Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E36: Head of Household #13; Nominations #13

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

Sam! That was the wrong thing to say (telling Angela she called her a bitch)!! 

I'm beginning to get sick of Tyler now. Some lying is necessary in the game but I feel like now he's lying unnecessarily.  I don't think he needs to say Brett was trying to get them out to JC and Sam. Just say Brett was a big threat to win in the end.

Angela's mustache is in full force tonight.

And I believe Kaycee quoted Becca from The Bachelorette: "Let's do the damn thing."

• Love 10

JC finally realizes how he didn't have shit under his control this whole time ! I mean, he's still trying to tell Tyler what to do, but he has to realize it won't work. If Tyler was really smart and could pull it off, he'd drag JC to the finale, he'd probably beat him. He might beat Angela, probably will, but I don't think he'll beat Kaycee.

Sam looked really pretty during the HOH comp.

• Love 6

JC can seriously go fuck himself.  Obnoxious whining troll.

Tyler keeps the plates all spinning.

Sam is funny as hell.  I can't figure out if she is that clueless or really playing.

This HoH is confusing as hell.

Angela almost blew it.

I suppose Sam is the better choice to evict.  She almost won that HoH and JC hasn't won a thing, but I can't imagine being trapped in a house with him.

It would totally trash L3's plans if he pulls an HoH win out of his ass.

The tricky part will be securing Sam's jury vote.

What no dancing red hearts to go with the soaring showmance music?  Well, good luck to them.  At least they waited until the final weeks.

One of the L3 is going to be very disappointed.

Nice show the hamsters got.  And at least one beer!

Angela's edit really ramped up the Ice Queen persona tonight.

The nomination speech was rather tame.

Unless Sam wins veto, she's gone.  Doesn't matter what JC does.

• Love 5

Damn, those THs really had me fooled. Sam seemed so chipper in hers, I was convinced she won HOH. 

Or maybe just wishful thinking?

I don't know...I like Tyler and I like Kaycee. But I also like shakeups. I think it would have been fun to get a Sam HOH right about now.

I know Angela's win is good for L6, but I'm just over her smugness. And I'm not really feeling this showmance. I DO feel it's clouding Tyler's judgment. 

I am enjoying JC totally melting down as he realizes he hasn't been controlling shit. 

No idea who this Bebe woman is, so I FF all of that stuff.

• Love 18

Bebe Rexha, whoever you are (I had to Google that shit because I guess I listen to Old People Music or something), your eyelashes should not look like they're about to launch an offensive attack from your face. Those things looked ready to take over the world. 

As to the rest? My biggest takeaway was that Angela may be the first person I've ever thought could pull off that neutral nude colour there at the end. Although white jeans. I'm both amazed and aghast that she would wear them in the Big Brother house and I want to know what kind of magic she has because white. jeans. I know better than to buy white. Especially pants. That's, like, begging for it or something. 

Episodes are always super duper boring and slow leading up to the finale. This was no exception. 

• Love 11

I'm still holding on for the chaos that would be a Sam HoH. I'll take a veto win first though.

Tyler deserves all the slack that JC is giving him because he's intentionally lying to him. Tyler thinks nobody is on to him but I think pretty much everyone is... he's only going to get caught in this web of lies.

I think that is NOT a Showmance but a Puppetmance. I think Angela really is that much of a bitch and is just riding this thing to the end for her own benefit. The game player is getting played. It seems all fake to us... because it is. She's just in love with what Tyler can do for her getting her closer to the money.

That "concert" seemed cool enough, and Sam was cute singing along.

• Love 3

I don’t care who wins anymore- maybe Kaycee, but none of them are very likable or someone I can get behind. 

Sorry- but I’m not buying the Angela/Tyler romance.  

Is Tyler botoxed up? Angela? It’s especially weird when Tyler is talking in the DR.  His forehead never moves. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rockibirdi said:

I don’t care who wins anymore- maybe Kaycee, but none of them are very likable or someone I can get behind. 

What?  Not the threesome of Andy, GinaMarie and the train guy?  Then there was the season of racism/homophobia that was really awful.  I think this is one of the best groups in a long time to accept everyone as they are and are playing with strategy.  I include lying as a strategy.

I am so glad I got to see that Tyler did tell Brett to throw the veto.  How stupid can Brett be at this point in the game?  He deserved to go home.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 8

So.  Is this the point in the season where we start hating the people running the house?  The edits seem to be leaning toward making L6 look like they are marinating in their own hubris.  I sincerely doubt there is going to be any shift of the house at this point. 

HOWEVER, I do hope that the jury lambastes the final 2 and we get to see some of it.  I know in the past, via the live feeds we don't get to see the jury question the finalists, but most of the time the result shows the finalists come back after the blackout like they went through the ringer. BUT... I've rarely seen anything on the TV episodes to reflect that - very few hard criticisms or hard feelings are broadcast.

