. Dayton was upset, but she had a mature attitude about it. 

I agree.  I’m over Malena.  I mean, she’s a cute girl with a unique look but you can tell she doesn’t have confidence and she’s totally in her own head.  She does always say the same thing, and it’s starting to sound like BLA BLA BLA to me.

Kristin’s under eye bags and seeming low energy bother me.  

I also agree that Dayton’s  cut was handled with professionalism.  It’s even harder if Kelli coddles and says “I’m so sorry Honey!  You’re going to make it next time and you know we love you so much like a daughter!”  Kelli is the director and cut her like a director.  I disagree with those who said Kelli was cold and heartless.  

Edited by ReneeK
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I had this on in the background while I was getting ready this morning and unfortunately was just putting my eye make up on when Rachel was getting choked up at the senior residence.  It hit home for me and I hate to admit I started crying too.  Rachel has already been a day 1 favorite for me along with Jalyn and this just made me like her more.  My grandparents are home with the Lord, too, girl! All the feels <3  On that note, I actually liked the whole bit at the senior home.  I've spent a lot of time in places like that and honestly... I think the residents probably loved it, even if they weren't all clapping along and waving pom poms.  Any attention and entertainment is a blessing for them and I thought it was a great thing for the girls to do. I guess I didn't think it was 'inappropriate' since they weren't in their actual uniforms and the routine was pretty standard. I had to keep reminding myself though that it was all rookies performing, they looked THAT good.  The girls who made SG are seriously vet level.   

Senior citizens homes are on fixed budget for entertainment and are often searching for different entertainment at low or no cost.  My daughter danced for a high level Irish Dance troupe (age group and high school) and they always were received at senior citizens homes with great appreciation.  And the TC are clearly higher level than that... they looked great!

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Senior citizens homes are on fixed budget for entertainment and are often searching for different entertainment at low or no cost.  My daughter danced for a high level Irish Dance troupe (age group and high school) and they always were received at senior citizens homes with great appreciation.  And the TC are clearly higher level than that... they looked great!

Same for HS/college musicians. The facilities are great places to do a run though of recital / audition pieces.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

She's a very, very young 21 and has a lot of maturing to do. 

I agree.  I get the feeling that Dayton is about somewhere between 16-18 maturity-wise.  And her frowny, sad faces.... Her face literally smiles upsidown.  She’s very cute, but in a sad doll sort of way.

Edited by ReneeK
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

My take on last nights show

Malena should have been cut last night not Dayton  She should have been given more time like they did for Brianna  ... I know Kelli likes Malena but she was a mess last night with Nick's choreography 

Dayton ... I love her and I just think she needs a little more time ... I think when the cameras are not on she does fine and when they are on and Judy and Kelli are watching her brain freezes ...nothing a couple of years cant fix ... I really hope she comes back

Tara - What the heck??? Body wise you cant tell the weight gain but her face is so bloated makes me wonder if she is taking meds for something ...

VK - I know its an unpopular position ... but I like Victoria ... she is just very out going and bubbly ... and young people young! Give the girl a break.  Now that being said she knows the standard and she even said at the beginning she has trouble like her mom holding the weight down ... those of you that dont have that problem probably cant relate .... I also wish they had not tried to be so polite and let it get to 11 lbs ...my guess its also stress eating ..

The cut - I felt so bad they had to break Dayton's heart and know it would break her mom's heart too :-(

Kashara - Ouch!  When she slipped I couldn't help but wonder if she slipped on a wet floor .. Nick had them rolling around on the floor and all that sweat must have made the floor slippery ... poor thing ... you could see the panic in her eyes when she was saying she was gonna be alright

Brianna - YAY!!! I am from Nashville TN and love that she is doing so well in training camp :-)

Kelli - She looked great in the navy blue dress!

Gosh we think alike!  Except you didn't say GO BRENNAN. 

I was afraid of commenting on how great Kelli is looking.  She should have been VK's weight coach.

• Love 6

It used to be refreshing to have Kitty come in there and point out to Judy and Kelli where they have not held the line.  Now Kitty is insisting they remove the line....I guess she's thinking about her own dance studio and her own reputation rather than DCC (I can deliver, I fight for my students)

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 6