Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

3/5 again this week. Tuesday was an instaget, Wednesday an educated guess that panned out. Since I generally do well with anything astronomy related, Friday wasn't quite an instaget, but close. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Driad said:

Saber5055 -- How many of us are playing?  

There are 21 players. Ten others started, then dropped out after a few weeks. I am not counting me, who would be in strong contention for Low Score if I allowed myself to be a real contestant!

Ha, I just noticed ... 21 players have made it to Week 21.

• Love 4

WEEK 22 — ONE asterisk  
106. The U.S. Senate. An 1890 resolution by Senator Aldrich was killed by this, the very technique it sought to limit; a 1917 rule set some boundaries on it.
 *107. The 19th Century. In his autobiography, Buffalo Bill Cody remembered this venture as “a relay race against time.” *
108. International Borders. Germany has land borders with 9 countries & only maritime borders with 2 countries, the U.K. & this one across the Baltic.
109. Presidents & The Movies. 3 Presidential films, all directed by Oliver Stone, have a total of only 9 letters in their titles–“Nixon” & these 2.
110. Shakespeare Comedies. At the end of this play: “Why are our bodies soft & weak …but that our …hearts should well agree with our external parts?”

I finally got caught up on all the Jeopardy on my DVR yesterday... when the forum was down! So, 3/5 last week and this week. At least I'm consistent.

No asterisk 

Edited by Fex
  • Love 1

@Toothbrush, I gave you an asterisk since you got all five answers this week. We now have The Battle of Three Brainiacs for high score in Week 22. Congrats. Long may your brain cells live.

20 hours ago, opus said:

Can I be the Dumbie Pants?

I am the honorary captain of The Dunce Cap Crowd. I'm not sure you qualify as a full-time member but we'll let you sit in our meetings. If you bring pastries.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

WEEK 23 — TWO asterisks
111. Primetime TV. “Complications” was a suggested title for this ABC drama that was renewed for a 15th season in 2018.
112. Islands. 650 miles off the U.S., it was the site of a 1609 shipwreck of colonists bound for Jamestown that may have inspired “The Tempest.”
 * 113. Poets. He gave his pets names like Wiscus, Pettipaws, George Pushdragon & Jellylorum, the last of which he used in a poem. *
114. Colorful Geography. Named for a soldier killed in 1846 at the start of a war, it was in the news again as a port of entry to the U.S. in 2018.
 * 115. 19th Century Inventors. He spent his life improving a plant-based substance he described as a “vegetable leather” or “elastic metal.”

Edited by saber5055