Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: The Art of Communication

• Start Topic

Bobby's Mama's birthday...got the beers in the cozies.... fingerling taters, grilled chicken and pasta salad, yum...Tricia and her husband makes 3 couples...where's Bobby's niece, Lola?

Bobby's mama seems to be projecting problems in her marriage onto Bobby and Danielle's marriage....

Mamma Dodd do you want a divorce or a separation from Bobby's daddy for your birthday?...seems so...

Dr. Jessica confronts  Danielle's dry husk of a reaction of hmm, hmm as Bobby is pouring out his soul and declaration of love....

Dr. Jessica thinks they are avoiding conflict, tip toeing around problems, not wanting to mess up the perfect bubble... Bobby positively doesn't want to rock the boat...shut up Jessica....

Danielle needs to be more emotionally expressive... love notes to Bobby and read them to him...or just boink him silly....

Dave and Amber ...what a shit storm for Dr. Jessica

Amber jealous of Ashley's looks because they are closer to Dave's ideal...maybe try not being crazed and accusatory would help Dave like you.

Amber and Dave both losing their hair...hers from punishing it with chemicals, his from male pattern baldness...finding common ground... is sweet..

Amber's mis hearing is just ridiculous, Dave shuts down because he is sick of her not feeling safe in the marriage...these 2 make me want to flip a table....the same meltdowns, the jealousies, insecurities....broken record...over and over again.

Danielle has dinner with Rhonda and Tricia...Producer induced topic of babies came up.

Danielle wants to shoot herself around other people's kids...she has no problem expressing those feelings...

Tricia says to Danielle about SAHM issues.."so we don't hate you"...

Who doesn't love the passive aggressive dinners with the MIL and SIL?

Danielle, reading the note  to Bobby would have been better for him so he can hear it coming out of your coffee hole.. .

Betcha Bobby would pack up the dogs and drive to where you are going for the work trip at if you gave him word ONE.....

Dave: Hey Bobby!

Bobby: What's up dude?

Dave: Need you to come over with your hex and put this IKEA dresser together for me and Amber...

Bobby: What's the problem?

Dave: We are a giant fail...come over and bail me out....

Bobby: Danielle's in Houston on a work trip... drive that POS shelf over and we will knock it out....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14

Wait...wha...seriously they can't even assemble a simple dresser together???  No one is really that pathetic, right?  This CANNOT be for real.

If it is...

Amber and Dave CANNOT handle the most simple daily life tasks.

I cannot imagine living like them.

• Love 5

Dave says has a guy to do this manual labor stuff... it was just a stunt for the producers...

Amber probably broke a nail opening the cardboard box, Dave got a paper cut from the instruction book and they left a bag of toggles and doohickeys in the corner of one of the boxes...

Bobby knows you lay out all the pieces, take inventory before you touch the hex...

Bobby clean ups after pooping puppies and now Dave's and Amber's IKEA mess.

He'll have it done in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail.

Bobby looked miserable in his black boxers and socks watching Danielle pack for her 4 day work trip...

Bobby is lovesick with worry...the show has Bobby to thank for saving this season...if he is faking his infatuation of Danielle then he is as good of an actor as Tristan and Mia are bad actors...

Henry will have to share his calming pill with New Dad...Henry is scared of thunder...New Dad scared Danielle won't love him.....

Bobby and Henry will huddle together under the bed through the anticipated literal and methaphoric thunder storm and until Danielle comes home to make them both feel better...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Unfiltered: Dave, Danielle and unfortunately JamieO.

Sock issued discussed: Amber cussing, throwing stuff, melting down because her lack of socks getting dressed.

Dave had big emotional reaction to her tantrum....he is mystified why she over reacts to nothing...but then he lets her affect him with him pouting and fuming for the next 2 hours....

Dave watching Dave in the scene of the lack of trustworthy guys in Amber's past conversation...Danielle calling Dave harsh for his judgement of Amber's past

Bonus footage: Decision Day looming for Dave...

Dave's ramblings when Jamie O asks point blank about D Day for him ...let's see what happens...find our way to to a more positive place, roadblocks in our relationship...optimistic...

