Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Here Comes Kitty

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Teresa said:

OMG! Dayton's cut and her heartbreak just killed me! I cried with her. Kelli looked almost cold about it at first. I guarantee Kelli would be bawling hysterically if she was cutting Victoria instead. GRRR! She and Kitty pissed me off so much tonight in their over defense of VK's 11 LB weight gain in just a few weeks! I can't believe it! When Kelli talked about Tara's 10LB weight gain since last season, I almost threw something at the TV. If they cut Tara for weight gain and not VK, I am done! 

Yes! And Tara's body didn't look that much different for 10 pounds. Victoria's is beyond obvious. Also it looked like Tara had flat abs when they were talking about her and flashing back. But I guess that could have been her spray tan, like Kelli said last week she thought some of the girls' abs might be painted on or whatever. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Ninamags said:

Nick is fun!  I like him a lot.

i also cried right along with Dayton.  I hope she does come back and make the team.  

Did Judy also cry or was she trying to keep it together and not cry?   

Why didn't they teach them The Cotton Eyed Joe?  That's fun to do. And much easier. ?

You can see that Judy has a tear  and she just now tweeted that she cried again just now watching the show.  

• Love 14

Kitty looked like she’s lost weight.   When they were talking in the office about who to keep and not keep it was sometimes hard to tell if they were talking positive or negative about a certain girl. 

VK weight issues can’t be ignored.  It’s a shame cause I really like her.

So Dayton was cut cause she couldn’t remember the dances, correct?   Kind of thought that was Melana’s issue, but I think Nick loving her saved her.   It’s usually very hard to fix when someone just can’t remember choreography though.  

• Love 5

Kitty and Kelli need to Check Themselves. Boo Hiss...Kelli had replied to someone on her twitter about her favoritism, to which she did not agree. (really?) This is absolute CRAP. and Kitty, what is with the comment  Give Victoria The RESPECT? how about giving the other women the respect they deserve? 

Did Malena outshine Dayton? I think not.

It's like EVERY guest choreographer is told they have to compliment Victoria, ignore or compliment Malena and find a scapegoat...poor Dayton.

as a sidebar...what was with the attitude comments thrown around at DCC tonight? Kitty better put some facts in there, or at least clarify, otherwise, Kitty is just talking about herself and Kelli.Mean Girls, hypocrisy, nepotism rules the airwaves tonight.And they could have shown a bit more respect to Tara...get that girl a thyroid panel. I remember seeing pics of Tara when she danced for New York...she is closer to her normal weight this year, did not look heavy tonight, just looked anorexic last year. 

What a freakin mess...Kelli really needs o be called into charlotte's office. Judy showed a lot more class, and integrity tonight. Judy has been quiet this year for a reason, she is watching the DCC BRAND being thrown right under the bus by Kitty and Kelli. Must have been eating her up sitting in the rooms having to listen to them all talk smack about the ladies. 

Blech.

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Kind of thought that was Melana’s issue, but I think Nick loving her saved her.   It’s usually very hard to fix when someone just can’t remember choreography though.  

Yes, I think the female choreo Denise also liked her.  Both felt she could be stronger in her movements.  I have been a Melena fan but not certain she can keep up with the pace...I think it is hard to find the power of you have memory issues.

• Love 6

You are right Mardo 2044, Kitty did not like Tara's look last year. Yet Kitty can disrespect the viewers with her hair and Halloween colors, and not being "field ready' in her sweats and mid section. (trust me, I am not light as a feather, but I also don't get my jollies mocking the DCC weight/facial beauty on TV.

just plain mean

• Love 18
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Kristin certainly doesn't look very interested in the field trip, and Kelli noticed, not a smart move on Kristin's part.    

Reminded me of the Megan Flarety (I probably spelled that wrong) episode when she didn’t participate to their liking. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Reminded me of the Megan Flarety (I probably spelled that wrong) episode when she didn’t participate to their liking. 

I hate when they judge them on things like that.  Perhaps whatever they picked as the activity wasn’t something they enjoy.   Just shows how much they want the girls to be fake even when it’s something just among their team.  

27 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Bad Kitty! Bad Kelli! Judy Speak!

