Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Kidding

OMG. Last night's episode was perfection. 

"There's no chemo for dengue!" 

Also loved Mr Pickle-san's creative substitute for a third hand for his puppet. 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2018 at 1:52 PM, Maurina said:

Okay I get that these characters are fairly over the top sometimes, but it strains credulity that they would all scream "Fuck you, cunt!" at a CANCER SURVIVOR.  Especially Jeff's ex wife - she's an oncology nurse, for fuck's sake.

that was a pretty shitty thing for her to do after he helped her so very much with wanting to live. she could have let him down better and in private. wow. felt really bad for jeff.

on the other hand.....not too happy about another animal abuse scene. mr pickles is surely complicated isn't he? all the love blah blah but has no problem killing an innocent bird  whose vocalizations were the creation of the evil tara lipinsky . and then putting it down the garbage disposal.

what was with japanese mr pickles . could he really speak english or were those scenes some weird (not rare for this show) fantasy thing? and the third puppet, um. wtf.

• Like 2

I thought perhaps the f u was a thought not real?!

I couldn't decide whether that really happened or not either. Frankly I feel like this show is going too far off the rails. I could barely maintain attention during this last one and all the scenes between Deirdre and Mr. Pickles-San was like some weird, stream-of consciousness acid trip. I don't know what's real and what isn't anymore. The show makes less and less sense as it goes along.

• Like 2

Never really cared or even watched except for maybe one... the one with Renee Zellweger... of his comedies. I did like him in the dark/fantasy/surreal movies he did though.... Cable Guy, Eternal Sunshine, Truman Show. So I would characterize this show as same.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:52 PM, Maurina said:

Okay I get that these characters are fairly over the top sometimes, but it strains credulity that they would all scream "Fuck you, cunt!" at a CANCER SURVIVOR.  Especially Jeff's ex wife - she's an oncology nurse, for fuck's sake.

Why not?  She did a completely shitty thing and they knew how it would affect him so or course they were mad.  I went through cancer too and don’t remember a time where I was immune to criticism.  

I loved this last episode with the death row inmate.  Beautifully written.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Lemons said:

I loved this last episode with the death row inmate.  Beautifully written.  

Agreed, absolutely stunning. I don't know if it was the lack of music over the end credits or me just absorbing what I had just seen but I started crying as they scrolled.

• Like 3

The story just keeps getting more and more bizarre. I have no idea what they're trying to say with Deirdre and Mr. Pickles-San and the way they seem to communicate telepathically through puppets. WTF. But now that Seb has revealed to his granddaughter how his wife had mental health issues, I'm guessing maybe those issues were inherited by both his children. Maybe Jeff isn't the only one having a mental breakdown - his sister might be having one as well. That would explain a lot of the weird fantasy sequences, if that's what they are. 

I kind of laughed at Tara Lipinski getting her throat slashed by her sister's skate blade, but the problem now is that I can't tell what's supposed to be real in this story and what isn't. (Everything to do with Tara Lipinski has been highly fictionalized: she has no sister in real life and isn't performing as a skater anymore, let alone in childrens' ice shows.)

Wow. Just when I think this show can't get darker, it does.  I'm not sure where they go from this for season 2.

And that's all I'm going to say about this so I don't spoil it for those folks who don't have "Showtime Anytime".

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1

That would have been a crummy way to end the story if the show had not been renewed for another season. I wonder whether they knew that when they wrote it that way. 

The problem with this show remains the inability to tell what's real and what's imaginary, so we can't even be sure whether Jeff really ran that guy down or if it was just a fantasy in his mind. 

It would not surprise me if the series ended up with Jeff in a mental hospital and we find out nothing on the show has been real, it's all been in his mind.

• Like 2

This show has intrigued me since the first episode. I absolutely love each character, even the youngsters. It's probably one of the deepest shows that I have ever seen. 

Jim Carey's eyes. So sad. So haunted. 

• Like 8

On 11/14/2018 at 10:38 PM, Happy Camper said:

I absolutely love each character, even the youngsters. It's probably one of the deepest shows that I have ever seen. 

Amen. Now contrast this with Camping, where I hate all the characters except long-suffering Walt, and the stories are about as deep as a beer puddle on the top of a bar.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Amen. Now contrast this with Camping, where I hate all the characters except long-suffering Walt, and the stories are about as deep as a beer puddle on the top of a bar.

Haven't seen that one, thanks for saving me the trouble of wasting my time checking it out!

• Like 2

On 11/14/2018 at 10:38 PM, Happy Camper said:

This show has intrigued me since the first episode. I absolutely love each character, even the youngsters. It's probably one of the deepest shows that I have ever seen. 

Jim Carey's eyes. So sad. So haunted. 

Is there going to be another season?  Based on the ending maybe not?

Question answered...

I see why Jim Carrey is great for this.  He wasn’t Mister Rogers, but there was always an expectation of him of the type of comedy he should do with more mass appeal when there is a much more darker, serious side to him.  I remember reading an article about him in Details years ago (90’s) about him being a janitor and poverty in his youth.  Lots to draw on there...

Anywho, the show is weird AF, but something in my Harold and Maude addled brain loves it.

Edited by For Cereals