Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, natyxg said:

The yikes was directed at the fuckery spoiler. 😅

Sorry, I'm slow.  Lol. And youvand Jim are correct.  Yikes, indeed!

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

"She taught the kids to go after people who are marked with the X"

I had to repeat that even though I don't what to say about it. "So dumb" doesn't even cover it.

"Hey, can I see your back?"

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

It does sound like they're recycling Carol's storyline, doesn't it?  Michonne saves a child not biologically hers that she's nonetheless raising as her own.  Michonne has to make the hard choice to put down a child, or in this case children, who are too damaged or dangerous to live in this world so her male counterpart doesn't have to be the bad guy.  The big difference of course being that Carol never had to share scenes with Negan whispering in her ear or trying to be her new bestest buddy.

I'm all for anything that gives Danai Gurira more screentime and something meaty to work with, but telling it in flashback like this suggests that what we've already seen is the extent of what we're going to get in showing her figure out how to live with this awful thing she had to do.  We already know that the show pretty much blew past her earlier killing of a teenager when she had to put Jessie's snitty son down like it was nothing.

It was 'poor Carol' when she put down a child.  I KNOW that it's not going to be the same for Michonne.  She's going to be called everything but a hero sandwich for this FUCKERY.

And what is the point of this?  There's enough story that hasn't been explored without creating a long-lost friend and a group of feral kiddies for Michonne to kill.  Why create brand new characters that will only last an episode when people still want to know what happened between Michonne and Maggie?  Why didn't they take the money they used to hire this new actress and give it to Lauren Cohan so she'd stay?  It doesn't make any fucking sense.

These kids are supposed to attack anyone with an 'x' on their backs.  Are they supposed to attack them in the shower?  Because exactly WHEN do they see these marks when everybody (except maybe Rosita) is always wearing layers of clothing?

"Hey, can I see your back?"

EXACTLY!!

Last week's episode was good.  But it feels like it was one step forward and 100 miles back with the first-class FUCKERY.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 2

No wonder Michonne has trust issues. I am looking forward to this episode. Plus, Rutina Wesley is a talented actress so it will be a good episode.

Edited by SimoneS

Rutina Wesley IS a  very talented actor and would be a great addition to the cast.  But, once again, tptb have decided it would be better to higher a good actor for a one-off story than to use the actors they already have and tell the stories they NEED to tell.  So all the stories that are in motion will come to a screeching halt for this FUCKERY.  It's like they want to see how much bullshit the viewing public will swallow and continue to watch.  Our loyalty to this show has caused this show to be one of the most popular ever.  We deserve better than this.

• Love 3

If they want the kids to kill people they brand, then why don't they just kill them in the first place instead of branding them?  Lol.  Or is it like a scavenger hunt? Find the X people and kill them. 

It's not just fuckery, it's dumb fuckery.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Rutina Wesley IS a  very talented actor and would be a great addition to the cast.  But, once again, tptb have decided it would be better to higher a good actor for a one-off story than to use the actors they already have and tell the stories they NEED to tell.  So all the stories that are in motion will come to a screeching halt for this FUCKERY.  It's like they want to see how much bullshit the viewing public will swallow and continue to watch.  Our loyalty to this show has caused this show to be one of the most popular ever.  We deserve better than this.

If she joined as a main character, I would have been tempted to start watching again.

4 hours ago, peach said:

If they want the kids to kill people they brand, then why don't they just kill them in the first place instead of branding them?  Lol.  Or is it like a scavenger hunt? Find the X people and kill them. 

It's not just fuckery, it's dumb fuckery.  

Shame they couldn't carve an X into Negan, and set him free, before they kill little kids for shock value, and to leave Michonne feeling like shit. I do not like that they're choosing to have children killed, because they needed to ramp up drama. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 3

And what is the point of this?  There's enough story that hasn't been explored without creating a long-lost friend and a group of feral kiddies for Michonne to kill.  Why create brand new characters that will only last an episode when people still want to know what happened between Michonne and Maggie?  Why didn't they take the money they used to hire this new actress and give it to Lauren Cohan so she'd stay?  It doesn't make any fucking sense.

