Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E35: Double Eviction #1

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

Haleigh goes in a unanimous vote. Tyler wins HOH, noms Sam and JC. Angela wins VETO, takes down JC, Tyler noms Brett. Brett goes in a unanimous vote. ChenBot goes full tilt. IndyMischa sees there's no episode thread and makes one, most likely screwing it up in the process. Discuss! 

• Love 8

I was very happy to see Julie tonight but, after that comment at the end, I guess she’s willing to go down with the ship. And suddenly I’m not so sympathetic, which makes me sad. 

I giggled right along with the audience when Sam said something about taking a piece of each of the houseguests with her when she left. If they only knew lol! I’m glad Haleigh is gone, she left with class though. And she was a good interview too. I bet Julie loves houseguests like that. People screwing over others in their goodbye messages is my new favourite thing!

Finally a double eviction that wasn’t totally disappointing! I love that we’re finally getting to the really interesting part of the season. (Although I’m always sad when the POV during the double eviction isn’t Clown Shoe.) Poor Brett, you could see that backdoor coming a mile away but he had no clue. I’ll miss him, he was entertaining but I’m loving the gameplay. And I love that L6 is clearly not taking things personally.

I really hope Sam and JC don’t get dragged along to the end as goats. Her plea to Tyler was her bitching about another woman (of course) and claiming she deserves to be there because she’s a good person. I couldn’t roll my eyes harder if I tried. Angela really is the perfect one to be sitting next to because she keeps pissing people off. I can’t see her winning against anybody. 

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 10

There’s no one left for me to root for.  So that’s awesome.  

As long as Angela and JC stay safe this house sucks.

Tyler is an assassin.  It’s gross.  Also, it’s looking more and more that his win is not a sure thing.

Brett you most certainly were not perfect, yet I’ll miss you all the same.  And I NEVER EVER saw that coming after the first night.  In fact, I’m pretty sure I hated you then.

Seeing Angie gloat when Brett gets to jury will infuriate me.  Haleigh too.  They both sucked so really have nothing to lord over him.

• Love 9

Bye, Brett! Don’t worry, Sam will pack up all you’re stuff nice and tidy, that ought to take some of the sting out of your blindside! :)))))))

Every time Julie was on all I could think about was how she’s doing, if she’s ok, she seems ok but she’s a professional, so can’t be sure, etc..

Was surprised by how poorly Angela did in the HOH comp...Lying directly into Brett’s face must have rattled her nerves. Not that it mattered since a Tyler win is a win for her. 

Edited to add: I didn’t catch Julie’s signoff, I deleted the episode too soon I guess. Oh honey...NO. That’s very unfortunate.  

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Finally a double eviction that wasn’t totally disappointing! I love that we’re finally getting to the reallly interesting part of the season. (Although I’m always sad when the POV during the double eviction isn’t Clown Shoe.) Poor Brett, you could see that backdoor coming a mile away but he had no clue. I’ll miss him, he was entertaining but I’m loving the gameplay. And I love that L6 is clearly not taking things personally.

I really hope Sam and JC don’t get dragged along to the end as goats. Her plea to Tyler was her bitching about another woman (of course) and claiming she deserves to be there because she’s a good person. I couldn’t roll my eyes harder if I tried. Angela really is the perfect one to be sitting next to because she keeps pissing people off. I can’t see her winning against anybody. 

1) New rule TPTB: all double eviction vetoes must be Clown Shoe. 

2) I was worried about Tyler getting BOHH by winning the HOH, but in retrospect, it's all coming up roses. He takes out Brett tonight - who is awesome and unlikely to be bitter, but absolutely could not be allowed to make F2 - and now is "tragically" unable to play in the next HOH. The one where potential noms are three final two deals (including two who would be bitter af!! if he were responsible for their eviction) and his showmance. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I giggled right along with the audience when Sam said something about taking a piece of each of the houseguests with her when she left. If they only knew lol!

Yes, I was thinking kidneys maybe? As they all wake up in an icebath with a phone and 'Call 911' written on the mirror.

