Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E37: Fast Forward; Eviction #13

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, icemiser69 said:

I fail to understand why Tyler would want to take a strong competitor to the final two.  That is, if it comes to that.  I know he said he wanted to do that.  He can't be that big of a fool.  I am sure there are plenty of people in the jury house that would gladly vote for Kaycee, and give their middle finger to Tyler.   I seem to remember in a past season where someone did the same thing, taking a strong competitor, and it bit that person in the ass.  If Tyler is going for the win, he can't get cute.  He needs to bring someone to the final two that he can for sure beat.

I can think of two reasons:

1. Simple math.  In a Tyler/JC F2, JC is far more likely to gather all the Hive votes on the Jury (with the possible exception of Hay).  But even discounting Hay that’s still 4 votes strong for JC (Bae, Pinky, Fessy and Scottie) which means Tyler loses if any one of Brett/Sam/Angela were to vote against him - and I doubt Tyler would be feeling overconfident right now about either Brett or Sam’s vote.  With another L6er sitting beside him, Tyler stands a better chance for picking up ex-Hive votes if a bitter Hive Jury’s anybody-but-THAT-side-of-the-House voting plan gets fractured.
  2. Loyalty as a strategy. Tyler has littered the landscape with broken F2s, to such an extent only one option remains to explain them - loyalty to his very first F2 agreement above all others.  If Tyler can legitimately tell the Jury, “Kaycee and I made an F2 pact on Day 2 - so while I couldn’t realistically reject subsequent F2 offers without putting a major target on my back, I always stayed loyal to my first”, then that might go a long way towards defusing some Jury bitterness.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I believe he asked for no sugar, protein bars & 8 bottles of champagne (2 for each houseguest)

Thank you!  Between his accent and his rapid-fire way of talking,  I could not figure it out. Protein bars and champagne.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

So, I guess TPTB aren’t planning on showing us any more JH footage, ever.  

The last JH entry footage we got was Scottie’s first entry into the JH, prior to the JBB.

Since then Fessy, Scottie (again), Hay, and Brett have walked out the FD, and - nothing.

So did I - both times.  :D

Most likely they'll wait until the finale - I feel like that's what they always do now.

7 hours ago, backformore said:

did anyone catch what JC was saying when Julie asked what he hoped was in his HOH basket?   all I got was "no sugar."  and something about models, but there was something else he said.  

Protein bars. ALLLLLLLLL protein bars.  And then 8 bottles of champaign. 

Right after he won while they were still out at the comp he asked for a bottle of tequila 

I can't help it.. he's a very entertaining individual. 

9 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Look if she was so vital why where there ENTIRE episodes where she would appear as a fleeting background player without even speaking and that was for over half the summer. She floated along on the backs of others like Winston and Rachel who paid the price and benefited IMMENSELY from the near constant bumbling from the other side of the house. A Kaycee win won't truly be deserved. I don't even like Tyler but I can't make a case that he wouldn't deserve to win over Kaysee...no way, no how.

I wouldn't say that a Kaycee win wouldn't be deserved. Is she boring? Yes, they rarely utilized her on the show and she isn't compelling TV if her only memorable thing is her "LET'S GO" catchphrase. However, she has been very beneficial to Level 6. She was the reason why they didn't get split up earlier. She won the Hacker Comp that ultimately kept the remaining members of their alliance together and got the Hive sent to jury before them. If there was no Hacker Comp, someone from L6 likely would have gone, and Rockstar would have lasted another week, at least. Then, Kaycee pulled out veto win after veto win to ensure the week went L6's way. As far as I can see, her social game was also decent enough. So she may not be an exciting person to watch on TV, but she's far from being useless and undeserving of a win. Again, that Hacker Comp was a huge benefit to their side. She floated through the first half of the game, sure, but it seems very likely that she threw the comps that she participated in for the first half. She didn't even play in veto until week 6. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

The last JH entry footage we got was Scottie’s first entry into the JH, prior to the JBB.

Since then Fessy, Scottie (again), Hay, and Brett have walked out the FD, and - nothing.

