Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E22: Live Results Finale (Wednesday's Show)

• Start Topic

Because of this show's history of having way too many singers, I always half watch this show so I don't get annoyed at the end that I wasted too much time on it.  This season I did that, and I did notice throughout that less singers were making it through the voting rounds, which gave me hope.  But after seeing the one guy leave at #5, I was shocked because as you all said, they kept giving him the story, the pimp spot, they even got Garth involved, etc, I figured we were doomed to see him as the winner.  And Shin Lim winning was the icing on the cake as he was always my favorite from the shows I did see.  I don't know what happened after all of these years, as America is terrible at voting talent through in this show, and this year, they didn't do half bad!  :-)

• Love 5

I think there were more than a few contestants that thought they had this won.

To see a dance act and a magician standing there at the end was wonderful.

I do not like to hear all about everyone's trials and tribulations.  It's a talent show, not Oprah.  Trying to tug at my heart strings to get votes just pisses me off.

• Love 9

Was KISS ever a "cool" band or have they always been "that thing my Dad likes", even 40 years ago? I initially thought they were tarnishing some of their "cred" by appearing on a talent show such as this, but they've been on Idol as well.

They were legitimately cool in the 70's.  Then it became kind of cool to be too cool to like them, then they became that band your older cousin liked, then  they were the band your parents liked because they wanted to prove they were still cool. 

Parents used to HATE them (again, 1970's), which helped.

Congratulations, Shin Lim!  You're as good as they come.

Someone please offer Glennis Grace a modeling contract along with a record contract.  She might turn it down, but it makes sense to offer.  (And maybe she needs a group to sing with; she sounded even better blended with Bebe Rexha--and I liked the original of "Meant to Be".)

Have a great year, everyone, and if you're not back next year, I hope to see you somewhere.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Neet said:

Was KISS ever a "cool" band or have they always been "that thing my Dad likes", even 40 years ago? I initially thought they were tarnishing some of their "cred" by appearing on a talent show such as this, but they've been on Idol as well.

Yes, they were actually cool back in the late 70's!  I remember when they came out with the song 'Beth' and how mad some of their fans were that they did a ballad.  I was indifferent to them at the time, but found it funny to see some of my male classmates lose their shit over that one song!  Gene Simmons had his own reality show a few years ago and he and his family were kind of fun to watch.  I believe that it's because of Gene's business savvy that he's kept himself (and probably the band) in the green all of these years through merchandising, etc.  He's a pretty smart guy in that sense.  I do find it funny though to see men of their age still getting into their KISS costumes and makeup.  I expected one of them to fall in those platform shoes!  

• Love 1

Shocked -- and pleased -- that America got it right this time. I would've been happy with any of the top 4 winning. It was such a relief to see the "pimped ones" voted off before the top 4 -- the judges and producers need to take some lessons from Shin Lim if they want to improve their "sleight of hand.".  

But I hope they don't, because I'm happy to see the voters ignore the blatant manipulation and vote for better, more talented contestants. 

• Love 6

Quoting myself from the show thread because I am just shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that Ameriker got this so right! The pimping completely backfired, hahahaha!

I would totally be happy with any of these three winning: Brian King Joseph, Zurcaroh, and my fave, Shin Lim (and he's totally sexy, I'm a straight woman, I would know).

I could live with Glennis Grace, Duo Transcend, or Samuel J. Comroe winning.

Would hate if they won with the fire of a thousand burning nuns (TWoP): Courtney Hadwin or Michael Kettering

No Chance in Hell so I don't even have to address the possibility: Vicki Barbolak and Daniel Emmet

So so happy!

On a less positive note, it is BEYOND annoying that all of these reality shows drag out the vote until the last possible second and leave absolutely no room for any celebration or a little bit of comments from the judges. Hey idiots, we voted for the person, we like them, we would like to see them celebrated for more than 0.4 seconds. We promise we won't change the channel. We're not that frickin' fickle for crying out loud!

Edited by Kelloggirl
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, bluepiano said:

Michael Ketterer is not a good singer. Period. Hope he enjoys his appearance at Notre Dame. I mean his "sold out" appearance. (He  sure sounded a little cocky for a saint).

