Type keyword(s) to search

Magnum P.I. (2018) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What was the cat doing at the FBI safehouse? Was the owner one of those cat fanatics that has to drag his cat everywhere, even to work? Seems unprofessional and a major security risk considering that anyone could have tracked the cat to the safehouse via the chip. Speaking of the chip, Magnum seriously didn’t know about implanting chips in pets? And he was struggling to pick the lock on the door. Is Magnum supposed to be an incompetent P.I. on this show? I guess that would explain his lack of paying clients.

5 hours ago, kathara said:

Navi Rawat played Amita on  Numb3rs - that’s where I know her from ?

She looked really familiar to me too but none of her roles on IMDB are jumping out at me. I THINK I know her from The OC

3 hours ago, Rambler said:

What was the cat doing at the FBI safehouse? Was the owner one of those cat fanatics that has to drag his cat everywhere, even to work? Seems unprofessional and a major security risk considering that anyone could have tracked the cat to the safehouse via the chip. Speaking of the chip, Magnum seriously didn’t know about implanting chips in pets? And he was struggling to pick the lock on the door. Is Magnum supposed to be an incompetent P.I. on this show? I guess that would explain his lack of paying clients.

Well inexperienced at least. two years ago he was in a POW camp for 18 months and before that presumably doing SEAL gunfighter stuff not learning the investigator craft or watching TV detectives and picking up pointers.  Whereas  the original Magnum was working in Naval Intelligence and his SEAL stuff was 10 years before that. , 

Replying about the micro chip and tracking the cat - micro chips only give information about name of owner and/or address and name of vet clinic that implanted the chip.  They do not have GPS tracking capability.  My 2 cats are micro chipped, but the only information on their chip is the name of the vet clinic and the name of the company that keeps the chip active and has the owner contact information.  You have to pay a small yearly fee to keep the chip active.  If the fee is not paid, after that the only info that can be obtained from the chip is the name of the vet clinic where the implant was done. 

I also wondered why the cat was at the safe house, since it belonged to the FBI agent who lived elsewhere.  Maybe he brought it to the safe house to keep the informant company - ha, ha.  

Looks like next week we get to see the debut of the Hawaiian shirt in Magnum's wardrobe.     

• Love 1
On 11/6/2018 at 9:36 AM, Gregg247 said:

4. I'm glad they added Agent Cho from The Mentalist to the show, but his idea of looking for the rogue FBI agent/murderer alone was stupid.  At least bring some uniforms as back-up; he didn't have to tell them who he was after, just that there was an armed and dangerous killer on the loose; details to follow.

I'm starting to like Higgins a little better now; she's not the focus of every episode anymore.

Sounds like something out of 5-0's playbook. They have a team and immunity after all.

AS a dog person, the way Higgins keeps traumatizing those dogs by encouraging working security dogs to dislike/attach a person living in their turf is wrong.  Yes, I know it was a joke from the old show, but I still don't like it.  As a cat person, the idea of having a free cat riding around in a convertible is both scary and hilarious.  Max should have totally been struggling to jump out at the lights.

• Love 2

A man dying of lymphoma hires Magnum to find his estranged, bone-marrow-compatible brother who turns out to need Magnum’s help as well. Also, Magnum’s case brings back haunted memories for the guys of a past SEAL team mission that went sideways.

Airs Monday, November 12.

12 hours ago, Raja said:

That was a switch, the SEALs were clean shaven while the aircrew wore beards I wonder how much time the ghost of Nuzo will get and if a doppelganger will show up a la Mac.

Boy, I sure hope not.  I hated the new Mac character on the original and really don't want them to revisit that storyline in this version.

This episode was just OK to me, even though I enjoyed seeing the guys working together.  I really didn't like the flashbacks.  I find it hard to believe that Magnum would disobey a direct order and then for him to not face any consequences seemed very unrealistic.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Raja said:

That was a switch, the SEALs were clean shaven while the aircrew wore beards I wonder how much time the ghost of Nuzo will get and if a doppelganger will show up a la Mac.

1 hour ago, Rose Quartz said:

Boy, I sure hope not.  I hated the new Mac character on the original and really don't want them to revisit that storyline in this version.

This episode was just OK to me, even though I enjoyed seeing the guys working together.  I really didn't like the flashbacks.  I find it hard to believe that Magnum would disobey a direct order and then for him to not face any consequences seemed very unrealistic.

