Type keyword(s) to search

Magnum P.I. (2018) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Starscream said:

Did they mention the death of his dad and all that jazz in an early episode?  I was thinking they did but it's been so long since I've seen those early first season episodes that I'm probably mistaken.

Also, Magnum spending so much time out making calls from his surfski feeds into my conspiracy theory that he is the real Robin Masters and he was using that opportunity to set up the transfer to Higgins.

I don't think they had the father going down. I  would guess  not Vietnam and not in the original's Korea but a training mission  because Thomas is to young to be the son of a fighter pilot in Vietnam being lost on a mission and they stuck Juliet out with him in the call back to the original's lost at sea on the 4th of July episode.  . But don't quote me on that.

The have gone too far with Robin Master's being embedded with their unit with Rick, TC and Nuzo in the pilot episode, confirming that Magnum was merely a model for the Robin Master's novels.

Anything's possible when you consider how original Magnum explained how Higgins was really Robin Masters despite all evidence to the contrary.  I've always rejected the Higgins=Robin Masters theory for various reasons, and I don't actually believe this Magnum is Robin, but I am game to entertain theories on the subject.

• Useful 1

It was t just the easy wrap up that was lame; the way it was delivered fell flat too. I needed something more from that last scene- a hug, an exclamation thanking Robin, even laughter for some reason would have hyped it up. Instead it was just a letdown. Particularly coming right after the scene of Juliet with her dogs. That scene was perfect and totally sold me on the emotion of her leaving. 

im going shallow for a minute- that tank top Juliet wore most of the episode was awful. Perdita Weeks is a beautiful woman; it should not be that hard to find flattering casual clothes for her. 

The whole second episode fell flat for me but the first one was fun. Watching Higgins and Magnum compete was a ride. I shared her surprise that Magnum doesn’t compensate his friends for anything. What the hell? Running that helicopter has got to get expensive. 

I liked that Magnum just admitted to feeling put out that Juliet had blown off his offer to be her white knight. That rang really true and doesn’t even have to be shippy. I also appreciated that Juliet called off the wedding instead of the magical save doing it. I realize that she felt cornered, but agreeing to the marriage scheme never seemed true to Higgins. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Starscream said:

Anything's possible when you consider how original Magnum explained how Higgins was really Robin Masters despite all evidence to the contrary.  I've always rejected the Higgins=Robin Masters theory for various reasons, and I don't actually believe this Magnum is Robin, but I am game to entertain theories on the subject.

It took some serious retconning on the original Magnum to explain how Higgins could be Robin since several early season episodes made it clear that they were separate people, with Robin voiced by Orson Welles.  They eventually explained it away by saying Higgins/Robin had hired an actor to play himself, but I always thought it was a ridiculous plot contrivance and I'm not sure why Tom Selleck was so invested in it.  After the show ended I read an article by series creator Don Bellisario where he said he always intended them to be separate people and made it clear that he wasn't a fan of that storyline either. 

One thing I always liked about the reboot was that they made it clear that Higgins and Robin weren't the same person.  They'd have to tie themselves into even more knots than the original did to try to change that now.

I have to say, despite all my recent gripes about this series, there is one thing it gets right every single episode;  the cinematography.  

Good god is this show gorgeous, on a weekly basis.  Between the (outdoors) background in scenes, the location vistas when switching/changing subplot viewpoints in episodes, etc.  Hawaii is a beautiful place to look at and long for (as a destination vacation, at the very least) and it shows all the time when watching Magnum P.I.  Hell, even most of the interior background shots are about as good you'll find.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

How many rooftop footchases does one season need? Especially with Higgins looking up as they pass overhead?

And that Coop's Beer logo looked like a last-minute high school mockup.

This got renewed, didn't it?

Yes, Magnum will return assuming Hawaii lifts distancing restrictions

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Just how rich is Robin that he just signs over his estate and all its contents including the Ferrari?

Damnit, I actually wanted to see Robin.