Gah!!  I would happily pop some popcorn and watch 2 solid hours of jury house catch-up.  That's where the action is.  I want to see Fessy's reaction to Scottie coming back, then both of them drooling as Hay strolls in, and especially Rockstar's face when she sees her best friend Brett.  And of course, Sammy wandering in, wondering what game she's playing now, as well as where they keep the glue sticks and glitter.  The actual BB house is so dull compared to the party that is the Jury House.

So last week Sam told us all that if she's evicted, she would rip every door from its hinges and burn the place to the ground, or words to that effect.  Then she leaves with a smile, a wave back to her fellow HG's (funny because they weren't waving at her), sits demurely with Julie and smothers us with her sweet southern charm.  I really need to know if this woman is playing every single one of us, or is it that she doesn't even know where she is anymore or what she's doing?  

Did anyone catch Julie giving a tiny chuckle after she announced herself as "Julie Chen-Moonves" at the end of the episode?  It was small gesture, but I found it so odd.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wouldn't say that a Kaycee win wouldn't be deserved. Is she boring? Yes, they rarely utilized her on the show and she isn't compelling TV if her only memorable thing is her "LET'S GO" catchphrase. However, she has been very beneficial to Level 6. She was the reason why they didn't get split up earlier. She won the Hacker Comp that ultimately kept the remaining members of their alliance together and got the Hive sent to jury before them. If there was no Hacker Comp, someone from L6 likely would have gone, and Rockstar would have lasted another week, at least. Then, Kaycee pulled out veto win after veto win to ensure the week went L6's way. As far as I can see, her social game was also decent enough. So she may not be an exciting person to watch on TV, but she's far from being useless and undeserving of a win. Again, that Hacker Comp was a huge benefit to their side. She floated through the first half of the game, sure, but it seems very likely that she threw the comps that she participated in for the first half. She didn't even play in veto until week 6. 

LC, I agree with every word. 

She knew how to stay under the radar and then perform when needed.  Just because she wasn't winning vetos or HoHs early on doesn't mean she wasn't playing.  Hell, Dr Wil never won a single HoH or Veto comp, ever. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Gah!!  I would happily pop some popcorn and watch 2 solid hours of jury house catch-up.  That's where the action is.  I want to see Fessy's reaction to Scottie coming back, then both of them drooling as Hay strolls in, and especially Rockstar's face when she sees her best friend Brett.  And of course, Sammy wandering in, wondering what game she's playing now, as well as where they keep the glue sticks and glitter.  The actual BB house is so dull compared to the party that is the Jury House.

So last week Sam told us all that if she's evicted, she would rip every door from its hinges and burn the place to the ground, or words to that effect.  Then she leaves with a smile, a wave back to her fellow HG's (funny because they weren't waving at her), sits demurely with Julie and smothers us with her sweet southern charm.  I really need to know if this woman is playing every single one of us, or is it that she doesn't even know where she is anymore or what she's doing?  

Did anyone catch Julie giving a tiny chuckle after she announced herself as "Julie Chen-Moonves" at the end of the episode?  It was small gesture, but I found it so odd.

Why there are no jury house live feeds is beyond me. Hell could even just do one hour weekly episodes of the Jury House through CBS All access.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Nashville --  In your item 1 above, Tyler/JC, you don't mention KCs vote. Her vote added to Brett/Angela/Sam would give Tyler four votes - a tie,  which makes Hay's vote especially significant.

That assumes Kayce, Angela, Sam, and Brett are all solid votes for Tyler to win - an assumption I don’t think Tyler is comfortable in making.  Kaycee and Angela are almost certainly locks for Tyler, sure.  Sam, though...?  Maybe not so much; given her precipitous mood swings, can any equation containing Sam be described as “certain”?  And I’d consider Tyler complacent as fuck if he didn’t have significant concerns about Brett at this juncture, given (a) the nature of Brett’s blindside, (b) Brett’s closeness with JC, and (c) Brett’s consideration of Tyler as betraying their F2 deal.

My primary point was: if JC’s ass hits a F2 seat he’s already pretty much guaranteed 4 Jury votes - Bae, Pinky, Fessy and Scottie - so any one vote in addition to the HiveFail 4 gives JC the win.  That lock-on-4 makes JC a significantly less appealing F2 counterpart to Tyler than any other L6er.

Frankly, I’m not giving Tyler very good odds at all right now in any scenario.  