What a load of bs, Dave.

Dave, under what circumstances are you willing to tell Amber you love her...Dave hemmed and hawed...

but what it would take ...is a loaded glock aimed in between his eyes...

Agree with all of this. As I've said before, Dave checked out of his 'marriage' weeks ago, and is just "doing his time".

• Love 5

Dave is very likable AWAY from Amber....

He is funny, encouraging, gentle and supportive of Bobby.

He is light hearted and charming on the Unfiltereds.

To Dave even AnnoyingJamieO is a breath of fresh air compared to Amber.

Why are Amber and Dave poisonous together?...

Feeding on each other's weaknesses and pushing each other's buttons...are they play acting for basic cable tv?

Amber's "friend" Ashley, needs to get back in line and wait behind the velvet rope until Dave is legally separated from Amber before she pounces on him...

Cheese and crackers, Ashley....your bridesmaid's dress is still at the dry cleaners and you are already setting your sights on Dave....Honey, this is still Amber's little show so stop steam rolling  your friend...

Amber is absolutely right on her instincts...the "Ashleys" are circling Dave....

The centrally located glassed in dance/group exercise room at the Lifetime Gym shows that it is a meat market gym where the women wear makeup and wear cute outfits to workout.

The weights and workout machines are located for viewing into the room.

Most gyms have mirrors so you can look at your body mechanics and lifting form, doing the corrections on the spot...

Liked that Dave stated he averts his eyes when walking by the room instead of treating it like a meat case...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7

Agreed, TV cameras with production crew trailing him must make Dave look more handsome, wittier, and more hunky to bystanders like Ashley who are wearing TV goggles....

Bet donuts to dollars, Ashley and Amber went through the MAFS application, interviews and auditions together and it still chaps Ashley's hide that Amber was chosen when it is obvious to EVERYONE that Ashley is more Dave's type...

What Ashley forgets is that Amber is the tent pole...it is her wreck of a life, her insecurities, her bundle of idiosyncrasies that the producers are showcasing...

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Doing an obstacle course way up in the air, on tiny ropes, and blindfolded. Hell to the no, I would be freaking out having an anxiety attack too! 

That was a very small-scale ropes course, but I've done one and can't imagine doing any portion of it blindfolded - no way!  They are very wobbly and you need to know where to hold with your hands and step with your feet, all while keeping your balance.  I was amazed that he never fell.  Maybe he did and they didn't show it. 

• Love 6

Dave must have taken a double fisted dose of Henry's Chill Pills because in real life Dave in an honest reaction to Amber's unintelligible, ineffective, poorly articulated verbal directions would have torn off his blindfold, tossed it into her face, jumped off the roped course and stomped off in frustration...

• Love 12
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Thanks Humbleopinion for continuing to do the Unfiltered wrap-ups!

Two things stood out to me in this episode:

1. I finally saw the back of Amber's head when they were drinking their post-furniture-fail shots.  It is worse than I envisioned.  Girl, no.

2. When Tristan and Mia were in bed talking, he said something that she thought was sweet.  So she said something like "Awww" and reached across him to touch him.  He did not move even one tiny bit to lean into or receive her touch, let alone reciprocate it, so her hand ended up sitting awkwardly on his opposite shoulder.  Yeah, he is def not into her.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, crgirl412 said:
On 9/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, JapMo said:

LOL.  

I think the show needs to be revamped...again.  I like Pastor Cal, Dr. Pepper and whomever the sex therapist's name is, but maybe they need more help at the beginning...when they are at the selection stage.  I know this sounds kind of unethical, but they should have "plants" in the groups of males and females, people who are pretending to be a "contestant" and can infiltrate and get a read on other candidates when they are all kind of bs-ing in the lobby or bathroom or waiting area.  And I've said this before, what's wrong with letting those who weren't selected meet each?  It can't be any worse than meeting strangers in a bar, and yet many/most of these people WANT to get married, so you never know what would happen when you meet like-minded people.

The Bachelor has done this before. 

