Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Managing Partner

Chicago Redshirt

None of the case or the fight for NP made any sense.

Including a trial starting a week after it's filed.

They need Mike and Rachel back.

I wonder if Megan Markle is busy?

Edited by edhopper
  • Love 5

No ethics on display tonight, but why start now? Gah! I'm only watching to see Louis get his happy ending...and the promos hint that the writers have absolutely no intention of letting him have one.

Katherine Heigl is staying?  I thought she was on for just one season.  While I don't dislike her as much as  I did at the start of the season.

It's good to get some background on the Sam/Zane relationship but it should have been earlier in the season. And we never did find out what was in that file, did we?

Poor Louis.  He finally gets the chance to be a father, and now he has to juggle child and career like women do.  Is it really so prestigious to be Dean of the Columbia law school? The professors I know are doing their best to avoid being chair of their departments.

Opinion of the season:  I liked Louis and Sheila handling things like adults, I liked Katrina and Brian handling their relationship like adults, I'm glad Dule Hill is going to play a named partner but I am so over the pissing in the schoolyard legal politics of the show.

• Love 3
On 9/19/2018 at 10:03 PM, jette said:

I'm only watching to see Louis get his happy ending...and the promos hint that the writers have absolutely no intention of letting him have one.

Yeah, I thought showing him dancing around and fist pumping in the promos was a bit too much, but I'm hoping it's some sort of dream sequence.  Louis is a brilliant financial lawyer and I'm so sick of the writers making him out to be the firm's buffoon. 

The way Alex and Sam quibbled, whined, complained and foot stomped about being named partner had me hoping that it would end up with neither one of them having their name on the wall.  They're too full of themselves over what they think they deserve to have that honor.  Katrina deserves it more than them

• Love 5
On 9/19/2018 at 11:18 PM, statsgirl said:

Katherine Heigl is staying?  I thought she was on for just one season.  While I don't dislike her as much as  I did at the start of the season.

It's good to get some background on the Sam/Zane relationship but it should have been earlier in the season. And we never did find out what was in that file, did we?

Poor Louis.  He finally gets the chance to be a father, and now he has to juggle child and career like women do.  Is it really so prestigious to be Dean of the Columbia law school? The professors I know are doing their best to avoid being chair of their departments.

Opinion of the season:  I liked Louis and Sheila handling things like adults, I liked Katrina and Brian handling their relationship like adults, I'm glad Dule Hill is going to play a named partner but I am so over the pissing in the schoolyard legal politics of the show.

Columbia is one of the T14, yes, it is huge

While I agree re Samantha and Alex acting like spoiled children, I actually found myself rather enjoying this episode. And I knew she would pull that chit out of her ass when it became clear Alex would be the one to make name partner. For once I’m glad Donna stepped in and that Louis stepped up.

what I didn’t like was Louis’ chauvinistic attitude toward Sheila becoming dean and working full time. His whole ‘I don’t want some stranger raising my child’ and ‘our daughter will know that you chose her over work’ hit all the wrong notes for me. My mother worked (okay my father wasn’t a name partner at a law firm so she didn’t have a choice) and I turned out just fine. And it’s not like she’d be taking s job that requires long hours. Hell, she could probably take the baby to work with her some days. I mean, I’m glad they worked it out in the end, but it still didn’t sit well.

louis taking both Harvey and Robert to task when he decided to step up was s thing of beauty. More of that Louis next season please. The whiny ‘nobody loves me’ act got old 3 years ago and isn’t a good look for anyone, nevermind a name partner and expectant father.

as for Alex and Sam, honestly they could both leave tomorrow and I wouldn’t miss them. The writers seriously need to tone down both characters if they want me to feel anything other than disgust.

i really Howie how Katrina is being written these days. She’s much more effective than either Alex or Sam.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Sake614 said:

While I agree re Samantha and Alex acting like spoiled children, I actually found myself rather enjoying this episode. And I knew she would pull that chit out of her ass when it became clear Alex would be the one to make name partner. For once I’m glad Donna stepped in and that Louis stepped up.

what I didn’t like was Louis’ chauvinistic attitude toward Sheila becoming dean and working full time. His whole ‘I don’t want some stranger raising my child’ and ‘our daughter will know that you chose her over work’ hit all the wrong notes for me. My mother worked (okay my father wasn’t a name partner at a law firm so she didn’t have a choice) and I turned out just fine. And it’s not like she’d be taking s job that requires long hours. Hell, she could probably take the baby to work with her some days. I mean, I’m glad they worked it out in the end, but it still didn’t sit well.

louis taking both Harvey and Robert to task when he decided to step up was s thing of beauty. More of that Louis next season please. The whiny ‘nobody loves me’ act got old 3 years ago and isn’t a good look for anyone, nevermind a name partner and expectant father.

as for Alex and Sam, honestly they could both leave tomorrow and I wouldn’t miss them. The writers seriously need to tone down both characters if they want me to feel anything other than disgust.

i really Howie how Katrina is being written these days. She’s much more effective than either Alex or Sam.

tbh I was thinking during the part about stranger raising his child "wait doesn't his sister have kids? She is rich, she probably had a nanny!"

• Love 3

I didn't realize this was the mid-season finale. Am still thinking though that this will be the last season.

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. If they were intended to be replacements for Mike and Jessica I think the show has fallen short. Maybe things will be better in the second half of the season, which should begin around March.

• Love 1

I finally watched this one.  I didn't realize that it was the mid-season finale, or whatever we call it.  Overall, I liked it better than most of the episodes this half-season.  That's not really saying much, but there did seem to be actual legal wrangling (some of which sort of made sense) as well as the personal crap that I honestly care less about but which is part of the show.  Alex vs Samantha was annoying as usual, but I'm much better with Louis and Sheila trying to have a baby than trying to meet up and have kinky sex.

I'd wondered how long Robert and Samantha would keep up the "Us vs Them" attitude when they actually all work for the same company now and theoretically have the best interests of the firm in mind.  Apparently they finally figured it out.  But as my son has pointed out to me more than once, this is a show about lawyers.  These are NOT likeable, friendly, or in any other way normal people.  Backstabbing, playing dirty, agreeing on the rules and then cheating as soon as their opponent is out of the room, these are all things we should expect.  True.

I find myself wondering if I actually like any of these people.  I like Alex, or maybe I just like Dule Hill.  But they've tried to present him as a decent guy.  He could've totally wrecked Samantha's career in order to win, but he wouldn't do that.  He found another way.  I like Katrina, or maybe I just think she's pretty.  But again, they've tried to present her as one of the decent ones.  She didn't like the idea of impersonating Samantha, and I honestly thought she caved in too quickly when Donna told her to do it.  But they were running out of time, and Katrina needed to end her crisis of conscious so we could get back to the lying and cheating.

I kinda feel like they took half a season to do what they should've done in maybe two episodes: figure out how the firm of Zane-Specter-Litt will work.  Then they've could've moved on and actually worked together instead of against each other.  But I guess the writers thought that this would be more entertaining.  So that's it until 2019?  Sigh.  I'll be back in 2019.  Who knows?  Lawyers actually working together could be fun too, right?

Edited by Orbert
  • Love 3