Dammit, Brett; couldn’t you have waited just another week or so before running your big dumb mouth...?

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Good gravy, yes. And as someone pointed out a week ago or so, what the fuck happened to the season of technology? Between those shitty-ass costumes and the lame-ass cardboard cutouts (wtf was with the stock photo of two wolves and the Windows Paint version 1.0 wizard??), this was like the equivalent of a Project Runway comp in which they search through the discarded scraps of fabric to make a Derelicte look in 30 minutes.

You know, you're right!  I just realized, what happened to hackers and computers and robots, oh my!  Why wasn't that maze done up like circuit boards and you had to find the 3 computer viruses?  And why weren't the hamsters dressed up like Brett - the computer security guru?  I guess they blew the whole season's budget on trips to Hawaii and rainbow bright unitards.

• Love 4

JC’s speech once again demanding Tyler say he’s gay and give JC a kiss would be called homophobic and ranted about if a straight person kept insisting a gay person isn’t gay.

I dislike JC for many reasons but I am firmly on the anyone but him train. I think Sam still feels close to Tyler and would give him her vote. Neither Kaycee nor JC made any effort with Sam and Kaycee hasn’t made effort with anyone besides Tyler and Angela beyond being a nice friendly person. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

[Sam] never really HAS been playing the game.

I've read Sam's original strategy and it got totally trashed by the "robot" gimmick.

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So last week Sam told us all that if she's evicted, she would rip every door from its hinges and burn the place to the ground, or words to that effect.  Then she leaves with a smile, a wave back to her fellow HG's (funny because they weren't waving at her), sits demurely with Julie and smothers us with her sweet southern charm.

That first comment was based on what she was being told about being safe from eviction back when there were more HG's. When you're down to F5, nobody could honestly promise safety and she'd know that.

• Love 1

Sam never had a problem with being evicted; what she did have a problem with, though, was being made to look like a dumbass in the process.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Kaycee was in the background in the early part of the season.  That wasn't a bad thing, because she didn't make any enemies.  If Kaycee makes it to final two, I would give her the win.

I am with you on this.  I always hate when people start up the whole "floaters" thing.  Sometimes it takes a strong will and smarts NOT to get involved in pettiness too early on.  One thing about Kaycee is that she is a controlled and measured person.  It has served her well in the game.

1 hour ago, HighMaintenance said:

You know, you're right!  I just realized, what happened to hackers and computers and robots, oh my!  Why wasn't that maze done up like circuit boards and you had to find the 3 computer viruses?  And why weren't the hamsters dressed up like Brett - the computer security guru?  I guess they blew the whole season's budget on trips to Hawaii and rainbow bright unitards.

Now that you both mention it..............Yes!  What the hell?  Just had the wizard/wolves/witches set-up and costumes in a basement?  Come on BB you had a good theme going.  

2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

The best thing for Tyler is not to win POV or final HOH. Let one of his F2s bring him.

Angela in the F2 is the only win I can see for Tyler. If the jury respects gameplay, KC winning POVs should go far, and JC has the Hive.

I don't know.  All three of them (L6) kept their game close to the vest.  Who is to say that the girls don't have their own side thing going on?  They could win the veto and take one of them off then Tyler goes up and the one taken down votes him out and voila new F2.  I wouldn't mind Kaycee winning the whole thing.  I think she would be better off with Angela too.

Save me a seat on your couch.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

The best thing for Tyler is not to win POV or final HOH. Let one of his F2s bring him.

Angela in the F2 is the only win I can see for Tyler. If the jury respects gameplay, KC winning POVs should go far, and JC has the Hive.

No one should be throwing anything at this point period.  That's suicidal.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I fail to understand why Tyler would want to take a strong competitor to the final two.  That is, if it comes to that.  I know he said he wanted to do that.  He can't be that big of a fool.  I am sure there are plenty of people in the jury house that would gladly vote for Kaycee, and give their middle finger to Tyler.   I seem to remember in a past season where someone did the same thing, taking a strong competitor, and it bit that person in the ass.  If Tyler is going for the win, he can't get cute.  He needs to bring someone to the final two that he can for sure beat.

I think he finds it more "noble" or something - to beat someone who's hard to beat. I'm with you, though. I'd drag annoying-harassing-greasy JC to the end. 

