Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Darn you, Woody Guthrie!  You spoiled my perfect zero for the week!  1/5.

We truly are two of a kind.

1/5 for me this week.

• LOL 1

WEEK 39 — NO asterisk
189. Shakespeare’s Time. The line “a great reckoning in a little room” in “As You Like It” is usually taken to refer to this author’s premature death.
190. World Time Zones. This European country is still an hour ahead of GMT, a move made in 1940 to be on the same time as Nazi Germany.
191. The NATO Phonetic Alphabet. This discovery of November 8, 1895 by a German physicist represents a letter in the NATO phonetic alphabet.
192. American Music Legends. Steinbeck called him “just a voice and a guitar” but said his songs embodied “the will of a people to endure and fight against oppression.”
193. Canadian Cities. City Hall in this Western provincial capital is on Victoria Avenue near the corner of Albert Street.

• Love 4

Week 39: 1 for 5.

23 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Darn you, Woody Guthrie!  You spoiled my perfect zero for the week!  1/5.

20 hours ago, SHD said:

We truly are two of a kind.

1/5 for me this week.

Table for 3!  

sad triplets GIF by The Boss Baby

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

4/5

I came thisclose to being spoiled every day but Friday this week. I am on the West coast on vacation, and kept forgetting that in this time zone, today's game talk starts earlier!!!! It took all week for me to learn.... and I'm going back home to Atlantic time tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

Sorry! I've been on vacation.

Last week (June 3-7)- 2 of 5. 

Thanks @helpmerhonda. I hope you had a good vaca. I'm also missing your Week 38 score. If you scroll backward here, you'll find the clues so as to refresh your memory.

Well, I'll need your this week's score too (Week 40). Clues yet to be posted.

WEEK 40 — NO asterisk
194. 20th Century Theater. The final scene of this play takes place by a grave & includes the line “He had the wrong dreams.”
195. Landmarks. Poet Rabindranath Tagore compared this landmark to a teardrop glistening on the cheek of time.
196. Popular Products. This product that brought virtual tourism into homes in 1939 introduced its first virtual reality device in 2015.
197. Word History. This word for a bug or malfunction was popularized in the 1962 book “Into Orbit” by the Mercury astronauts.
198. Medical News 2018. For the first time, the FDA approved a drug for the treatment of this, though there hadn’t been a new case in 40 years.

• Love 1

Week 40: 2 for 5.

21 hours ago, SHD said:

I hope the Teen Tournament lifts my scores.

Same. At this point, I'm hoping to make it to 50% for the season. It's not looking good!

• Love 2