It does if you think of it in terms of TPTB setting up their exit strategy for Danai leaving the series.  Production is manufacturing an atrocity in Michonne’s past out of whole cloth so that they can kill her off (or otherwise have her exit stage right) as part of some half-assed redemption arc.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

It does if you think of it in terms of TPTB setting up their exit strategy for Danai leaving the series.  Production is manufacturing an atrocity in Michonne’s past out of whole cloth so that they can kill her off (or otherwise have her exit stage right) as part of some half-assed redemption arc.

Bingo! 

And it's total and complete fuckery.  This is how they're going to treat one of the most important characters in the TWD universe and one of the best actors they have EVER had on this show.

Danai is moving on to bigger and better things and godspeed to her.  She doesn't need TWD, never has.  But this show is going to miss her.  And shame on them if this bullshit is her goodbye story.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, peach said:

Lol.  Or is it like a scavenger hunt? Find the X people and kill them. 

Even Bad Kids need fun time.

8 hours ago, Anela said:

Shame they couldn't carve an X into Negan, and set him free, before they kill little kids for shock value

I like that idea. Strip him and let him go, like "The Naked Prey".  It's the only way we'll ever get rid of him since not one person has ever had the guts to bump him off. Yeah, they were all going to, but well - they didn't.

I wouldn't believe they'd kill small children, but then remember Mika, a little girl who was shown lying bloodied and dead when even in these times child deaths are usually only ever inferred. If they really want to shock audiences, let a character say "What the fuck?" maybe when they see the Killer Kids. 

I am looking forward to this wild 'n wacky clusterfuckscrew.. 

• Love 2

I won't miss Michonne if they kill her off or if she goes away.  It's not that I don't like her, it's just that I never felt anything about her one way or the other; I just think it's probably time for her to leave anyway.  Plus, Danai is doing just fine.

Now if they could just get rid of Carol........

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I won't miss Michonne if they kill her off or if she goes away.  It's not that I don't like her, it's just that I never felt anything about her one way or the other; I just think it's probably time for her to leave anyway.  Plus, Danai is doing just fine.

Now if they could just get rid of Carol........

I don't think I'll miss Michonne because I probably won't be watching the show after she leaves.

I think Carol should have gone ages ago, the way they intended to before MMc played the 'friend' card, so I'm totally with you on that.

Oh.  So, the two most wary, battle hardened survivors get kidnapped by some kids and get branded?  

Sounds like some shit that should have happened to two dumbasses.  Henry and Tara come to mind.

i don’t think Michonne/Danai is getting treated any worse than the people who left before her did.  Andrea and Carl were key figures who got offed before their times.  If anything, Danai  had her role expanded, like Mellissa McBride did.  Poor Tyrese was turned into a timid babysitter, and Maggie just fucking vanished.   Jesus also comes to mind.  Didn’t the actor just give up on what his role became?

doesnt matter anymore.  The day those bastards killed Coral was the death knell. This was his story, not that unctuous little bratty Judith.  He really grew into the role and had it snatched away. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Oh.  So, the two most wary, battle hardened survivors get kidnapped by some kids and get branded?  

Sounds like some shit that should have happened to two dumbasses.  Henry and Tara come to mind.

i don’t think Michonne/Danai is getting treated any worse than the people who left before her did.  Andrea and Carl were key figures who got offed before their times.  If anything, Danai  had her role expanded, like Mellissa McBride did.  Poor Tyrese was turned into a timid babysitter, and Maggie just fucking vanished.   Jesus also comes to mind.  Didn’t the actor just give up on what his role became?

doesnt matter anymore.  The day those bastards killed Coral was the death knell. This was his story, not that unctuous little bratty Judith.  He really grew into the role and had it snatched away. 

