Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Big Time Dance

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Wowzers, finally saw the office scene. Is it me or did Kelli kind of throw Denise under the bus. She made her the bad guy. 

VK got off way too easy. Angela from Australia was roasted for showing visible disappointment about not making SG.

I think Denise and Weather guy have given non biased critiques of VK but for some reason, she keeps getting a pass. 

Lots of girls looking fluffy this episode. Bring in Kitty and she will let them have it. 

My prediction, if Jalyn stays for three years, she will make Point. For me, she is top five on the entire team as a Rookie.

Oh, Erin has improved so much. Loving on Gabbi. I see you Hannah. Glad she was given air time.

I honestly think a girl from Make-a-Wish Foundation would get harsher feedback than what they’re giving Victoria. They keep saying things like “You weren’t noticed tonight”. I’m sure she was noticed, she flails around the whole time. She’s not in anyone’s top 36 and that’s not going to change. Especially if Kelli doesn’t give her specific things to work on. Kelli isn’t doing the girl any favors putting her through this. 

12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Again, I haven't seen the ep, but it seems that what Denise said to K&J in the office is different from what Kelli told VK on the show.  That's what I was trying to clarify.

Come on Amazon!!!!

Sorry. I thought you asked specifically what Denise said to Victoria. Denise didn’t say anything to Victoria. 

5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I find it ironic that Kelli keeps talking about missing Gabbi, but everyone who comes in comments on how amazing she is. 

In Kelli’s defense, it’s hard work constantly reminding everyone that comes by that they need to notice Victoria and only say good things about her. 

• Love 7

Off  topic, Christina looked okay but Jessika is not top 36. She can kick but not much else. 

Judy is so bland. I miss old Judy. Season 6, she told Taylor, You look pissed off. She then told Kelli, I think you cut off her strength. It was about the hair make over.  Anywho, that is the Judy I want to see.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Off  topic, Christina looked okay but Jessika is not top 36. She can kick but not much else. 

Judy is so bland. I miss old Judy. Season 6, she told Taylor, You look pissed off. She then told Kelli, I think you cut off her strength. It was about the hair make over.  Anywho, that is the Judy I want to see.

Lol. She does seem more reserved since her daughter left the squad. How long do you think they can keep doing this? Who do you think they’re grooming to take over? I hope it’s not Melissa. 

• Love 2

Reading this thread, I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I really liked VK.  I will agree that she isn't ready for the DCC and she may never have the look.  I thought maybe Dayton was the one getting carried into training camp after auditions, but I thought she looked great in this episode.  

I think Jalyn is a carbon copy of Holly.  They are both impressive, but I am not a fan of their hair or look in general.  But you can't deny their obvious dancing skills.  

I really like Malena.  She just seems super sweet.  I wish that Kelli and Judy had been more forthcoming when she discussed the possibility of quitting her job.  It's blatantly obvious she hasn't been top 36 worthy up to this point, so why didn't they tell her that in the first meeting? Now she has no job to fall back on and will be lucky to make it past next week.  

I also love Kashara, but in the show group auditions, she was looking a little softer.  There seem to be a larger number of girls this year who are creeping very close to the line in that regard.  Maddie was another one, but I guess that's not as surprising given how much she had to change her body from her first year trying out to the second year.  I remember when they called Brittany Schram into the office for a weight warning, and she wasn't even remotely overweight by any standard.  

Edited by vivianspoetry
Brain works faster than finger...and brain is slow!
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Unpopular opinion but I like Melissa R and I liked her injury prevention work out scene.  I think she is fun!  :) I don't know that she "needs" to be part of the MTT scenes, there certainly are stronger dancers that were former vets that could fill the same role, but I still like her and her bright smile. :)

I don’t like her but I agree it was a smart thing to address and since she went through it while still dancing, it made sense for her to oversee the class.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

I just took it that Maddie was her group leader and was doing her job as a good one. I could be totally wrong on that though

I think you are correct. Maddie won me over a bit with her kindness in getting the girl  cut from her group out and away from the cameras. Maddie knows exactly how that feels and she protected this girl from being shown crying on camera like she was when she was cut.