Did Nick ask for more time for Dayton?

When she knew the dance, she lit up.

I just love Nick. He is so much fun and has some great feedback. 

It was very confusing who Nick liked and didn’t like - everything was so cut up I don’t know if he thought the girls he was talking about were the best or the worst.  It was strange.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 7

It's hilarious that Judy thinks, and says, that they're still super-strict about weight when girls have been CUT, both rookie candidates and vets for weight gain.  Usually, rookie candidates aren't taken into Training Camp when they're as soft as Victoria was and then to let her slide when she GAINS 11 pounds, not only slide but gets extra time to lose it?  Rookie candidates get cut while Veterans get a warning shot across the bow, then booted when they gain 5-8 pounds.  I think one girl (Selena?) had a 14 pound weight gain from one year to the next and ended up cut, yet Victoria gets to stay around and be not only soft, but allowed to gain weight with few to no repercussions.   If Judy, Kelli and Kitty are SUPER-strict with everyone else and lenient with Victoria regarding weight, I could see how there would be resentment towards both Victoria and TPTB.  If TPTB are surprised by that, they're either blind, idiots, or both.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

I lost all respect tonight for Kelli and Kitty. I was literally watching that round table discussion with my mouth open. Utter disgust. 

I never saw such disrespect in any cut, so undeserving. Shame on you Kelli. 

I’ll go back and re-watch it, but what exactly was disrespectful about Kelli’s cut?

She said that Dayton isn’t ready.  And she’s not.    

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Teresa said:

I agreed with Nick that Dayton lights up with her smile. She's freaking GORGEOUS!

Yeah it’s like they didn’t take anything Nick said to heart. He thought Dayton shouldn’t have been cut tonight. Also what was up with Kelli telling Tara she needed to be noticed by the next choreographer?? Nick Flores was the guest choreographer and he said he liked Tara, thought she was cute, and defended her from Kitty’s petty remarks. 

27 minutes ago, Monique said:

I'm not much of a crier but damn Dayton's sobs after she left the office had me falling out. Also after tonight's episode, I think it's time to go out with the old and in with the new. Kelli needs to go, Judy needs to speak up or gtfo, and Kitty shouldn't return unless she gets a new pair of glasses or some sense knocked into her. This season is utter BS.

Tried to keep tapping the like button a hundred times. . Lol. 

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

So Judy was the scapegoat for the live tweeting per CMT and I just saw these gems...my eyes only roll back so far. 

judy.JPG

judy2.JPG

How does someone gain 11 lbs in one summer unless she’s in her 2nd trimester?

• Love 12

I keep seeing comments about Kelli, Judy, Kitty, etc need to be replaced. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but what I want to know is who is going to be the one to replace them, when Charlotte and the Jones family basically thinks the same exact way Kelli does. Maybe worse about picking and choosing who you want based on who they know and plain favoritism, instead of fairness. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Just for the record, in her very first office visit she was told to tone up her tummy because it had been called out at auditions. She was warned. Maybe Kelli has short term memory loss or wanted it to be edited so she didn't look bad for ignoring it, but VK was told and ignored it. 

You’re right. It was mentioned during her first visit. But it was mentioned in a totally different way than tonight. That was THE discussion with her tonight. Before it was “some judges thought your tummy was soft”. Tonight it was a “you’re in danger of being cut if you don’t take care of it.” It was a wake up call. And we don’t know that she “ignored it”. I’m small. I’ve been a dancer my entire life. I was blessed with good genes. But I’ve certainly had weight creep up on me before and don’t even realize it until my jeans feel a little snug and I realize I’ve had a dessert or 2 too many. My point is - it can happen and we don’t even realize it’s happening until it is there. And as we all know, taking it back off is 100 times harder than gaining it!

I’m really not trying to defend her. I just don’t think she should have been cut without having a chance to correct herself after hearing the seriousness of it tonight. As I said, if in one week you know she isn’t taking it serious, then she’s out of chances and can go home. But give her that week. She should be down at least 2-3lbs if she’s taking it seriously. 

