Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: MM 54

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Sorry, I thought the ‘Yorkie’ was a thing in the US, in the UK it was a chocolate bar and the selling gimmick was that it was filling enough to keep truck drivers satisfied, so it got associated with truckers.

Oh, ok no worries. You may very well be right. I wouldn't know either way, I'm Canadian, LOL!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The way the actors are so in awe of Mr Diamond Phillips is quite pathetic, when they’re filming this stuff, doesn’t anyone ever stand up and say that what we’re doing is absolutely ridiculous? Is it all such a ‘love in’ or is the risk of being fired so great that nobody dare say anything? I honestly don’t understand how any particular nonsensical  scene, can make it through so many opportunities for someone to say ‘this is bollocks’ 

https://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/video-extras/season-04/episode-14/making-of-fear-the-walking-dead-season-4-episode-14

I always wonder if they are sitting at the table read and someone says this doesn't make sense at all.

• Love 4
On 9/16/2018 at 10:30 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:
  • When barricading a door, do not rely on a bed on wheels.  If that is your choice, at least try to lock the wheels.  
  • Don't stand in front of glass walls taunting the dead by your presence.  Perhaps if you are not in their line of sight, they may forget you're there. 
  • Do not do what too many of the truckers did and turn your back on a someone you've just met, especially when that someone is sporting a fetching socks, sandals, floods combo and has mud smeared on their face.

I kept saying this to the t.v.- expecially #1 when every damned time they were barricading themselves they kept using items with wheels!! My boyfriend finally looked over at me and asked why I was watching the show if I was so bothered (he is not a fan) and you know, I had no answer :O(

I absolutely agree with points 2 and 3 as well.

• Love 2

Why are they all looking to Morgan to lead them?  No one has known him for very long and so far he hasn't shown much in the way of leadership skills. 

Where (beside roadside boxes) are they finding food and clean water?  They all look awfully well fed this far into the ZA.  

Yeah, the series of dead truckers was silly.  I don't really question why Martha was doing it, she is obviously insane (and I thought the actress did a fine job from the accident until her breakdown), but the method for taking out truckers with zombie kebabs was not good. I also don't like the retcon that walkers can maybe climb stairs or that they don't lose interest and wander away after a time. The group should be able to wait them out until the walkers are distracted by something else. It seems pretty obvious the rest of the gang (Alicia, Charlie, Strand, Dorie) are going to get the SWAT van back and rescue the folks at the hospital. 

• Love 4
On 9/18/2018 at 7:28 AM, OoohMaggie said:

What made it worse was that last week I was talking about the show having to contrive situations to make things ‘entertaining’. Every event in the show was exactly that, nothing was believable. One event a show is bearable but not the whole show. Maybe I’m over critical but it managed to push all my buttons, and I have many Lol

I was not impressed with LDP directing on this episode, or was it the showrunners fault, I don't know. But, I expect better from TWD/AMC. I especially don't like the dumbing down of the characters. By now they know not to stand in front of  the walkers. Also, they know distraction methods for drawing them away from them. The only one using her head with the walkers is the crazy lady. Like CS states, she's WINNING!, lol. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I was not impressed with LDP directing on this episode, or was it the showrunners fault, I don't know. But, I expect better from TWD/AMC. I especially don't like the dumbing down of the characters. By now they know not to stand in front of  the walkers. Also, they know distraction methods for drawing them away from them. The only one using her head with the walkers is the crazy lady. Like CS states, she's WINNING!, lol. 

What happened to the ‘cover yourself in Walker blood’ escape plan? They were in a hospital, plenty of sheets around, just drag a Walker into a room and bingo. They could have wheeled Wendell out under a sheet quite easily, but no.

If we’re expected to believe Walkie Talkie batteries aren’t dead after a year and a half, or that they can get the lifts working just like that, then what are we to expect?

17 hours ago, atiyah9369 said:

I always wonder if they are sitting at the table read and someone says this doesn't make sense at all.

Sounds like a plan to me.

• Love 3
On 19/09/2018 at 2:51 PM, Daltrey said:

Oh, ok no worries. You may very well be right. I wouldn't know either way, I'm Canadian, LOL!

Well sorry again lol, I have family in Ottawa so  I know how sensitive people can be about that sort of thing, similar to when people call me British instead of English.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why are they all looking to Morgan to lead them?  No one has known him for very long and so far he hasn't shown much in the way of leadership skills. 

