Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: A Peace Treaty, a Blind Date, and a Divorce No One Understands

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

I want to be a cat at your house!

If I were you, I wouldn’t explain myself.  You and your husband are good people.  That’s it.  Meaning @usernamefatigue.  (The cat people).

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Not me.  My house is filthy, I can't smell much of anything, but neither can anyone else - because NOBODY comes to this hermit house!  :-)   *

Shannon mentions every single ailment she has (real or imagined), so I doubt her dislike of cats has anything to do with allergies.  Otherwise "Dr." Moon would be making big bank giving her regular "allergy treatments" on the off chance that she gets anywhere near a cat owner.

* ETA - my house is filthy, but my litterbox is clean.  :-)

OMG .. Stop the Press.  This conversation is so funny and interesting, I have to go get a beer and some chips, come back and enjoy all this.  LMAO. Hahahahahahahahaha.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, LadyK said:

Well, RHOC is no longer must see TV… or even must record telly.  Even when I bother to watch the recorded program four days later, I miss large portions as household chores draw my attention, and I fast forward through the other boring bits.  On a positive note, I have become much more productive in the evenings.  And I always enjoy everyone’s observations and bon mots.  It does speak volumes that I have learned more about effective cat litter disposal in these four pages than anything else.

I was grateful that there were no little ones in this episode… I have raised four so have complete understanding and compassion for those challenges, but no wish to re-experience them in my evening entertainment.

I love everyone’s comments because I find you so very witty, intelligent, and your comments and opinions thought provoking.

I admit, I have no time for Vicky after her complicit behavior in the cancer scam and find her attempts to spin the facts this season, painting herself as a victim, truly appalling.

Like others, I find myself wondering why I support the coarse and vulgar Kelly, for whom I had no respect in previous seasons.

It occurred to me why, as I watched this episode.  Kelly lacks self-awareness until after the fact.  She lashes out with horrible, unspeakable vitriol because she is hurt.  Stung, hurt, she goes into attack mode inflicting barbs on those she perceives have hurt her. She admits “same. 

Vicky, on the other hand, completely lacks self-awareness.  She has proven, time and again, that she is ignorant, boorish, and bigoted, yet continues to hold herself as the epitome of “klass”, not stooping to her colleagues’ level.  The scene with Steve, gloating about how they are “above it all” had me choking on my beverage.  And although Vicky perceives herself as the OG of the OC, this is the second time that she has ditched coarse Kelly as soon as the cool girls, Tamra and Shannon, accepted her back in their fold.

The difference is, that Vicky, time and again, says terrible, hurtful, nasty things, not in the heat of temper, but with the very malevolent and deliberate intention to hurt.   And if she has to use a mouthpiece to avoid blame, she will do it.   I find it interesting that of all the horrible things that have originated with Vicky, she chose to slander Eddie, rather than Tamra.   I am guessing that she chose that not only because Eddie couldn’t be bothered with Vicky, but also, Vicky knew she couldn’t handle the backlash/venom if she attacked Tamra personally.  Vicky truly is a despicable person.  Steve has always seemed a vanilla, bland individual onscreen, but I now wonder what sort of individual he is if he is truly interested in Vicky.

This. This. This. 

I read on Steve. He’s just as bigoted and racist as the Love tank deprived stank. When Kelly made that dinero coment, it was a thinly viewed attempt to shed light on his trying to change his name to a Latin name to garner the latino vote. 

Race relations are in the toilet these days. For that alone Vicky sucks ass. Her bigotry. Her casual racism. Her own misogyny. Her own comparing herself to Jesus.  It’s just an added layer for this bitch to actually play victim when she concocted a cancer scam to make cash. 

Like women who lie about rape, lying about cancer is unforgivable in my book. Cancer in this country can not just kill u, it can bankrupt u and put u in the poorhouse, homeless. I seen it. 

The thing is Steve might just be this asshole’s undoing. He wants her to act classy but her whole appeal was her lack of self awareness trash can behavior. It was amusing to watch her act like a desperate fool. I mean is she appealing for her looks?

her fashion sense?

her Olive Garden foodieness?

her lovely benolovent personality?

Now? 

She’s just a sad sack of sanctimonious outrage. 

With the moral compass of a hungry water bug. 

Steven ain’t too bright if he’s with her for cash because I don’t buy she’s “rich “. 