Nothing but the truth here.

I'm mad about Michonne because she's my favourite, but all the characters/actors you mention have been used and abused.   Andrea definitely should have survived (like Lori was told) and SHE should have been Rick's partner (like it is in the comics) instead of shoehorning Michonne into a role that didn't suit her while her story was given to someone else.  It made me sick to see what they did to Tyreese, all to make Carol look good.  I didn't really care much about Jesus, but I think there's a huge hole where Maggie should be.  Why are they giving us this bullshit story about a long lost college friend and feral kids INSTEAD of explaining the beef between Michonne and Maggie?  What kind of people could think that this makes any kind of sense at all? They could have written an exit story for Danai using her conflict with Maggie.

Killing Carl definitely was the death-knell.  If tptb had any sense at all, they would have admitted they were wrong and given up on Carl's story completely.  But we're stuck with a little girl and some punk ass kid (played by an inadequate actor), shoved down our throats.

FUCKERY.

• Love 3

I just realized this show has been on for almost 10 years.  That’s a really long run.

The show we knew is dead.  You can’t recapture the magic.  Remember when everyone was separated, and Michonne found an injured Rick and Carl holes up in a house?  There will never be scenes like that one again. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

I just realized this show has been on for almost 10 years.  That’s a really long run.

The show we knew is dead.  You can’t recapture the magic.  Remember when everyone was separated, and Michonne found an injured Rick and Carl holes up in a house?  There will never be scenes like that one again. 

'It's for you'.  One of the best scenes in the series' history. 

There will never be scenes like that again because the emotional core of the show is gone.  Carl was the reason so much on TWD happened. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I'd even add Merle to this list. He was always interesting to watch, and he was beginning to show some real depth of character when they killed him off. Daryl was much more interesting working with/against Merle. And Rooker seemed to have the ability to make Reedus act above the level he has shown since.

I agree that they are just writing Danai out now, so concerns about staying true to her her character are gone (they were gone years ago, but I digress...)

I still have some feeling for the original characters. Don't like any of the new ones except Connie (is that her name?), and I think that has more to do with my interest in seeing how a person with a challenge like being deaf (and mute) will be able to survive in the ZA.

But...watching the death spiral of this once awesome show is exhausting. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

i don’t think Michonne/Danai is getting treated any worse than the people who left before her did.

She's been treated a lot better. Most others had their characters stripped (Daryl) and/or turned into cartoons/idiots (Rick) much earlier so I'm not sure why Michonne is the Great Lamented. She never stood out that much for me anyway. We never really got to know her. I'm sick to death of Carol, who I very much liked once upon a time. The King and Queen and their Idiot Son and Heir Apparent just bored me silly. The Granny Clampett/Maid Marian schtick isn't helping.

55 minutes ago, shanndee said:

But...watching the death spiral of this once awesome show is exhausting. 

I'm actually embarrassed to still be watching this "By Idiots, For Idiots" show.  Only this forum keeps me here.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

She's been treated a lot better. Most others had their characters stripped (Daryl) and/or turned into cartoons/idiots (Rick) much earlier so I'm not sure why Michonne is the Great Lamented. She never stood out that much for me anyway. We never really got to know her. I'm sick to death of Carol, who I very much liked once upon a time. The King and Queen and their Idiot Son and Heir Apparent just bored me silly. The Granny Clampett/Maid Marian schtick isn't helping.

I'm actually embarrassed to still be watching this "By Idiots, For Idiots" show.  Only this forum keeps me here.

I'm still hanging on to Carol. She isn't "my" Carol anymore, but I still have a soft spot for her. The rest, not so much. (Although, after Brett Butler's characters rampage last week, I'm starting to root for her. 🙂 ) But I find it sad that I don't care enough to know her character's name. I was pretty much only watching when Hubby sits down to marathon the episodes we have recorded. Now I think I'll follow the live posting thread to stay up to date with the snark. I'll post in the episode thread after I actually watch the show.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

'It's for you'.  One of the best scenes in the series' history. 