There is probably a way you can set it up so that Higgins pays herself (CEO Salary) the same amount of money that Robin was paying her. Robin really doesn't lose anything since although the business is in Higgins name, the business pays for all it's expenses includes the staff wages and the excess profits go to the shareholders who would be Robin. As long a Higgins doesn't try to sale the company or make major changes, which she probably can't without the shareholders approval, it doesn't seem too risky.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2020 at 7:01 AM, AnimeMania said:

There is probably a way you can set it up so that Higgins pays herself (CEO Salary) the same amount of money that Robin was paying her. Robin really doesn't lose anything since although the business is in Higgins name, the business pays for all it's expenses includes the staff wages and the excess profits go to the shareholders who would be Robin. As long a Higgins doesn't try to sale the company or make major changes, which she probably can't without the shareholders approval, it doesn't seem too risky.

But where is all the money going to come from?

What income does the estate have?  Presumably Robin was paying for its upkeep and staff, but if he’s signed it over to Juliet then he’s no justification to keep funding it.  
Yes, I know he’s loaded and can afford it, but it’s no more a legit transaction than the sham wedding would have been.  And while ICE might be happy enough to take it at face value, I doubt if the IRS would  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

But where is all the money going to come from?

What income does the estate have?  Presumably Robin was paying for its upkeep and staff, but if he’s signed it over to Juliet then he’s no justification to keep funding it.  
Yes, I know he’s loaded and can afford it, but it’s no more a legit transaction than the sham wedding would have been.  And while ICE might be happy enough to take it at face value, I doubt if the IRS would  

I guess that Kumu will have to charge admission for those cultural events that she and Jonathan Higgins held back in the day in Mr. Masters name.

I believe Guggenheim was effectively already the showrunner (Lenkov obviously was in charge overall, but I think Guggenheim still had a lot of say over the day-to-day running of the show), so I imagine things won't change much. 

Still, it's quite a shock. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Another, pretty in depth, & I think very interesting, article (exposé could also be an appropriate description), from Vanity Fair, on Peter Lenkov’s recent dismissal from his production deal at CBS & his remaining showrunner positions at Magnum, P.I. & MacGyver. Lots of comments from people who used to work with him are included. From reading the article, it appears a 5-page letter from MacGyver star Lucas Till to CBS’ Human Resources Department, about the working conditions on that set, was what sparked the investigation which ultimately took Lenkov down (among other things, separately mentioned from the letter, it’s alleged that after Meredith Eaton, who co-stars on MacGyver, suffered an injury on set that wasn’t initially treated correctly & needed hip replacement surgery to correct, Lenkov kept trying to rush her return to work after the surgery although she was in no condition yet to walk as quickly as her character is normally needed to in most scenes).

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/07/the-fall-of-a-cbs-showrunner

You’ll probably need to use the Reader View function on your device to read the article. I did—it opens up, then gets blocked by magazine-related pop-ups which I couldn’t remove until I used Reader View. If you don’t know where that is, look up where you type the web address you want. It might/should be there (or look where all your computer tools are located).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

This show is essentially my summer viewing.

I saw a tweet stating it's a stupid show with extremely likeable characters and yeah, that's about right.

You know what I think this show lacks? Female writers. Either no one is actively writing the Magnum/Higgins (partner) ship with the intent of it being more at some point or they do and it comes out all wrong on screen. I just think the buck always stops painfully short when it comes to those kinds of scenes.  They have good chemistry though. 

Wouldn't Higgins be there on an employment visa? It always struck me as something that Robin should be resolving instead of his other employees resorting to impromptu marriages to keep her there. Just saying. If Robin had to go all the way to the UK to find a majordomo he can damn well make sure the paperwork is in order.

I figure it'll be a long wait for season 3, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I knew it. 

Spoiler

Percolating, huh? 