We could all be rich like these chicks if the credit is good and the 500,000 paycheck. 

And that’s a big part of vicki’s “Empire”. 

And I am sorry but she’s boring AF. I fast forward her scenes or do laundry when it’s her time. 

Kelly is to me a reality tv Dream. And Shannon. 

They are themselves. Narcissism. Crazy. And all. 

• Love 14
On 9/18/2018 at 1:57 AM, Reality police said:

When I saw the previews I couldn't believe Vickie. Who the Hell does she think she is? 2 divorces and Brooks? Spouting off about moral compasses! Hers must have blown apart after the last few years. Get a mirror please (said like Danielle from NJ). 

I don’t have the best sense of direction. When I was in Girl Scouts eons ago I only got my compass merit badge because I knew to partner up with the person with the best sense of direction to do our “trek”. 

Vicki, on the other hand, couldn’t find a moral compass even if she trippped over it.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

This. This. This. 

I read on Steve. He’s just as bigoted and racist as the Love tank deprived stank. When Kelly made that dinero coment, it was a thinly viewed attempt to shed light on his trying to change his name to a Latin name to garner the latino vote. 

Race relations are in the toilet these days. For that alone Vicky sucks ass. Her bigotry. Her casual racism. Her own misogyny. Her own comparing herself to Jesus.  It’s just an added layer for this bitch to actually play victim when she concocted a cancer scam to make cash. 

Like women who lie about rape, lying about cancer is unforgivable in my book. Cancer in this country can not just kill u, it can bankrupt u and put u in the poorhouse, homeless. I seen it. 

The thing is Steve might just be this asshole’s undoing. He wants her to act classy but her whole appeal was her lack of self awareness trash can behavior. It was amusing to watch her act like a desperate fool. I mean is she appealing for her looks?

her fashion sense?

her Olive Garden foodieness?

her lovely benolovent personality?

Now? 

She’s just a sad sack of sanctimonious outrage. 

With the moral compass of a hungry water bug. 

Steven ain’t too bright if he’s with her for cash because I don’t buy she’s “rich “. 

We could all be rich like these chicks if the credit is good and the 500,000 paycheck. 

And that’s a big part of vicki’s “Empire”. 

And I am sorry but she’s boring AF. I fast forward her scenes or do laundry when it’s her time. 

Kelly is to me a reality tv Dream. And Shannon. 

They are themselves. Narcissism. Crazy. And all. 

Bwahaha! That has got to be the funniest thing I have read all night. I bow to you, lamujerdecente.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

Bwahaha! That has got to be the funniest thing I have read all night. I bow to you, lamujerdecente.

9 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

I am in Miami now and the water bugs run wild. They are gangsta AF with no fear. 

I can see them whooping it up in bad outfits. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did we get any Archie in this episode?

41005481_279727222851655_555292101323472

For the puppy owners - not leaving anyone out

ahd3nCf.gif

No Archie this episode at all - I always notice because I am totally obsessed with this dog.  Like Shannon is lucky I live 3000 miles away and won't be tempted to lure him away with some barbecue chicken and pizza crusts.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Lol. That’s it. Lol

I won't pretend I could teach my TV-watching Mama Raccoon to say it with me, but I'm fairly certain I could get her to high five me whenever I yell it at the TeeVee.   :-)

She no likey the shrieky.

• Love 11
On 9/20/2018 at 3:59 AM, Higgins said:

They are at a time with 3 small children that can be hard on a marriage. All you can ask for is that your husband is your best friend. If that is true, the marriage is worth fighting for.

People know their best friend’s address. 

• Love 13
On 9/18/2018 at 1:43 AM, BodhiGurl said:

I really loathe the "anti-cat" thing being used so often as a reason to dislike someone....Lordt. Like it's cool to hate cats or something.... apparently because they're not needy enough and you can't put it in a purse and go shopping with it... Don't get me wrong, I loves me some dogs - I have a soft spot for Shannon's dog Archie - but enough with cat hate, like, it's not a valid reason to dismiss someone as a potential friend/date... I have 2 myself, my place does not smell, even with an, ermahgerd, litterbox... Ugh. Rich Women Problems... (this is one of the things I can appreciate about RHONY Carole - that she fostered and adopted cats...a rarity on RH shows)

For the first time I´m literally angry at Shannon, why did she have to go there about cats?