Again, Ha! I'm sure the reason for that show being sold out is because of Garth Brooks, and not Ketterer.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/2018/09/18/garth-brooks-asks-americas-got-talent-michael-ketterer-sing-notre-dame-show/1343644002/

• Love 6

The more Simon pimped out Michael, the more I hated him. He might have been a good singer, but I wouldn't give him a chance. He reminded me of the chicken catcher guy who won many seasons ago. He'll come out of this just fine. He's singing with Garth Brooks at a sold out show, dontcha know. When he came in 5th his face was priceless also. That's what happens when Simon thinks you're the second coming of Jesus.

I disliked Courtney from the beginning and it was priceless watching Simon & Howie's faces when they were pitted against each other.

Shin Lim was awesome and deserved to win. I liked Zurcaroh too.

Overall I could of started watching at 8:30 and been just as happy.

Edited by funandfitpt
  • Love 8

I kind of think Michael will be forgotten.  I think he is the kind of contestant that needs to win to get noticed long term.  Whereas Shin Lim, and some others don't need the win.  Michael might have some short term opportunities, but I don't think his voice will carry him for the long term.  Plus if his story is to father those children and be a nurse, then why would he want a singing career?  If that is your "story", it seems odd you would just want to leave your family and travel for your career.  Not saying I wanted him to win, at all, I just don't think he will go very far with this career.

• Love 7

My friend's daughter is a big fan of Courtney, but when she tried to vote by phone, she couldn't get through. She started trying right after Tuesday's show until after midnight and got up at six a.m. yesterday to try again. She got a busy signal every time. I find it hard to believe there were that many calls being made for Courtney, especially since she didn't even make the top five. It makes me question the whole voting process. 

• Love 2

I thought it was hilarious when Tyra announced that Michael came in fifth with her sing-songy voice and then acted surprised at all the boos.  I think she thought she was announcing the winner or something.  It was also funny because of his "golden boy" status that she sounded so happy to announce him out at fifth.  I think a producer talked to her about her tone of voice, because all the rest of the eliminated acts she sounded more subdued.  Tyra is just so very bad at hosting.  I don't even know why she is allowed to stay.  I hope for a SERIOUS overhaul next year by getting rid of at LEAST half of the judges and get a new host.  

I am glad that a non-singer won.  I can appreciate the skill that Shin Lim has, but I found watching his acts on TV boring.  I am SO glad Courtney didn't win.  I was impressed her very first performance, but then I read about how fake she was and also thought all her subsequent performances were terrible.  She's just horribly screechy and sounded so bad.  I actually really like that song by The Struts and thought she ruined it.  She sounded a little better going into the Janis Joplin song, but she just sounds like a terrible cover band. 

• Love 5

Yeah, Courtney was pretty bad.  I just didn't get it watching her last two performances.  I can see how maybe she is "surprising" on the first time, but after that you have to change things up as that kind of routine would get super old fast.

• Love 2

Congratulations to Shin Lim on his win!!  Very deserving.  And congratulations to the voters as well.  We were so pleasantly surprised to see the top 4 were all acts we really liked!  So did not expect that to happen.  :)

Some random thoughts:

I have liked Daniel Emmet all along, but hearing him sing with Placido Domingo showed how much more work he needs to do on training his voice.  Placido is deservedly one of the greats, and Daniel didn't embarrass himself by singing with him, but it was clear who the real pro was.

We appear to be about the only ones who genuinely enjoyed Mel B's "comedy" act.  The whole thing was silly but enjoyable.  Although I honestly was a bit sorry that Samuel didn't get to do another set of his own.  We have liked him all along and find him to be genuinely amusing and funny.  

We also appear to be about the only ones who enjoy Heidi.  She can be a bit of a ditz at times, but we love her enthusiasm when she is asked to take part in an act.  She just seems like a real good sport.

Having Courtney sing a Janis Joplin song just really brought home how much she is *not* Janis Joplin or even close to being Janis Joplin.  :(

We did not care for Tyra at first, but she grew on us over the past few years.  At times she's a bit much, but she's mostly enjoyable.  However, Hans as host would be worth a shot.

Both of us had the same reaction to Garth Brooks writing a song for Michael.  We wanted to hear Garth sing it.  It was a nothingburger coming from Michael.

Loved Brian and Linsdsay playing together.  That was great.

Vickie was at her funniest when paired with David Spade.  Make of that what you will.