As far as weight and girls being soft, I wonder if just basic understanding of girls on the team and the audience with eating disorders, made them stop featuring it on the show so much. I was never that comfortable with it. The pressure on these girls to lose weight was too big of a feature for tv. I’m happy for them to discuss it privately, but I don’t think it needs to be a focusof the show. (Example I have - a friends sister was hospitalized with bullemia and could have died. They were shopping after she got out of the hospital and a sales girl suggesting her sister needed “a bigger size”, her exact words - a 4 instead of 2- was enough to trigger a brief relapse. )

Also, my fit foods suddenly closed up shop a couple of years ago so they don’t seem to have a sponsored space they need to fill. 

1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

I think Judy is playing it very smart to not say anything regarding Victoria. 

• Love 11

I understand that Gina is a wonderful dancer however every time I watch her she seems ahead of others. Someone commented previously that it was because she puts extra pops and hair flips in. However in the contemporary routine for show group when she was "telling a story" she was so far ahead. Was that purposeful?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Denise didn’t say anything that I remember. It was all Kelli that, “Denise remarked that you were the weakest dancer”. Then Kelli asked why she had a bad night and mentioned she was Travis’ favorite. Victoria was shocked and didn’t know how to process it. In all likelihood she probably was shocked because it was the first honest feedback she’d heard her whole life. She didn’t dance any different than before. Denise was just being honest. 

The clip on the CMT app shows Denise with K & J before they meet with VK.  Check it out if you can, it is interesting on so many levels,

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Wowzers, finally saw the office scene. Is it me or did Kelli kind of throw Denise under the bus. She made her the bad guy. 

VK got off way too easy. Angela from Australia was roasted.

I think Denise and Weather guy have given non biased critiques of VK but for some reason, she keeps getting a pass.

I don't get it.  On the bonus the way I see it:  Kelli keeps trying to convince people and making excuses.  Denise was asked her opinion as a technical expert and she gave it.  Kelli wants to act like Victoria deserves it instead of make her earn it.  I don't get it..blind spot I guess.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I find it ironic that Kelli keeps talking about missing Gabbi, but everyone who comes in comments on how amazing she is. 

She’s too busy focusing on how GREAT Viktoria is!  Maybe if she just danced her way into Gabbis area they’d see how good she is too.  

Edited by Stee
  • Love 9

I feel like VK has been shoved at us far more than any other person in the entire history of this show. More than Jenna, Holly, Yuko, Tasha, Kashara, Morgan, Breelin, JennK, Melissa r, Abigail, Cassie and Nicole Hamilton combined. (Some of those I’m not mad at the shove, btw.)

I don’t like the whole VK vs Dayton, which is better? legacy comparison, but dang. Dayton seems like she understands that this isn’t the best fit, but she can’t drop out of camp and not offend every DCC rule ever made.

VK is CLUELESS as to why she’s not DCC ready, and I take back everything I said about ‘well somebody has to be up front, so if the other girls let her......’. She’s loud and in your face with those teeth 24/7. 

No matter how hard Kelli tries to sell her, she doesn’t have the fitness level, dance ability, team player attitude, etc. plus she does give the impression that she thinks she’s already point. 

It’s like The Emperor Had No Clothes around here, and I fear Judy’s eyes are going to bug out of her head.

• Love 21

Does anyone on here watch the episodes on Amazon? I'm so annoyed because I bought this season and have been able to watch each episode by Friday afternoon after the original airing but not today. It just keeps saying not available yet. Ugh! I'm getting impatient!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like VK has been shoved at us far more than any other person in the entire history of this show. More than Jenna, Holly, Yuko, Tasha, Kashara, Morgan, Breelin, JennK, Melissa r, Abigail, Cassie and Nicole Hamilton combined. (Some of those I’m not mad at the shove, btw.)

I don’t like the whole VK vs Dayton, which is better? legacy comparison, but dang. Dayton seems like she understands that this isn’t the best fit, but she can’t drop out of camp and not offend every DCC rule ever made.