Interesting closing shot by Julie as she's never used that name before. I feel sorry for her. I thought for sure at some point she was going to say "The next video is oh god why!!! WHY???" *sobbing* and they'd have to go to the fish while she composed herself. It couldn't have been easy to just get on with business with that over her head.

I actually kinda like Brett as a person but not as a 'personality' outside of the outsized-ego and acting he seemed a decent dude. He was the def. of blindsided though and his super low-key 'pack my things for me' exit made me feel sorry for him. Again burning jury bridges as they go, Angela and Tyler didn't need to rub it in as they voted out poor clueless Brett.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

I'm just so sad. I found Brett funny and pretty compassionate to most HG's. It was only those who chose to attack him because they stereotyped him that he was mean to. 

Me too.  He turned out to be my favorite.  I never expected that at the beginning of the season!! He took it with class.  Brett, I will miss you!!

Julie made a powerful statement.  I believe she believes her husband.  

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I giggled right along with the audience when Sam said something about taking a piece of each of the houseguests with her when she left. If they only knew lol! 

I looked over at the old lady and said, “Does she mean each of them has a place in her heart, or is she planning on cutting a chunk out of a few bitches on her way to the door...?”

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I looked over at the old lady and said, “Does she mean each of them has a place in her heart, or is she planning on cutting a chunk out of a few bitches on her way to the door...?”

I say we make a pool on what she will do on her way out.

The look on Brett's face was like he just noticed he was at Jurassic Park.  Just taking JC down was all it took.  Bye, Bye.  Once again JC comes out smelling like a rose.

I think the plan of being HOH for Tyler this week was a good one.  Next week he can let the girls eat each other.  I still don't see them going after him.  SURPRISE ME LADIES!

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

It's a triple eviction this week if you count Les Moonves!

But you've got Julie Chen-Mooves stickin' by a dawg proving you can be the poorest gal from the ghetto to Tv personality with multiple shows but you'll stand by your man no matter what he's gone and done.

Brett is gone! I don't even like him but at least he would have targeted Angela and Kaycee at some point....now everything is going to play out almost as if Allison Grodner scripted it...from as early as June the coronation of Tyler was a foregone conclusion....tonight we are watching all the pieces fall into place for that outcome. Nobody is left in there that will actively try and get him out so his way to the end is greased. A bitter jury is the only thing that could undo him now.  This isn't as bad as Derrick's season but when one player has had zero kryptonite against him making it a cakewalk to the end...well that's not very entertaining when you know who is going to win back in June. Truth hurts but there it is.

• Love 9

The look on Brett’s face when Julie called him Brent. Which was immediately before she signed off with her husband’s last name so pretty much no one (except Brett of course) noticed.

...And Cotypubby noticed.

Edited by Eyeland Baby
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Eyeland Baby said:

The look on Brett’s face when Julie called him Brent. Which was immediately before she signed off with her husband’s last name so pretty much no one (except Brett of course) noticed.

And me. I figured she was all in her head gearing up for her big pronouncement.

• Love 5

Oh, it was noticed. A bunch of discussion just happened in spoiler threads. 

Looking around online, the two takeaways from this episode were "Brent" and "I'm Julie Chen Moonves. Good night." Most people don't seem to care about the outcome of this week, just those two moments (at the moment, anyway). 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Eyeland Baby said:

I noticed it too.  I think most people were going like "who the hell is Brent."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

The look on Brett's face was like he just noticed he was at Jurassic Park. 

...and I bet the Danceasaurus was dancing with glee..... :D

Just taking JC down was all it took.  Bye, Bye.  Once again JC comes out smelling like a rose.