More like a very very slow drip. I'm sure this one will also kindly agree that she's better suited for someone else and hand her back over on a silver platter. Which can then be ignored until season 5 when it finally dawns on them. Or until someone hits them over the head with a mallet. Whatever comes first.

Edited because someone on Twitter pointed out that this guy kinda sorta resembles Magnum. So there's that.

Edited by Aliferously
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ok guys, seriously.  We get it already.

Spoiler

Just a matter of time between the tedious WT/WT UST becomes an actual romance - either later this season or wait until the  4th or 5th season, maybe, @Aliferously?

'Magnum P.I.': How Will Magnum React When Cupid Strikes Higgins?

Also, while I think it will be handled slightly differently, I agree they'll probably rehash the early S2 'dump' scene of Magnum being told by his (then) current LI that there's someone meant for him if he'd just get a clue.

• Useful 1

From the start while called Magnum PI people were saying they accidentally  fell into a good Hart to Hart vibe. Meanwhile the producers have systematically being killing or throwing off the island every recurring character from the original show except for Luther Gillis.  I bet instead of Hart to Hart they will go the JAG route and like Harm and Mac 15 years after cancellation  as guest on Hawaii 5-0 3.0  the not quite a couple will be around 60 years of age still playing will they or won't they.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 10/25/2020 at 2:16 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Ok guys, seriously.  We get it already.

Hide contents

Just a matter of time between the tedious WT/WT UST becomes an actual romance - either later this season or wait until the  4th or 5th season, maybe, @Aliferously?

'Magnum P.I.': How Will Magnum React When Cupid Strikes Higgins?

Also, while I think it will be handled slightly differently, I agree they'll probably rehash the early S2 'dump' scene of Magnum being told by his (then) current LI that there's someone meant for him if he'd just get a clue.

Spoiler

I rather they get it over with sooner, so you can actually see the relationship evolve over time.

We've gotten over the childish bickering stage (what the hell even?), and moved into slow acceptance of eachothers presence. As long as the love interest plot doesn't turn them into passive aggressive shitheads for most of season 3 I'm happy with them to get together at the end of it or in early s4 (one hopes). It is possible to have a functioning adult relationship and not have the characters alter too much from how they were originally written.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Aliferously said:
  Reveal spoiler

I rather they get it over with sooner, so you can actually see the relationship evolve over time.

We've gotten over the childish bickering stage (what the hell even?), and moved into slow acceptance of eachothers presence. As long as the love interest plot doesn't turn them into passive aggressive shitheads for most of season 3 I'm happy with them to get together at the end of it or in early s4 (one hopes). It is possible to have a functioning adult relationship and not have the characters alter too much from how they were originally written.

I totally agree.   Its just some of my TV viewing experience could mean we'll be waiting way too long and then no (noticeable) adjusting to each other after it happens.

• Useful 1

Premiere date finally set - same for MacGyver and Blue Bloods.

“Double Jeopardy” – Magnum and Higgins’ new clients hire them to find their missing brother last seen on the island, leading to Higgins being shot and TC abducted when a secret case of revenge is revealed during the investigation. Also, Higgins (and Magnum!) are surprised when her surgeon asks her out, on the third season premiere of MAGNUM P.I., Friday, Dec. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. “Hawaii Five-0’s” Kimee Balmilero and Shawn Garnett guest star.

• Useful 2

I don't know that surgeons are allowed to ask their patients to dinner just like that, but ok.

Having seen the promo pictures for the premiere episode, I am no longer violently opposed to the boyfriend plotline. As long as he gives her back after the mid season finale, ok? Because there's sexual tension to be dragged out ad infinitum.

• LOL 4
13 hours ago, Aliferously said:

I don't know that surgeons are allowed to ask their patients to dinner just like that, but ok.

Having seen the promo pictures for the premiere episode, I am no longer violently opposed to the boyfriend plotline. As long as he gives her back after the mid season finale, ok? Because there's sexual tension to be dragged out ad infinitum.