The difference, IMO, is people on this show, for the most part, are really serious about getting married.  On The Bachelor they are just really serious about being on TV.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

2. When Tristan and Mia were in bed talking, he said something that she thought was sweet.  So she said something like "Awww" and reached across him to touch him.  He did not move even one tiny bit to lean into or receive her touch, let alone reciprocate it, so her hand ended up sitting awkwardly on his opposite shoulder.  Yeah, he is def not into her.

He said some BS like moving forward to a future that will emphasize God's will - yeah right.

Danielle has been reading online cause her eyebrows were WAY toned down on the Unfiltered to the point of making her look very pretty.  but when she said "I would shoot myself" if she had to be with her friends kids to her MIL and SIL  - OMG that was ballsy.  I doubt she made a great impression.

I think Dave's reactions are just as dramatic and over the top as Ambers.  Perhaps they are too much alike.

I read some of Danielle's letter by freezing the screen.  It was a nice letter, with a hint of feelings but no I love yous.

Edited by MV713
missing info
  • Love 2

I really don't believe anything Mia says, so her "traumatic" childhood just got an eyeroll from me.  Until Dr. Jessica tries to effectively deal with Mia's legal issues and actions I really don't care what she has to say to Tristan about his communication abilities.  Although we had to watch Tristan's anger that was directed towards Mia, I still give him a pass as they are really not highlighting anything negative about Mia whatsoever.  And, we never were shown what led to Tristan's outburst.  His stating "I still don't trust you" in that situation led me to believe he caught her in another lie, which, again, they never showed us.  For whatever reasons, I think that they are purposefully not showing all of Mia's actions and lies.

I do not know how Dave was able to do that ropes course blindfolded.  As another poster wrote, it would have been a huge NO for me.  I also understood why he didn't take Amber's hand when she offered it.  The rope that he was hanging onto was at least secure; had he taken Amber's hand there was a possibility that they both could have fallen.  I am so over Amber's insecurities.  I thought Dave was just having a nice conversation with her friends at the gym, but she blew it out of proportion.  I was glad that Jessica showed her the footage of their conversation about her hair and that he did not say what she said he did.  She continues to be exhausting to me.  Is Dave giving it his all?  Hard to say.  But, I would be so frustrated to have to deal with someone like her, so I actually give kudos to Dave for his efforts and restraint.

I guess Danielle is used to relationships in which she gave very little.  She sure seems to hold back.  If she is not feeling Bobby or falling in love with him, she needs to let him know so that he won't be devastated if she leaves.  Oh, and Henry's anxiety with thunderstorms?  I bet he handles it just fine as long as he is with new dad.  I have grown to really like Bobby and I could really like Danielle if she appeared more supportive of Bobby than what she has thus far demonstrated.

• Love 13

The show is getting desperate.  You can see it.  There was a lot going on with Tristan & Mia that they wouldn't or couldn't show, so they patched together some ridiculous scene where it's IMPLIED that Mia said something earth shattering about her upbringing and Tristan was so traumatized he had to leave the room like he was going to throw up.  I didn't have the time to rewind it, but I did a double take at the way the show set it up like some kind of major trauma.  I remember Mia saying her father gave her the "death stare".........WOW.  Raise your hand how many of you got the death stare from either your mom, dad, or both every Sunday in church?  IMO Tristan is starting to balk at remaining in their fake relationship, and the producers are trying to squeeze out enough footage to make it to decision day.  Looks like they only have enough for next week.  Which makes me think this is all old stuff and maybe they actually stopped filming them many weeks ago because Tristan didn't want to continue in the marriage (sham). I say that because their life seems claustrophobic.  I think we've seen their kitchen once, but for the most part they are shown either in their bed or on the couch.  We see no other furniture, no TV...no other signs of life.  Neither seems to ever be working.  Is this really their apartment?  Did they even have an apartment or did they break up before that?  This puzzle has too many parts that don't fit.

• Love 15

My guess is they're doing a Molly/Jon & not even living together; all this is fake to finish out the time, collect their checks & move on. If they say they don't want a divorce decision day, I won't believe it; I'll chalk it up to having been paid off to drag it out a bit longer.

