Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stonesthrow

Fixing this soap

53 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Can the Boltons  start with PhyllAss?

For a minute I read that as bolt-ons, as in silicone boobs and I was gonna say she's got tube socks with tennis balls in them for boobs so I think hers are real.

• Like 4

I will stay away from the sarcastic, obvious things (like having Jack wake up one day and realize he has been dreaming ever since the original producer/whatever (Bill Bill?) passed away). Stick with what, to me, would make me want to watch again.

Hire an entirely new writing and producing staff.  Find a way to keep some of the vets front and center; introduce newbies gradually.  Quit playing favorites with some of the cast members.  Also..weave Devon into some of the other stories and stop segregating the Winters family. I hate to say this but phase out most of the Rosales family.  Quit showing us "sexy" times between the usual suspects; I am sick to death of it.  Entertain me and make me want to watch this show every day...surprise me sometimes with an unexpected couple...a bit of comedy..realistic business shenanigans.  Sweet Jesus...fire the hairdresser.  I think this has been said before..but I don't need to see the current "leading lady" looking like Mrs. Danvers from the Rebecca movie.  She is shudder worthy.

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Kemper said:

I will stay away from the sarcastic, obvious things (like having Jack wake up one day and realize he has been dreaming ever since the original producer/whatever (Bill Bill?) passed away). Stick with what, to me, would make me want to watch again.

Hire an entirely new writing and producing staff.  Find a way to keep some of the vets front and center; introduce newbies gradually.  Quit playing favorites with some of the cast members.  Also..weave Devon into some of the other stories and stop segregating the Winters family. I hate to say this but phase out most of the Rosales family.  Quit showing us "sexy" times between the usual suspects; I am sick to death of it.  Entertain me and make me want to watch this show every day...surprise me sometimes with an unexpected couple...a bit of comedy..realistic business shenanigans.  Sweet Jesus...fire the hairdresser.  I think this has been said before..but I don't need to see the current "leading lady" looking like Mrs. Danvers from the Rebecca movie.  She is shudder worthy.

Great post!

Phyllis does sexy about as convincingly as Mrs. Danvers does sane.

Mal, Why don't you go?

Look down there. It's easy, isn't it? Why don't you? Why don't you? Go on. Go on. Don't be afraid...and take Phyllis with you.......

• Like 7

I'm hoping that with Mal gone, some things can now go back to the way there were before he came along. 

1. Bring back Paul, make him in charge of the police station, and give the poor man back his office. 

2. Dial back on Rey Rey and Mia and Arturo. Lola can stay as I like her. 

3. Put Jack back as CEO of Jabot. I hate this "woman power rah rah" thing going on with Phyllis as CEO, Lauren as her second in command, and the scientist coming in third. Jack = Jabot. Lauren belongs at Fenmore's, and I don't care about the chemist one way or another. 

4. While I like the new secretary dude, I miss Gloria. Bring her back on the show, even if she's not working at Jabot. 

That's all I have for now. Thoughts?

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I'm hoping that with Mal gone, some things can now go back to the way there were before he came along. 

1. Bring back Paul, make him in charge of the police station, and give the poor man back his office. 

2. Dial back on Rey Rey and Mia and Arturo. Lola can stay as I like her. 

3. Put Jack back as CEO of Jabot. I hate this "woman power rah rah" thing going on with Phyllis as CEO, Lauren as her second in command, and the scientist coming in third. Jack = Jabot. Lauren belongs at Fenmore's, and I don't care about the chemist one way or another. 

4. While I like the new secretary dude, I miss Gloria. Bring her back on the show, even if she's not working at Jabot. 

That's all I have for now. Thoughts?

I miss Gloria, too.  I don't think they can bring her back...isn't she supposed to be on another soap now?  The new secretary is a good add.  Give Michael more legal work; maybe hire a new actor to play Kevin.  The Baldwins were always interesting.  And lastly, and always, do better by The Winters Family!  That would mean getting rid of Cane.  Oh!  How about Jacob Young? Granted, I don't know much about the actor but he is apparently experienced and is looking for a job.  Winning.  

Yes, Jack needs to be running Jabot;  Phyllis can go back to work for Lauren.  Maybe keep Arturo and Lola; although Arturo doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than being with Abby.   

Paul and Ashley need to be brought back; maybe give Ashley a brain tumor that would explain her horrible exit.    

• Like 6