I hope not, as well.  They've spent so much time creating the new Higgins that Rick and TC are background fillers so they don't have room for another character.  They could explore the progress of the suicidal guy but we'll probably never see him again.

I seriously want to call the new duo 'Miggins' since the Magnum character is now comprised of two people.  I figured anyone stepping into Selleck's shoes would be lacking but its like they split the character in half.  I actually don't mind (most of the time) the new Higgins even though she's a MarySue and Rick and TC will always be my favorites.  I keep going back and forth on how I feel about Magnum.

Is it terrible of me to be dreading the upcoming 'who is R' dragged out plot?  I'd rather see Rick and TC clothes shopping together for their spiffy threads. 

As for the actual story this week.......I kept thinking how did they not get prison time for what they did?  Telling Magnum that it would haunt him was punishment enough?  It didn't seem to haunt TC so much.  Regarding the bone marrow donation, I was under the impression just because people are related it didn't automatically make them a match.  Did they bring the wounded brother into the hospital, take him right to surgery, extract his bone marrow while on the table, and insert it into the brother?  Magnum was still wearing the red Hawaiian shirt when he visited them.  The two people I know who have had bone marrow transplants were in isolation before, during, and after the transplants.

• Love 1

Okay, I love this show.  It's my weekly bit of cheesy fun.  But stop with getting the medical stuff all wrong!!!  It drives me crazy when shows do this.  If you're going to feature anything medical, do some basic research first!!  *rant over*

• Love 3
On 10/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, fifiwesfan said:

On 10/18/2018 at 4:05 AM, fifiwesfan said:

Yes, about the choreography.  I thought she was ultimately going to turn out to be some master spy during that fight, as well.  When she didn't I felt bad for him again.

Could you help me.
In E4 what happened? One of the paintings had a master piece underneath it. Did the painter paint without knowing that it was a master piece?  Or did the insider thief do the painting

Edited by Saf
19 minutes ago, Saf said:

Could you help me.
In E4 what happened? One of the paintings had a master piece underneath it. Did the painter paint without knowing that it was a master piece?  Or did the insider thief do the painting

Magnum "guessed" that the person who painted the lady in the blue dress thought they were simply reusing a canvas when they painted over the Rembrandt, not realizing it was, in fact, a Rembrandt.  How the thieves/killers knew the Rembrandt was under there, I'm not sure.  The art appraiser painted forgeries of the stolen paintings so the cops thought they had recovered them.

18 hours ago, fifiwesfan said:

I hope not, as well.  They've spent so much time creating the new Higgins that Rick and TC are background fillers so they don't have room for another character.  They could explore the progress of the suicidal guy but we'll probably never see him again.

I seriously want to call the new duo 'Miggins' since the Magnum character is now comprised of two people.  I figured anyone stepping into Selleck's shoes would be lacking but its like they split the character in half.  I actually don't mind (most of the time) the new Higgins even though she's a MarySue and Rick and TC will always be my favorites.  I keep going back and forth on how I feel about Magnum.

Is it terrible of me to be dreading the upcoming 'who is R' dragged out plot?  I'd rather see Rick and TC clothes shopping together for their spiffy threads. 

As for the actual story this week.......I kept thinking how did they not get prison time for what they did?  Telling Magnum that it would haunt him was punishment enough?  It didn't seem to haunt TC so much.  Regarding the bone marrow donation, I was under the impression just because people are related it didn't automatically make them a match.  Did they bring the wounded brother into the hospital, take him right to surgery, extract his bone marrow while on the table, and insert it into the brother?  Magnum was still wearing the red Hawaiian shirt when he visited them.  The two people I know who have had bone marrow transplants were in isolation before, during, and after the transplants.

I’ll co-sign pretty much everything you said.

I hold the unpopular opinion of much preferring the early seasons of original Magnum that focussed on the Three Musketeers of Magnum, TC, and Rick to the later seasons that emphasized the interactions between Magnum and Higgins and often excluded Rick, and to a lesser extent TC.  I keep hoping that the reboot will capture the feel of those early seasons but they’re not quite there yet.

On the plus side, Zach Knighton and Stephen Hill really play off of each other well, which is why I enjoy their scenes together so much.  I can totally buy that they’re good friends who just enjoy busting each other’s chops.  (The snark of them clothes shopping would be hilarious!)  Individually they work well with Jay Hernandez, but there actually haven’t been that many scenes of the three of them together which is the dynamic I really want to see.