• Love 1

OMG, JC's stunned face. Hilarious

Ugh, Angela HOH again. So much smug.

Yep, I also don't believe that Tyler and Angela are in a real showmance. Something seems fake about them as a couple to me., mostly about Angela.

The odds of Sam or JC winning the veto comp are slim so one of them is probably out next. I'm betting Sam since none of L6 really consider JC any kind if threat. They can save him for last and the show gets to wring every last drop of comic relief out of him. It's amazing to me he's lasted this long.

• Love 4

I am also not interested in nor do I believe in the Tyler/Angela showmance. I believe that Tyler is smitten that a model/ athlete is interested in him and can’t believe his good fortune. Angela, I believe is looking to get further in the game and develop a following after the show.  The “Ice Princess”whose heart has been melted gives both of them a bit more cache once the show is over. I think she’s been very calculating. I also don’t see much chemistry.

• Love 13

Sorry to do this again (I did the same thing in regards to the comics), did anyone catch or are their links to the different movie posters?  I caught some of them, but I would be interested in seeing them all.

1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

I am also not interested in nor do I believe in the Tyler/Angela showmance. I believe that Tyler is smitten that a model/ athlete is interested in him and can’t believe his good fortune. 

I agree.  

She's a snotty bitch, and I can't stand her.  But putting that aside, I'm disappointed in Tyler because I thought he had his eye on the prize (winning the game).  Now he seems distracted by someone who is likely using him to her own advantage.  There is absolutely no chemistry, and they are extremely uninteresting together, IMO, so they don't even make good TV.  Past showmances have at least had a ring of truth to them (and in some cases, more than just a ring of truth), but I'm not buying this one at all.

• Love 5

Tyler and Angela - I would love to see them both trying to play each other and see who wins out.  If I was Tyler I would probably want to take Angela to the end.  I think if Caycee gets to the end she will get the most votes.  She has played a very good, clean game.  We do know now that thinking is not her strong suit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HighMaintenance said:

HOWEVER, I do hope that the jury lambastes the final 2 and we get to see some of it.  I know in the past, via the live feeds we don't get to see the jury question the finalists, but most of the time the result shows the finalists come back after the blackout like they went through the ringer. BUT... I've rarely seen anything on the TV episodes to reflect that - very few hard criticisms or hard feelings are broadcast.

Unfortunately, that hasn’t been a thing since they switched to a final three, where the third place person gets booted live. The canned questions from the jury on the live show is truly all the questions they get. Horrible change, IMO.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, willco said:

JC finally realizes how he didn't have shit under his control this whole time !

Actually, this is a major part of JC’s primary problem this season; he still doesn’t realize the degree to which he has never had control of this season - or, at the very least, JC refuses to allow himself to acknowledge it. 

JC said as much in this episode; he still believes (or is trying to make himself believe) Tyler’s strategically demonstrated preference towards Kaycee/Angela is a recent thing, growing at least partly out of Tyler’s evolving personal relationship with Angela - that, in effect, Tyler is throwing over his strategic relationship with JC in favor of a romantic relationship with Angela.  This doubly frustrates JC - partly because he cannot help but take such a rejection from Tyler personally, but also because it comes nowhere near providing a coherent explanation for the current situation.  A potential Tyler infatuation with Tangela, for example, does absolutely nothing to explain why Tyler might demonstrate similar protective game tendencies towards Kaycee. 

A long-standing TAK relationship does succinctly resolve all these inconsistencies, of course - but entertaining the thought of such would also require JC to acknowledge all these “stupid” people (especially Tyler) have successfully snowed him for most if not all of the season, and JC’s pride won’t allow acceptance of THAT.  So expect JC to remain confused and ranting all the way out the House’s Front Door.

2 hours ago, willco said:

I mean, he's still trying to tell Tyler what to do, but [JC] has to realize it won't work. 

Methinks you drastically underestimate JC’s capacities for self-delusion.  ;)

• Love 14

I liked Tyler right up until this Tangela thing.  They are both good competitors and "deserve" a win,  (as does Kaycee) but between the smugness and the lack of any excitement I'm done with them.  It would have been far better for them to let JC or Sam win veto and pull themselves off the block, making the Brett nomination a regrettable inevitability instead of a "super secret" plan that they put in motion.   They seem to give more value to mustache twirling than to what will actually win them jury votes.  Speaking of which, did they really need to show the DE machinations during the "previously on" segment and then dissect it again in minute detail over the first 10 minutes of the show??  I watched the last episode, I watched the opening of tonight's show...I get it!  Level 6 are super sneaky and got Brett out before he got them out.

