Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Brandon Armstrong

• Start Topic

Brandon Armstrong was born and raised in California and then moved to Utah where he began dancing at the age of 12 and trained with Mark Ballas, Corky Ballas and Shirley Ballas. Trained in all styles including jazz, hip hop and contemporary, he has traveled all over the world to compete professionally, specifically in Latin Ballroom. He has also been seen in Showstoppers at the Wynn Hotel and Baz at the Palazzo Hotel, both in Las Vegas. Brandon officially joined the cast of Dancing with the Stars as a troupe member for season 24 and has spent the last 3 seasons in this role. In addition, Brandon has appeared in the Dancing with the Stars: Live! Light Up the Night tour.

Dancing with Tinashe for Season 27!

Seriously, if this is the "personality" we are going to get in large doses from him throughout the season, then he is going to turn people off to him and Tinashe in a big big way.

Dial it back man, at least a few notches.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
5 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Seriously, if this is the "personality" we are going to get in large doses from him throughout the season, then he is going to turn people off to him and Tinashe in a big big way.

Dial it back man, at least a few notches.

Brandon has amazing personality, im confused on what ur talking about from that clip. He was just answering a question.

• Love 3

brandon is an amazing dancer with a great personality. his first season as a pro and he gets tinashe? damn. they are definitely gonna be a killer duo. if they really want to win, he really needs to bring it with the choreo and they need to win over everyone. 

• Love 3

Evidently, tptb wants Brandon to do well on his season as pro to get someone with the caliber of Tinesha. She is basically younger janet jackson with her moves, very professional and intricate. She is like a mixture Nicole S. and Maya from seasons ago. She is going to slay and im sure Brandon is not going shortchange her with choreography and content. They already seem to have a great connection from the interviews and videos I have seen of them, translate to the dancing and to the audience then they can easily go far and maybe even win. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Evidently, tptb wants Brandon to do well on his season as pro to get someone with the caliber of Tinesha. She is basically younger janet jackson with her moves, very professional and intricate. She is like a mixture Nicole S. and Maya from seasons ago. She is going to slay and im sure Brandon is not going shortchange her with choreography and content. They already seem to have a great connection from the interviews and videos I have seen of them, translate to the dancing and to the audience then they can easily go far and maybe even win. 

brandon said that he is trained in all styles and he wants to show that in his choreography. he is not gonna take away from the traditional stuff but he will push boundaries. he said that there is not a couple like him and tinashe. that makes me excited.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, tedd said:

brandon said that he is trained in all styles and he wants to show that in his choreography. he is not gonna take away from the traditional stuff but he will push boundaries. he said that there is not a couple like him and tinashe. that makes me excited.

Im excited to, with derek and mark out dwts was in need of some serious change up with choreography and surprises. I think Brandon will bring new and fresh ideas. He is young and versatile, not just a ballroom brat.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't know anything about this guy, but if they gave him a ringer in his first season he must have potential. I'm looking forward to seeing this couple.

He and Brittany Cherry won DWTS kid battle around 2007.  So he's been doing ballroom for awhile.  Like the other Utah ballroom dancers, he's also cross trained.  I'm excited to see what he and Tinashe can do.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, realdancemom said:

He and Brittany Cherry won DWTS kid battle around 2007.  So he's been doing ballroom for awhile.  Like the other Utah ballroom dancers, he's also cross trained.  I'm excited to see what he and Tinashe can do.

He's THAT Brandon?  No wonder he's showing so much potential as a newbie -- I remember the Paso Doble that he and Brittany did on the kid battle ten years ago.  As I recall, they were only about 16 or so, but their Paso was so sophisticated and adult that it made my jaw drop -- and the judges', too!

• Love 3