Oh, hardly - more like JC came out smelling like what you spread around the roses to make them grow purty.  JC cultivated Brett to use as a weapon - but guess what?  JC’s primary tool just walked out the door - and said tool’s departure was obviously:

1. Engineered by the same HGs JC considered too stupid to strategize.
  2. Carried in such a manner it appears JC was in on it, with (a) JC being the one to come off the Block for Brett to go up, and (b) the unanimous eviction vote - especially the vote.  JC’s total cluelessness on his own vote really floored me; I can only assume the shock of Brett going up dumbfounded JC so badly he got flustered, and defaulted into “voting with the House” without considering how large his betrayal would loom to Brett.  But with a unanimous vote, there’s no way Brett doesn’t view JC as having backstabbed him.
  3. Put into devastating blindside effect by Tyler - the HG whom JC has always assumed was housed safely under JC’s thumb.  Tyler’s deft execution of the killing stroke on Brett just shattered THAT illusion to hell and back.

JC is now game-orphaned in the House, obviously (to JC for the first time) totally on the outside of the House’s ruling junta and its stratagems, and the last ear receptive to JC’s blandishments will probably be royally trashing him in the Jury House within the next 24 hours as a base deceiver.  So no - whatever JC’s smelling right now, I’d bet dollars to donuts it sure as country FUCK don’t smell like roses.  ;>

Edited by Nashville
Editing
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Oh, hardly - more like JC came out smelling like what you spread around the roses to make them grow purty.  JC cultivated Brett to use as a weapon - but guess what?  JC’s primary tool just walked out the door - and said tool’s departure was obviously:

2. Carried in such a manner it appears JC was in on it, with (a) JC being the one to come off the Block for Brett to go up, and (b) the unanimous eviction vote - especially the vote.  JC’s total cluelessness on his own vote really floored me; I can only assume the shock of Brett going up dumbfounded JC so badly he got flustered, and defaulted into “voting with the House” without considering how large his betrayal would loom to Brett.  But with a unanimous vote, there’s no way Brett doesn’t view JC as having backstabbed him.
  3. Put into devastating blindside effect by Tyler - the HG whom JC has always assumed was housed safely under JC’s thumb.  Tyler’s deft execution of the killing stroke on Brett just shattered THAT illusion to hell and back.

JC is now game-orphaned in the House, obviously (to JC for the first time) totally on the outside of the House’s ruling junta and its stratagems, and the last ear receptive to JC’s blandishments will probably be royally trashing him in the Jury House within the next 24 hours as a base deceiver.  So no - whatever JC’s smelling right now, I’d bet dollars to donuts it sure as country FUCK don’t smell like roses.  ;>

Oh, I bow to the master.  So right you are.  Can't wait to see what JC does next and see if he tries to pull the same shit - or what you spread around the roses to make them smell purty.

I will agree that Brett going home was awesome.

6 hours ago, North of Eden said:

It's a triple eviction this week if you count Les Moonves!

Only in Hollywood would a powerful woman stay.........................................

• Love 2

When Julie Chen-Moonves spoke the words "by a unanimous vote," Brett slowly turned his head and stared someone down - I assume that person was JC.  I hope JC wet himself on the spot.

And can we PLEASE not have a stupid concert by someone I have never heard of on Sunday and just show us two hours of uncensored jury house?  Please??!?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

When Julie Chen-Moonves spoke the words "by a unanimous vote," Brett slowly turned his head and stared someone down - I assume that person was JC.  I hope JC wet himself on the spot.

And can we PLEASE not have a stupid concert by someone I have never heard of on Sunday and just show us two hours of uncensored jury house?  Please??!?

JC STILL really thinks he is part of Level 6.
OMG!  Julie announced the "concert" for Sunday's episode and everyone in my house simultaneously said "WHO????"  It seems they do this every year - introduce some has-been or never will be musician, or box office bomb summer movie or 1 season CBS sitcom to the houseguests (and they of course go nutso because they have been media deprived) that have the rest of America rolling their eyes. 

I still remember the cringe worthy concert Sheryl Crow did for the BB3 houseguests - it was well beyond her expiration date of hits and the hamsters reacted like they saw the Beatles, Stones, Zepplin and 2nd coming of Jezuz.

I vote for another double eviction on Sunday!  Who's with me??