JC is my least favorite of the remaining HGs and I'm glad he's getting his comeuppance (finally) but there really isn't any reason for Tyler to keep lying to him.  What really bothers me about Tangela is that they seem to get a lot of glee out of making people feel stupid when they could just as easily win without being assholes about it.  I don't remember thinking that about Tyler earlier in the season--in fact his ability to gently control people was one of the things I admired about his gameplay in general.  Either his true self is coming up now that it's down to the wire, or Angela has just been a bad influence.

I really enjoyed most of this season, but I don't see any hope for a good ending.  I guess that begs the question which is worse:  Season 19  where it sucked right up until the very end until we got the miracle of Paul losing, or Season 20 that was kind of awesome right up until the last few weeks?

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, leocadia said:

I liked Tyler right up until this Tangela thing.  They are both good competitors and "deserve" a win,  (as does Kaycee) but between the smugness and the lack of any excitement I'm done with them.  It would have been far better for them to let JC or Sam win veto and pull themselves off the block, making the Brett nomination a regrettable inevitability instead of a "super secret" plan that they put in motion.   They seem to give more value to mustache twirling than to what will actually win them jury votes. 

1 hour ago, leocadia said:

What really bothers me about Tangela is that they seem to get a lot of glee out of making people feel stupid when they could just as easily win without being assholes about it.

Probably just prejudice on my part - but I’d be more inclined to attribute such behavior as being in response to Production’s prompting, rather than innate personality traits.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, leocadia said:

What really bothers me about Tangela is that they seem to get a lot of glee out of making people feel stupid when they could just as easily win without being assholes about it.

This was my issue with their "Look how brilliant we are!" little "one step two steps" declaration to Brett. Why? Why send someone out of the house broken and fuming? Just a little "Sorry man, it's just a game" like early-season Tyler would have done would have gone a long way with the Jury. Now Brett leaves blindsided and pissed with Rachel's "What the frick is WRONG with Angela??" ringing in his head.

Also I love that you refer to 'mustache twirling' in this particular case with Angela of course.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Tyler deserves all the slack that JC is giving him because he's intentionally lying to him. Tyler thinks nobody is on to him but I think pretty much everyone is... he's only going to get caught in this web of lies.

JC only caught on a few days ago. So I'd argue that HE is the one who deserves the total meltdown he's having. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

This was my issue with their "Look how brilliant we are!" little "one step two steps" declaration to Brett. Why? Why send someone out of the house broken and fuming? Just a little "Sorry man, it's just a game" like early-season Tyler would have done would have gone a long way with the Jury. Now Brett leaves blindsided and pissed with Rachel's "What the frick is WRONG with Angela??" ringing in his head.

Also I love that you refer to 'mustache twirling' in this particular case with Angela of course.

THIS to all (including and especially the mustache-twirling, Angela).  I feel like Tyler initially had a great handle on jury management but has since completely lost his way and is going to face a justifiably very bitter jury if he makes it to the end (which of course he will).  I am so over Smuggy McMustache's DR's, Tyler's wide-eyed declarations of "trust me, bro!" and most of all, the phrase "Let's Go!" is starting to legitimately make me stabby.

Count me as one who doesn't buy the yawn-inducing Tangela showmance.  Scottie and Steve had more chemistry than these two.

And what do we have to do to get a jury segment??!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And what do we have to do to get a jury segment??!

Wait until Thursday?  ;)   IIRC in past seasons the new JH entry has been a staple part of the Thursday pre-eviction-vote filler; we didn’t get it last week, though, because the DE didn’t allow enough slack time in the episode.  

We’re due a triple-header, though, to catch up; Scottie’s re-entry, Hay, and Brett.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't know why the house guests keep overlooking Kaycee.

I think in Tyler's case it is possibly because he sees that she is not a strategic mind. Sure, she's winning comps, but she has done nothing strategically all game. He's overestimating how much the strategic game matters in the end though and underestimating how much the social game matters. Which I find odd, since in the beginning his social game was great. He's all but given up on it since he got Hacker nommed though.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, leocadia said:

Season 19  where it sucked right up until the very end until we got the miracle of Paul losing, or Season 20 that was kind of awesome right up until the last few weeks?

I'd like to know what's so great about this season because I just don't see it. I can't recall a season where I've been this disengaged, not even last season with Paul and his minions. Different strokes and all but no one outside of LevelTyler has won a veto since week 4. It's been predictable and boring basically every week since then. Even people in the dominate alliance were just waiting until it's their time to go (Brett, Sam, JC), which everyone predicted a long time ago. 

Not taking anything away from Tyler, Kaycee, Angela - they've done what they needed to do to get to the end together and done it well, but it doesn't make for a very entertaining gameshow to watch. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I know I am getting old when they announce a musical act and I say to myself, "Who the fuck is that?"  Then I fast forward through the musical act, because I don't give a shit and have no interest in listening to it anyway.

Same here!  I know I'm getting old when I go to the hair salon and thumb through a People magazine and don't recognize anybody on the pages. Sigh ?