• Love 4

Can't lie - I spent the entire episode screaming obscenities at my tv.  Not sure who I'm more disgusted by - Mia with her pathetic, meek, cowering learned helplessness/manipulation tactics or Dr. Jessica who encourages this lunacy.  Sorry, Mia - you cannot be convicted of crimes like stalking and stealing and then turn around and act like you're petrified of your own shadow.  If you're so paralyzingly fearful of confrontation and raised voices how could you have totally disregarded numerous (and undoubtedly stern) warnings by your ex AND THE POLICE.  And shame on Dr. Jessica for playing into it and giving Mia the validation that Tristan is the bad-guy in this scenario.  

• Love 19

I do want Danielle to stop acting like a robot and give Bobby some kind of affectionate feedback. She sure enjoys what he gives to her and does for her. I feel like she feels everything is perfect. She could be in that relationship forever. She's only comfortable giving love and affection to dogs. Maybe there's something more there than not being part of an affectionate family. But if Bobby never gets anything in return he's gonna get fed up. It's not fair to him, it looks like he's putting in 110 percent and she's putting in 10. I think that's the best drama for me. The rest is boring. Though I can't wait to see Tristan blow up next week and I hope it's over for good. 

• Love 12

so the Mia and Tristan footage that Dr. Useless shows them is referring to their fight they had about Mia being on a dating app (actively) while lying about it to Tristan saying she "thought she deleted the app".  I can understand his frustration at looking like a total idiot again.

I think they are still showing them in their "real time" though as the cooking episode last week was supposedly 3 weeks before decision day and all the couples were there.

I do worry that Tristan and Mia cannot afford to heat their sparse apartment and that is why they are always wrapped up in blankets :)

• Love 5

What bugs me about Tristan is that I don’t think he’s all that innocent in this whole thing.  Not that he yelled at Mia, damn, just because a man yells at a woman doesn’t mean he’s an abuser.  Some people yell and others don’t, it’s just the way they are. 

What bugs me about Tristan is the colorist comment he made during the dating special.  Wanting to be with a lighter skinned woman isn’t about just personal taste, it’s not the same as hair color. What it means is, “I don’t want to be with a woman who looks TOO black.”  Everyone on this site is screaming, “damn, Mia is a criminal, she had a mugshot, why isn’t Tristan concerned.”  He’s not concerned.  She’s light skinned, she’s biracial, she’s okay by him.  I bet Mia wouldn’t be so okay if she looked like Shelia or Shawnice.

I mean look at hip hop today.  Rappers openly say shit about how they want to be with a “redbone” and don’t like dark skinned women at all.  And even mainstream TV shows tend to show lighter skinned black women, and if a black woman is dark, she’s got a weave. And let's not even talk about Cardi B.

I don't think Danielle is bad at all.   Some people are not raised to verbalize their emotions.  Some homes even shame children for doing so.  Also, to me at least, love is a verb; it's not what you say, it's what you do.  Any fool can say, "I love you," but not mean it.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What bugs me about Tristan is the colorist comment he made during the dating special.  Wanting to be with a lighter skinned woman isn’t about just personal taste, it’s not the same as hair color. What it means is, “I don’t want to be with a woman who looks TOO black.”  Everyone on this site is screaming, “damn, Mia is a criminal, she had a mugshot, why isn’t Tristan concerned.”  He’s not concerned.  She’s light skinned, she’s biracial, she’s okay by him.  I bet Mia wouldn’t be so okay if she looked like Shelia or Shawnice.

Yes! Mia could murder someone and Tristan would still say "that's my queen." All he cares about is showing off his light skinned wife as arm candy. If that'd been Shawniece, he would've first of all had a Jaime-style meltdown and bitched all the way through the reception. He would've demanded an annulment the second the TSA pulled her off the plane and used her legal issues to avoid admitting his preferences colorism. 