It's funny, but while the season overall has been somewhat lackluster, we felt the finale was one of the better ones we can remember.  And this was honestly the most satisfying top 4 ever.  For us at least.  Your mileage may vary.

Until next season!

• Love 6

Just a reminder, Michael already has a singing career. He has several albums out and professionally produced videos. I believe his albums are mostly Christian based. He probably is looking to break out into the mainstream. I think I saw him playing the piano in the video I watched. I wondered why he didn't want to play and sing at the same time. I imagine they told him not to. 

• Love 4

Mr SD and I were so happy last night... shocked but happy. Any of the top 4 winning would have been great. :) MrSD wanted Shin Lim from the  beginning... which is  not unusual, he really liked the football player/magician (was that last season?)

I will confess... I watched Michael K.’s face when he was announced as 5th about 10 times... rewind, watch, rewind, watch, GRIN. And agree with OP as well... I was shocked when Courtney and Michael were the last 2 standing, I kinda expected both of them to be in the Top 5. 

Maybe the PTB at AGT will figure out that most of the viewers are tired of singers and want more variety acts. 

I have enjoyed reading the snark/comments this season. You guys always make me laugh. And I will see some of you at the DWTS forum.

• Love 5

Yay for Shin! I was thrilled with his win. I would've been happy for Zucaroh too. They really put on an amazing show. Using a limber child for a jump rope has got to count for something in this country.

Can't believe the season is over, went by so darn quick and that's not bec I ffw'd a metric ton of useless rabble or maybe it is...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyMustang65 said:

However, Hans as host would be worth a shot.

Hee. I actually liked that entire segment of the show with some of the more eccentric past guests and how their lives had supposedly "changed" since the show. The humor was corny as all get out, but apparently hubby and I like that kind of stuff, because we both smiled great big smiles through that entire segment... and we got to see Hans again, so bonus.

I was pleasantly surprised by the top 4.

And in a way - though I'm sure winning would have been nice for them and I could've gotten behind their win also - I could imagine that the logistics for Zurcaroh getting the win might have been a bit daunting. Whereas with Shin Lim winning, it will be just him and maybe some of his family going to Las Vegas for his show, with Zurcaroh that would have been what, maybe 40 or 50 families that might've had to be disrupted to move to Las Vegas or to make arrangements for family members to be away from the family for a while. Many of the children might've had to take off time from school and/or give up their summer vacation to do a show, and coordinating the schedules and lives of all of those members would've been a messy task I would imagine. I would've felt badly for any of them who wouldn't be able to be part of the actual Vegas show for whatever reason.

This way, maybe with the exposure Zurcaroh got from the show, they might get the opportunity to do a few shows more on their own terms without having to be locked into a Vegas contract that might disrupt the lives of some of the performers and maybe their families for an unknown amount of time.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Desert Dweller said:

I humbly submit what I believe to be a pretty cool thought.  Vicki Barbolak to replace Roseanne on the series reboot as her cousin.

That's a hard no from me.

I'd like to keep watching the show. I had a hard enough time doing that with Roseanne on the show. There's no way I could watch with Vicki.

JMO and all that good stuff.  :-)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Again, Ha! I'm sure the reason for that show being sold out is because of Garth Brooks, and not Ketterer.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/2018/09/18/garth-brooks-asks-americas-got-talent-michael-ketterer-sing-notre-dame-show/1343644002/

Thanks for digging that up. He definitely gave the impression that it was his show.

4 hours ago, Kelloggirl said:

On a less positive note, it is BEYOND annoying that all of these reality shows drag out the vote until the last possible second and leave absolutely no room for any celebration or a little bit of comments from the judges. Hey idiots, we voted for the person, we like them, we would like to see them celebrated for more than 0.4 seconds. We promise we won't change the channel. We're not that frickin' fickle for crying out loud!

My exact thought. The announcement of the winner is the pay off for a very long season and it should be played for all it's worth. Instead, after two hours of filler, much of it cringeworthy (Mel B in a onesie reading jokes), we have to watch the reaction of the winner as the credits are rolling. No time for interviews or comments. Terrible planning and time management.