And I agree that Higgins is drifting perilously close to Mary Sue territory.  Have we seen her fail at anything yet except finding her necklace in the most recent episode?

The shirt actually didn’t bother me too much.  I just figured it had become Magnum’s new favorite and that’s why he was wearing it again weeks later when he stopped in to check up on his clients so I hand-waved away any other inconsistencies.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2018 at 1:05 PM, Orbert said:

Speaking of T.C., kinda cool that he was an art history minor, but annoying how the other guys had to razz him about it.  I guess it's because they met and bonded as P.O.W.s, figured they knew about everything there was to know about each other, and then this?  Or because Art History is not a "manly" subject, and these guys are all hardened combat veterans?  A bit of both?

Actually, that was my favorite part of this episode because it felt so much like it came from the original show.  There’s an episode where we find out that TC is a ballet aficionado and both Magnum and Rick laugh at him because it’s so unexpected.  In both cases I just took it as they’re all good friends who are comfortable teasing each other about stuff like that.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:05 PM, Orbert said:

Speaking of T.C., kinda cool that he was an art history minor, but annoying how the other guys had to razz him about it.

Have you met any guys?  Razzing on each other is what they do!  My buddies give me fatigue because my dog can't catch a hare!  Any excuse will do.  

• Love 1

Teasing I get, but it just seemed a bit excessive.  Part of it is because it's a TV show.  We only see the guys together for maybe 20 minutes screen time, and if they spend 10 of those minutes teasing each other about the same thing over and over, it feels like they literally spend half of their time together giving each other shit.  Maybe they do.  I personally would get sick of it.  But whatever; it's the show.

I will say that in my experience, men consider teasing each other or ragging on each other as a form of bonding and a sign of true friendship.  You don't tease people you are not close with.  It is a sign of affection and love despite the actual words being said.

I would say 90% of my interactions with my friends is what we call "ranking" (teasing) on each other's appearances, life choices, family members, etc.  For those in our circle, nothing is off limits and nothing is taboo as long as it is said as a joke.  But we all love each other and would do anything for each other.

The way they are portrayed when joking is WAY more realistic than depictions of guys who have real deep conversations on the reg.  While those do happen occasionally, they are out of the norm and an anomaly as part of their overall interactions. 

• Love 1

I miss the real Higgins. And Magnum 1 on the beach, the Hawaiian shirts tucked into shorts. His guest house and looks. Women swooning. He and his friends hanging out at the bar. The banter.

Sorry for not remembering her name but Higgins friend...the wealthy woman from England.

I miss the dogs.

And all the trouble Magnum seemed to bring on himself  but always got out of it.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Sorry for not remembering her name but Higgins friend...the wealthy woman from England.

Agatha Chumley I don't remember her being particularly wealthy but then Sergeant Major Higgins was in her social class partially in his function as  Robin Masters representative 

• Love 1

Meh.  The way the episode description was written I thought we'd get a lot of Magnum backstory but instead most of the episode was taken up by Magnum and Higgins talking, and driving, and running through the jungle, and tracking down the bad guys.  Although her deadpan "Proceed" when Magnum was trying to get the location of Amanda's mother from the one guy was pretty good.

Best line of the episode:  TC's "Gimme that, pretty boy" when he grabbed the shovel from Rick.

• Love 1
On 11/17/2018 at 8:33 PM, maggiemae said:

I miss the real Higgins. And Magnum 1 on the beach, the Hawaiian shirts tucked into shorts. His guest house and looks. Women swooning. He and his friends hanging out at the bar. The banter.

I miss the dogs.

And all the trouble Magnum seemed to bring on himself  but always got out of it.

Just like I think that Juliet Higgins M16 contacts has replaced Magnum's Naval Intelligence contacts Mac, version 1 and Maggie I think the friend role that was Agatha in the original played has been assumed by Amy

I'm getting tired of the increasing role of Higgins in Thomas' investigations and work.  I guess I'm kind of a 'purist' in that I want the antagonistic relationship between the two to be consistent.  I want more Rick and TC.  I guess I'm grumpy today.

So, to make sure that I include positive comments, I do like the HPD detective that interacts with Magnum, and I (even though I claimed to be a bit of a 'purist') do like Jay in the role.  