• Love 3

The show has nothing to go on anymore.  Producers are scrambling to throw some stupid stuff in until decision day.  Dr. blondie is trying to make something out of nothing and is making a fool out of herself.  Danielle is unemotional, Mia is a liar and who knows what,  Amber is whining about nonsense like her hair and everything else.  All are out of touch.  I really like Bobby and Dave.  They have put up with a lot and seem to have some sense.  I used to look forward to this show, but, no more.  Whoever is interviewing is doing a bad job.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Danielle trying to be affectionate with Bobby

latest?cb=20060929225610

Bobby, I have an idea for you to get some affection from Danielle: start dressing like Henry. And what I mean by that is be naked except for a collar.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Yes! Mia could murder someone and Tristan would still say "that's my queen." All he cares about is showing off his light skinned wife as arm candy. If that'd been Shawniece, he would've first of all had a Jaime-style meltdown and bitched all the way through the reception. He would've demanded an annulment the second the TSA pulled her off the plane and used her legal issues to avoid admitting his preferences colorism. 

Agreed.  I think about the black couple they had on the show in season 1.  I think the man commented that his celebrity crushes were Halle Berry and Paula Patton.  Nothing wrong with them, but the experts didn't read the signs and the woman he married was dark skinned.  I think even Jepthe said something about expecting to be paired off with an Instagram model, someone who looked like Rihanna.

• Love 3

I’m not getting the feeling that Tristan likes Mia at all — not even her looks.  He seems to just be pretending for the cameras. Plus, he’s an awful actor.  His dancing in front of the mirror when they did that donuts seduction thing was so fake and cringe inducing. I think he’s pretty clear on the type of crappy person Mia is.  He’s putting in his time and trying to act nice for the cameras — just like Dave is only Dave is a better actor.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, PityFree said:

Also,  why are Tristan and Mia constantly wrapped in blankets?  They are young healthy people. It’s weird.

This bugs the crap outta me - I don't know why I get so hung up on it, but I do!!  Thank you for validating my issues!!

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I’m not getting the feeling that Tristan likes Mia at all — not even her looks.  He seems to just be pretending for the cameras. Plus, he’s an awful actor.  His dancing in front of the mirror when they did that donuts seduction thing was so fake and cringe inducing. I think he’s pretty clear on the type of crappy person Mia is.  He’s putting in his time and trying to act nice for the cameras — just like Dave is only Dave is a better actor.

I think Tristan likes the excitement of the drama and the (probably kinky) sex, but as soon as Mia gets bored of doing the Manic Pixie Dream Girl act to distract from her felonies, he'll find her whiny and controlling (which he also seems to be).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What bugs me about Tristan is the colorist comment he made during the dating special.  Wanting to be with a lighter skinned woman isn’t about just personal taste, it’s not the same as hair color. What it means is, “I don’t want to be with a woman who looks TOO black.”  Everyone on this site is screaming, “damn, Mia is a criminal, she had a mugshot, why isn’t Tristan concerned.”  He’s not concerned.  She’s light skinned, she’s biracial, she’s okay by him.

I don't think it's okay with him at all. His face is impassive; he is just going through the motions.  I know that his comment was a prejudiced one, but I don't think at this point he is at all forgiving after she's lied numerous times.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

I do want Danielle to stop acting like a robot and give Bobby some kind of affectionate feedback. She sure enjoys what he gives to her and does for her. I feel like she feels everything is perfect. She could be in that relationship forever. She's only comfortable giving love and affection to dogs. Maybe there's something more there than not being part of an affectionate family. But if Bobby never gets anything in return he's gonna get fed up. It's not fair to him, it looks like he's putting in 110 percent and she's putting in 10. I think that's the best drama for me. The rest is boring. Though I can't wait to see Tristan blow up next week and I hope it's over for good. 

I think a copy of the letter is on twitter and it was more about "I love how you do things for me" than "l love you". Of course, this just might be producer driven drama so when she does say the words it will be more dramatic. Bobby is much more smitten so she naturally just holds all the power right now.