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

At least I get to watch JC and Sam get evicted on different nights.  In a perfect world, JC and Sam would be the final two.  I would laugh and laugh.  During the Veto competition, the cameras weren't even paying attention to Sam or JC.

Me too!  I was just thinking that a JC and Sam final would be so delicious.  Though I think Tyler played a great game, I lost all respect for him for hooking up with Angela.  I've hated her since she trashed Rachel for no reason.  I hope her emotionless cruel butt gets burned.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Biosynth said:

Me too!  I was just thinking that a JC and Sam final would be so delicious.  Though I think Tyler played a great game, I lost all respect for him for hooking up with Angela.  I've hated her since she trashed Rachel for no reason.  I hope her emotionless cruel butt gets burned.

The joy Angela took in Brett’s backdoor really undid any of the producer attempts at humanizing her. She really, really enjoys being a mean girl. You can see it on her smirking face every time she orchestrated an eviction. 

• Love 15

Now that the outcome is pretty inevitable (Kaycee will win), may I suggest a new program all of you might enjoy? Unfortunately CBS has been giving this show very little promotion, but it looks to be a gem. It's about this dude named Grover Johnson who used to date Rihanna and then moves into Cedric the Entertainer's guesthouse and (I think) becomes his gay lover.  Hashtag Shoccer!  Only seen a couple of clips but it looks HILARIOUS! All BB fans need to watch. As Brent commands, "Do it!"

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

An insightful and spot on analysis, as usual. It was interesting to see the actual moment JC realized he wasn't controlling anything. Without a doubt he is egotistical enough to rewrite it in his head later as either he somehow inspired them to make a big move or it is his puppet's fault, but at that moment you could see him realize that he had no idea what was actually happening. 

I think he voted that way because it was inevitable. You don't make a big move like that against Brett unless the plan is to backdoor him. What would be the point of voting out Sam? Brett won't be here to target you. That being said, I hope we don't actually get to see whether or not Brett sees it as a betrayal in any meaningful way, because I would like to see JC heading out the door. Soon.

1 hour ago, harleybeanswind said:

The joy Angela took in Brett’s backdoor really undid any of the producer attempts at humanizing her. She really, really enjoys being a mean girl. You can see it on her smirking face every time she orchestrated an eviction. 

I am finding her much more human and likeable in general, but agreed that she really enjoys having the upper hand. 

52 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I think Tyler lost the game last night by not getting rid of Kaycee.  It's going to be very hard to get her out.  I hope he doesn't think he can beat her.

That may be true, but I am not sure how he gets rid of Kaycee and doesn't lose Angela (who has shown herself as being able to win and is eligible to play HOH again this week). Angela and Kaycee seem tight, and they both wanted Brett out. If he keeps Brett, Brett is going after Angela but Angela may be made enough to go against Tyler and JC and Sam are really just deadweight. I think there is a fairly good chance we end up with Kaycee, Angela and Tyler and then it will come down to who can win in a competition. 

That was overall a surprisingly satisfying DE, especially after a bit of a dud of a week.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

I have been watching big Brother since season 1 but I have no idea what Clown Shoe is....can someone enlighten me??

It's from BB13 - Jeff (now of Jeff & Jordan "fame") lost a must-win veto in specTACular fashion. Enjoy!

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

It's from BB13 - Jeff (now of Jeff & Jordan "fame") lost a must-win veto in specTACular fashion. Enjoy!

Thanks for the video! I remember that now. It was nice to see some of the old houseguests

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I remember this POV but apparently have blocked nearly 100% of these contestants. It is impressive how few of them I can name.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

OMG!  Julie announced the "concert" for Sunday's episode and everyone in my house simultaneously said "WHO????"  It seems they do this every year - introduce some has-been or never will be musician, or box office bomb summer movie or 1 season CBS sitcom to the houseguests (and they of course go nutso because they have been media deprived) that have the rest of America rolling their eyes. 