There will never be scenes like that again because the emotional core of the show is gone.  Carl was the reason so much on TWD happened. 

I liked their friendship.

My DVR started recording this again (after the power went out, a few weeks ago), and I've just got home in time to see a preview for next week, that included Carol kissing Zeke goodbye. I wonder if they're leading up to his comic book ending. 

I’m pretty sure Zeke is toast.  To tell the truth, I’m sick of him.  The whole ren fairs should have been cast aside after the stupid savior war. And Carol as his boring ass consort, when you know she’s itching to burn more shit down. 

• Love 2
On 3/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, Nashville said:

The war against the Sanctuary happened.  Remember the Kingdom’s role in that - when Ezekiel unwittingly marched his entire Kingdom force into a Gatling gun ambush?  Out of a group of some 50+ Kingdom combatants,  only Ezekiel and Jerry survived.  What did this mean for the Kingdom?

• By best estimate, the Kingdom at full strength was something like 150 people total - so in that ambush, the Kingdom lost approximately 1/3 of its pre-war population in the space of several seconds.
  • These 50+ who died weren’t just soldiers, they were a militia assembled out of the body of the Kingdom citizenry - which also means that physically speaking, they were probably the ablest members of the population.
  • The Kingdom’s fighting force appeared to have a healthy mix of both males and females in the 20s-to-40s age range - childbearing and child rearing age - so it’s extremely likely married couples who already had children were members of the fighting force, and died together.

...so in less than a minute, the Kingdom was reduced from a robust community and fighting force, to the physically weakest 2/3 of its population: the very young, the very old, and those who for whatever reason were previously deemed incapable of fighting in the war.  And in addition to picking up and carrying  on the jobs vacated by the deaths of their more physically able (and now deceased) neighbors, these survivors also have an added burden - caring for (dozens?) of instant orphans.  

So yeah, things are going to start sliding downhill.  The slide may not be immediate: the heavy lifting of that year’s planting had already been done, after all, and only required tending and harvesting - plus the tribute deliveries to Sanctuary had ceased, so the Kingdom can keep more of what it produces.  The next year, though, is going to be brutal - and the year after that - and the year after that.  

Plus, I’d be willing to bet that body of now-dead 20s-to-40s Kingdom population contained very close to 100% of the engineering and handyman labor which kept everything in the Kingdom running and in good repair; who’s going to pick up THAT slack now?  The more elderly members of the remaining population may have the know-how, and may in fact have been directing the others in the necessary work - but put a bunch of 50- and 60-somethings up on a roof to do reshingling or other repairs after a storm, and I’ll guarantee you some casualties out of the work party.

So crop yields will get smaller, houses will get leakier and less stable, and vital systems such as electricity and plumbing will break down and not get fixed.  All this will result in increased illness and injury in a weaker and less capable population- so yeah, I can see why the Kingdom is suffering in the long run.  That Gatling gun didn’t just kill a lot of people very quickly; it shot out the heart of the Kingdom community.

Reminds me of an old board game from the '70s, After the Holocaust. In it, each player tries to build a stable, productive society in the U.S. after a nuclear war. The quickest way to lose the game is to build up your military and go to war.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2019 at 1:19 PM, nodorothyparker said:

You don't think a woman who runs around wearing part of a rotted corpse as everyday wear is likely to be reasonable or perfectly accepting about it if she shows up to the only place she definitely knows any of these people live only to be told "they're not here"?  I guess the answer depends on how quickly she realizes that herd didn't just wander into camp by itself.

The Hilltoppers will drive her away by telling her that her mother smelled of elderberries, and then farting in her general direction.

• LOL 2

The Fayre promos, rather a lot I’m afraid, but doesn’t the Henry / Lydia kiss look cute 🤮 

Yet as we all know by now, so many scenes of happiness can only result in one thing, death and suffering Walking Dead style!

