Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saber5055

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

Wow, 5/5!! Everything was just in my wheelhouse this week, I guess.

• Like 7

It's nice when that happens.  At least...I imagine it is:)

• Laugh 4

11 hours ago, GenerationX said:

4/5.  I could've had 5/5 had I just fixed the glitch.

In the Matrix? 😉

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Got everyone recorded for this past week, except @Sharpie66 who has been missing several weeks. Let us know you are okay Sharpie.

Thank you all for continuing to play the contest. Good luck this week everyone.

• Like 4

5/5, another smart formerly teenage Firefly fan!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Week 41 - 4/5  

Season to date - 106/203 11* 

Gotta love the Teen Tournament!

4/5 - though that's because the mister broke our FJ rule and shouted Victoria before I got there. 😞

• Sad 2

4/5 for me this week. Stupid royalty question!

4/5  I knew Ben Franklin was many things but I didn't know he wrote for a newspaper under a pseudonym.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trey said:

I knew Ben Franklin was many things but I didn't know he wrote for a newspaper under a pseudonym.

You would have if you had seen National Treasure. Although I saw that movie and missed the question too. I mean, that was 15 years ago ...

11 hours ago, SHD said:

Stupid royalty question!

I did get that one correct, thank you very much PBS.

12 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I wanted to be perfect for once.

You are perfect in my eyes.

14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I'm as smart as a teenager!

All of you are smarter than I am. I'm waiting for the Pre-Teen/Toddler Tourney. Although I have doubts about my ability in that, too.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

49 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

You are perfect in my eyes.

😘

• Like 1

WEEK 41 — NO asterisk
199. New England. Neighborhoods in this city include Federal Street, Gallows Hill, & Witchcraft Heights.
200. Kings Queens & Presidents. 17 U.S. Presidents served all or part of their terms during the reign of this British monarch.
201. Ancient Literature. If you were using an alternate name, the title of this work could be translated as “Troy Story.”
202. 18th Century Americans. “Essays to Do Good” by Cotton Mather inspired Silence Dogood, the newspaper pseudonym of this man.
203. Compound Words. This 8-letter word can follow nuclear to refer to a dangerous accident, or mean a total loss of emotional control.

Trivia: Our last asterisk was question 174.

Week 41:  5/5 (thank you teen tourney!)  Overall: 127/203  (13 *)

• Like 1

Didn't do as well as all of you, 3/5. Didn't know that factoid about BF. And there were only two possible answers for Tuesdays question, and I picked the wrong one, of course. 

Week 41: 3 for 5.

Every other day I was as smart as a teenager!

• Laugh 4

4/5

Didn't stand a chance when I misheard/read/translated into brainwaves 1800s Americans instead of 18th century. Rookie mistake. Would I have gotten it right if I had the right category? I didn't know it, but maybe would have guessed it... we'll never know!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

5/5! But I feel that my score should have an asterisk since the FJs this week were so easy.

Sez you! I'm at the Table For Three myself.

• Like 2

This week a paltry 2/5 - for a Teen Tournament week, no less! 

Week 42: five for five, with an asterisk!  I am as smart as a teenager! (Boy, am I glad that none of the teen pop culture categories were Final Jeopardy categories. I would be toast.)

• Laugh 1

Well, I jinxed it by posting last week about no asterisks. It was a great 31 days, folks, almost a full six weeks. Now it's like a Simpson's episode, "We've gone THREE days without an accident." Or, in this case, asterisk.

I do want to say I caught the TS shout out a while back to @MrAtoz, Ball State/Muncie. I also caught two TS shout outs to me, my favorite artist Edward Hopper, and the TS reflected by the five cameras in my camera bag, Nikon.

Here is the painting Hopper did of me taking the train to Chicago for a day at the Art Institute:

compartment-c-edward-hopper.thumb.jpg.714106803d51a1b77908f6eef9ab2508.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

WEEK 42 — ONE asterisk
204. Colleges & Universities. Starting a university after his only son died in 1884, this man said, “The children of California shall be our children.”
 * 205. Other Nations’ Presidents. This nation’s 1st 8 presidents were all born in the U.S.; the 1st local-born Pres. came in 1884, 37 years after independence.  *
206. 19th Century Literary Characters. “Hard and sharp as flint…he iced his office in the dog-days; and didn’t thaw it one degree at Christmas.”
207. International Organizations. The first time this organization invoked Article 5 was September 12, 2001.
208. Places of Lore. The first mention of this locale is in Chretien de Troyes’ 12th century poem “Lancelot, the Knight of the Cart.”

I was impressed by all the teens in this tournament, it was a good tourney. Avi, the eventual winner, is a young man of the highest order. His parents (and teachers) should be proud, as should the parents and teachers of all of the contestants. Well done to all.

• Like 4

3/5. I heard that the show got some negative feedback for having a second Teen Tournament, and I can only guess that those complaining didn't actually watch, because it was an entertaining, well-played tournament. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

I heard that the show got some negative feedback for having a second Teen Tournament, and I can only guess that those complaining didn't actually watch, because it was an entertaining, well-played tournament. 

There is so much negativity everywhere, which is why I left the Season 35 thread. (That, and getting spanked by the mod.) I agree with your assessment of the tournament. And if the show can help some talented teens with the direction of their future, where's the bad in that.

• Sad 1

Week 42:  3/5  (0 *)   Overall:   130/208  (13 *)

Week 42 - 4/5, one *

Season to date - 110/208 12*

Week 42: 4 for 5.

<shakes fist at Liberia>

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3