Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Smashing Friendships

• Start Topic

On 9/20/2018 at 4:22 PM, Nancybeth said:

I found it telling that the wedding planner didn't start with "what is your budget"?  He kept harping on the number of guests and that everything would be dependent on the number of guests.  But it seems like the overall budget would be more important.  I assume LeeAnn is hoping to get a lot of free stuff for her wedding.

I see Rich as a guy who does not really want to be bothered by all the planning, he could probably be happy in front of a JP or eloping to one of the islands but I see LeeAnn trying to turn her wedding in to some overblown, royal affair.  Her wedding planner seems like he can make a mess of things doing what he wants not what the bride wants. 

I wish I had the money that is about to be wasted just to try and make the other HW's jealous.

• Love 3
On 9/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, DFWGina said:

And LeeAnne's wedding planner is what I refer to as "prematurely black".  For the love no human has hair that color!  It was solid, pitch black.

No wonder LeeAnne loves him. 

13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I see Rich as a guy who does not really want to be bothered by all the planning, he could probably be happy in front of a JP or eloping to one of the islands but I see LeeAnn trying to turn her wedding in to some overblown, royal affair.

I wonder where LeeAnne thinks she going to get the money for a 500-1000 guest wedding. That would be a hugely expensive wedding. She and Rich have no big money. He's a retired cop, right? And she has no job. Yeah, I know the show is her job right now but what about before? You can tell from the house they live in that they can't keep up with the McMansions the others live in. A house, by the way, that would suit me, a commoner of the first degree just fine but we are talking about "Dallas royalty" here (lol). 

• Love 1
On 9/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, Hero said:

Brandi and Stephanie seem like a lot of fun to hang out with. 

I think they try really hard to make it appear that way.  They seem annoying to me.  

D'Andra, as old money, should know that the first rule of having money is that you NEVER TALK ABOUT MONEY!  Not even to clear up a misconception that you don't have any.  It is gross and it is making me think she is not as secure as she claims.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Would we really consider D’Andra old money? I don’t think Dee and her step father grew up rich. I think they are new money. 

I thought they introduced her as Old Dallas Money when she was first introduced to the show.  Also, I was thinking she must be Old Dallas Money, because of "the Simmons name, the Simmons name!"  But - then I remembered that Dee's last name is Simmons and so is D'Andra's... but D'Andra's stepfather - is he not the Simmons?  Or did Dee not change her name?  I thought the big money was from D'Andra's father's parents.  I will have to research this.

From what I have gathered via Google, D'andra had a rich uncle in the form of Harold Simmons. Net worth at the time of his death in 2013 was $10b. His brother Glenn Simmons ran some of his companies. Glenn was Dee's husband. In his obit, D'andra is called his daughter although she referred to him as her stepfather.

D’Andra is a spoiled brat. She is way too old to be feeling constraints in her trust fund and “business”. What the Hell has she been doing for the last 30 years??  Certainly not the traditional wife / mother route, not really a career driven woman either. More like a spoiled “trust fund baby” who played work in her mother’s company. Boo fricking Hoo.....?

I don’t think Travis is a cheater-I think he is weary of Stephanie’s dependence on him and is trying to help her find her wings. Not sure about Brian and Brandi- sure seems odd that he hasn’t been present for their home visits- in fact the only time he has been around was at the adoption celebration party. 

• Love 3
On September 24, 2018 at 4:59 PM, gunderda said:

I dunno... ginger babies seem to be popping up (or out?) a lot lately.... especially to couples that normally wouldn't have a ginger baby (I know two).  I think they're about ready to take over the world. 

A blonde friend of mine and her blonde husband had a ginger baby, so yeah.  It is the most glorious, shiny red hair and he's 5 now and every time she talks about taking him for a haircut I threaten to call CPS (jokingly of course, she is a great mom)

silly question but isn't there a rock star from the 70s/80s named Dee Simmons?  He had long curly blonde hair.  Does anyone know who I'm talking about?  

I hope the Deandra/Leanne fight is scripted like the Brandi/Stephanie conflict of last year.  It sucks that reality shows ruin friendships the way they do marriages.

• Love 3

D'Andra tickled me.  Crying being so upset  over having $200.00 in her bank account.....she obviously doesn't realize that some women DREAM of having $200.00 in their bank account to go shopping.  lol  Rich people's problems once again.  

• Love 2
On 9/26/2018 at 6:39 PM, dosodog said:

Dee Simmons is the lead singer of Twisted Sister.

I have no comment on his make up skills compared to the ladies. 

That's Dee Snider. Then there is Gene Simmons of KISS. Can you imagine what a love child of those two would look like? LOL!

• Love 5
On 9/26/2018 at 10:06 AM, Juliegirlj said:

D’Andra is a spoiled brat. She is way too old to be feeling constraints in her trust fund and “business”. What the Hell has she been doing for the last 30 years??  Certainly not the traditional wife / mother route, not really a career driven woman either. More like a spoiled “trust fund baby” who played work in her mother’s company. Boo fricking Hoo.....?

The story is she actually had a very good career, including positions in the White House, and then Mama Dee begged her to come home and take over the company.

• Love 3

Oh my gosh, did anyone see this?  This is so sad - the woman who owned the Anger Room who appeared in this episode has since been killed by her ex-boyfriend.  D'Andra spoke of how she escaped domestic violence, which she mentions on the show but these details are chilling:  http://www.fox4news.com/news/real-housewives-of-dallas-castmember-shares-connection-with-homicide-victim-donna-alexander  Poor Donna.  And I am glad that D'Andra escaped this awful ex. 

• Love 1