1 hour ago, PityFree said:

24 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think Tristan likes the excitement of the drama and the (probably kinky) sex, but as soon as Mia gets bored of doing the Manic Pixie Dream Girl act to distract from her felonies, he'll find her whiny and controlling (which he also seems to be).

It has been suggested that Tristan had financial issues that did not make it easy for him to walk away from the money that this show provides.

• Love 1

Tristan and Mia's body language around each other is so awkward. Every time they're talking about anything she leans in to hug him and he doesn't hug back. He stands there and allows her to hug him and he eventually will lift his arms for a feeble hug back but not at first. She always ducks her head into his chest and never looks up at him directly. They're always sitting in Tristan's apartment wrapped in blankets or curled up in weird clothing like the huge blue sweater/nightgown thing on Mia. What an odd couple. They don't seem they're "in like" much less "in love." Their interactions are cringeworthy. Three weeks to go and than it's bye bye, have a nice life.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Dave is so judgmental.  I thought Amber was doing a GREAT job of guiding him when he was blindfolded, but all he could do was critique her. 

But he kept asking for clarification before each move--like she'd say to step with his right foot and he'd have to ask, "How far?"  That tells me Amber wasn't doing a good job of guiding him. 

21 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Doing an obstacle course way up in the air, on tiny ropes, and blindfolded. Hell to the no, I would be freaking out having an anxiety attack too! 

I think it would be a gas to do that, and I'm terrified of heights.  But they had harnesses on, so they wouldn't just plummet to the ground.  Although I could see having one of those ropes clip someone's nose on the way down, and that would be no bueno.

But I think it would be fun to test my skills at guiding someone, figuring out that I should tell them in advance that they're going to step on a rope, which will give, or on a rod, which won't give but it'll sway.  But I like anticipating people's needs, so this would be right up my alley.  I'd also enjoy being the one being guided, although I'd be like Dave and insist on clarity before making a move.  But then it would be fun to see if the person doing the guiding grokked and started throwing it in without being asked.

That said, I think it was a stupid exercise for improving interpersonal communication.  Maybe improving trust, but only maybe.  I don't see anything that would lead to better conversations or arguments.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

It has been suggested that Tristan had financial issues that did not make it easy for him to walk away from the money that this show provides.

I wonder about that.  Why does he own these tutoring centers in Houston, rather than Dallas, where he lives?  I'm sure they are franchises, and he possibly thought he could run them remotely, but why not just purchase franchises in Dallas?  It's possible there were no locations available, but in that case, why wouldn't he have just moved to Houston prior to even coming on the show?  

It doesn't make sense to me.  His close family is in Houston, his businesses are in Houston, and there are plenty of cute, single women for him in Houston.  Why go through all that, in Dallas, where you don't want to be anyway?

I'm actually from Dallas, born and raised, but I moved to Houston several decades ago, after college (job).  Houston is better, hands down.  I still have family in Dallas, so I still go there a lot, but Houston beats it by a mile.  So I get why he wants to go.

My money is on:  Tristan picks a fight with Mia so he can move to Houston alone, and he can cite their fights as the reason she doesn't go with him.

• Love 5

I thought he said he had one in Dallas and two in Houston, and that the Houston ones were doing better than Dallas, which was why it was said he wanted to spend more time there. Maybe he bought Dallas first and that's why he has the apartment there. Franchises aside, I hope he gets the heck out of Dodge and away from the dingbat. 

• Love 1

I think Tristan is from Houston and opened his first locations there, then decided to try expanding to Dallas.  Then he said at one point that the Houston locations were suffering in his absence so he wants to return to steer things right.  Plus it sounds like all his family is there.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Dave can’t talk to tall brunettes in Ambers presence because she knows that’s his type. At least she’s admitting she’s insecure. 

Dave can’t talk to another girl, look at another girl, be in the room with another girl, walk past a girl on the street, buy a tomato at the store that another girl might have touched. . . but at least he can rest easy in the fact that the only girl he will ever be allowed to acknowledge EVER again will consistently misconstrue literally everything he says.  How special!

• Love 10

I am hoping Amber will call it quits on Decision Day because she realizes that having Dave for a husband is just too much EXTRA.

