Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pete Martell

Spoilers and Speculation

On 3/27/2019 at 9:06 AM, OoohMaggie said:

I don’t get why the groups didn’t join up and go and eliminate the threat, before the pikes and especially after.

Carol hasn’t avenged Henry, it’ll be interesting to find out why, it wasn’t that long ago she was setting people on fire. 

I'd guess it's because of that mega-herd Awful has at the ready. Daryl certainly would have told everyone about that. Besides, Carol will choose her time. I just don't think that time is going to be this Sunday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maystone said:

I'd guess it's because of that mega-herd Awful has at the ready. Daryl certainly would have told everyone about that. Besides, Carol will choose her time. I just don't think that time is going to be this Sunday.

Almost certainly not; when Scarol starts in on the Whisperers they will effectively cease to exist, and currently TPTB want to drag this Whisperer shit out into next season at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Almost certainly not; when Scarol starts in on the Whisperers they will effectively cease to exist, and currently TPTB want to drag this Whisperer shit out into next season at least.

Oh, I completely agree. I was going for understatement, and apparently I succeeded :)  I'm willing to tag along with the Whisperer arc for a little while more, as long as it doesn't turn into another Hundred Year's War like with the Saviors.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, natyxg said:

I image that the idea is that we should hope that it's Rick... though it may or may not turn out to be him when the new season starts because they make really weird choices that tend to be meh instead of wow.

Aaaaaaandddd nooooope! Not even that. 😂 At least according to this:

The girl leaves to do her homework, but a staticy female voice comes through the speaker shortly thereafter.

https://www.newsweek.com/walking-dead-season-9-finale-spoilers-radio-voice-episode-16-1380845

So, they're not even going to manage to make people excited thinking that it's Rick. 🤣 There doesn't seem to be any reveal about Sidiq and what happened when the others died either, which might have been some good shock to leave us with. These people, I swear.🤣

Note: That link mentions some spoilers from the comic books, because they're assuming that the person on the radio is a certain someone from the next comic storyline. So, beware.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, nodorothyparker said:

- When the Kingdom group makes it to Hilltop, Carol breaks up with Ezekiel. She tries to give her ring back, but Ezekiel won’t take it because he says will always love her. Carol says that she knows Ezekiel blames Daryl for Henry’s death, but she fears that the only reason Ezekiel blames Daryl is because he won’t blame her. Carol decides to join Daryl and Lydia at Alexandria.

- Judith runs off looking for Dog in the snowstorm. Negan goes searching after her. When he finds her, she is freezing and suffering from hypothermia. Negan wraps her up in his jacket and takes her back home. He-LLO Season 10 Redemption Arc!

Since Carol has never been allowed to be happy, I always assumed that there were serious death anvils ready to fall for Zeke at any moment. Maybe now we can expect him to stick around for awhile?

Do TPTB really believe that we will believe that Negan is redeemable? Oh. Silly me. I forgot. They don't care. They don't care AND they think we are stupid.

Please tell me this is the final season.

11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Sooo, they're going to abandon the horses to freeze to death? Am I hearing that right?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maystone said:

Sooo, they're going to abandon the horses to freeze to death? Am I hearing that right?

Yep.

Also, wouldn't the walkers just be frozen solid in the snow?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I really really hope next season Carol gets rid of that stupid hair. Please burn the wig!

She looks awful with that ratty thing on.  Melissa McBride is one of those women who look much better with short hair.  So is Danai.  I’d love to see both of them drop those shitty wigs. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, natyxg said:

Aaaaaaandddd nooooope! Not even that. 😂 At least according to this:

https://www.newsweek.com/walking-dead-season-9-finale-spoilers-radio-voice-episode-16-1380845

So, they're not even going to manage to make people excited thinking that it's Rick. 🤣 There doesn't seem to be any reveal about Sidiq and what happened when the others died either, which might have been some good shock to leave us with. These people, I swear.🤣

Note: That link mentions some spoilers from the comic books, because they're assuming that the person on the radio is a certain someone from the next comic storyline. So, beware.

It’s Lori!  All these years later still calling back from the dead. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

17 hours ago, natyxg said:

Aaaaaaandddd nooooope! Not even that. 😂 At least according to this

I'm curious if Newsweek got it right? The article looked exactly like the info we got from TSDF Army with some embellishment. TSDF doesn't specify gender of the voice, Newsweek says female. Curious where they got that from? Guess we'll find out shortly

17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm curious if Newsweek got it right? The article looked exactly like the info we got from TSDF Army with some embellishment. TSDF doesn't specify gender of the voice, Newsweek says female. Curious where they got that from? Guess we'll find out shortly

Maybe it's that crazy lady from FTWD.

44 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm guessing it's Maggie.

So this 'punk rock season' (according to Norman) is going to end on one of the greatest anti-climaxes ever.  Is that what Sid Vicious would have done?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

It's a curious choice to (presumably) present nothing truly earth shattering in the season final.... for a show that has shed half its audience in the past 2 seasons you'd think they would be desperate to hook what's left of it.....