I'm a dude, and even I find that a surgeon/Dr. asking his patient out to dinner - while patient is still just that, their patient - kinda creepy, even if it is within allowable circumstances.

If I had to guess on what we'll see over the course of so many episodes in the first half of S3;  it'll be something like Magnum will be low-key jealous for awhile (with Rick & TC calling him on it at some point), and then when the writers are ready, they'll have the new beau exit stage left while giving the same type of hint to Higgins about her and Magnum,, as Magnum got from his exiting gal pal in early S2.

• Love 3

Would Hawaii's or the US Supreme Court really consider it double jeopardy to murder someone that you were falsely convicted or murdering in another state years before? The tired  old con the PI to find your  target for murder trick. But Rick shooting down TC's helicopter was something new and different. that was McGarrett version 2.0 level of crazy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hollywood really needs to stop doing double jeopardy stories because they don't understand they way it works.  It doesn't say you can't be tried for the same crime twice.   It says you can't be tried for the same crime under the same facts and circumstances twice.   

If you murder someone on November first and are acquitted because and they later find the body, find your finger prints and determine the person died on November first you can't be tried again.  But if the person is found alive and you kill them later, you can be tried again.   It's the same charge against the same victim but it's an entirely different case.  If double jeopardy worked the way TV thinks it does, you could rob a store, be acquitted (or even convicted) and then go back and rob that store over and over again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Welp, its back.  Better than most the last half of last season, but that whole "you can't kill someone twice" thing seems very wrong.

Oh hey, another non-cameo by Robin.  Really nice shot by Rick and Kumu got a raise.

Is the white vehicle tailing Magnum a carryover from the 'big bad' of last season, or someone new?  Not sure which would be better.

Seems that their ignoring subtle and starting out at blatant in how Magnum feels about Higgins to start this season.  Those downcast & 'seriously?' looks when Ethan was around, or people talking about him, were much more than just polite non-interest.   Not to mention the "nothing else matters" laser-locked focus he was in while finding Higgins and then getting her to the hospital after she was shot, even ignoring the escape of the perps.

Magnum did his best to make kinda light of it, but I think he genuinely felt betrayed by Higgins when she said she'd be charging him rent and he'd have to move out because he couldn't cover the expense. I think he really felt like she was 'doing him dirty'. As evidenced by his pawning his dad's watch to buy new tires for the Ferrari, in the attempt to show her he can be responsible and get her to see that there is no great shame in accepting financial help, such as the kind of help that Robin had been providing prior to signing over the Nest to Higgins.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Useful 1

I mostly find that Higgins is written too much as a super human being who is not allowed to have human emotions.

Remember that online dating scam episode in season 1? They'd made up a dating profile which was too high brow for Magnum and they asked Higgins what her favourite Spanish opera was. She of course names it without hesitation and I literally said "Who the fuck has a favourite Spanish opera?" My friend still laughs at me over that reaction two years later.

It's stuff like that that can push a character into insufferable fairly quickly. I find it strange that people find her plethora of skills cute or adorable. No, it's not. She's allowed to have traits which she can not do. Show us those.

Jeebus, Higgins. Death wishes are also not cute. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Aliferously said:

I mostly find that Higgins is written too much as a super human being who is not allowed to have human emotions.

Remember that online dating scam episode in season 1? They'd made up a dating profile which was too high brow for Magnum and they asked Higgins what her favourite Spanish opera was. She of course names it without hesitation and I literally said "Who the fuck has a favourite Spanish opera?" My friend still laughs at me over that reaction two years later.

It's stuff like that that can push a character into insufferable fairly quickly. I find it strange that people find her plethora of skills cute or adorable. No, it's not. She's allowed to have traits which she can not do. Show us those.