49 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I am with you on this.  I always hate when people start up the whole "floaters" thing.  Sometimes it takes a strong will and smarts NOT to get involved in pettiness too early on.  One thing about Kaycee is that she is a controlled and measured person.  It has served her well in the game.

I think the floaters thing can be subjective. What one person sees as "floating", another might see as a smart strategy. So it's hard to argue, as we all have different views on what we see as valid game play. For me, I do not consider Kaycee a "floater". I think she intentionally laid low early on; but she's been crushing comps lately. And she was every part of her alliance. People came to her with strategy, she was part of the votes. 

Someone who's just completely on the outside of everything, like Sam, who doesn't win and doesn't strategize - that's more of a floater, to me. 

• Love 5

The rare times when KC was more exposed I wouldn't say she was controlled or measured at all.

As for the jury the audience have been taught to accept that they won't see much over the years, just like with all the blackouts.  It's very strange considering these people are deciding who the winner is.

6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am a big fan of innocent until proven guilty.

Me too, but in all societies I expect there's a tendency to think the opposite.  In the US police give out mugshots of people arrested like they are already in prison.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Nashville said:

So did I - both times.  :D

I really don't understand why they seem to do this every freakin year ! Usually the house is kind of boring by this time and they end up showing all this filler crap, when they could show at least a few minutes of the jury house. At the very least, we'd see people we haven't seen for a while ! But every year they seem to do less & less. If there is a legitimate treason why, I'd like to know.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, green said:

No one should be throwing anything at this point period.  That's suicidal.

Worse - it weakens your game resume!  ;)

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I think he finds it more "noble" or something - to beat someone who's hard to beat. 

...and the Woo Postulate once again rears its naive little head....  ;>

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I think the floaters thing can be subjective. What one person sees as "floating", another might see as a smart strategy. So it's hard to argue, as we all have different views on what we see as valid game play. For me, I do not consider Kaycee a "floater". I think she intentionally laid low early on; but she's been crushing comps lately. And she was every part of her alliance. People came to her with strategy, she was part of the votes. 

Someone who's just completely on the outside of everything, like Sam, who doesn't win and doesn't strategize - that's more of a floater, to me. 

Think some more clarification is needed regarding floaters vs. coasters....

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Faute has no one to blame for their elimination from the Big Brother House other than themselves.  They played horribly and would probably lose if the rest of the house guests were toddlers.

That’s an argument for rational people - not the FootyFails.  :)

• Love 3

FIRST TIME BB Watcher here (I did faithfully watch every episode this season)...so hopefully mine is a somewhat unique perspective not prejudiced by previous seasons:

I look back on the 1st eps this year...when Steve was the odd man and Sam was a robot...  I don't think I would have ever guessed that Kaycee or JC would still be around.  Similar to other reality shows (i.e. survivor), the big personalities (i.e. Schwaggy) and the loony tunes (Rachel) get booted quickly and the ones that stay quiet, don't piss anyone off and keep their game on the DL tend to make it to the end (Kaycee).

That said... Tyler seems to have played hard when he needed to and backed off when it was appropriate.  I fully expected all his F2 deals to backfire as each was sent packing....and it still might with both Brett and Sam now seeing Tyler as the playa and not the player.  If it were up to me, Tyler would win.

Whether editing or for real, Kaycee disappeared for...what....a month?  Now that she's won a crapload of comps, was she sandbagging?  Either awesome gameplay or just how stuff played out.

Maybe it's me (white male), but Sam's "rosie the riveter" style and her squeaky southern drawl were quite sexy (cue groans). 

Early on I thought Brett was a total d_ck....the way he played pretty much everyone based on what he needed at that moment (i.e. Rockstar).  In the last few weeks though, I relaxed and found him to be absolutely hilarious.  Brett is apparently Brett....and once you get past his Bro-ness and accept that, he's alright.  I could see having beers and laughs with him for sure.

JC... ugh.... aside from the controversy(s), he never ever came across as nice, honest, trustworthy, relatable, empathetic or a decent player.  They should have kept Sam.....now look at what happened.  If he wins, I will have to say that one season of BB was enough for me.

Who should win?  If Angela is the next one out, it leaves JC, KC and Tyler.