VK is CLUELESS as to why she’s not DCC ready, and I take back everything I said about ‘well somebody has to be up front, so if the other girls let her......’. She’s loud and in your face with those teeth 24/7. 

No matter how hard Kelli tries to sell her, she doesn’t have the fitness level, dance ability, team player attitude, etc. plus she does give the impression that she thinks she’s already point. 

It’s like The Emperor Had No Clothes around here, and I fear Judy’s eyes are going to bug out of her head.

Something about how she was like 'but I really wanted show group' just really irritated me. the way she said it, all kiddy cutsey and with her facial expression like she was half expecting Mama Kelli to be like 'oooh honey, we take it back, you're totally in show group' just....

this was their facial exp when she said she wanted show group and I don't know which expression I love more.  Denise is just flabbergastered, like oh dear, has nobody told her shes not even squad ready let alone show group?? Judy looks like she's trying so hard not to side eye her as hard as possibly and 85% failing and Kelli is regreting all life choices that led her to this moment where once more she must tap dance to find a way to make this anyone else's fault but VKs

vlcsnap-2018-09-15-01h52m29s675.png

it was in rewatching that segment that I finally zeroed in on what most gets me in Vks makeup

2018-09-15.thumb.png.b61c9391a3379f0947571c47717d0fb3.png

someone needs to teach her how to fill in her brows and how to stop overplucking them in a very awkward and unflattering shape.  your brows frame your face and how they're shaped and filled completely affects the rest of your look and it could so open up her eyes so much more as they're relatively hooded (bane of my own life) and so can appear smaller which in combo with clumpy mascara and/or too long lash extensions or false lashes you don't want when you're emoting to an audience.  i don't understand why the makeovers only ever seem to focus on hair. yes, hair totally has a huge impact on your look, but brows, their shape and colour, can have an equal impact.  her left brow makes me itch to get a hold of her and show her how to shape it. her right one looks quite nicely shaped, and while they're sisters not twins, you can still play with them until with a little gel/pomade/pencil/powder/whatever they're a little more even

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Something about how she was like 'but I really wanted show group' just really irritated me. the way she said it, all kiddy cutsey and with her facial expression like she was half expecting Mama Kelli to be like 'oooh honey, we take it back, you're totally in show group' just....

this was their facial exp when she said she wanted show group and I don't know which expression I love more.  Denise is just flabbergastered, like oh dear, has nobody told her shes not even squad ready let alone show group?? Judy looks like she's trying so hard not to side eye her as hard as possibly and 85% failing and Kelli is regreting all life choices that led her to this moment where once more she must tap dance to find a way to make this anyone else's fault but VKs

I still don’t understand why she gets special treatment even compared to Dayton. Can someone explain this to me? I realize Kelli danced with her mom, but they actually work with Shelly on a daily basis and I would guess know Dayton just as well as they know Victoria. Yet Dayton is basically treated like any other rookie. 

And I really hope someone explains to Kelli that Victoria is getting backlash because of the favoritism. I’m surprised after Cassie that they didn’t learn that people watch this show and see the nepotism clear as day and revolt against it. They’re not doing her any favors putting her in the spotlight like this. 

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I still don’t understand why she gets special treatment even compared to Dayton. Can someone explain this to me? I realize Kelli danced with her mom, but they actually work with Shelly on a daily basis and I would guess know Dayton just as well as they know Victoria. Yet Dayton is basically treated like any other rookie. 

And I really hope someone explains to Kelli that Victoria is getting backlash because of the favoritism. I’m surprised after Cassie that they didn’t learn that people watch this show and see the nepotism clear as day and revolt against it. They’re not doing her any favors putting her in the spotlight like this. 

Even the wording is different with the girls - Kelli during fittings just wanted to recreate a best friends moment with Vk but with Shelley and Dayton getting a pic it was an 'unprofessional mommy moment'. said with a light tone and smile, but still separated from Kelli's behaviour with VK as simply being about nostalgia while Shelley's was unprofessional.  im just not digging the vibe at all.  they've always had favourites in the past (they're human and we do it too when we watch, we have the rookies we root for, te ones we're meh about personally but recognise they're a good dancer and the ones we want removed from TC asap) and been somewhat blatant about it then too, but this year the dial is up at 19 and the way Kelli is just surprised by and instantly dismissing the constant feedback of professionals telling her that VK isn't ready, she isn't the star of texas each and every time is a whole new level of bias

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

I think you are correct. Maddie won me over a bit with her kindness in getting the girl  cut from her group out and away from the cameras. Maddie knows exactly how that feels and she protected this girl from being shown crying on camera like she was when she was cut.