I did too! (said "WHO???")   However, the two teenagers I was watching with (14- and 16-year-olds) were astounded that I hadn't heard of the person (whatever her name was).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DannyRugg said:

Now that the outcome is pretty inevitable (Kaycee will win), may I suggest a new program all of you might enjoy? Unfortunately CBS has been giving this show very little promotion, but it looks to be a gem. It's about this dude named Grover Johnson who used to date Rihanna and then moves into Cedric the Entertainer's guesthouse and (I think) becomes his gay lover.  Hashtag Shoccer!  Only seen a couple of clips but it looks HILARIOUS! All BB fans need to watch. As Brent commands, "Do it!"

Don't you hate those damn commercials?! Your post is hilarious and I love it! 

• Love 1

Damn, late to the party. The thread wasn't up by the time I needed to go to bed.

Crazy episode. The official end of L6. Even though I don't blame the other 3, I did sort of feel badly for Brett. He's right to be concerned about taking everyone in their group to the end, but I guess he was just too premature in bringing it up. I think it was also a mistake to talk to both his side AND JC about it. JC doesn't know he's not L6, but the girls and Tyler definitely felt betrayed that he was talking game, about THEM, to JC. 

Brett would only really have had a chance if someone outside of L6 had gained power and he could work with them. Because trying to get Tyler to turn on the girls just wasn't smart. 

Or maybe it shows how smart TYLER was, how well he played Brett. 

I did think Brett's exit interview was very humble and classy. I hope he can stave off the bitterness in jury. 

Was Haleigh ever in pageants? She always comes off TOO poised, to me. 

3 hours ago, NYGirl said:

I think Tyler lost the game last night by not getting rid of Kaycee.  It's going to be very hard to get her out.  I hope he doesn't think he can beat her.

You do have to wonder. Kaycee was a blip on the radar the first half (or three quarters) of the game. But now she's winning comp after comp, making moves. And she's very well liked. 

But Brett is well liked too. And here's the thing - since Brett talked about coming after them FIRST, it's quite possible that the jury will find that move more justifiable than if he had sacked Kaycee. 

I always wish the jury would focus just on game and strategy. But, sadly, it often boils down to a popularity contest. And I just think Tyler would have lost more respect with them if he had targeted Kaycee, who hadn't done anything to him.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:
3 hours ago, NYGirl said:

You do have to wonder. Kaycee was a blip on the radar the first half (or three quarters) of the game. But now she's winning comp after comp, making moves. And she's very well liked. 

Kaycee is winning for Level 6. However, alliances don't win Big Brother; it's Last Houseguest Standing. If Tyler jettisons Kaycee before it's Final Three/Four, it's his game. Otherwise, she's got a shot to upset him.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I think Les and Julie deserve each other.  I don't have any ill will towards either of them.  Just don't ask me to feel sorry for them.  He said, she said, situations are always difficult in terms of ferreting out the truth.  Whatever the truth is, I just hope that justice is served for all involved.  I just wish Julie didn't lay the "Julie Chen Moonves" egg on Big Brother.    In a way, it is kind of a chicken shit way to go, and not fair to the Big Brother audience who most likely watch BB as an escape from the real world.  I do feel bad for any kids that they may have.  It will be real interesting to see if she continues to use the "Julie Chen Moonves" sign off from now on or was this just a one off.  From this point forward I won't talk about it any further. 

As always, YMMV.

I always thought Julie Chen was weird. She seemed to be programmed to "stand by her man." At the Golden Globes, she sat behind Les Moonves and draped her arms all over her husband, as if needing to prove to him and to show the world that even in their most relaxed moments she was attached and adored him. She had to be affectionate constantly to keep him. 

Also, and I forget where I saw this, she was interviewing somebody who said he was remote and skittish regarding intimacy in his relationship and her response was "Sex is very important." At that moment, I knew her relationship was based on sex because she was infusing her thoughts regarding own marital dynamic into the conversation. 

It seems she really is the total package, the grand Chenbot. I find her pathetic.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Why did JC "have" to vote for Brett and not Sam? Is the unanimous mindset THAT persuasive?

• Love 2