Now that you brought this up, it highlighted how I disliked how they wrote and made her portray that she didn't handle Magnum's 'struggle' at the end well either.  "What do you want, a parade?".  Cripes woman, just say "thanks" to someone who saved your life (or at least long-term physical health problems), without derision or sarcasm.  Simple human decency won't kill you.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Aliferously said:

So once again in the latest episode, we had Higgin battling with the big muscular bad guy instead of Navy Seal and the hero behind Robin's successful books. So much so that the bad guy was walking around with a bruise face day(s) later. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So once again in the latest episode, we had Higgin battling with the big muscular bad guy instead of Navy Seal and the hero behind Robin's successful books. So much so that the bad guy was walking around with a bruise face day(s) later. 

And said White Knight ran from his fight with a woman.  (although, in his defense, she did have a gun and was shooting at him)

12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

On TV age and gender doesn't matter,  just how exclusive and elite we see your former unit. Spies always beat special forces soldiers. SEALS, beat Marines thus being the one currently serving unless he comes up with a Ranger or SWAT background all of the big 4 will do things Detective Katsumoto wouldn't even dream of being possible 

3 hours ago, Aliferously said:

Just about the only emotion I've seen from Higgins is arrogance, which does not endear her to me.  She's also never shown making mistakes or  being incapable of doing something which makes her really hard to relate to.

I wasn't even going to watch this season because the way Higgins has taken over the show annoys me so much.  Then I saw @Raja's comment above about Rick shooting the chopper and knew I had to check it out.  🙂  I did like how it was a team effort to bring down the bad guys instead of having the main characters split into completely separate A and B plots.  And drugged Higgins was actually pretty amusing and acted a lot more human.  It was far from perfect, IMO, but I'm at least interested enough to check out a few more episodes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I agree that Higgins can drift into superwoman territory, but I like her anyway. I think her cool competence is a nice balance for Magnum’s fly by the seat of your pants vibe. 

I didn’t see what the big deal was about expecting Magnum to pay rent. It’s not like she gave him some outrageous number. All they did was talk about a need for him to pay something. That seems reasonable to me.

Higgins was adorable drugged. I don’t blame the doctor; I’d be trying to ask her out too. They didn’t even pretend like Magnum was cool with it either. That was definite and obvious jealousy. I think part of it was similar to the whole wedding storyline- he really did want credit for being her white knight. Mainly it was just jealousy that Higgins had sparked with someone else though. I’m okay with it as long as it goes somewhere. I’m still on board, but I’m nearing my get off point on this UST merry go round. 

I will give him this- that mad race to the hospital with cops chasing after carrying her out of the jungle did deserve some props.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, l star said:

I didn’t see what the big deal was about expecting Magnum to pay rent. It’s not like she gave him some outrageous number. All they did was talk about a need for him to pay something. That seems reasonable to me.

Higgins was adorable drugged. I don’t blame the doctor; I’d be trying to ask her out too. They didn’t even pretend like Magnum was cool with it either. That was definite and obvious jealousy. I think part of it was similar to the whole wedding storyline- he really did want credit for being her white knight. Mainly it was just jealousy that Higgins had sparked with someone else though. I’m okay with it as long as it goes somewhere. I’m still on board, but I’m nearing my get off point on this UST merry go round. 

I will give him this- that mad race to the hospital with cops chasing after carrying her out of the jungle did deserve some props.

That's the thing though, she knows he (& they) make 'peanuts' on these jobs.  Why charge something when she knows he has basically very little to start with? 

Also, why the "threat" to 'kick him out because he can't pay' but then tell him to stay in the main house (until he finds a new place)??  "Get out of the guesthouse, you mooch, so I can make some money off it;  but hey, no problem, just move in for free to the main house with me!"  Talk about your mixed messages.

• Love 3
On 12/5/2020 at 3:01 AM, Maverick said:

Hollywood really needs to stop doing double jeopardy stories because they don't understand they way it works.  It doesn't say you can't be tried for the same crime twice.   It says you can't be tried for the same crime under the same facts and circumstances twice. 

So true. How can they keep getting this so wrong? There was even an Ashley Judd movie called Double Jeopardy that somehow got OK'd at all levels, that hinged on this completely wrong interpretation of the phrase. Killing your husband 12 years ago and shooting him today are not remotely the same crime.

