Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

The tournament has thrown me off - I don’t remember the questions this week. Not going to lie - I think I got 0, but I need to see the list of FJs first.

4 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

The big ol' goose egg here, too. Overall, I'm enjoying the tournament, but didn't much enjoy FJ this week!

Ditto!! A big fat 0 here too. 

I did almost get Rembrandt.  I knew the Van Rijn part but them my mouth blurted out Raphael instead of Rembrandt. 

• Love 1

For some reason, I completely forgot about the FJ contest this week.  :-(   Team Goose Egg for the win! I declare myself captain. Here are the clues:

WEEK 25 — TWO asterisks  
120. European Artists. His seldom-used last name reflects his birth near the mouth of a river that flows from the Alps to the North Sea.
121. 20th Century History. Interpreting for Vaclav Havel, future ambassador Rita Klimova gave us this phrase for a smooth change of government.
 *122. British Literature. A chapter of “The Jungle Book” has this double-talk title, echoing the opening line of a Brit’s poem some 100 years prior. *
 *123. Presidential Election Years. Prior to 2016 it was the last election year in which the winning candidate had never held public elected office. *

20 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Team Goose Egg for the win! I declare myself captain.

Hi Captain! I'm hoping to get Wednesday's right. I figure for the next two nights it'll be things like Prime Ministers of the Netherlands from 1848-1849    (it's Jacobus Mattheüs de Kempenaer, if Wikipedia is to be believed)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, opus said:

I figure for the next two nights it'll be things like Prime Ministers of the Netherlands from 1848-1849    (it's Jacobus Mattheüs de Kempenaer

I am going to be VEEEEERY suspicious if Monday's FJ subject is PMs of the Netherlands.

• LOL 1

1, with *

I feel like I could have come up with Rembrandt if I hadn't read/heard the clue wrong. I was trying to come up with an artist who was born in the Alps. Pay attention, Fex!

• Love 2

WEEK 26 — ONE asterisk  
124. Ancient Writings. Its principles still used today, this treatise has chapters called “Weak Points & Strong” & “Tactical Dispositions.”
125. Constitutional Amendment Math. Total of the numbers of the amendments banning state-sponsored official religion, ending slavery & repealing Prohibition.
* 126. Word Origins. This 8-letter word for a reaction against a trend comes from an engineering term for a jolt caused by a gap in machine parts. *
127. Art. This famous work of art was damaged in 1652 when a door was cut into a wall, removing Jesus’ feet.
128. 20th Century Newsmakers. In 1982 a probate judge in his home state of Michigan declared him legally dead.

2/5. Not bad, should have been better. Felt so smart figuring out Tuesday's clue, then they all got it (they were all-stars, though!). And I agree with those who say it was a badly-worded clue. Friday was an instaget and was so surprised when only one of them got it right.

• Love 1