Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

WEEK 31 — NO asterisk
149. Hollywood History. On June 6, 2018 the Chinese Theatre dimmed its lights to honor Jerry Maren, who lived to the greatest age of any of this 1939 group.
150. Physics Terms. Ironically, it’s a metaphor meaning a huge step forward, but this 2-word process only occurs on a subatomic scale.
151. European History. In 2000 the Russian Orthodox Church canonized 7 members of this family, 82 years after their deaths.
152. Celebrities. This inductee into the Video Hall of Fame sold 17 million copies of a videocassette she released in 1982.
153. Literary Adaptations. The director of the 2018 TV version of this 1953 classic said yes, books were harmed in the making of this motion picture.

• Love 1

How many weeks are in this contest? I don’t recall how many new weeks there are in a season. I’m pretty sure I’m dead last in this and I’m curious when my weekly shame will end. LOL 

5/5! It seems like there have been a lot Of entertainment related questions lately. That version of Fahrenheit 451 is sitting on my TiVo not being watched since it premiered on HBO almost a year ago! 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, SHD said:

How many weeks are in this contest? I don’t recall how many new weeks there are in a season. I’m pretty sure I’m dead last in this and I’m curious when my weekly shame will end. LOL 

I think it was in the Season 35 thread where someone posted season ends in July, like July 25 or thereabouts. I saw the post either today or yesterday. But don't quote me because I don't know for a fact. While contest rankings change week to week, you are not dead last, which is too bad since dead last wins a guaranteed prize. So does second to dead last! Almost everyone wins a prize in this contest. (Except me, gah.)

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

You guy are all Mega Smarties this week. Treats for everyone!

Smarties-Mega.thumb.jpg.62910c6d7b53932259343bb3c8b93315.jpg

Gift for the hostess. Take one, take ‘em all. Be as greedy as you want...

187E5F2D-4DCE-49F0-BCF9-58F160763446.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, opus said:

Gift for the hostess. Take one, take ‘em all. Be as greedy as you want...

"I am humbled by your applause." --TM Johnny Carson

Thanks @opus. I'll sneakily take them all when no one is looking ...

• Love 2

WEEK 32 — NO asterisk
154. Stamps. Living people are rarely seen on a stamp, but in July 1945 the USPS issued one depicting this military event.
155. International News. In 2014 this 10,000-square-mile region moved its clocks forward 2 hours to Moscow Standard Time.
156. 20th Century Literary Characters. His first name refers to the ancient district in which you’d find the Greek capital; his surname is a bird.
157. Comic Book Superheroes. During his years with the Justice League of America, this superhero sometimes used the identity “C. King.”
158. British Monarchs. A “VI” has followed these 3 royal names of English kings.

3/5.  Monday and Tuesday were instagets, and Friday was a pure luck.  Since I know next to nothing about British royalty, I went with the first three names that came to mind and figured/guessed they must've had the most different people use those names.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2019 at 6:57 AM, Clanstarling said:

If I'd only heard "sea king" instead of "seeking", it would have been 4/5. Sigh...

That’s how I read/heard it as well. I doubt it would help because my knowledge of the Justice League is limited to ignoring the trailer for the 2017 movie.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That’s how I read/heard it as well. I doubt it would help because my knowledge of the Justice League is limited to ignoring the trailer for the 2017 movie.

I used to read Aquaman comics when I was little - so I might have worked my way there if I'd heard it right.