I noticed that Cameron in Dallas (the boring pink Barbie) has a cat and a dog, that´s a big bonus for her where I´m concerned. Cats are the best, they´re so wonderful, true friends, easy to live with etc etc, and people who talk badly about them (or the men who love them) need to check themselves. Urrrrr.

• Love 12
On 9/20/2018 at 6:06 AM, walnutqueen said:

Not me.  My house is filthy, I can't smell much of anything, but neither can anyone else - because NOBODY comes to this hermit house!  :-)   *

Shannon mentions every single ailment she has (real or imagined), so I doubt her dislike of cats has anything to do with allergies.  Otherwise "Dr." Moon would be making big bank giving her regular "allergy treatments" on the off chance that she gets anywhere near a cat owner.

* ETA - my house is filthy, but my litterbox is clean.  :-)

God how I love you!

And!  This little gem is from Bravo.  The Real Cats of Atlanta, Dallas and Orange County......

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housecats-recreate-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-moments?cid=mar_dg_keywee_dish_fb&kwp_0=954861&kwp_4=3200679&kwp_1=1343685

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, dosodog said:

God how I love you!

And!  This little gem is from Bravo.  The Real Cats of Atlanta, Dallas and Orange County......

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housecats-recreate-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-moments?cid=mar_dg_keywee_dish_fb&kwp_0=954861&kwp_4=3200679&kwp_1=1343685

HILARIOUS!!!

2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hah! - since this is Orange County

200.gif

Too bad Shannon doesn't like cats - she could have 9 of them to hold her 9 lemons.

• Love 13
On 9/19/2018 at 8:17 AM, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

So when Kelly was saying that Steve was in it for the money w/ Vicki, she spit out "the dinero" with a bit of an accent. That was some coded racism directed at Steve's Latin heritage, right?

I enjoy Kelly and Steve is a big zero to me, but I heard what I heard and want it noted!

Kelly's maiden name is Meza -- how could using a Hispanic accent be racism?

On 9/19/2018 at 9:21 AM, jennylauren123 said:

So, when people have nails like that, I can't imagine them doing normal, real-life stuff. For example, cutting the grass, diapering a baby, typing on a keyboard, scrubbing the bathroom. Can people with long manicured nails do work? Are there workarounds? I mean, besides just hiring someone else to do the work? 

It would drive me nuts not to be able to perform normal functions. But those are normal functions for me.

I always wonder:  How do you "wipe" with those things on the ends of your fingers?

• Love 5
On 9/19/2018 at 10:16 PM, LadyK said:

Well, RHOC is no longer must see TV… or even must record telly.  Even when I bother to watch the recorded program four days later, I miss large portions as household chores draw my attention, and I fast forward through the other boring bits.  On a positive note, I have become much more productive in the evenings.  And I always enjoy everyone’s observations and bon mots.  It does speak volumes that I have learned more about effective cat litter disposal in these four pages than anything else.

I was grateful that there were no little ones in this episode… I have raised four so have complete understanding and compassion for those challenges, but no wish to re-experience them in my evening entertainment.

I love everyone’s comments because I find you so very witty, intelligent, and your comments and opinions thought provoking.

I admit, I have no time for Vicky after her complicit behavior in the cancer scam and find her attempts to spin the facts this season, painting herself as a victim, truly appalling.

Like others, I find myself wondering why I support the coarse and vulgar Kelly, for whom I had no respect in previous seasons.

It occurred to me why, as I watched this episode.  Kelly lacks self-awareness until after the fact.  She lashes out with horrible, unspeakable vitriol because she is hurt.  Stung, hurt, she goes into attack mode inflicting barbs on those she perceives have hurt her. She admits “same. 

Vicky, on the other hand, completely lacks self-awareness.  She has proven, time and again, that she is ignorant, boorish, and bigoted, yet continues to hold herself as the epitome of “klass”, not stooping to her colleagues’ level.  The scene with Steve, gloating about how they are “above it all” had me choking on my beverage.  And although Vicky perceives herself as the OG of the OC, this is the second time that she has ditched coarse Kelly as soon as the cool girls, Tamra and Shannon, accepted her back in their fold.