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BellyLaughter said:

It's a curious choice to (presumably) present nothing truly earth shattering in the season final.... for a show that has shed half its audience in the past 2 seasons you'd think they would be desperate to hook what's left of it.....

It feels like they have resigned themselves to the losing-their-audience death spiral, so they are just going to do whatever they want until they get cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Her show isn't doing well in the ratings. She might come back

THIS show isn't doing so well.  If she's smart she'll get Sonnequa or Danai to hook her up.

Frankly, I’ll welcome a less overly-wrought season ender. Assuming it’s good. Which with TPTB is a tall assumption. Such a shame.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

This show specializes in cutting off its nose to spite its face.  I don't know, maybe they think it makes them artistes or something.

• Like 6

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I get it’s pointless to ask why our communities aren’t living in southern climes where they can grow food all year round, and where winter storms and snow wouldn’t put their lives at risk

But, I guess the south has extreme heat spells, droughts, tropical storms/hurricanes... I've always thought there's no perfect place to live. What, too, about disease to crops in a time where there aren't pesticides and such. No perfect place in our times; worse in a ZA. Also, refridgeration should be a bigger issue in the south. But then again, never has been so far! lol

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, Nashville said:

I'm also very confused about distances in this area.  One day Alexandria and Hilltop are close enough

In the show, they place fast and lose with this. OoohMaggie, I thought you once posted a map of the supposed area?

Nowadays, Alexandria is about 15-20 minutes by car (7miles) outside of Washington DC. I thought Hilltop was supposed to be near Culpepper, VA. An online site says distance between the Alexandria, VA and Culpepper is 77 miles (124 km), a 1 hour 30 min drive by car. Not a close trip by foot. Says would take 3.56 gallons of gas.

For fun, article: Where Is Everything Located on The Walking Dead? Tara and Heath were on a 2 week trip before finding Oceanside. The Chesapeake bay's western shore is not far way and could be a potential location. Reddit conversation on Geography of Areas. I don't believe one could skate from Alexandria to HT (just from my living in the region.)

I'm not sure about the bridge problem, though, as the settlements would be east of I-95 with the nearest big "river" being the Shenandoah River, which is way far west. The Blue Ridge Mountains would be a problem before the Shenandoah River. So, if this is the area, I'm not sure why they need a huge bridge between the communities, or why they can't cross any smaller tributaries/rivers... why they're supposedly so cut off. The trip to DC is different, as one would have to cross the Potomac River to get there. There's no close way to DC w/o crossing The Potomac River.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

For fun, article: Where Is Everything Located on The Walking Dead? Tara and Heath were on a 2 week trip before finding Oceanside. The Chesapeake bay's western shore is not far way and could be a potential location. Reddit conversation on Geography of Areas. I don't believe one could skate from Alexandria to HT (just from my living in the region.)

The article cites Hilltop and Kingdom as each being about 20-odd miles away from Alexandria, not the 50 I was recalling; the 20-mile figure makes better sense, though, as that would put the Alexandria distance to those two communities within the one league (30 mile) figure commonly regarded as a day’s normal walking distance over .  Maybe the 50-mile figure was the distance between Alexandria and the Sanctuary...?  

We had a big ol’ discussion about it back around S6 or S7, but that was a while back and I could easily be misremembering the details.  I do remember, though, a firm consensus that Alexandria had to be something like twice as far away from Sanctuary as the other two communities; they already had a well-established history of exploitation by the Saviors, while the Saviors had no clue Alexandria even existed - at least, not until CDB’s wanderings brought them into uniformly violent contact.

7 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

I'm not sure about the bridge problem, though, as the settlements would be east of I-95 with the nearest big "river" being the Shenandoah River, which is way far west.

That was hardly a “river” they were bridging with the Rick’s Final Stand bridge; more like an oversized creek or stream.

• Like 4

I'm not sure about the bridge problem, though, as the settlements would be east of I-95 with the nearest big "river" being the Shenandoah River, which is way far west. The Blue Ridge Mountains would be a problem before the Shenandoah River. So, if this is the area, I'm not sure why they need a huge bridge between the communities, or why they can't cross any smaller tributaries/rivers... why they're supposedly so cut off. The trip to DC is different, as one would have to cross the Potomac River to get there. There's no close wayto DC w/o crossing The Potomac River.

Its the "RandombodyofwaterinGeorgia thatwearehopingnoonewatchingwilltry andmatchuptoanexistingriverinVirginia" River, haven't you heard of it?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

I think way back when they made a point that Alexandria wasn't THE Alexandria that exists adjacent to DC.  It's just some glorified subdivision/planned community with the same name.

• Like 3

Article from ComicBook, 'The Walking Dead' Actually Revealed The Hilltop's Exact Location'.

image.thumb.png.d443e79138f40f416f7bce8a199c36c8.png

Many of the fan wiki's state this (in reference to the comics): "The Alexandria Safe-Zone, or simply Alexandria, is a walled-off community in AMC's The Walking Dead located in Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C."

I always thought that Alexandria was supposed to be the real Alexandria, VA. They traveled far enough north, and the group did venture into Washington DC (without crossing The Potomac River. lol) in the S9Ep1 to get the wagon and stuff.