• Useful 1

Hmm.  So there is some spoilerish info thanks to episode names for the first 8 eps of this season...

Spoiler

5   The Return of Ivan  (so, the 'mystery tail' in Double Jeopardy was most likely either Ivan or someone working for him)  [airs on 1/15/21]

6   MacGyver P.I.  (I had no clue there would be a MacGyver/Magnum crossover this year, seems quite odd, especially during a pandemic - or is it just an episode where Magnum can make animal shapes out of paperclips?)  [airs on 1/22]

And according to the info given that I find to usually be very reliable, there will only be a 2-week holiday break (12/25 & 1/1) - which I assume will be the same for MacGyver and Blue Bloods.

12/4-12/18 for eps 1-3, and 1/8-2/5 for eps 4-8.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Useful 1

That was established in the original series as well.   There's always been this ying and yang between Magnum being a freeloading user and diehard friend.  His antics are usually tolerated because he's usually trying to help some poor schmuck rather than taking some high paying security or corporate  in house PI job a Navy SEAL should be able to get.  It gets annoying though because Higgins, TC and Rick all manage to hold jobs that generate at least a living wage for themselves while still doing a lot of PI work. 

• Love 4

Although I love the scenery and enjoy the show, it really bothered me for the entire episode that Robin gave Higgins the estate.  What about gift taxes?  An estate like that would incur ongoing costs of at least one million dollars a year (upkeep, insurance, property taxes, etc.).  Why was that the better option than Higgins going back to the U.K. (which they all treat as equivilent to a death sentence...[she would have to go back-oh, the horror!]) and reapplying for her visa.  And, if she is such a super smart special agent, why did she overstay her visa in the first place?  Charging "five figures" for rent in the guest house covers maybe only the dog food.  Would Robin really want to see his property going into foreclosure (I have no idea if there's a mortgage or not) or being run down to the point that it would be extremely expensive to repair?  None of this story line makes any kind of sense to me and it lessens my enjoyment of the scenery and escapism.  Sorry for the long rant, but sometimes there are stories that I just can't wave away.

What to me would have made more sense is that he donate the estate to a cultural/heritage organization but provides that only Higgins can perform a certain task which would make getting a work visa easier as she would be deemed essential to the running of the cultural site.

Okay, I'll end.  But, I will add (in order to have a positive comment) that I just loved all of the opening shots that showed the beauty of the island.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Although I love the scenery and enjoy the show, it really bothered me for the entire episode that Robin gave Higgins the estate.  What about gift taxes?  An estate like that would incur ongoing costs of at least one million dollars a year (upkeep, insurance, property taxes, etc.).  Why was that the better option than Higgins going back to the U.K. (which they all treat as equivilent to a death sentence...[she would have to go back-oh, the horror!]) and reapplying for her visa.  And, if she is such a super smart special agent, why did she overstay her visa in the first place?  Charging "five figures" for rent in the guest house covers maybe only the dog food.  Would Robin really want to see his property going into foreclosure (I have no idea if there's a mortgage or not) or being run down to the point that it would be extremely expensive to repair?  None of this story line makes any kind of sense to me and it lessens my enjoyment of the scenery and escapism.  Sorry for the long rant, but sometimes there are stories that I just can't wave away.

What to me would have made more sense is that he donate the estate to a cultural/heritage organization but provides that only Higgins can perform a certain task which would make getting a work visa easier as she would be deemed essential to the running of the cultural site.

Okay, I'll end.  But, I will add (in order to have a positive comment) that I just loved all of the opening shots that showed the beauty of the island.

We only have Higgins word that Masters gave her the entire estate AND that she has to pay the upkeep on her own.  Now I have no doubt that Masters pulled a bunch of strings and got her VISA issue wiped out.  and he may have even deeded her the estate. But it makes less sense that she has to manage the entire upkeep on her own with her own cash. 