Where (beside roadside boxes) are they finding food and clean water?  They all look awfully well fed this far into the ZA.  

Yeah, the series of dead truckers was silly.  I don't really question why Martha was doing it, she is obviously insane (and I thought the actress did a fine job from the accident until her breakdown), but the method for taking out truckers with zombie kebabs was not good. I also don't like the retcon that walkers can maybe climb stairs or that they don't lose interest and wander away after a time. The group should be able to wait them out until the walkers are distracted by something else. It seems pretty obvious the rest of the gang (Alicia, Charlie, Strand, Dorie) are going to get the SWAT van back and rescue the folks at the hospital. 

The two truck thieves seemed to be doing very well for themselves before Morgan arrived, the lure of Alexandria must be strong for them to just do whatever he says.

walkers swarming up the stairs and not all falling over thus blocking the well, please.

I love the way they went from being on the wide open Texas plains, to trapped on the roof of a hospital, with a man in a wheelchair,  how the hell did Morgan manage that? He’s been with Rick far too long.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The two truck thieves seemed to be doing very well for themselves before Morgan arrived, the lure of Alexandria must be strong for them to just do whatever he says.

walkers swarming up the stairs and not all falling over thus blocking the well, please.

I love the way they went from being on the wide open Texas plains, to trapped on the roof of a hospital, with a man in a wheelchair,  how the hell did Morgan manage that? He’s been with Rick far too long.

He learned from the best screw up in the za, lol........................................................................................... . 

10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Now that we know that the woman was an english teacher, then that huge plot hole has been confirmed.  How in the world is she able to drive that armored vehicle and also recharge the batteries for the video camera without having any prior experience driving said vehicle, and presumably not knowing how the batteries were being recharged?  How does she know how to use the machine guns?  I would assume that she would have to practice that before shooting at the tractor-trailer.

There is no way that the writers are going to convince me that the woman was ex-military before she became an english teacher.

Maybe she read a lot of books, lol. 

• Love 3
On 19/09/2018 at 6:06 PM, Haleth said:

Same place they find ammo and diesel for the big trucks and big guns.

• Love 3
On 9/19/2018 at 6:53 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Sorry, I thought the ‘Yorkie’ was a thing in the US, in the UK it was a chocolate bar and the selling gimmick was that it was filling enough to keep truck drivers satisfied, so it got associated with truckers.

We have Snickers chocolate candy bars in the United States, same marketing gimmick - something like "Snickers satisfies you."

On 9/20/2018 at 5:29 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Well sorry again lol, I have family in Ottawa so  I know how sensitive people can be about that sort of thing, similar to when people call me British instead of English.

I've usually seen it go the opposite... when Americans refer to Great Britain as "England" people from there laugh because they say it sounds quaint, old fashioned or weird to refer to their nation as "England" rather than "Great Britain."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

We have Snickers chocolate candy bars in the United States, same marketing gimmick - something like "Snickers satisfies you."

Haha, now this one I know!

2 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I've usually seen it go the opposite... when Americans refer to Great Britain as "England" people from there laugh because they say it sounds quaint, old fashioned or weird to refer to their nation as "England" rather than "Great Britain."

I'm sure it depends on the individual and whether or not they're from England proper or one of the countries under the banner of "Great Britain" and even then I'll bet people have differing views.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Oh my,  that’s the first time I’ve ever switched off an episode of either show, I managed 16 minutes, uuuggghhhhh they cannot be serious!

Agreed. I can't believe how awful the show has become. So slow. More like a soap opera. What has happened to Morgan?! He could've fought his way out of that hospital alone. Maybe they think people don't know his true character? I watched the episode more out of obligation than enjoyment, and had trouble staying awake. How did these new characters from the back half make it this long? They can't do anything! lol. Even Al and June have become unable to do most anything. This is more like a zombie show for kids. There's little to no storyline, character development, action, depth. If they can't handle this hospital, they don't belong in a ZA. Certainly, after this much time. Luciana used to be capable. She fought the vulture, and now can't do anything. Each story move is so predictable, un-inspired, Oh my... :(.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:53 PM, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Aaron Stanford is a solid actor, who was wasted on a poorly written character.

An ongoing occurrence on FTWD.

Completely agree. I was so psyched to see him on here then they made his character a coward now he's bit...what a waste.