958EE137-852F-4279-9F50-CECD0E7FEEAC.jpeg

D7E1FC1F-FF95-4317-866B-B06B6613F381.jpeg

3D0DB5D3-19C2-42ED-98FE-C54C2CB8E4D1.jpeg

9AA3345D-534A-4553-9580-51D0B4F26C54.jpeg

F8B52B79-983B-41FF-9A89-16D19D0F2436.jpeg

A88AB7B0-3F92-4081-81EA-A69A40299A5F.jpeg

9F9D3B6E-81B5-4603-A846-18B98C460A90.jpeg

DC4C74A8-AA97-4E0F-A51D-2E74E3BDB809.jpeg

8504D777-23A0-4C23-85D3-F88FC8495249.jpeg

4ADF3C64-0C07-411E-A576-7B70F7D4AEA0.jpeg

3341FFCE-D84E-474E-80E1-3ECC5291E864.jpeg

9D0F5AC2-9A67-4755-B56B-3627597F39F1.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2

Did they all get their boots from the same store? 

I still love Jerry but, alas, he isn't as hot, now that he's a family man. 

I also wonder what went wrong with Rosita and Saddiq because Father Pee Pants looks kinda creepy in that hat.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Man, in that second preview clip Cowboy Ozzy is really deep into his cowboy cosplay, isn't he?

He’s looking more like Black Bart every scene he’s in, there’s nothing wrong with a Wild West stereotype!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m getting a bit sick of Daryl constantly being kidnapped. 

And  that Dawson creek looking mother fucker Henry.  Stupid ass.  

Maybe the widow will crash the fair, guns a blazin’.  I’m still pissed that they Heathed one of their longest running characters. 

If Hilltop is struggling, they should be absorbed by the other communities.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Way too much Henry in those pics.  And I resent his being there and Carl not.

I have yet to catch up on the second half of the season.  Who are those two in the very first photo?

Some damn randos.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Some damn randos.  

LOL!  Okay, thanks.  So I won't bother looking for them.  Still more interesting than Henry, though!

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 1

Henry is the worst.  I’d rather see Brett Butler looking like an 80 year old woman than see Henry’s ass.  And I really dislike the Brett Butler character. 

Who was the boring chick with glasses last episode in the meeting with Michonne, and then another boring chick with glasses guarding the wagon Brett butlers old ass was in?  She and her millennial cohorts almost got Earl, shiver he is, killed. 

In the words of Dinesh D souza, who ah dese pipple?

• LOL 1

Synopses of last two,

E15

The fair at the Kingdom is underway, with all four communities coming together in celebration for the first time in years; while some pacts are renewed, other deals will come at a much steeper price.

E16

In the aftermath of an overwhelming loss, the communities must brave a ferocious blizzard; as one group deals with an enemy from within, another is forced to make a life or death decision.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I have yet to catch up on the second half of the season.  Who are those two in the very first photo?

I have a feeling they may be scrubbed clean Whisperers, they do look remarkably like the two in the third photo, sitting on the wagon. In sneak peek No1 video, Black Bart is looking at an ambush site with an upturned wagon, which I think is the same wagon as in the third photo.

Did the Whisperers choose two of their number who looked the most like the Hilltop two and then used them to infiltrate the Fayre?  But if so, why didn’t they use the wagon to gain entry? If you add this to the synopsis of Ep 16 above, it kind of links up, in a roundabout, shot in the dark, grasping at straws way! 🙄

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

So it finally snows in Virginia. 

I hope it looks more convincing than the ‘tornado’ over on Fear, that could lift Walkers into the air, yet couldn’t bend the smallest of tree branches.