• Love 2

Amanda spends a couple of hours with Higgins, and then Higgins shows up at Magnum's door and says, "she's ready to talk now." Pretty sure it takes more than one session of ineptly done yoga to cure PTSD, but okay then.

27 minutes ago, Jaded said:

They should have cast Higgins as an older woman and given her a niece.

They seem to have divided the original Higgins character into the Amy Hill and Perdita Weeks characters. Amy is the real majordomo of the estate and the expert in Hawaiian history and Perdita is the one with the intelligence background. I would have liked it better if Amy was Higgins and then Perdita was ... I don't know, basically who she is now, but with a different name. Maybe she could be Amy's niece or Amy's choice for estate security who gets overruled because of Robin giving Magnum the job.

At the same time, I'm trying not to compare the reboot with the original because, likeable as Jay is, he's no Tom Selleck. Selleck's Magnum had an emotional depth that I don't think we're going to see with Jay, despite all his sad faces about how he had a bad breakup with a girl or whatever all those anvils are supposed to be about. Also if I make the comparison, I have to get mad about the Nuzo character, who in the original was not their buddy, he was a Russian sleeper agent and a major figure in the most iconic episode of the original series. To just ignore that and make him one of their BFFs is annoying. If I just pretend this is a new show and don't think about the old one, then it's enjoyable enough. The scenery is pretty and the acting is decent. Some of the plot points and action sequences are ridiculous (it's Peter Lenkov so no surprise there), but it's an entertaining way to kill an hour.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

They seem to have divided the original Higgins character into the Amy Hill and Perdita Weeks characters. Amy is the real majordomo of the estate and the expert in Hawaiian history and Perdita is the one with the intelligence background. I would have liked it better if Amy was Higgins and then Perdita was ... I don't know, basically who she is now, but with a different name. Maybe she could be Amy's niece or Amy's choice for estate security who gets overruled because of Robin giving Magnum the job.

Having Perdita as head of estate security would have worked too. I wish they would have given her any other role then the one she ended up with. 

• Love 1

Overall I thought this was a decent episode.  At the very least it gave us a lot of the guys interacting and less of Higgins saves the day, so that was a definite plus for me.  It’s still not quite clicking for me though and I’m not sure why.  I think the actors are doing a fine job.  Magnum’s little smirk when he asked Higgins to play his wife was cute, and the whole scene of them acting like a married couple and bamboozling the hotel staff was amusing.  Rick was his usual smart ass self, but had some quieter moments with Toni that really made me believe he cared about her.  TC got in some good snark too when Magnum pulled him into the case.  And I really enjoyed Katsumoto and his deadpan reactions to Magnum and the team, like when he told Magnum he recognized his voice from the tip line and his conversation with Rick about the gun permits.  (I wonder if that’ll become an issue in a later episode the way it did in the original?)

So I think my problem is with the writing.  It just feels clunky to me, like they have certain scenes or outcomes in mind that they absolutely want to include even if the characters have to behave unrealistically to get there.  It still makes no sense to me that the whole armed robbery was just an elaborate ruse to get the safe deposit box key and I can’t believe that Katsumoto would ever agree to basically hijack a ship with a bunch of civilians, even if they did try to lampshade that plot point a little.  Hopefully over the break they’ll have a chance to tighten up the writing some more and come back with stronger stories for next year.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Hard to believe that Jamie Lynn Siegler is now older than Edie Falco was when The Sopranos started.  Man time flies.

Oh I didn’t even realize it was Meadow!  I thought she looked familiar but I didn’t look it up. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2018 at 11:52 AM, Rose Quartz said:

Overall I thought this was a decent episode.  At the very least it gave us a lot of the guys interacting and less of Higgins saves the day, so that was a definite plus for me.  It’s still not quite clicking for me though and I’m not sure why.  I think the actors are doing a fine job.  Magnum’s little smirk when he asked Higgins to play his wife was cute, and the whole scene of them acting like a married couple and bamboozling the hotel staff was amusing.  Rick was his usual smart ass self, but had some quieter moments with Toni that really made me believe he cared about her.  TC got in some good snark too when Magnum pulled him into the case.  And I really enjoyed Katsumoto and his deadpan reactions to Magnum and the team, like when he told Magnum he recognized his voice from the tip line and his conversation with Rick about the gun permits.  (I wonder if that’ll become an issue in a later episode the way it did in the original?)