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

That was hardly a “river” they were bridging with the Rick’s Final Stand bridge; more like an oversized creek or stream

True. The banks were "river" banks, but the river was unimpressive. But this area was very dry last year! lol. It's just that the people keep mentioning being so cut off without "Rick's bridge." Over the years, they've crossed bodies of water without such fuss.

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

We had a big ol’ discussion about it back around S6 or S7, but that was a while back

Sorry to re-tread ground. The geography does seem to fit the Northern VA area... esp. 20-30 years ago, when it was less built up.  We're never quite given the distances between the communities, probably so the writers can play with the distance.

Edited by Cherokee Rose
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherokee Rose said:

Sorry to re-tread ground. 

Wasn’t suggesting you were re-treading; more like my recollection of forum discussions from a couple of years back might not be the most accurate. 😉

• Like 1

This scene wasn't shown in the episode, right? (my memory sucks so sorry if it was) So maybe we'll get a flashback to show what really happened:

twdtitled.png

11 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

This scene wasn't shown in the episode, right?

It was, during Siddiq’s heartfelt speech to the assembled crowd, just before the end of the episode. It showed Black Bart’s valiant attempt at a rescue.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 3

I think I'm genuinely curious to see how they handle Alpha next season. I want to see the heroes just deal with a villain, but I also have this weird feeling like it's only fair that she gets a redemption effort, after the governor got all those episodes, and Negan got to rescue a small child and a beloved animal. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It was, during Siddiq’s heartfelt speech to the assembled crowd, just before the end of the episode.

Thank you. It's amazing how much I miss.

2 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

and Negan got to rescue a small child and a beloved animal. 

Who can hate a guy who loves kids and animals?  Of course, everyone will forgive him all that other stuff, like throwing a doctor into a fire, and the raping, etc because he saved their beloved Judith. Even Daryl, who suffered severe beatings, cruelty, and degradation at Negan's hands will be grateful for Dog and let bygones be bygones. Just one big happy family!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Sure goes quickly, I think thats the best way to watch The Saviour War 🙄

Still took too long.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I just saw this.  While a lot of it just makes me tired  -- Negan further integrating into life at Alexandria like he's a normal human being and NOT a dangerous psychopath, "shittin' pants," Alpha's continued atrocious "accent" -- Michonne!  Michonne and Zeke! Michonne with the bat!  Carol!  Carol's "bitch has to die!" Carol with a reasonably human looking wig!

Every time I'm convinced I may be finally done, they show me at least a couple of things I really do want to see.

• Like 4

Did they. .did they seriously part iron shields...to let a tiny little girl through to stab something?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

From the article:

The possibility remains that Gurira could — like former costar Andrew Lincoln — move over to star in Walking Deadmovies for AMC, but no mention was made of that at the panel, other than a message at the end of the panel that read “Rick Grimes returns. Only in theaters,” as a shot of a helicopter flew towards a city.

Seriously?  Are they kidding with this?  This far in, nobody's paying theater prices to see a Rick Grimes movie.  Isn't this part of the greater AMC all zombies, all year long plan they've been promising with two shows and now a third in the works?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

From the article:

Seriously?  Are they kidding with this?  This far in, nobody's paying theater prices to see a Rick Grimes movie.  Isn't this part of the greater AMC all zombies, all year long plan they've been promising with two shows and now a promised third?

Word. I'd wait for it to come out on dvd. I'll pass on seeing it in theaters. It's a joke now.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, peach said:

Did they. .did they seriously part iron shields...to let a tiny little girl through to stab something?

Oooh yeah, Eugene has obviously been instructing our people in the military tactics of the Roman Legions

• Laugh 2

20 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Word. I'd wait for it to come out on dvd. I'll pass on seeing it in theaters. It's a joke now.

Same. I can't believe it's not going to be a Netflix or Amazon release. 

• Like 2

"What'd I tell you about crossing ma boordah?" apologies for the language but, fuck off, just fuck off Elpha! Come on Daryl, just you and Carol get on the bike and head west, i'd pay to see that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Same. I can't believe it's not going to be a Netflix or Amazon release. 

If it was that, I'd be noping even more. I'm no fan of Netflix or Amazon. I'd have to wait that much more for it to come out on dvd.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Eugene has obviously been instructing our people in the military tactics of the Roman Legions

LOL.  Last season gave us a mashup of LOTR and old Westerns.  Between the Roman legion hardware and the boats and beaches, this year appears to be paying homage to early 2000s Russell Crowe movies like Gladiator and Master and Commander.  If the zombies or Whisperers break out in selections from Les Mis, I really am out of here this time.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

39 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

From the article:

Seriously?  Are they kidding with this?  This far in, nobody's paying theater prices to see a Rick Grimes movie.  Isn't this part of the greater AMC all zombies, all year long plan they've been promising with two shows and now a third in the works?

I know someone who's at Comic Con rt now, and he posted that. All I could think of was paying for a ticket and basically just getting Nelson going HA HA at me.