The difference is, that Vicky, time and again, says terrible, hurtful, nasty things, not in the heat of temper, but with the very malevolent and deliberate intention to hurt.   And if she has to use a mouthpiece to avoid blame, she will do it.   I find it interesting that of all the horrible things that have originated with Vicky, she chose to slander Eddie, rather than Tamra.   I am guessing that she chose that not only because Eddie couldn’t be bothered with Vicky, but also, Vicky knew she couldn’t handle the backlash/venom if she attacked Tamra personally.  Vicky truly is a despicable person.  Steve has always seemed a vanilla, bland individual onscreen, but I now wonder what sort of individual he is if he is truly interested in Vicky.

Then you MUST go to the Vicki topic on this board and read all about what a great guy Steve is.

• Love 3
On 9/20/2018 at 1:00 AM, Reality police said:

Call Smudge, I'll loan her to you for a couple of weeks. She is a great mouser. When hubbins and I went away and my brother was taking care of the girls, she had two mice waiting at the door for him. Very thoughtful she is. 

Just realized I said went away. We were visiting my parents not in jail. Although, come to think of it we do refer to one of the houses on the property as "the big house". 

“Smudgeorooter”.  You can start a business, lol.

• Love 5

Not a Tamra fan, but I do like that she does everyday things on camera like starting dinner, and dealing with laundry and packing. 

Vicki’s lame ass birthday celebration was stupid. She is too hyper focused on her camera persona. ( and she still comes across like an ass)

I like Emily- she is smart, seems like a good friend and has a weird husband and mother in law !! ??

Shannon’s blind date reminded me of Steve Martin’s character in It’s Complicated- a sensitive guy trying to heal after a long marriage / ugly divorce. This guy doesn’t drink enough to be compatible with Shannon though ( could tell by how he ordered his cocktail). 

Who does Gina think she’s fooling with her divorce narrative?! They have obviously not been together as a couple for some time. 

• Love 1
On 9/22/2018 at 10:53 AM, Anne Thrax said:

Then you MUST go to the Vicki topic on this board and read all about what a great guy Steve is.

Thank you Anne Thrax, that was an interesting and enlightening read.

I have never been charmed by Vicky.  From the outset, she has demonstrated rude, bigoted behaviour.    I thought she was at her best when she was with Donn who seemed to soften her rough edges.  While there are always two sides, I believed she treated him abominably throughout those early seasons.  With Tamra’s arrival, I thought Vicky sank to new lows, but in retrospect, I wonder if Vicky isn’t the magnetic core, drawing nasty, duplicitous, unethical, like-minded individuals into her orbit.  I never bought the zany, wacky image she tries desperately to portray; she simply tries too hard at it. Nor do I buy the doting “Aunt Vicky” she is working at, first with Peggy’s children last season and Gina’s little ones this year.  Cross Vicky, Gina, and see how well she treats your children’s mother.

Having read a little about Steve’s background, Vicky’s subdued behaviour, at Steve’s behest, is even more laughable.  “Birds of a feather, flock together.”

And why must we be subjected to Vicky’s birthday parties every year?  Three years running, they have all been rather pathetic, including last year’s which seemed more of an excuse, once again, to have others vocalize Vicky’s gossip and lies.

I couldn’t help smile when the Lodge family barely masked their lack of enthusiasm for Steve to “put a ring on it”.  It speaks volumes, given his apparent background, that they do not want him to have a permanent relationship with the likes of Vicky Gunvalson.  It also begs the question as to why Vicky, who voraciously claims independence, is so desperate to be married again.  Why does she have such a pathological need to be in a relationship?  She needs to be on her own for awhile and learn to enjoy her own company.... never mind. 

Edited by LadyK
missing word
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

You know at that party with that interaction, Shane was giving her an out for her terrible manners ("You're drunk").  And then she really off the rails, oh well.

I don't think it's ever a wise idea to tell a housewife she's drunk, and NEVER tell her she's "turning".

My best survival tips for the husbands would be:  

if at all possible, don't engage in any conversation.

Know that any and every thing you say will be used against your wife. 

Politely excuse yourself and walk away, or better yet, claim to have a meeting/work/no childcare and avoid the social gathering all together, tho you will need to make occasional appearances so we know you actually exist.

Now that I think of it, Bethenny may have had the best solution when she told Dennis to just stand by a table.

• Love 6

But then, Bethenny's Dennis bought the farm didn't he? 