• Love 2

I have so many thoughts/emotions on VK, Dayton & Tara this episode but I don’t even know where to start at the moment. Emotional episode for sure.

In the meantime, does anyone have any opinions/insider info on Kitty’s points about: 1) Madeline’s supposed attitude, 2) Other attitude problems on the team, 3) Miranda’s 70s hair?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Lmr29 said:

Well Miranda is technically known as the “grandma” of the team because of her personality .. many of the girls had mentioned that. - insider 

Really? Well I do think she has two completely different looks sometimes, sometimes looking younger, other times older. Never heard about the randma thing of personality though. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I keep seeing comments about Kelli, Judy, Kitty, etc need to be replaced. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but what I want to know is who is going to be the one to replace them, when Charlotte and the Jones family basically thinks the same exact way Kelli does. Maybe worse about picking and choosing who you want based on who they know and plain favoritism, instead of fairness. 

Agreed - they can do as they like - it takes the fun out of watching though. I don’t need to see grown women playing games and pretending to choose people on merit. The result is simply that we stop watching and caring about what they do - it’s a waste of time.

Perhaps CMT are preparing to end the show’s run?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Tara is one of my favorites...I don't think Kitty was ever a fan so that doesn't help.  I think yes she gained and her face is fuller.  :(   I hope she can get it together and get the mojo back!

Kitty has it in for Tara, not letting Nick Flores even speak about why he liked her.  I Just rewatched, and it seems like she barely has any time between a full time job and practice to even rinse off spray tan. of COURSE  those that work full time in a non forgiving full time job (teachers may have off summers) will be exhausted during TC. And I also noticed many of them looked not so put together by the end of the class, probably the 40 hr job girls.  Personally, I think she still looks great. She was very thin last year. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ReneeK said:

How does someone gain 11 lbs in one summer unless she’s in her 2nd trimester?

Deleted. It wasn't shown in the show and may not be. So thinking it could be considered a spoiler.

Edited by LisaWl7TR

The other thing that I want to say is that I HATE Kelli’s recap at the end of each episode. It was introduced two or three seasons ago and I just find it unnecessary. It’s just more Kelli, which we don’t need...especially tonight’s recap. 

• Love 9

Some of those senior citizens looked like they could not have cared less about the girls performing. They just sat there like, "Whatever." Rockette lady was so cute! I liked bull whip lady as well. :)

Malena needs to GO. So does Kristin. I am tired of both of them. Malena works my last nerve. It is always the same issues with her. Yes, we know she is really trying. Yes, the guest choreos like her and think she is beautiful. Enough already. Kristin came across as very aloof in this episode. That did not work in her favor.

I feel like Dayton's cut was handled with professionalism and dignity. Dayton was upset, but she had a mature attitude about it. WOW I want to see her come back with bells on next year. :)  You GO, Dayton!! :)

Nick was allovertheplace this episode. He needs Ritalin. A little disappointed in Kitty. She calls out the fat asses and did not do so this time around. I hated hated how she made excuses for VK. If it was any other girl, she would have said,  "you have got rolls and you're totally s****** when you dance." Kelli would have cut them that night based on that alone. 

Poor Tara. They were fishing for a vet to pick on and she got caught in the net.

This season sucks, so far. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, ReneeK said:

I’ll go back and re-watch it, but what exactly was disrespectful about Kelli’s cut?

It was that Kelli was cold and heartless in her speech to Dayton on why she was cut. VK wasn’t ready and had weight issues but she didn’t get cut. VK has been in the office every week and one recent trip for Dayton and she gets cut. And no “auntie” sympathy for Dayton like they have been all season for VK. 

I can’t look at this show any more when they say they pick the “best of the best”.  

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 4

Kudos to Vudu having the episode up already!

I knew this was the Dayton cut and I still cried. This is a tough year, no doubt. They are struggling to find people to bring in the office, let alone cut. I thought Kitty was super subdued, I was surprised they didn’t do turns and kicks across the studio like they normally do when Kitty comes. 

Tara is puzzling to me. Last week she looked heavy and this week her stomach looked great. Maddie looks heavy in the waist to me, too. 