I agree. It seemed like Lindsey wanted to talk to Maddie, but she wasn’tgoing to be able to hang on to her composure unless they got out of there.

My question is about the girls waiting for Lindsey. Did anybody see VK in there waiting? I’m assuming VK’s conference happened first, so she would have been in there waiting, right? I didn’t see her.

• Love 2

I liked the fact this episode had lots of dancing- that's my favorite part

Victoria is just not at the maturity level for this team this year. Her dance issues can be corrected I think with some more training and focus, but she is so scattered and all over the place and has no filter or control personally. Makes her a bad fit for the team, but great reality TV! I am rooting for her in the long run however and she could be a fit with a couple years of development under her belt.

So fun to see more of the girls working hard this week.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

(I'm replying to this quote, but actually I have a more general question/thought. I also want to preface this by saying I have no issues with Cassie whatsoever. Not a big fan, nor a big hater.)

This is something I don't really understand. There have been numerous comments over the years about favoritism toward Cassie and how K&J heard the fans and learned their lesson. But did they really? I vaguely recall reading that there was minor acknowledgement that some fans were unhappy about Cassie, but it doesn't seem like "the wrath of the fans" made much of a difference. I could be way off on this, because I don't retain the specifics from season to season, but Cassie was on the team for 5 years, she was on Show Group, she was a group leader, she was proposed to on field, she was featured heavily in the Brides special, and she continues to pop up on the show and behind the scenes. "The fans" didn't like it, but there was still plenty of Cassie to be found.

Now it's 5 years later. Bring in Victoria: lather, rinse, repeat. And the show's ratings continue to climb. If K&J were supposed to have learned a lesson, they don't seem to know that. And in fact, they've anted up with Victoria.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

(I'm replying to this quote, but actually I have a more general question/thought. I also want to preface this by saying I have no issues with Cassie whatsoever. Not a big fan, nor a big hater.)

This is something I don't really understand. There have been numerous comments over the years about favoritism toward Cassie and how K&J heard the fans and learned their lesson. But did they really? I vaguely recall reading that there was minor acknowledgement that some fans were unhappy about Cassie, but it doesn't seem like "the wrath of the fans" made much of a difference. I could be way off on this, because I don't retain the specifics from season to season, but Cassie was on the team for 5 years, she was on Show Group, she was a group leader, she was proposed to on field, she was featured heavily in the Brides special, and she continues to pop up on the show and behind the scenes. "The fans" didn't like it, but there was still plenty of Cassie to be found.

Now it's 5 years later. Bring in Victoria: lather, rinse, repeat. And the show's ratings continue to climb. If K&J were supposed to have learned a lesson, they don't seem to know that. And in fact, they've anted up with Victoria.

sometimes I feel like producers feel like audiences have shorter memories than they really do. they do the 'mea culpa' bit, let it lie for a year or so and then make the same mistakes all over again and are then absolutely shocked when it gets an even angrier response than the first time around

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think it is more Kelli and Charlotte along with CMT doing this. It looks like Judy is keeping her mouth shut on the Victoria drama.

Oh yeah and thats another reason it looks so glaring this time around. Judy's rarely been afraid to push back before, at least a token protest that she knows will be shut down that she just cannot get a girl up to par in time regardless of what Kelli and Charlotte say, but this year she is just keeping shtum. either she knows there's no point, wants to maintain a professional demeanour/distance or she just doesn't care enough, but that she''s not evne fighting back is not what I expect from her. shes always been pretty vocal before in terms of 'this girl doesn't have the talents, I can't shape her in time, it's not the right year for her' in the past

• Love 11
6 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Reading this thread, I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I really liked VK.  I will agree that she isn't ready for the DCC and she may never have the look.  I thought maybe Dayton was the one getting carried into training camp after auditions, but I thought she looked great in this episode.  