Lots of talk here about the hive voting for JC if he's in the F2.  Is that because they like JC or don't like the remaining L6 members?  Either way, JC would be, by far, the least deserving of these last 3 to win.

I hope it comes down to Kaycee and Tyler.  They've both played a strong game, especially in the last month.  My opinion is that Tyler played hard from the beginning, navigating between a dozen people to get where he is.

Sorry for the lengthy post.... but I've had a lot on my mind watching these past 90 days and it was just time to spill!

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'm on the "Level 6 loss" side celebration as well. I just get a little kick out of knowing that after all their dominance it was JC the troll that sabotaged their Final 3 plan. I still despise JC.

I think Tyler is fine as far as being on the block, but he will be the sole vote still so that could get sticky for him but Angela is the no brainer choice to keep as everyone hates her.

I hope JC gets knocked out early because the closer he steps to victory the more I throw up in my mouth...

No one is ever 'fine being on the block'.  I agree he has to go with Angela.  Heck maybe that was his plan all along when he hooked up with her.

19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I would love to see the showmance, real or not, burn to the ground.

Tyler and Angelina make me so uncomfortable when they try to play the part of lovers.  They just don't go together.  I keep thinking of Hello Mrs. Robinson!

10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

That would be Angela. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think he finds it more "noble" or something - to beat someone who's hard to beat. I'm with you, though. I'd drag annoying-harassing-greasy JC to the end. 

The real issue I have with taking JC to final two is it would keep up this wierd illusion he has that he has controlled everything from the beginning. And worse yet, he'd get money.

21 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

No one is ever 'fine being on the block'.  I agree he has to go with Angela.  Heck maybe that was his plan all along when he hooked up with her.

Ahh, okay, I didn't mean fine WITH being on the block I meant he should be fine gamewise as he won't see the block as JC will keep his crush safe.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Look if she was so vital why where there ENTIRE episodes where she would appear as a fleeting background player without even speaking and that was for over half the summer

Lol because there was an entire house full of other people who were causing drama and that’s what the show likes to focus on.  

And, for the record, the one Beatle I always forget about is George. So, you know, to each his own.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

Lol because there was an entire house full of other people who were causing drama and that’s what the show likes to focus on.  

And, for the record, the one Beatle I always forget about is George. So, you know, to each his own.

You forgot about George?! You lose all your credibility there. Just kidding LOL I must have watched his "I got my mind set on you" video like a million times in college in 1987 and maybe I'm imagining him in the Traveling Wilburys too. Not sure.

• Love 4
On 9/19/2018 at 6:47 PM, Wandering Snark said:

I'm on the "Level 6 loss" side celebration as well. I just get a little kick out of knowing that after all their dominance it was JC the troll that sabotaged their Final 3 plan.

Why is it acceptable to call JC a "troll"?  Whether or not he is your favorite player, do you have to refer to his height?  Whatever.

54 minutes ago, Frankie90210 said:

Why is it acceptable to call JC a "troll"?  Whether or not he is your favorite player, do you have to refer to his height?  Whatever.

Heck I call him a little rat which makes troll a giant in comparison.  If you don't want to be referred to as a troll (or a rat) don't act like a troll (or a rat).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Frankie90210 said:

Actually, depending on the particular folklore, some trolls are HUGE. 

JC behaves like a troll. That's just my opinion. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Frankie90210 said:

“Troll” and “troll doll”* are two different things - the first has absolutely no particular connotation as to height.

* Mentioned as the only possible way I can see height getting into the discussion.  YMMV

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Frankie90210 said:

In principle, I would agree with you 100%.

And then, I saw JC running around with an ice cream scooper, "scooping"  other HG's crotches.   And then all his other objectionable behavior.

And now I'm OK with him being called a troll.

• Love 2

Even if the word “troll” didn’t have multiple meanings, trolls are huge. Like HUGE. There might be some random folklore where trolls are little that I’ve never heard of but, in general, trolls are known for being giants. So it’s perfectly ok to call JC a troll. Because he is one.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, icemiser69 said:

People complained about the men's toothpick legs on the Celebrity season, and in that version there was a rowing machine in the house which would have helped build overall body strength, including legs and arms.

Not in that short amount of time.