Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: I Love a Parade

paulvdb

36 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

She's gotten really bad at faking it in the last few seasons. Even if her original accent was exaggerated, it still came across somewhat natural, but whatever she's doing these days sounds ridiculous and forced. If anything, she should be going in the direction of less of an accent since she's been living in America for so long at this point. I can hardly listen to her talk anymore. 

It’s like Karen Walker on Will & Grace and Bernadette on The Big Bang Theory. Their voices now sound nothing like when they started out.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

If she were auditioning for the role now, she'd never have gotten, but I guess they're stuck with her since she's been on for so long.

This applies to the actors playing Manny (!), Luke, and Joe too. Alex is borderline but tolerable.

Modern Family really did not luck out with the young actors they cast.

• Love 1
On 2018-10-03 at 5:32 PM, CleoCaesar said:

This applies to the actors playing Manny (!), Luke, and Joe too. Alex is borderline but tolerable.

I saw an early episode the other day.  The kids were quite appealing when they were young, they haven’t aged well.  I like Lily & Haley, though.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, CleoCaesar said:

I thought the kid who plays Luke was a lot better on this episode than he had been, like he took acting lessons over the summer.

• Love 1
On 9/27/2018 at 1:46 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Wasn't Arvin the same actor who played Jimmy on You're The Worst?  I thought it was an ok episode, had a few good laughs. I thought Haley looked gorgeous without all the makeup when she was in the hospital bed. 

Jimmy Shive Overly!! Yup that's him.  I was excited to see him on this show, but the charachter isn't too fun.

I'm late to the party, but I didn't like this episode.   I do like Hayley and Dylan together.  He is a nurse...what??

On 10/1/2018 at 8:36 AM, SnarkySheep said:

The beginning part with Joe struck me as kinda weird...most kids his age that I've known LOVE holiday celebrations of any kind, the louder and tackler, the better. IMO Joe would not be rolling his eyes and oh-so-embarrassed of his parents' behavior. But on this show it's like a golden rule that all kids must be snarky from a precocious age.

Yes!  Count me with the many posters who WANT to continue liking this show.  But the very first line of the night showed how off-track the writing has become.

I suppose it is realistic that Joe wouldn't enjoy the Fourth of July antics, but what little kid would think to say, in a middle-aged snarky tone,  "Has it been a year already?"

• Love 3
20 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

The beginning part with Joe struck me as kinda weird...most kids his age that I've known LOVE holiday celebrations of any kind, the louder and tackler, the better. IMO Joe would not be rolling his eyes and oh-so-embarrassed of his parents' behavior. But on this show it's like a golden rule that all kids must be snarky from a precocious age.

Yes!  Count me with the many posters who WANT to continue liking this show.  But the very first line of the night showed how off-track the writing has become.

I suppose it is realistic that Joe wouldn't enjoy the Fourth of July antics, but what little kid would think to say, in a middle-aged snarky tone,  "Has it been a year already?"

Not to mention, it's JAY that was out of character in being so over the top. I'd expect to see Gloria and Manny or Joe screeching out songs and wearing costumes, with Jay looking on in annoyance. 

• Love 1