Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/17/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 17 
The Political View with Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Sept. 18 
Sally Field (memoir, “In Pieces”); Willie Nelson (album, “My Way”)

Wednesday, Sept. 19 
Day of Hot Topics 

Thursday, Sept. 20 
Kelly Clarkson (“The Voice”) 

Friday, Sept. 21 
 Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin (“The Irwin Family”); Cheryl Hines

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

I wonder what (who) they will discuss with Sally Field?

Burt, certainly and I bet she wants to get off that topic swiftly.  Since his death she has come into sharp focus because he said she was the love of his life.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I love Sally Field and Kelly Clarkson. Willie Nelson's nice, too. I'm looking forward to all of them.

Me too.  I consider myself a close personal friend of Willie because I saw him riding his bike on A1A on Hutchinson Island FL when I lived there.  I adore Kelly.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I love Sally Field and Kelly Clarkson. Willie Nelson's nice, too. I'm looking forward to all of them.

Kelly was the best American Idol.  She seems like a very nice person, also.  Sally - she's OK, will read the book rather than watch her.  Willie - meh.

• Love 2

Willie's there because of the latest uproar over him doing a concert for a particular political candidate. Media tends to give a attention to people when they become a hot topic. This is just going to draw more to the campaign that he supports. ☺

I want to be excited over Sen Schumer visiting but he's a bit too wordy for my tastes. I wish he was a bit stronger when he speaks. I am glad to see him make an appearance though, as I am sure he appeals to others. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Stacee said:

Willie's there because of the latest uproar over him doing a concert for a particular political candidate. Media tends to give a attention to people when they become a hot topic. This is just going to draw more to the campaign that he supports. ☺

I want to be excited over Sen Schumer visiting but he's a bit too wordy for my tastes. I wish he was a bit stronger when he speaks. I am glad to see him make an appearance though, as I am sure he appeals to others. 

I find Schumer to be weak and ineffectual. Plus, I did not like how he did not defend a colleague of his. So, I am not enthused by him at all.  He did some things recently that really pissed people off.  I cannot go into it because it would be off-topic. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Aww, I love the family, too.  His kids remind me so much of him.

I like his kids, they seem very poised.  Steve was fine in small doses.  My daughter visited his zoo when she was in Australia.  My husband is still wearing the t-shirt she brought back.  (Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. ?)

• Love 5

Someone has probably already said this before but Abby totally looks like Ashley Judd circa 1990s.  She is very pretty but the lipstick/liner situation.  Oy.  And go figure.  There is such a thing as hair that is too shiny. 

I am surprised that MM is still not there.  Would have expected her to be this week. 

And Whoopi's boobs are now resting on her stomach.  Still sticking with the no bra thing, I see.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 6

MM is extremely lucky to have all this time off.  ABC must be falling all over themselves to keep her on the show.  I wonder if the other hosts would be afforded such leniency.  Not that I'm complaining either.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Someone has probably already said this before but Abby totally looks like Ashley Judd circa 1990s.  

I said that last week. 

Ugh, Abby doesn’t give up her talking points even when shown that her assertions are faulty. Try listening, Abby!

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Someone has probably already said this before but Abby totally looks like Ashley Judd circa 1990s.  She is very pretty but the lipstick/liner situation.  Oy.  And go figure.  There is such a thing as hair that is too shiny. 

I am surprised that MM is still not there.  Would have expected her to be this week. 

And Whoopi's boobs are now resting on her stomach.  Still sticking with the no bra thing, I see.

I find Abby quite pretty, but the makeup needs to be toned down.

The no bra doesn’t work for older, chunky women (or young ones, for that matter)!

• Love 8
On 9/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, Wings said:
On 9/15/2018 at 11:43 AM, Bronzedog said:

I liked Steve Irwin but can’t stand the rest of the family.  The rest of the week looks ok though.

Oh yes, I find Bindi obnoxious. 

Thanks, I almost had to Google them and then I remembered - snore.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:29 PM, Wings said:

I consider myself a close personal friend of Willie because I saw him riding his bike on A1A on Hutchinson Island FL

Bobby Hill, is that you?  I loved Willie on King of the Hill.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:33 PM, ChicagoCita said:

I wonder if they are putting all these liberals on now, before Meghan gets back and acts ugly toward them (I swear, I'm still not over how she treated Dick Durbin and may never be!). Abby may be Meghan Lite politically, but she's polite.

She.would.not.let.go.of.that.bone.

55 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Hey!  It happens.  My brother told me that until he and the males can free ball, we females must close the cabinet on the jugs.  Get in car after a baptism and I am pulling my bra off through my arms.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Hey!  It happens.  My brother told me that until he and the males can free ball, we females must close the cabinet on the jugs.  Get in car after a baptism and I am pulling my bra off through my arms.  

Lol.  Oh, trust me, mine sans bra are not a pretty sight either and I whip my bra off the very minute I walk in the house, but I do wear one in public.  For everybody's sake.  Because nobody should have to be subjected to seeing me without one.  I'm no fashion maven, and don't expect everyone else to be either, but wearing a bra in public should just be a thing.  Like pants.  And if you are on tv?  All the more important.  But that's just me.

• Love 14

Not on here yet but I feel compelled to comment anyway!  