All the results shows are boring, so thank goodness I tape them and can fast forward through to the elimination announcements. Considering that the final announcement show is two hours, they could've reserved at least five minutes to celebrate the winner.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, parisprincess said:

My friend's daughter is a big fan of Courtney, but when she tried to vote by phone, she couldn't get through. She started trying right after Tuesday's show until after midnight and got up at six a.m. yesterday to try again. She got a busy signal every time. I find it hard to believe there were that many calls being made for Courtney, especially since she didn't even make the top five. It makes me question the whole voting process. 

Something was going on. If you read "readalots" experience of the live tapings this week and last he said last week there was extra pimping for courtney and this week none at all. Also notice Howie didnt mention her winning anymore on the show or in interviews, she didn't get the pimp spot, she wasn't featured much in the promos etc. Now that you tell me this it just adds to the mystery. I am not saying the win was taken away or anything, but it was obvious the show was not pimping her all of a sudden and all the attention shifted to Michael.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 3

After a long season of dreck and terrible viewing, all of a sudden I found the finale to be ... wait for it ... good!

1. I couldn't believe or be happier that the singers were all trashcanned, especially Ketterer. I swear, he's not the nice guy he's been portrayed to be. But good on him for inviting Garth Brooks to perform at Ketterer's SOLD OUT show at Notre Dame. He's so generous.

2. I watch American Ninja Warrior and I can pronounce Akbar's name. Maybe Tyra should have practiced, or had it phonetically on a cue card or something.

3. I'm not sure what Akbar and Matt had to do with being part of Shin's card trick. It would have been hilarious if they had been commentators for Duo Transcend or Zurcaroh. I would even pay to see that.

4. Akbar is gigantic, as anyone who saw him run the ANW course knows. He made Shim look ultra teeny tiny in perspective during that act. Still, I loved it. I can watch Shin for hours. And, as another poster said, he would be great in a shampoo commercial. I'd watch that too.

5. Because Garth Brooks "wrote" that song (with "assist" from his song writer), I actually listened to it. I didn't like it. I didn't like anything about it. Maybe it needed Garth singing it. I did go to Amazon to try and find Garth's free download album and did not find it.

6. Ketterer against Courtney was a real WTF unbelievable moment for which I thank the show and the voters.

7. Duo Transcend got snarked on all season for being boring while they spin and somersault through the air and hold each other by the foot with one hand. That's so hilarious when I think about it, all of us being bored by and critical of their aeronautics while we lay on the couch eating Doritos.

8. I got a total charge out of Zurcaroh lifting Shin up and carrying him around at the end. I actually LOL'd at that, it was spontaneous and too funny.

9. And Shin doing his best Stefan imitation was priceless.

10. Thanks show and viewers for letting the finale save this ghastly season. See ya'll around the threads.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, lynxfx said:

One comment about Brian King Joseph. I love his personality and think he is talented but the whole season I've felt that his violin has sounded off. Like all the notes were flat. I used to chalk that up to NBC having terrible sound production, however tonight with Lindsey Stirling, she sounded great. Hearing them play side by side you could tell how clean and pure her sound was compared to BKJ. My wife has brought up the off sound during his performances in the past as well. As a performer, he still nails it.

The "off" sound was definitely noticed. I believe it was due to two things: NBC's bad sound mixing and broadcasting, and the fact that BKJ played a digital violin that inherently has a "shrill" and "cold" sound, compared to a regular, wood violin whose sound is usually very "soft" and "warm".

• Love 3
1 hour ago, anthonyd46 said:

I am not saying the win was taken away or anything, but it was obvious the show was not pimping her all of a sudden and all the attention shifted to Michael.

But yet they still couldn't push him past fifth place. Shin winning rescued this dreadful season for me, but so did the two most pimped contestants coming in fifth and sixth. (Actually, I guess we don't really know where Courtney finished, do we? She could possibly have been even lower).

Interesting choice by the producers to pair them together for the elimination to produce a big WTF? moment. Do we think the judges were truly shocked or did they have advance notice?

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I couldn't believe or be happier that the singers were all trashcanned, especially Ketterer. I swear, he's not the nice guy he's been portrayed to be. But good on him for inviting Garth Brooks to perform at Ketterer's SOLD OUT show at Notre Dame. He's so generous.

I'm with you. I get that same feeling that Ketterer is not all he's cracked up to be. Maybe it's just because I'm old and cynical, but in my experience, when someone seems too good to be true it's because they really aren't.

Although you're right. It was very kind of him to give Garth Brooks a much needed career boost.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

Do we think the judges were truly shocked or did they have advance notice?