I think Jalyn is a carbon copy of Holly.  They are both impressive, but I am not a fan of their hair or look in general.  But you can't deny their obvious dancing skills.  

I really like Malena.  She just seems super sweet.  I wish that Kelli and Judy had been more forthcoming when she discussed the possibility of quitting her job.  It's blatantly obvious she hasn't been top 36 worthy up to this point, so why didn't they tell her that in the first meeting? Now she has no job to fall back on and will be lucky to make it past next week.  

I also love Kashara, but in the show group auditions, she was looking a little softer.  There seem to be a larger number of girls this year who are creeping very close to the line in that regard.  Maddie was another one, but I guess that's not as surprising given how much she had to change her body from her first year trying out to the second year.  I remember when they called Brittany Schram into the office for a weight warning, and she wasn't even remotely overweight by any standard.  

Bahaha. Your screen name is great!

• Love 11

I could barely watch Victoria in the office. There has never been another office visit like that ever. I was rooting for her bc y’all all hated her, but after watching her for 7 episodes, I’m done. Kelli bringing in Denise to try and sell her on Victoria is nauseating.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, PBSLover said:

She can’t stay in her space. That’s what I notice most. I guess she’s tall with long legs so if you know you need more room, then go somewhere where you can spread out. I feel like she is always going in whoever is next to her’s space. I guess she always wants to be up front but there seems to be less room in front.

I know of some dancers who do mostly solo work and kind of drop out of team level dance choreo tend to make use of more “real estate” and while that’s a good quality to have in a solo, maybe not the best when you have to dance with others. One of our PTV competitive dance goddesses will have to say if that’s what this is? 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

I could barely watch Victoria in the office. There has never been another office visit like that ever. I was rooting for her bc y’all all hated her, but after watching her for 7 episodes, I’m done. Kelli bringing in Denise to try and sell her on Victoria is nauseating.

That's what I said last week after watching six episodes in a row to get caught up.  It's like Breelan's rookie season.  I watched one ep a week and was like yeah ok, she's not too bad.  Then I watched a marathon and I'm like, how the bleep did she make the team???

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Same! I’m like that Homer Simpson hiding in the bushes GiF ? I’m rooting for VK, but girllll, take a hint from NJ Brianna, take a break, go do new things outside WAAAAY OUTSIDE of TX. 

28 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

That’s pretty rotten to do that to a family friend for RATINGS and should we be this cynical?! What you say does ring very true here... I am trying to believe that TPTB would not do that to people but see Meghan (sorry if sic), Kyndall, Brennan, Auto Amy....gosh, this is gross, now that I think about this. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bitsy123 said:

I liked the fact this episode had lots of dancing- that's my favorite part

Victoria is just not at the maturity level for this team this year. Her dance issues can be corrected I think with some more training and focus, but she is so scattered and all over the place and has no filter or control personally. Makes her a bad fit for the team, but great reality TV! I am rooting for her in the long run however and she could be a fit with a couple years of development under her belt.

So fun to see more of the girls working hard this week.

Exactly! I see what they mean when they tell a dancer they need to be more mature and not dance/act like a little girl. She is basically a girl but we all need these moments to humble us. Sadly, hers is in front of her DCC given family and a national TV show. I hope she comes back a thousand times stronger!

9 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Same! I’m like that Homer Simpson hiding in the bushes GiF ? I’m rooting for VK, but girllll, take a hint from NJ Brianna, take a break, go do new things outside WAAAAY OUTSIDE of TX. 

That’s pretty rotten to do that to a family friend for RATINGS and should we be this cynical?! What you say does ring very true here... I am trying to believe that TPTB would not do that to people but see Meghan (sorry if sic), Kyndall, Brennan, Auto Amy....gosh, this is gross, now that I think about this. 