EXTRA work, EXTRA stress, EXTRA vigilance because any tall brunette is threatening to her psyche, EXTRA worry, EXTRA scrutiny because he judges her, EXTRA expectations, EXTRA obligations, EXTRA responsibilities....all these are nightmares for Amber.

• Love 2

So far,  we have seen Danielle allowing Ricky Bobby to serve her, pick up after her dogs, and express love for her and her "beautiful eyes." Thunderbolts can strike a man  twice,  Danielle, and you'd better hope the next doesn't undo the first. 

I thought Amber's directions to blindfolded Dave were incomprehensible. Given the IKEA debacle, it appears that "directions" might not be this couple's forte. 

Tristan and Mia.  I think she has figured out that he is doing well financially. I think he has figured out that she is not doing well ethically or emotionally.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Real4real said:

Dave can’t talk to another girl, look at another girl, be in the room with another girl, walk past a girl on the street, buy a tomato at the store that another girl might have touched. .

Nah, only tall brunettes; the rest are not threatening.

59 minutes ago, Waterlilly said:

Dave is probably in big trouble for being on “Unfiltered” with two women!  Unless of course he has lost the ball and chain.  Come to think of it, he did seem pretty relaxed.

Nah, they're both blonde. Now if it were last season with JamieO's unnaturally brown hair, that might have been a problem.

• Love 1

In the trust exercise Amber basically said “Follow me. Come on. Step forward” repeated about 20 times with no useful or descriptive details.  It was as though she had never had the experience of helping someone do something.  Like literally had never put out effort to help someone.  The trust exercise was a completely foreign experience to her.  In the end, all the trust  exercise did was emphasize to Dave that he’s better off without Amber.

ETA:  I hope Dave’s next romantic relationship is with a short, natural blonde.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 2

Maybe the trust exercise also taught Amber how to communicate better, which in turn will help Dave understand her insecurities better- yeah, that should help them. 

The dresser was a disaster but they can drink together & have sex a lot so there's that (but that's pretty much it).

Edited by gonecrackers
22 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Sock issued discussed: Amber cussing, throwing stuff, melting down because her lack of socks getting dressed.

Dave had big emotional reaction to her tantrum....he is mystified why she over reacts to nothing...but then he lets her affect him with him pouting and fuming for the next 2 hours....

Sex Yoga: Dave can't believe Bobby and Danielle agreed to do it.

Tantric lady kept saying orgasm over and over and Danielle described the session as "horrifying."

Phone swap : Bobby in his lobster boxers and socks... dude is comfy in front of the camera crew for sure...

Dave can't believe Tristan says he trusts Mia completely in the phone swap... Dave and Danielle didn't buy it....

Dave watching Dave in the scene of the lack of trustworthy guys in Amber's past conversation...Danielle calling Dave harsh for his judgement of Amber's past

Bobby and Danielle's dinner: The frustration is with the puppy poo situation not with each other.

Bonus footage: Decision Day looming for Dave...

Dave's ramblings when Jamie O asks point blank about D Day for him ...let's see what happens...find our way to to a more positive place, roadblocks in our relationship...optimistic...

What a load of bs, Dave.

Unfiltered gang's reaction to watching Bobby telling Danielle he loves her....

Dave looks visibly touched and a little emotional because Bobby is his bro and he is happy for The Bobster...

Dave is his best self when around Bobby...Dave has told Bobby that he loves him...Danielle, it's not hard to do...

JamieO makes her usual facial gesticulations....her aww face

Danielle won't be forced to say "it" before she feels it..fair enough....

JamieO with her interviewer hat on...

Dave, under what circumstances are you willing to tell Amber you love her...Dave hemmed and hawed...

but what it would take ...is a loaded glock aimed in between his eyes...

Thanks for watching Unfiltered so I don't have to... :)

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

Amber‘s friend Ashley can do better than Dave. I’m sure Dave’s a nice guy and all, but I think Ashley can land someone with hair and good teeth.