Music person here.  Wish I could cite this, but I can't.  Since '02 with Idol's inception I've watched and read up on every episode of every season of The Voice, American Idol, and AGT.  Somewhere I came across the fact that the judges DO know the outcome ahead of time.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

Somewhere I came across the fact that the judges DO know the outcome ahead of time.

I believe they know the outcome of all the voting all season long. That's so they can have their scripted reactions and lines ready, and speeches prepared to give the winners/losers. It's especially noticeable on AGT when judges vote for those two acts "tied," and two judges vote this way, two judges vote that way. DRAH-MAH you know, as the credits roll. Which will get to stay, which will go? So predictable.

There's no way TPTB would let the real stars of AGT (the judges) sit there unprepared.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stompster said:

The "off" sound was definitely noticed. I believe it was due to two things: NBC's bad sound mixing and broadcasting, and the fact that BKJ played a digital violin that inherently has a "shrill" and "cold" sound, compared to a regular, wood violin whose sound is usually very "soft" and "warm".

Yeah I bet it is mostly the difference between wood and electric. Guess we enjoy the natural sound from a wood violin. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Readalot said:

Thanks!  I even searched AGT and got nothing. 

You're welcome.  I think they just put this article up there.  It's certainly not front and center.  ;)  Shin Lim sounds like a very nice guy, very sweet and humble, focused and motivated.  See the second to the last paragraph:  the finalists will be in the Vegas show as well.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I couldn't believe or be happier that the singers were all trashcanned, especially Ketterer. I swear, he's not the nice guy he's been portrayed to be.

Even though I disliked him the whole season, I find this depressing - like the producers tried to convince everyone that this one guy somehow was more than a regular guy (since everyone has their dark side too). Maybe it comes from wanting/hoping that people or life in general is only good, but I think a lot about stuff like that. Don't mean to get overly philosophical in a thread dedicated to being snarky to contestants, hah.

5 hours ago, Babalooie said:

Music person here.  Wish I could cite this, but I can't.  Since '02 with Idol's inception I've watched and read up on every episode of every season of The Voice, American Idol, and AGT.  Somewhere I came across the fact that the judges DO know the outcome ahead of time.

I think the judges/producers have far more control over the outcome than the viewers do - you can usually determine the standouts really early on in the show, talent aside.

• Love 1

Did anyone else find Tyra's comment after Michael Ketterer lost inappropraite?  She said "I don't know what just happened."  Um, he lost Tyra.  Why is that more shocking that any other contestant losing?  Are you shocked because he was the chosen one?  And Simon with his "we're not done."  He didn't say that to anyone else.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I thought it was hilarious when Tyra announced that Michael came in fifth with her sing-songy voice and then acted surprised at all the boos.  I think she thought she was announcing the winner or something. 

I saw an interview where a TV entertainment news host was in the audience and he said the way Tyra announced it was confusing to the audience.  Her enthusiastic "you came in 5th" made it sound like she was announcing who'd won.  I didn't think that Michael reacted as if he were entitled.  I thought he looked confused, as I posted earlier.  That would've been a WTF moment for me too if I had been a contestant on that stage. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CelticBlackCat said:

You're welcome.  I think they just put this article up there.  It's certainly not front and center.  ;)  Shin Lim sounds like a very nice guy, very sweet and humble, focused and motivated.  See the second to the last paragraph:  the finalists will be in the Vegas show as well.

People probably wrote two huge articles - all ready to go.  One on Michael and one on Courtney.  When neither won, they had nothing and probably had to scramble. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

7. Duo Transcend got snarked on all season for being boring while they spin and somersault through the air and hold each other by the foot with one hand. That's so hilarious when I think about it, all of us being bored by and critical of their aeronautics while we lay on the couch eating Doritos.

Hey, I was eating Cheetos, thank you very much.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Stompster said:

I always thought it was more BKJ was just not a very clean violin player (In fairness, probably his condition makes it hard).  In a lot of performances he sounded flat when he plays fast (which is common for violin players).

Dude however has a lot of charisma, and radiates a lot of energy.  I can see the audience eating it up.

• Love 1

In Tuesday's thread I asked this question: Will Simon change his shirt for tomorrow's show?

The answer: NO.

