Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Yaaay, Arizona!? It kept me from a shutout! 1/5.

It finally happened!

A perfect week!!

Perfectly horrific!!!

Week 45: 0 for 5!!!!

Oh, the shame!!!!!

I did that early in the season. I'm pretty sure I was the only one until now. Mazel tov! 

• Love 3

Well, the party this week is at the Table For 1s and 0s. Glad I will have company, usually I'm pretty lonesome here. I'm bringing a bucket of wings and a six-pack of Mountain Dew for that good old Appalachian Tooth Rot thing. Plus freshly made choco-chip cookies to help wash down the Dew.

I remember when Mountain Dew's slogan was "Yahoo, Mountain Dew!" and the image was a hillbilly holding a jug, and the jug shooting its cork through the hillbilly's hat brim. Maybe that will be a FJ some day.

You're welcome.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, GenerationX said:

I'm very curious as to my overall score, but will wait one more week for the final total.

What, only one week left in the contest? Say it ain't so!

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

No fair passing notes under the table! 

its more like I won't shut up about that evil bastard 🙂  Heh, so everyone should have known it. 

Edited by M. Darcy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Tabasco Cat said:

I won't be "enjoying" any of that during the coming 6 weeks.

I'll bet I'll do better getting all the FJs correct though. So there's that. Maybe I'll actually get a 5 week. Maybe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Tabasco Cat said:

during the coming 6 weeks.

Actually, with "All-Star", 2 teen and teachers (all 4, according to Alex, are being rerun), that would be 8 weeks, unless they (a) really only show the early teen and not the teen we just saw a couple of weeks ago or (b) skip the first week quarter finals of the 2 teen or teachers week (hopefully not teachers week, otherwise we'll miss teebax).

• Love 1

Got all players recorded for last week; thanks everyone. One more week to go, then it's the Big Reveal of Winners. Remember, six of you will be winners!

I'm looking forward to seeing @teebax's episode on the Teachers Tourney. It was preempted here, and I got raked good in the Season 35 thread for complaining about that. I wonder if she has revealed who Mean Teacher was yet. I'd like to put a face to the name when that tournament gets rerun.

• Love 3

Ending strong (for me) - 3/5. Should’ve been 4 but I could not remember the Titanic boat name. I was really surprised none of the contestants got it either!

• Love 1
(edited)

WEEK 46 — THREE asterisk
* 213. Landmarks. David Livingstone wrote of this discovery of his, “Scenes so lovely must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight.”  *
214. Toys & Games. The prototype for this game that was introduced in 1948 was called Lexiko.
215. Children's Authors. This author & illustrator who won the 1964 Caldecott Medal was dubbed the “Picasso of children’s books.”
* 216. 1970s Album Reviews. Rolling Stone said this 1976 album had “the best & worst tendencies of L.A.-situated rock” & was an “unflattering portrait of the milieu.”  *
* 217. Historic Ships. 215 passengers were rescued when it sank in July 1918, about 500 fewer than it had rescued 6 years earlier. *

Edited by saber5055

2/5, a meh ending...but with two *!! A first for me in the last week of the season! Thursday was one of those instagets that I knew before Alex was done reading the clue. I was floored when the contestants went 0/3! But happy to pick up the *!

This was fun, thanks to Saber for having this contest. I'm up for doing it again next season, although I may rethink that after my pathetic numbers are tallied up!

• Love 2

3/5 It was almost 2/5 but at the last second I got Carpathia.

Yes, many thanks to Saber for running this contest.  I would certainly like to do it again next year.

I am looking forward to seeing my final score, even though I know it's going to be in the lower half.

• Love 2

Thank you everyone for the nice words about the contest. I had fun being The Ref (great Denis Leary film, BTW) and it gave me a little something to make me feel quasi-important. Plus, being scorekeeper kept my feeble totals out of the spotlight. So there's that plus for me.

Some players aren't able to add their scores until Monday or Tuesday. After everyone is in, I'll announce the winners here. I can post the entire score list if ya'll want, or I can PM it. Up to yous guys.

I'd like to nominate me to be scorekeeper for Season 36 FJ Contest. All who vote for me, say EYE. I mean, aye. Just keep in mind, anyone who wants to usurp me, your scores aren't totaled yet.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Some players aren't able to add their scores until Monday or Tuesday. After everyone is in, I'll announce the winners here. I can post the entire score list if ya'll want, or I can PM it. Up to yous guys.

I'd like to nominate me to be scorekeeper for Season 36 FJ Contest. All who vote for me, say EYE. I mean, aye. Just keep in mind, anyone who wants to usurp me, your scores aren't totaled yet.

Aye!! 

Post the entire score list! Unless I’m last of course 🙂 

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 5:13 PM, saber5055 said:

Thank you everyone for the nice words about the contest. I had fun being The Ref (great Denis Leary film, BTW) and it gave me a little something to make me feel quasi-important. Plus, being scorekeeper kept my feeble totals out of the spotlight. So there's that plus for me.

Eye, aye, please!!

i got way too far behind a few months ago and couldn’t keep up, but I’d love another chance to play next season!

Edited by JeezumCrow
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, JeezumCrow said:

i got way too far behind a few months ago and colluding keep up, but I’d love another chance to play next season! 

I still have your seven weeks on my score sheet @JeezumCrow. You were doing well. Yes to you playing Season 36!

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I'm okay with you posting the list.

And I second your nomination (Aye,Aye). It's been fun to have a reason to keep track of my FJ scores.

• Love 1

Week 46: 3 for 5, 1*.

I'm going to save my thanks to saber until I see my prize. 

j/k

You did a great job and it's been fun, even though I didn't break 50%. You get my vote for running the whole thing again next season.

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I had fun being The Ref (great Denis Leary film, BTW).....

Such a funny movie.

2 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

Post the entire score list! 

2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm okay with you posting the list.

1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

I'm good with posting the whole list, too.

1 hour ago, Trey said:

I vote for posting the whole list. 

<shudders>

I'm having flashbacks to having one of those teachers that liked to pass back tests according to percentage order, so the whole class knew how everyone did.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1