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Sam! That was the wrong thing to say (telling Angela she called her a bitch)!! 

Did she apologize to Kaitlyn when she called her a fat whore?  Major eye roll when she apologized, she's just trying to save her ass.

Who in the bluedilly fuck is Bebe Rexa?  Is she the heiress to the Rexall drug chain?  At any event, I took the time to care for Ma during her appearance.

Sorry, I ain't buying the 'love melts Angela's cold, cold heart' bullshit...I still think she's playing Tyler.  Now, I wouldn't mind that at all, as blindsiding him at the end would be so lovely.  But JC's more in love with Tyler than she is!

I hope to never, EVER fucking hear 'Let's Go!' again for the remainder of my life!!

Edited by Vixenstud
Stupid fat fingers!
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, PaperTree said:

It would totally trash L3's plans if he pulls an HoH win out of his ass.

The tricky part will be securing Sam's jury vote.

I give up about wanting JC to win the next HOH....I wanted Scottie, Brett and Sam to win the last ones and didn't get what I wanted; I didn't get that harp I wanted when I was eleven, but I digress.  (Glares at family)

As for Sam, if she had half a brain she'd use her speech to put Kaycee and Tyler on blast, telling them that they promised her a F3 and she's trusting them to do the right thing.  This will not only piss off Angela but definitely make JC finally see that he's not the puppetmaster he thought he was.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think in Tyler's case it is possibly because he sees that she is not a strategic mind. Sure, she's winning comps, but she has done nothing strategically all game. He's overestimating how much the strategic game matters in the end though and underestimating how much the social game matters. Which I find odd, since in the beginning his social game was great. He's all but given up on it since he got Hacker nommed though.

Well... other than his initial HoH win, early on Tyler’s game was about 50/40/10 social/strategic/physical; Tyler laid low and only won the occasional PoV comp when his or L6’s circumstances required such.  I do think the triple whammy Tyler got from Hay’s initial Hacker tour (getting put OTB, being publicly reamed by Bae, AND having his eviction vote nullified) severely shook Tyler’s confidence in the effectiveness of his own social game, though, and resulted in his shifting away from his original heavy dependence on the social and more towards the strategic and physical facets.

IMHO Tyler shifted away from his social game TOO much - but hey, what do I know?  ;)

24 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Same here!  I know I'm getting old when I go to the hair salon and thumb through a People magazine and don't recognize anybody on the pages. Sigh ?

Until Julie’s mention on last Thursday’s episode, I’m pretty certain I’d never heard the name Bebe Rexha before in my life - but I liked what I heard, a lot.  I was expecting another Ariana Grande wannabe Autotune angel, so I was pleasantly surprised.  :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes.  I bet he blames his "showmance" if he doesn't win.

37 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well... other than his initial HoH win, early on Tyler’s game was about 50/40/10 social/strategic/physical; Tyler laid low and only won the occasional PoV comp when his or L6’s circumstances required such.  I do think the triple whammy Tyler got from Hay’s initial Hacker tour (getting put OTB, being publicly reamed by Bae, AND having his eviction vote nullified) severely shook Tyler’s confidence in the effectiveness of his own social game, though, and resulted in his shifting away from his original heavy dependence on the social and more towards the strategic and physical facets.

IMHO Tyler shifted away from his social game TOO much - but hey, what do I know?  ;)

Until Julie’s mention on last Thursday’s episode, I’m pretty certain I’d never heard the name Bebe Rexha before in my life - but I liked what I heard, a lot.  I was expecting another Ariana Grande wannabe Autotune angel, so I was pleasantly surprised.  :)

Yes to your response to the above quote.  Count me in with all of you who have never heard of Bebe Rexha either.  We are a very close and getting larger family.  My bro (head of family), sis and I are the old guard now that our parents are gone.  Have been since our late 40s.  When we travel and caravan up north, we frequently trade seats in cars.  I have been with those of us in our 50s, 40s, 30s, late and early 20s, teens, tweens and birth through 7.  I have never heard a request for her EVER.

@Vixenstud - We can never have nice things.

Question - do the house guests know there is an elimination on Wednesday?  There is one also on Thursday, no?

@HartofDixie - Thanks for the posters.  They are hilarious!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Question - do the house guests know there is an elimination on Wednesday? 

Two-part answer:

1. No - “expect the unexpected”, remember?  Although a midweek eviction has been a staple for years now - so for fans of the show, it’s hardly “unexpected”.  ;)
  2. The elimination will be aired on Wednesday, but that’s probably not when it will actually occur; it won’t be a live broadcast, so Production will want to allow time for editing.  More than likely the eviction will take place sometime midweek of a normal HoH reign - Monday or Tuesday,

3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

There is one also on Thursday, no?

Should be, if they’re going to stay on schedule.

• Love 3