Yep. Those are the important things.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
On 9/18/2018 at 10:44 PM, Yeah No said:

Dave is so judgmental.  I thought Amber was doing a GREAT job of guiding him when he was blindfolded, but all he could do was critique her. 

But he kept asking for clarification before each move--like she'd say to step with his right foot and he'd have to ask, "How far?"  That tells me Amber wasn't doing a good job of guiding him. 

That's interesting because that's not how I saw it at all.  She was trying to tell him but he was so nervous and not trusting her that he wasn't even letting her get to that point.

And even if she wasn't doing a great job, she was obviously trying her best and on intentions alone she should get an A.  Of course, that is lost on Dave, because all he can do is criticize her for not being completely precise.  He misses the spirit of her intentions completely.

• Love 1

Regarding Mia's childhood trauma...in the session with Dr. J, she said something like her dad would give her a death stare just before things escalated. The show knows Mia is a proven liar. So whatever the escalation is that she revealed in the session, they know there is no way in hell they are going to air that because they could get sued. So instead they go with implying and allow people to read between the lines. They're not inadvertently broadcasting any false accusations and opening themselves up to a lawsuit, but they can still communicate it to the viewing audience without sticking their necks out. Or that's my take on it. 

Here's a sad confession. I'm 52 and I want Bobby to be my dad...

• Love 5
7 hours ago, PityFree said:

This, completely.  Tristan is so not into Mia, I can feel it through the screen.  He doesn't care about the color of her skin at this point.  He's totally sour on her and you can tell by his attitude.  He doesn't trust her and with good reason.  The show has pretty much forced him into playing a charade with her for the sake of the cameras.  I think both of them are playing along.  It is so fake I can't stand it anymore.  Their body language gives it away.  All those scenes under blankets on that awful bed.  They don't do anything together anymore.  They probably don't even live together, they just get together to posture on the bed for the cameras and do whatever the producer tells them to do.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Danielle is bad at all.   Some people are not raised to verbalize their emotions.  Some homes even shame children for doing so.  Also, to me at least, love is a verb; it's not what you say, it's what you do.  Any fool can say, "I love you," but not mean it.

I agree, but I think there's something else going on here.  Danielle saying "she just wants to be really sure she feels it before she says it" is a clue as to what that is.  I think Bobby is in part responsible.  He's smothering her to the point that she's unsure as to whether she really loves HIM or whether she just loves all the stuff he does for her.  I can see his behavior putting her in that kind of quandary.  A guy can sweep a woman off her feet with all sorts of grand gestures, but it may confuse her as to whether her feelings are for him or just all the grand gestures.  Bobby needs to back off a little bit so Danielle can "find her feelings" for him.   If he could just stop being so insecure and smothering her with all this stuff he does for her, she might be able to take a step back and realize she really does love the bloke.  Then saying the "L" word would probably be much easier for her.  I got the feeling it wasn't so much not being able to say it as her wanting to be really sure before she said it.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I am hoping Amber will call it quits on Decision Day because she realizes that having Dave for a husband is just too much EXTRA.

EXTRA work, EXTRA stress, EXTRA vigilance because any tall brunette is threatening to her psyche, EXTRA worry, EXTRA scrutiny because he judges her, EXTRA expectations, EXTRA obligations, EXTRA responsibilities....all these are nightmares for Amber.

Yeah, and I think that's because Dave is actually EXTRA demanding.  Amber is bound to feel like she is wanting with a guy like him.  He sends out all sorts of signals that she isn't good enough for him so I think it's no wonder that she feels insecure with him and like he is too much work.  Because he is.   Meanwhile, what is HE doing EXTRA for her?  Not much that I can see, plus he has high expectations.  All he does is sit in his little detached, unemotional ivory tower passing judgment on her every move.   I think this is Dave's pattern with women and why he's still single at age 37.  Then when Amber feels insecure, it's all HER fault?  I don't think so.  I don't think a woman should feel like a man is too much work to please.  If he showed her he accepted her whether or not she's perfect she'd feel free to do all sorts of wonderful EXTRAS for him.  Otherwise, why bother?

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 6