So, my head canon is:  Higgins lied to Magnum about the money.  A smallish lie, but one she feels justified to use to get Magnum to start paying.  Meanwhile, the estate has been placed in some sort of trust that Higgins has control over and the funds for managing the estate are a part of said trust, so she doesn't really need the extra $$ from Magnum, she's just trying to teach him a lesson.

• Love 1

BUT HIGGINS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ON AN EMPLOYMENT VISA!

I still can not cope with this storyline six months later because of the above. If she'd wanted to prolong her stay, Robin could have applied for an extension because as her boss, that is part of his job. None of this "I wanted to stay so I did it myself and failed" bullshit. , She's working in a higher management function which I assume would be in her favour. Really don't get it.

Spoiler

There was much groaning over the whole getting Higgins a green card ploy. Just, really? This is why I watch this show for the inter character relationships and not the profoundness of the plotlines.

• Love 1

Season 3 Episode 2 “Easy Money” – Higgins job to repo a plane goes south when she and Magnum discover that it was being used by a drug cartel who opens fire at the plane, forcing them to crash land in the jungle, where they find a stowaway on board with a target on his back. Also, Higgins has her first date with Dr. Ethan Shah.

Airdate:   Friday, Dec. 11 

302_magnum-pi_photo02.jpg

I can't believe that Higgy sat there for an hour eating that tiny paper bowl of food. I am sure the restaurant owner wanted to kick them out since they didn't even buy drinks. I hope they left a large tip.

Planes don't have locks on the doors or the ignition switch?

Magnum destroys another expensive aircraft this week, do they have to reimburse the company for the damages?

I was a little disappointed that Higgy and Magnum leave a perfectly good radio and machine gun on the ground only to spend a great deal of time looking for a radio and machine gun.

You would think that the Cannabis growers might have created an elaborate escape route/tunnel in case the police ever surrounded the place.

Spoiler

How long will we have to wait to find out that Dr. Ethan is not as great a guy as he seems to be. I have watched way too much TV. It would be great if the one stalking Magnum was Katsumoto's baby-faced partner. 

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Season 3 Episode 2 “Easy Money” – Higgins job to repo a plane goes south when she and Magnum discover that it was being used by a drug cartel who opens fire at the plane, forcing them to crash land in the jungle, where they find a stowaway on board with a target on his back. Also, Higgins has her first date with Dr. Ethan Shah.

Airdate:   Friday, Dec. 11 

302_magnum-pi_photo02.jpg

I can't believe that Higgy sat there for an hour eating that tiny paper bowl of food. I am sure the restaurant owner wanted to kick them out since they didn't even buy drinks. I hope they left a large tip.

Planes don't have locks on the doors or the ignition switch?

Magnum destroys another expensive aircraft this week, do they have to reimburse the company for the damages?

I was a little disappointed that Higgy and Magnum leave a perfectly good radio and machine gun on the ground only to spend a great deal of time looking for a radio and machine gun.

You would think that the Cannabis growers might have created an elaborate escape route/tunnel in case the police ever surrounded the place.

Reveal spoiler

How long will we have to wait to find out that Dr. Ethan is not as great a guy as he seems to be. I have watched way too much TV. It would be great if the one stalking Magnum was Katsumoto's baby-faced partner. 

re your spoiler:  That's what I was thinking!

• Love 1
Spoiler

No, I'm pretty sure the white van stalking was initiated due to the watch being pawned.

Rolexes are expensive (and I imagine rare like this one) and if the serial number was pinged it might have set something or other in motion.

I only figured out that Magnum senior died in combat recently so I'm assuming it might have something to do with that.

Lots of people are wanting it to be Ivan, but I figure he's more of a go for the immediate move rather then observe before attacking type foe.

re watch non spoiler: I am disappointed that she got it back so quickly. I thought it would make for a nice bonding moment at the end of the season.  But that's just me.

Edited by Aliferously
edited because clarity