Type keyword(s) to search

TDS 3.0: Season Four Talk

• Start Topic

I have to ask . . . are the devices that generate wind power called “windmills”? Mentally, I default to Holland. Watching the president shoot his mouth off was painful to watch. Did not think he’d have a grudge stemming from windmills ruining his golf courses’ aesthetic. I will say coal is tangible, perfect for hucking at someone you don’t like.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I have to ask . . . are the devices that generate wind power called “windmills”? Mentally, I default to Holland. Watching the president shoot his mouth off was painful to watch. Did not think he’d have a grudge stemming from windmills ruining his golf courses’ aesthetic. I will say coal is tangible, perfect for hucking at someone you don’t like.

Technically, they are called turbines.  And they are manufactured in Iowa, unlike the POTUS's lie that they are made in China.  Thousands of Iowans are employed in the wind turbine industry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Hooper said:

I consider last night's episode a half hour well spent just for Trevor's reference to Spanky's "Fibbit" counting his 10,000 lies per day.

And his "unlimited lying plan from Verizon".

• Love 7

OK, what the actual fuck was that with Ronny's hair? I was too distracted by that to notice anything else. I kept thinking it was going to jump off of his head.

You know Trev, it's seems less of a Jussie Smolet type hoax and more likely the typical weapons grade stupid that is Louie Gohmert.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

OK, what the actual fuck was that with Ronny's hair? I was too distracted by that to notice anything else. I kept thinking it was going to jump off of his head.

Yes, I was distracted at first, but soon realized that that hairstyle is popular among Asian pop stars. I was thinking that Ronny might have grown the hair for a movie part, this might hint  that there might be a sequel to Crazy, Rich, Asians.

I wasn’t paying attention at the beginning of the show, and didn’t know who the guest was last night. When Trevor intro’ed the guest with “one of the most influential people of our time” I thought he was laying it on a bit thick, and wondered who could possibly live up to that into. And then it was Oprah, and I went “Oh, guess he was right”

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dunno why Trevor asked her if she’d run for President. When Michael Moore put out a book around 2003, he suggested the same thing, along the lines of “She can’t be bought and she could do her show from the White House on a much higher level.” That made sense to me.

I need to search all of Roy’s Leo Deblin clips. It’s the low-rent effects that make it great. Also, the jingle.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:48 AM, AnimeMania said:

Yes, I was distracted at first, but soon realized that that hairstyle is popular among Asian pop stars. I was thinking that Ronny might have grown the hair for a movie part, this might hint  that there might be a sequel to Crazy, Rich, Asians.

BTS is doing SNL this weekend, so I’ll see if that theory has merit. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I need to search all of Roy’s Leo Deblin clips. It’s the low-rent effects that make it great. Also, the jingle.

You can get that from your mama!

• LOL 1

She's pretty cool.

I actually liked Assange's cat wearing those collars and ties. Like Trevor said, the cat probably didn't, but I thought it was cute.

I hadn't seen the video of Assange being carried out, so I was puzzled as to what the joke was when Trevor was carried out. Then I was, "Ohhhhhh."

So, by Trevor's account, Drumpf would be on top of Biden in an actual physical fight. Personally, I'd put a crapload of money on Joe easily beat the shit out of that out of shape fat bastard. He'd have plenty of righteous fury inside of him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Victor the Crab said:

So, by Trevor's account, Drumpf would be on top of Biden in an actual physical fight. Personally, I'd put a crapload of money on Joe easily beat the shit out of that out of shape fat bastard. He'd have plenty of righteous fury inside of him.

They both talk big. Biden looks like he could stand on his feet for several minutes without help.

Has anyone kept a tally of all the inserted “nominees” in the “World War D” segments? You know, the faces in the last box? Last night, of course, it was Thanos.

• Love 1

I don't agree with stay off social media to avoid spoilers. It is a little bit part of my job. It's a lot of bit of other people's jobs. Yes, don't click on the comments section on a post. That's your own fault. 

But one of my so called friends just posted a pic of everyone that died on GOT. It was like 14 hours. EW had a video clip of the end of the episode that automatically started playing. 

If you're telling people to stay off social media, it's just as dumb to tell media outlets not to post stories about the episode/movie. 

There used to be a funny video about this with actors from Galactica, Dexter, and The Wire. I'm surprised no one dug it up. 

I'm also still not really buying people just 'switched from Obama to Trump' either. That seems overly simplistic. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3

From Monday's show: I actually was in Philadelphia exactly two months ago to attend a Toronto FC away match. Myself and a few fellow supporters took an Uber to take us to the Union's stadium, which is in Chester Pa., and back. So when Trevor named Philadelphia first among the list of cities Uber drivers plan on striking this month, all I can think of is "Weren't we fortunate."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Omg I died laughing when Trevor did the subway announcer voice! 😂

31 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

All those accents. Be still my heart. 

Loved the subway bit, too. 

Trevor is so skilled with accents. I especially love when he does various African accents. He knows the regional accents very well--we can even do working class vs. rich people accents. 

• Love 5

I know it was a bit, but Desi eating all the candy and the driver getting upset was very funny. And then running away from him. 

I actually liked the piece because I don't use Uber et al., and just use taxis. Though I've been with people who do and I just get in the car because I'm not that principled. Typically, if I can't get a shared van ride at the airport, I'll just go to the taxi stand, and hail one. You get in, get to the hotel and done. (Pro-tip though - at the Las Vegas airport, tell them to not take you through the tunnel.) 

