Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Week 37: 1 for 5.

Curse you, everything except Virginia.

I've been remarkably consistent these past few weeks. Consistently bad, but consistent!

angry stan marsh GIF by South Park

• LOL 3

WEEK 37 — NO asterisk
179. Name The French Author. “I am making myself liable to articles 30 & 31 of the law of 29 July 1881 regarding the press, which make libel a punishable offense.”
180. Poetry & The Movies. Robert Lowell’s “For the Union Dead” honored the 54th Massachusetts, the infantry unit in this 1989 film that won 3 Oscars.
181. 19th Century American History. In 1832, by a narrow margin, this state’s legislature rejected considering abolition; a split was completed in 1863.
182. Jazz Classics. In one account, this song began as directions written out for composer Billy Strayhorn to Duke Ellington’s home in Harlem.
183. Around The USA. Astronomy buffs visit Idaho for the USA’s first dark sky reserve; oddly, part of it is this resort area with a bright name.

• Love 1

2/5

Too US-centric me this week - which I guess is fair for an American show. For the jazz one, I immediately started thinking 'Don't Get Around Much Any More' and couldn't move on from that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Week 38: 5 for 5.

I know, shocking!!!

<wondering if we need to send out a search party for saber>

Where are you?

ETA: saber sighting in the AGT forum. I repeat, saber sighting in the AGT forum.

Edited by lb60
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

WEEK 38 — NO asterisk
184. Games. When this game was introduced in 1860, it had squares like Intemperance & Poverty & if you hit the Suicide square your game was over.
185. Animated Characters. This cartoon character was based on a character in the educational comic “The Intertidal Zone.”
186. 19th Century Novels. The author of this tale dedicated the novel to British philosopher William Godwin, her father.
187. National Anthems. Its anthem was adopted in 1947 to replace one by Joseph Haydn that had been tainted by associated with Nazis.
188. Oscar-Nominated Families. It’s the last name of Alfred, Lionel, David, Emil, Thomas & Randy, who with 90 nominations, are the most Oscar-nominated family.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Here's pathetic: Saber 0/5.

Sometimes that's me too. Since we've been doing this contest I have found out that I'm not as smart as I thought I was.  Very humbling.

• Love 1

Are we still officially doing this? I haven’t gotten the ‘your score has been tallied’ heart from saber in a couple of weeks.

If so , 1/5

If not, I can switch over to lying. I STILL HAVEN’T MISSED ONCE THIS SEASON.

• LOL 4