I do not think Tina mind too much about Victoria being featured so much as long as she made the team. After thirteen years and a one two hour special, it has come down to ratings, drama and money for Kelli, Charlotte and CMT. I am not saying Kelli does not care for the girls, but I think having a show may have went to her head. I feel bad for Victoria. She is being used for a story line. I still cannot stand her scenes especially after hearing what is going on behind the scenes, and I put most or all of the blame on her mother, Kelli, Charlotte and CMT.

Does anyone know if Victoria has any experience dancing as part of an ensemble? When she competed, did she ever do duets, trios, anything that required her to learn how to perform as part of a group? I really really think it would have been invaluable for her to be on a college pom squad for a season or two. Even just auditioning for a college squad where she has no connections would've been a beneficial exercise.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Very interesting watching the bonus clip on CMT, Kelli made the comment that, possibly, Victoria may have gotten pressure at home about making show group.

Kelli yet again deflecting the blame to anyone but Victoria herself

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

100% agree. There's no doubt that K&J were aware that many fans thought Cassie didn't deserve to make it, but there's nothing whatsoever to suggest that they cared enough to alter their treatment of her over the year. She was heavily featured and got everything other than point and Pro Bowl Girl and then got a wedding special after she was gone. Same with Victoria. She's Kelli's favorite, so she's the recipient of favoritism. I'm sure Kelli wants to make it seem like VK isn't getting special treatment, but she doesn't care enough to not give the special treatment in the first place. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I don't think Kelli, Charlotte, or especially Judy thought Cassie was undeserving of anything. Judy thought keeping her off Show Group her rookie year was proof of no favoritism but seriously. She could harmonize and she could tumble! All the board posts did was fuel Judy to say Cassie deserved everything and make Judy mad. 

Side note = Sunni made show group that year bc Sarah Gourley retired and they needed somebody to sing the anthem with Cassie and Brittany. Nothing against Sunni btw. 

Back to this season and Judy being so quiet. Y'all know I called it out two episodes ago, that Judy is keeping quiet bc she can't win on this one. Praise VK and she's showing favoritism. Tell the truth that she needs cut and she rocks the boat with Charlotte, Kelli and Tina. No matter what the dead horse that beats Cassie comes up again. So all Judy can really do is keep her mouth shut and try not to have a stroke.

• Love 7

Why didn't they have Kitty at SG auditions? My guess is she would've ripped Victoria a new one- she doesn't hold back. And Kelli wasn't about to let that happen to the daughter of her bestest ever bestie of all the best friends. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week when Ms. Kitty comes to call at rehearsal. They probably won't show any Victoria footage at all.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Why didn't they have Kitty at SG auditions? My guess is she would've ripped Victoria a new one- she doesn't hold back. And Kelli wasn't about to let that happen to the daughter of her bestest ever bestie of all the best friends. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week when Ms. Kitty comes to call at rehearsal. They probably won't show any Victoria footage at all.

In the finals spoiler thread, I posted a screen shot of something Kitty had posted on Facebook about 8 months ago. It was a photo of herself out to dinner with Victoria and Sam. The caption refers to Victoria as "such a  beauty and headed for a Huge dance career."

I will be very interested to see if Kitty's affection for Victoria will affect her judgement about Victoria's abilities.

• Love 2

I absolutely loved seeing Dayton kicking butt on that hip hop number during Show Group auditions. She was great and looked so confident! Also, during the Travis Wall choreo segment, I couldn't help but notice Kelli Quinn's GORGEOUS extensions and overall dance technique. I always knew she was a great dancer, but this showcased her beautiful technique so well. I was like "Damn! How did she get overlooked so many years before finally making it?!"