I did like the cabbie ranting about the ratings because I think it's a little much too. 

• Useful 1

I wasn't a fan of Desi's segment. I felt really bad for the Uber driver.

The thing about Wendy's bringing back spicy chicken nuggets because Chance the Rapper tweeted about it makes me want someone famous to tweet that Jack-in-the-Box should bring back lemon turnovers. I loved those.

I loved the bit where instead of sitting at lunch counters, the protesters ordered out. *Ding dong* "Surprise! I'm black! Heh!"

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I wasn't a fan of Desi's segment. I felt really bad for the Uber driver.

I think it was a bit. The guy was in on it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Trump losing billions shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but it amazes me that people actually don't care. Let's ask those farmers what they think. 

Trevor looked like he was having WAY too much fun with the Bernie footage. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Trevor looked like he was having WAY too much fun with the Bernie footage. 

Turns out Bernie is a second cousin to Doc Brown. They both look damn near the same after three decades.

Lovely to see Fox & Friends make excuses. "He's so successful, he can afford to lose that much money!" 🙄🙄🙄

I can't see Steven Mnuchin without hearing John Oliver call him a "sex god" because there's a resemblance between those two. Please don't let me be the only one thinking this.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think it was a bit. The guy was in on it. 

I got the opposite impression.

As far as Trump "losing" a billion dollars over those years, I believe the article says that it's likely he claimed losses that actually belonged to the banks who held the loans.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Desi's special was very interesting, but I hate the character she plays-- it's not funny at all. I wish she'd either find funnier schtick or just drop it and give us the genuinely interesting info schtickless.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought Desi's special was very interesting, but I hate the character she plays-- it's not funny at all. I wish she'd either find funnier schtick or just drop it and give us the genuinely interesting info schtickless.

Yes.  I don't find her shtick particularly funny, but the subject she covered was fascinating.  I'm looking at Iceland and Namibia in a whole new light.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Oh, Ben...you silly man. You don't deserve this position at all. Probably truck driver, but not HUD.

Sleepy Ben Carson, behind the wheel of a truck. Surely, nothing bad could possibly happen! 🙄😜

Meanwhile, nunchucks are legal in NYC. At least the correspondents tried to liven it up, with Ronnie donning the tight yellow jumpsuit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/22/2019 at 12:12 PM, Lantern7 said:

Meanwhile, nunchucks are legal in NYC. At least the correspondents tried to liven it up, with Ronnie donning the tight yellow jumpsuit.

Ahem. I believe you mean numbchucks...

• Love 1
(edited)

They're going to start calling Pelosi Speaker of the Shade soon. Wow, though, the more she digs in the more Trump acts like a 12 y/o. 

The congress lady saying 'do you know what that is' was so condescending. 

Trevor doing Carson is never not funny. 

Here's the thing - I can do certain things well too. That's why I was hired at my job. Real estate isn't one of them. Just because you do one thing doesn't mean you can do all of them. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4

I appreciate how the media usually refers to Carson with such breathless reverence as a former brain surgeon. Silly viewers couldn't possibly understand "neurosurgeon."

Even considering his former career as a motivational speaker, I have to believe he was a much different person in his younger years than the befuddled slow-talker we see now.

(As was I btw, but my word-finding difficulty and forgetfulness do not affect national policy.)

• LOL 3
On 5/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, 2727 said:

Even considering his former career as a motivational speaker, I have to believe he was a much different person in his younger years than the befuddled slow-talker we see now.

I saw him speak several times as a college student and medical student, and he was one of the most intelligent, engaging, and inspiring speakers I’ve ever seen. I don’t know who this sleepy mumbler is that I see today. On a serious note, I wonder if Ben Carson ever had a stroke or if he could he have early-onset dementia. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just don't agree with the logic behind not indicting a sitting president. You can't just say something is unconstitutional and it is. The only way that has any legal binding is if there's a court ruling. I'm sure DOJ believes what they say, but that only makes it a thing that people say. 

So the bottom line is Mueller was never going to produce any definitive conclusion. You can't say the 'report clearly speaks for itself' when it obviously was not. 

• Love 1

From Tuesday night, I love when Trevor made the fake news declaration if a sumo wrestler had fallen on Trump - "The President has been smushed."

Mueller's statement, "If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so," is understandable, but you might have to work at it. Unfortunately, I believe many people only heard, "the president did not commit a crime." I'm sure Mueller chose his words very carefully, but surely there's a clearer way to say this. I think he's overestimating the intelligence of the average American.

As far as the value of the Report, my understanding is that his team did the investigation. He expects Congress to carry the ball now.

Ronnie Chang's segment wasn't all that funny, not in his usually dependable way.

2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I'm sure Mueller chose his words very carefully, but surely there's a clearer way to say this. I think he's overestimating the intelligence of the average American.

I think he was walking a tight line of his own making to cover his own ass when he gets dragged in front of congress. 

Democrat candidates need to stfu about impeachment and let Pelosi do her job. Or one of them will be losing in 2020. There's like 50 billion state investigations still ongoing. 

The media isn't helping either. They've got as much nuance as a sledgehammer. 

What does the House impeaching the president get? Absolutely fucking nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if McConnell just refused to hold the vote. It's not like he gives three fucks about the constitution. 

Neil is spot on too. 

• Love 3