So I think my problem is with the writing.  It just feels clunky to me, like they have certain scenes or outcomes in mind that they absolutely want to include even if the characters have to behave unrealistically to get there.  It still makes no sense to me that the whole armed robbery was just an elaborate ruse to get the safe deposit box key and I can’t believe that Katsumoto would ever agree to basically hijack a ship with a bunch of civilians, even if they did try to lampshade that plot point a little.  Hopefully over the break they’ll have a chance to tighten up the writing some more and come back with stronger stories for next year.

Agree with all of this especially the comments regarding the writing.  While I love me some more Rick and TC (and less kick-ass Higgins) the episode ultimately left me feeling like it was written just as a way to introduce Icepick (surprisingly enjoyed Corbin Bernsen in the role).  The romance between RIck and Toni fell flat for me.  As much as Rick went on about what good friends they were and how she knows him, I just didn't see it in the little interaction between them - they didn't even kiss except for a goodbye peck on the cheek.  I guess that's why all the descriptions for the episode referred to it as Rick's crush; I also believe that he cared for her but just didn't get ANY attraction vibes from her.  And it wasn't enough for her brother to have 'an illness' but she did too?  Why couldn't it have just been her, needing to pay her own medical bills?  The actual robbery plot based on a guy just happening to post a photo with a keychain holding a key with a small inscription of a number on it - in the background - and another guy who has a beef with the keychain owner just happening to come across this photo at the exact right time is as insane as Magnum spinning a car around as he sped down a winding mountain side road while being shot at.  Was it a one of a kind, custom made keychain?

My sister, who's never seen even one original Magnum, describes this show as mindless enjoyment before going to bed and I'm feeling the same.  I think they have a cast that can work, they just need to give them better stuff to work with to take it from mindless to memorable.

• Love 3
On 12/12/2018 at 7:04 PM, fifiwesfan said:

...The actual robbery plot based on a guy just happening to post a photo with a keychain holding a key with a small inscription of a number on it - in the background - and another guy who has a beef with the keychain owner just happening to come across this photo at the exact right time is as insane as Magnum spinning a car around as he sped down a winding mountain side road while being shot at.  Was it a one of a kind, custom made keychain?

My sister, who's never seen even one original Magnum, describes this show as mindless enjoyment before going to bed and I'm feeling the same.  I think they have a cast that can work, they just need to give them better stuff to work with to take it from mindless to memorable.

I hadn’t really thought about how ridiculous some of the plot points were until you spelled it out, but that’s pretty bad.  I’ll ignore a lot if it gives us more cute scenes like the group hug, but this episode was straining my suspension of disbelief.

I don’t watch Peter Lenkov’s other shows.  Is this the typical quality of writing or are the Magnum writers (hopefully) just getting the kinks out?

I agree about the cast.  Even when I don’t like how the character is written (hi Higgins!) I like the actor’s portrayal, so I’d love to see what they all can do with some better material.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:04 PM, fifiwesfan said:

While I love me some more Rick and TC (and less kick-ass Higgins).....

Honestly?  This is so NOT Magnum Classic, I have no problem with plenty of Kick-ass Higgins.  

Not previously familiar with Perdita Weeks, but frankly, I've come to like her, and I think she plays the part well.  In fact (heresy) I'd have been happy if they'd called the show "Higgins" and given her the leading role with Magnum & his buddies taking a supporting position.  I think such a re-imagining of the show would have been far better than trying (and IMHO failing) to closely recreate the Classic.

• Love 3

Perdita Weeks is the only reason I tune in. I took a fancy to her immediately maybe because she is so like her sister Honeysuckle who was such a charming element of Foyle’s War. Unfortunately the star of this show has little star quality, and the voice overs they give him are pretty routine compared to the original series where they added so much to the episodes imho.

• Love 1

This was probably my favorite episode pf the run so far. In the original I much preferred the relatively serious to the relatively more comic episodes. Still the compressed timeline of 2 years civilians versus 10 and Nuzo being the one to get them in Hawaii doesn't seem to jive with Icepick just happening to be caught and serving time in Hawaii. They added a nod to Rick's illegal weapons, so  now he has something in common with Kamekono, in the expanded Hawaii universe and, a charge just waiting to happen should they redo the Rick in prison story line

• Love 1

Way behind on watching this. I liked the storyline with the brothers but the flashback really annoyed me. So much discussion of Brooks, Brooks, Brooks....and nothing much said about the poor doctor you got killed? Shouldn't they have shown even more serious regret for that consequence? Brooks died as a result of a war injury, but not due directly to Magnum et. al. If I were them, I'd feel more remorse over the poor guy they dragged into their scheme. And no repercussions for either death?