Shannon needs to tread lightly when it comes to CATS!! Like those 4 cuties above! Clean litter box people, etc.  Hey! I'm there. Got 4 fur babies right here right now.  Used to have.... Oh well, more than 4. Old age happens to all of us.

On to the Vickster.  The most ridiculous thing she told Gina was that she would have "fought harder" for her marriage to Donn 10 years ago. WTF????  Wasn't she already knocking boots with Brooks then?  Like what, Vicks; you would have NOT gotten all up in it with Brooks? Your love tank filler?

What an ass.

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • Love 7
On 9/17/2018 at 9:12 PM, chenoa333 said:

So ALLEGEDLY, Steve is dating Vicki for her money? Because a man who has had a lucrative career in law enforcement is broke ass poor? I know everyone on this forum hates Vicki. I don't. I think maybe Steve and Vicki might be able to have a nice relationship for however long relationships last. I I'm done looking but one thing I know for sure...nothing lasts forever. Enjoy and embrace what and who you have in your life that makes you happy. It might not be there tomorrow. 

Lol “lucrative career in law enforcement” this is Orange County so $100,000 can in fact broke ass poor due to cost of living

• Love 1
On 9/17/2018 at 9:43 PM, BodhiGurl said:

I really loathe the "anti-cat" thing being used so often as a reason to dislike someone....Lordt. Like it's cool to hate cats or something.... apparently because they're not needy enough and you can't put it in a purse and go shopping with it... Don't get me wrong, I loves me some dogs - I have a soft spot for Shannon's dog Archie - but enough with cat hate, like, it's not a valid reason to dismiss someone as a potential friend/date... I have 2 myself, my place does not smell, even with an, ermahgerd, litterbox... Ugh. Rich Women Problems... (this is one of the things I can appreciate about RHONY Carole - that she fostered and adopted cats...a rarity on RH shows)

On 9/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, bagger said:

I heard in watch what crappens (yes, they are my source for news) that her husband’s company said no to him appearing from the get go.

It’s the litter box ..one can aways sm/tell when one is present....our cats were always outdoors...til the coyote population grew..then no more cats...don’t mind the poopy bags but then we seldom pick up cuz dog goes in woods

On 9/17/2018 at 11:23 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Tamra loves to make judgements of others that aren't like her, yet gosh forbid someone gives her some.home truths.

Shannon on a date...what I wish New York would have done with Ramona.

Reality tv gold.

Emily vs kelly...hmm..Emily has the height, but Kelly has a lack of mental stability.

Watching these shows make me want to mukbang lol

Ramonaon a date TV gold!!

On 9/18/2018 at 1:28 AM, Marley said:

I was almost liking Gina but no not anymore. She is very annoying and I ff most of her scenes. Why would I care she’s divorcing her husband I’ve never seen. It’s bs too on why she’s saying they are divorcing. Her husband had an apartment in LA for 8 months and she had no idea where it was and had never seen it. What a joke. She is prob embarrassed to admit he’s over her and has had a few chicks on the side. Then she blames Shannon saying she revved up Kelly. Ugh fuck off Gina. 

OC only an hour from LA....how about blaming the hubby for leaving wifey alone with all those kids if he had chickees  on the side..no patience for that sh*t

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lula58 said:

Lol “lucrative career in law enforcement” this is Orange County so $100,000 can in fact broke ass poor due to cost of living

I didn't know Steve makes only $100,000.00 a year. So yes, you're right. By OC cost of living standard, that amount is not much!! But Vicki is desperate. She might be better off going to a homeless encampment and finding a "soul mate".

Edited by chenoa333
16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I didn't know Steve makes only $100,000.00 a year. So yes, you're right. By OC cost of living standard, that amount is not much!! But Vicki is desperate. She might be better off going to a homeless encampment and finding a "soul mate".

I was just using that as a ballpark..but Vicki is always adamant about her man not being with her for her money...and yes she sure is desperate,uncomfortably so...also her crap with Gina not trying hard enough (hello love tank) and single mom? How old were the kids when she married Don...I find her hypocritical and distasteful on many levels

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, ladle said:

Just catching up on the show now, and I'm really sad that there wasn't the obligatory shot of Eddie eating during the screaming fight at the beginning of this episode.  :( 

You are right, there is always one of those. Aww.

• Love 3