Judy is being so quiet this year, I think now that Dayton is gone, maybe she’ll return to normal, I think she’s really struggled with having Dayton in camp. She could barely keep it together tonight. 

• Love 3

Malena - stop boo-hooing over quitting your "dream" job. Dream jobs/positions change as you progress in your career, baby girl. You made a decision, so let it go and polish up your resume, highlighting your credentials, education and experience for the next. Every college football program needs at least one director/VP over football recruiting operations. Maybe your skill-set can be utilized in college basketball/baseball/soccer - really just depends upon the college.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yes! And Tara's body didn't look that much different for 10 pounds. Victoria's is beyond obvious. Also it looked like Tara had flat abs when they were talking about her and flashing back. But I guess that could have been her spray tan, like Kelli said last week she thought some of the girls' abs might be painted on or whatever. 

Are Tara's roots supposed to be that dark? To me the length was just one hair issue...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, ReneeK said:

The point is Dayton should get more time. She can get there. She’s so obviously not the weakest link on the team.

• Love 10

Bridget - I feel like we didn't get the whole story... You love dance (hence the Charger stint) and are a great dancer. You liked the dance team at ASU, which you made as a freshman (IE alot of time and $$ spent during k-12 yrs). You were working two jobs and a bio major. So, you changed everything to go back to CA ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

Wow...

Kitty sure took her bitch pills that day didn’t she?

Another poster mentioned this moment - and I loved it: Kelli looked to Judy for support during Dayton’s cut and Judy just stared at her. Lol. The devil’s work is on you Kelli.

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I seriously can not believe they will sit and have a discussion about mid sections and weight and not address KaShara. The blinders they have for that girl are insane.

i think Kitty is what she is. A studio owner on the Dallas scene that makes her living sniffing out people like VK that she can sucker into spending money. A huge part of her business plan is “Insult dancers into thinking they can not make DCC without spending tons of money at my studio”.  If she was THAT good, Dallas would not be her end game. She’s Dallas good. Just like these girls are Dallas good dancers or Dallas 

Kitty sells her personal star power and access. There's a difference between letting a customer know you'll make her into a good dancer, and letting her know you have a seat at the judges table. That's not something she'd have in LA or BY.

Nepotism and favoritism exist everywhere. They're awful BOTH because they give unfair advantages to undeserving applicants AND because no owner or manager wants to believe they're being unfair. Any hint of unfairness, ownership takes out on the whistleblower.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, sATL said:

Bridget - I feel like we didn't get the whole story... You love dance (hence the Charger stint) and are a great dancer. You liked the dance team at ASU, which you made as a freshman. You were working two jobs and a bio major. So, you changed everything to go back to CA ?

Isn’t she the one with 6 siblings?  Some people don’t do well away from home, miss their family and go back home.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Isn’t she the one with 6 siblings?  Some people don’t do well away from home, miss their family and go back home.  

Yeah, it seemed like she felt overwhelmed and missed the comfort and support of her family. It wasn't clear to me if she transferred to another school in San Diego or just took a break from school to cheer for the Chargers. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I guess I was expecting her to stay that, or something, - I realized I missed my family, my parents needed be back at home, I got homesick. she appeared to be the oldest in the family. Is Orange County, CA, Rams or Chargers territory ? I get confused when one area has 2 major teams going on..

• Love 1
Just now, sATL said:

I guess I was expecting her to stay that, or something, - I realized I missed my family, my parents needed be back at home, I got homesick. she appeared to be the oldest in the family. Is Orange County, CA, Rams or Chargers territory ? I get confused when one area has 2 major teams going on..

I was expecting her to say something along those lines myself.  Teams change so much in the league now that I can’t remember honestly and I am a big football fan.

7 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Yeah it’s like they didn’t take anything Nick said to heart. He thought Dayton shouldn’t have been cut tonight. Also what was up with Kelli telling Tara she needed to be noticed by the next choreographer?? Nick Flores was the guest choreographer and he said he liked Tara, thought she was cute, and defended her from Kitty’s petty remarks. 

Tried to keep tapping the like button a hundred times. . Lol. 

Her hair color seemed off and length, so I get it.  Nick said the hair "can be fixed".   And he is right.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 6