WTH. I hope the guy at least takes shower and brushes his teeth before he puts the same clothes back on. Although on second thought, I guess that doesn't matter to me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, yankeefan said:

And Simon with his "we're not done."  He didn't say that to anyone else.

With all the shows he's been on, he'll always say to contestants "I really believe in you, you have a future" or whatever, yet he's never offered any help, despite being in the most capable position of helping anybody. It'll be interesting to see if Michael has a career after this, since AGT contestants are usually forgotten by the viewers really quickly.

• Love 4

Article in USA Today.  Specifically describing how Simon's advice helped :).

"After the quarterfinals, he told me I needed to get away from the (card) table, to move away from being small and get bigger," Lim told USA TODAY moments after his victory at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Wednesday. "That kind of stayed in my brain. And I'm thinking, 'I've got to try something bigger if I'm going to do well on this show.'"

• Love 3

re Courtney, I knew I had read this article somewhere, but it took me a couple of minutes to find it:

https://www.insideedition.com/americas-got-talent-contestant-courtney-hadwin-faces-backlash-over-fact-shes-not-american-46928

I don't particularly agree with people that feel that way, but living in middle America, I see the attitude. It's kind of weird to me that none of the judges are native Americans, I thought Howie was naturalized, and I really don't know about Mel or Heidi, don't think Simon is, but frankly, it's none of my business. How I feel about a lot of them. And there have been previous winners who were not citizens of the US.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 1

Oh, what a glorious day! Michael came in fifth, Courtney came in no higher than sixth, the top four had zero singers, and Shin took it home! I went into this expecting to be completely disappointed and yet this was probably the best outcome possible for an otherwise lackluster season.

I always have fun in the finale predicting who will go through in the pair-ups--Zurcaroh vs. Duo, Brian vs. Glennis, and Shin vs. Daniel were all easy since the ones that went through never needed saves and the ones that didn't had. Then it was Samuel vs. Vicki in (statistically) the biggest upset of the night--somebody who needed a save getting in past somebody who didn't, but it was the right choice. Not to mention that he also finished ahead of Michael and Courtney, who also never needed saves.

But that Michael and Courtney pair-up was so deeply satisfying. I didn't care who made it through at that point, was just overjoyed that at least one of them definitely hadn't won. When they called Michael's name I then assumed he was the winner, but haha! Another wonderful surprise! I laughed at his surprise face too, though the best one of these is still that guy, Bryan something, from a few seasons ago.

Really happy for Lindsey Sterling that she bounced back from defeat on this show to go on and have an extremely successful career.

Watching Jackie Jormp-Jomp--er, I mean, Courtney--perform with The Struts was...sad. The Struts are amazing and their lead guy actually knows how to sing (as in, understands the importance of control and is able to let those high notes rip without worrying about snapping a vocal cord) and she really came off as an amateur in comparison.

As always, have enjoyed yet another season of snarking here with you all, and will see you next year!

• Love 6

https://etcanada.com/video/1325119043521/howie-mandel-talks-shocking-agt-finale/?sf198083538=1

So over Howie Mandel as a judge on this show. Like I said his whole demeanor this week how he wasn't confident about Courtney anymore stopped pimping her etc now in this he is like WELL THE COMPETITION WAS HARD SHE IS STILL A WINNER SHE HAS A BILLION VIEWS !!!! 

It's like you backed her, she didn't win, live up to calling your shot and missing. I didn't hear you saying the competition was hard a week ago after her semi final performance. 

1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Oh dear. Was reading over on the BBC website and they of course reported on Courtney. The last part says Simon is going to sign her even if she doesn't win. Noooooooo.....

It was announced during one of her interviews she is going to be part of the vegas show in november.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, InternetToughGuy said:

There's another season premiering on January 1st - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Got_Talent:_The_Champions

America's Got Talent: The Champions is an upcoming reality television series spin-off set to air on NBC. The show will start airing on January 1, 2019, in between seasons of The Voice, during the 2018–19 television season. It will feature notable contestants from season 13 and previous seasons of America's Got Talent alongside acts from Got Talent franchises worldwide.

Simon Cowell has been confirmed as a judge. On July 27, 2018, it was confirmed that Mel B would be a judge on the spin-off show.

Noooo!  They're going to bring back Michael, Courtney, and Vicki, aren't they?  I just know it, and I'm overcome with dread.

• Love 2