• Love 1

I grew up with the original Magnum PI, and it improved over the years.  But part of the charm was the humor between the guys.

This one is having Magnum needing to be rescued and help way more than I remember and it makes me wonder how is he a good PI?  Lots of explosions and it is growing on me some but the only way I can enjoy it if I didn't think of it as the old show.   But since I was a fan of the old show it still takes me out.  Not loving it but I don't hate it like I thought I would.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:21 AM, biakbiak said:

I also found them treating the POW situation in Afghanistan similarly to the POW situation in Vietnam hugely problematic. There were very few POWs in Afghanistan, they were either rescued or killed fairly shortly after capture and there weren’t kept in camps. 

I had worked with two different types of Vietnam veterans when I was not really old enough to understand how Vietnam Vets were treated.  No one today would understand how much you couldn't talk about the Vietnam war and how the soldiers were treated.  In the mid 80's they finally started opening up about all the issues and people's reactions weren't the same as today.   I guess if you don't really think but just want a shootout each ep, it could work.  Perhaps the new fans will love it more?

On 12/12/2018 at 6:04 PM, fifiwesfan said:

If you think, this will drive you nuts.  It has a few moments but I really have to work to suspend my disbelief and this is the biggest issue I see.  I didn't see the great love connection.  So her leaving felt like the old the girl has to leave or die from the '60s.  So far I like Higgins and TC the best on the show.   Still watching but not a must watch.

I thought this was one of the better episodes of the season.  I wasn’t too sure at first since the promos kept teasing the nuclear bomb, but it turned out to mostly be a missing person case and the nuke was only used at the end to justify Sergei not cooperating with Magnum so I didn’t have to suspend my disbelief too much.

I really liked how the writers managed to involve all the characters in the main case.  I definitely prefer that to having them split off into separate storylines where they only interact briefly.  I also liked how each character had a moment to shine, including Kumu when she got the drop on the Russian agent (you go girl!) and Katsumoto when he pulled back the patrol cars.  

And of course I was very pleased with all the scenes the three main guys had together.  Smart-ass Rick is always welcome on my screen and TC had some good moments too like his long-suffering patience when he picked up the other two at the police station and how willing he is to interrupt his tour business to help Magnum.  It’s a good thing his passengers were teenagers who didn’t mind playing real-life cops and robbers.  It’s really nice to see the guys working together like the team they’re supposed to be.

I even liked Higgins in this episode.  Previously the writers had done a good job of making me actively dislike her because she’s apparently an expert at everything, and awfully damn arrogant about it too.  And this episode started out the same way.  But she really redeemed herself in her last scene with Kumu when she was sympathetic and understanding and showed some vulnerability and even a hint of self-deprecating humor (I know I seem cold…the accent doesn’t help.)  If they keep writing Higgins like this I may grow to like her again.

I didn't see any promos, so I didn't know about the nuclear bomb.  When Sergei went to open the suitcase I paused the DVR and said to my husband "I know what's in there, it the pee tape!,"  I was disappointed to find out it was just a nuke.   

• Love 6

Off topic, but I came here looking for comments on the "poker game" ep, and found that Magnum is now one long thread. Boo. That was one of my least favorite qualities of TWOP, and one thing I liked most about Previously - separate and easy to follow episode posts. I guess easy always wins out. 

On the topic of the episode, I would have preferred a more complex ending in which Meadow Soprano had actually arranged the robbery in order to pay her medical bills, and Rick and the team would have had to decide whether to expose her or not. Gray areas are always welcome (but that's not this show's MO).

• Love 3

Is there a reason Higgins keeps tell people she's a 'major domo'?  Do people use this term in everyday language?  I've heard it before but in old movies (excuse me, classic movies...) on TCM.  Every time she says it (twice in the most recent episode) it just seems pretentious.  

Loved that they used the dogs in their roles as guard dogs.

Overall I'm enjoying the series.

• Love 1