• Love 12

I am convinced that Bridget and Amber are identical twins and CMT is just playing a practical joke on us. If anyone has a side by side photo of them, PLEASE share. I'm usually great with faces but I'm stumped on this one.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I absolutely loved seeing Dayton kicking butt on that hip hop number during Show Group auditions. She was great and looked so confident! Also, during the Travis Wall choreo segment, I couldn't help but notice Kelli Quinn's GORGEOUS extensions and overall dance technique. I always knew she was a great dancer, but this showcased her beautiful technique so well. I was like "Damn! How did she get overlooked so many years before finally making it?!"

yes/no/maybe/wasn't paying attention

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

it was in rewatching that segment that I finally zeroed in on what most gets me in Vks makeup

2018-09-15.thumb.png.b61c9391a3379f0947571c47717d0fb3.png

someone needs to teach her how to fill in her brows and how to stop overplucking them in a very awkward and unflattering shape.  your brows frame your face and how they're shaped and filled completely affects the rest of your look and it could so open up her eyes so much more as they're relatively hooded (bane of my own life) and so can appear smaller which in combo with clumpy mascara and/or too long lash extensions or false lashes you don't want when you're emoting to an audience.  i don't understand why the makeovers only ever seem to focus on hair. yes, hair totally has a huge impact on your look, but brows, their shape and colour, can have an equal impact.  her left brow makes me itch to get a hold of her and show her how to shape it. her right one looks quite nicely shaped, and while they're sisters not twins, you can still play with them until with a little gel/pomade/pencil/powder/whatever they're a little more even

While I think VK is beautiful, I see what you mean about her brows.   Her brows just seem a little like what the style was for brows five years ago....the style now is thicker, darker and no indents/peaks like she has.  What also bugs me about her makeup is her lashes - they are way too spidery, especially her lower lashes.  I think they need to be thicker and shorter, less long and thin.  Maybe some more eyeliner?   Less purple and more of a browner/gold tone on her eye shadow, maybe.

Wonder why makeovers didn’t fix this stuff?  I remember them changing Britney’s (I think that was her name, the pretty blonde w/ the baby voice) brows when they looked like commas.  They could have made some changes - doesn’t seem like they changed anything on her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I meant more for Victoria’s well being than the show itself. I don’t know or care what the ratings for the show are, but I’m sure Victoria is going to (eventually) hear from people who don’t like her because of this show. Cassie may have dealt with some of it, but social media is much bigger now and I would think the girls hear more directly from fans than before. 

57 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

In the finals spoiler thread, I posted a screen shot of something Kitty had posted on Facebook about 8 months ago. It was a photo of herself out to dinner with Victoria and Sam. The caption refers to Victoria as "such a  beauty and headed for a Huge dance career."

I will be very interested to see if Kitty's affection for Victoria will affect her judgement about Victoria's abilities.

Kitty already saw Victoria dance for tryouts and she gave her a big hug and told her her dance was beautiful. She’s even more in the bag for her than Kelli is. Maybe it will change watching her do actual DCC routines, but I doubt it. Why rock the boat? She needs this show and DCC exposure for her business more than Kelli needs the show. I imagine she’ll skip over Victoria completely or come up with some vague, non-descript thing to complement her on. “Victoria just has so much energy out there! You can tell she’s happy to be here!” Or some such nonsense. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Yeah, I don't think Kelli, Charlotte, or especially Judy thought Cassie was undeserving of anything. Judy thought keeping her off Show Group her rookie year was proof of no favoritism but seriously. She could harmonize and she could tumble! All the board posts did was fuel Judy to say Cassie deserved everything and make Judy mad. 

Side note = Sunni made show group that year bc Sarah Gourley retired and they needed somebody to sing the anthem with Cassie and Brittany. Nothing against Sunni btw. 

Back to this season and Judy being so quiet. Y'all know I called it out two episodes ago, that Judy is keeping quiet bc she can't win on this one. Praise VK and she's showing favoritism. Tell the truth that she needs cut and she rocks the boat with Charlotte, Kelli and Tina. No matter what the dead horse that beats Cassie comes up again. So all Judy can really do is keep her mouth shut and try not to have a stroke.

I thought Sarah Gourley cheered one season at Cowboys Stadium... season 4 was the first year at the new stadium... so she wasn’t retired in season 3, which is the season everyone is saying Sunni made show group????? Or am I confused?

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Victoria was shocked and didn’t know how to process it. In all likelihood she probably was shocked because it was the first honest feedback she’d heard her whole life.

Victoria goes to Kitty's studio...so much for her and her blunt brutal honesty.  She kisses VK's butt just as much as Kelli does.

• Love 6