Abby's first job was an intern for GMA.  She wanted a career in TV.  Soooo her father being in politics naturally led her to seeking a slot in the news arena.  I doubt a passion for the right wing agenda drove her train.  She repeats the party line without affect, not seeing what is happening (Trump freaking out the West Wing).    She radiates, I have a script to follow. 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, Wings said:

Not on here yet but I feel compelled to comment anyway!  

Abby's first job was an intern for GMA.  She wanted a career in TV.  Soooo her father being in politics naturally led her to seeking a slot in the news arena.  I doubt a passion for the right wing agenda drove her train.  She repeats the party line without affect, not seeing what is happening (Trump freaking out the West Wing).    She radiates, I have a script to follow. 

I really believe that Abby has been told (had it drilled into her) that she will NOT appear to listen/understand contrary messages to the right-wing script. Abby is doing her part. She is ideal for the Stepford Wives of Faux Punditry.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I really believe that Abby has been told (had it drilled into her) that she will NOT appear to listen/understand contrary messages to the right-wing script. Abby is doing her part. She is ideal for the Stepford Wives of Faux Punditry.

Yes, she is following a script outline.  She has a role to play. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8

Cant stand Abby.

And frankly, I dont see Abby and MM getting along bc MM has to be the head screecher.

And does she put silver highlights in her hair? What's up with that?  Ok. I just dont like her. THERE. I said it

• Love 11

Abby is like outer space. Endless emptiness.

Curious: Did large junks of Schumer's interview freeze frame and/or cut to commercial, or had a strange edit? I barely got anything he said. Not to go all conspiracy theory... but I was watching in a bright red state. 

What a pissy face Abby has

Great. She and MM can compete in resting-bitch-face.

Edited by SunFun
add item
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, ari333 said:

And frankly, I dont see Abby and MM getting along bc MM has to be the head screecher.

And does she put silver highlights in her hair? What's up with that?  Ok. I just dont like her. THERE. I said it

Don't know about the highlights but she uses A LOT of shine serum/spray.  Like 15 sprays too many. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

What a pissy face Abby has.

And a very pissy tone of voice, as if her opinion is the only one that is relevant.  She doesn't screech like Meghan but increases her volume while filibustering so her cohosts cannot participate in a discussion.

• Love 13

Abby kept making the point that the accusation against Kavanaugh is being politicized.  The panel kept explaining the timeline of what happened and why.  But in fact of course it is politicized.  Everything is.  Doesn't make it not true.  Why waste so much energy talking about that?  Because Abby's Party has no way to attack this woman.  If NutMeg were back, how would she handle this, after strident position on Franken?  Someone today said (maybe Whoopi) that these allegations are worse than those against Franken.  If NutMeg was there, she would have been shrieking!

• Love 22

Unfortunately, Abby represents a segment of the population that is willing to accept someone else’s crafted narrative because it’s convenient to their argument and allows them to focus on something else other than what their ‘side’ is doing wrong.  I can guess where Abby got her information from, but instead of showing the least bit of initiative to research it, she sat at that table and made sure that she found a way to make the other side look like the bad guy. She looked absolutely foolish as the women took turns debunking all of her claims by using timelines and actual facts of how all of this transpired. Why was Abby the only one who didn’t know that the victim specifically asked that the information be kept confidential? The letter is now shared in full and maybe it wasn’t released until after the show went on air today but how is that Abby was the only one who didn’t know? Geez, Meghan prepares with irrelevant facts and ‘what about’ retorts and Abby seems to not bother showing up with anything at all. It’s gonna be a long season, lol.

So Helen Keller was tossed off the list because there’s apparently too much history for students to learn, LOL.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, SunFun said:

Abby is like outer space. Endless emptiness.

Curious: Did large junks of Schumer's interview freeze frame and/or cut to commercial, or had a strange edit? I barely got anything he said. Not to go all conspiracy theory... but I was watching in a bright red state. 

Great. She and MM can compete in resting-bitch-face.

Hmmm my tv did cut out for a test and so there was no audio for the duration.....just say'n lol

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

So Helen Keller was tossed off the list because there’s apparently too much history for students to learn, LOL.

I knoooooow.   History is sooooo haaaard.   Who caaaares what happened in the stone age?    (sarcasm)    

Hopeless!  

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Why was Abby the only one who didn’t know that the victim specifically asked that the information be kept confidential?

You could tell that the table was growing impatient with her, Chuck Schumer included. Abby was twisting herself into a pretzel trying to poke holes in the timeline of the accuser's story... It wasn't that hard to comprehend. 

And I'm not surprised at all that TX stripped Hillary Clinton and Helen Keller from their history curriculum. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 17

Dear Abby (as if you haven't heard that too many times),  you are NOT making a good impression.  What I have so far:  Rude.  Interrupting.  Overtalking.  Judgmental.  Know-It-All (when you know so little).  Beautiful hair.  Beautiful face.  Puffy, shiny, glittering RED lips (pretty...but more appropriate in a Cover Girl commercial).  

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Abby was asking the wrong question. If she smells something fishy, the question to ask is why did the victim sent the letter to Feinstein if she didn't want the senator to tell anyone. 

Exactly!  Why send the letter if you don't want anything done?  I don't get it!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Some day, if your boobs resemble Whoopi's or MINE, you will also stick "with the no bra thing."   The girls feel heavier when they're trapped.   Unless I know I'll be "caught" I try to sneak outside without a bra.

• Love 10