• Love 3

Wow, to go from those happy fair scenes to heads on pikes. Carol and Ezekiel will fall apart if Henry is killed. I am excited about the next episode. Now that Negan's role has been minimized, my love for the show has reawakened.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Spoiler I heard is that the heads on pikes will belong to Tara, Enid and Henry. It's from a source that has been correct in the past, so I guess we shall see. 

I think if it's true it's the smart move to keep Ezekiel and Rosita and eliminate dumbass Henry instead. Losing Jesus ticked fans off, and everyone hates Henry. It's a way for Kang to redeem herself a little, I suppose.

35 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Spoiler I heard is that the heads on pikes will belong to Tara, Enid and Henry. It's from a source that has been correct in the past, so I guess we shall see. 

I think if it's true it's the smart move to keep Ezekiel and Rosita and eliminate dumbass Henry instead. Losing Jesus ticked fans off, and everyone hates Henry. It's a way for Kang to redeem herself a little, I suppose.

I have to admit my overwhelming aversion to Tara has dwindled to indifference but I won't be heartbroken if she dies.  I will never forget that she rolled up to the prison beside the Governor.

I'm sad about Enid because she's a connection to Carl.  It looked like she was moving on so it's a shame for her to die, especially this way.

There will be celebrations in the Sparrow household over the death of Henry.  I only hope he suffered.  A LOT!

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I have to admit my overwhelming aversion to Tara has dwindled to indifference but I won't be heartbroken if she dies.  I will never forget that she rolled up to the prison beside the Governor.

I'm sad about Enid because she's a connection to Carl.  It looked like she was moving on so it's a shame for her to die, especially this way.

There will be celebrations in the Sparrow household over the death of Henry.  I only hope he suffered.  A LOT!

I like Tara, but not enough to give a shit if she dies. Enid I am indifferent too, and Henry I hate. I am so glad now that Carl is gone and didn't get subjected to this crap , It would have been totally unbelievable for Carl to behave this stupidly. I actually asked my husband if teenage boys are really so desperate for a piece of ass that they would risk everyone's lives to try and hook up with some girl they have known for two minutes. He said he didn't think so, but some might be, lol.

• LOL 2

I like Tara and care that she is killed brutally. She was the only one of the Governor's people to refuse to murder Rick's people. She helped Glenn survive when he was alone at the prison and then helped him find Maggie. She was ashamed and admitted to Rick that she had been with the Governor. Tara has been loyal and brave. I will miss her.

I also feel bad about losing Henry and Enid. Like with Carl, I think it is horrible when the community loses children. So far every child has died before becoming an adult. It does not bode well for humanity surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. I also feel for Carol and Ezekiel. They will be distraught and this will be the second child that Carol has lost to this brutal world.

I also read on TSDF that Kelly, Connie's sister is one of the pike victims. Too bad, she had potential, but this means Connie is safe for the time being which makes me happy.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Spoiler I heard is that the heads on pikes will belong to Tara, Enid and Henry.

It's an unconfirmed report on TSDF Army.  Official confirmed spoilers often get hard to come by as their inside sources tend to clamp down as they get to season enders, but they've been right about these things in the past.  Based on their tracking of the actors and their social media accounts, they're also speculating that Brett Butler's character Tammy, Connie's sister Kelly, and longtime Kingdom archer Dianne may also be part of the bloodbath.  Brett Butler posted a picture of a head cast that was made of her and referred to this past episode as her next to last appearance on the show.  I'll pull up what they have when I can sit down at my desktop later.

• Love 3

Henry will be a victim of the bloodbath? Just the promise of that will keep me from turning this off next time. Tara is such a bland and featureless non-entity I don't care one way or the other. Same with Brett Butler and Enid.

30 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I actually asked my husband if teenage boys are really so desperate for a piece of ass that they would risk everyone's lives to try and hook up with some girl they have known for two minutes. He said he didn't think so, but some might be, lol.

I think some might, too, Henry being one of them, that little SHIT ASS punk.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I actually asked my husband if teenage boys are really so desperate for a piece of ass that they would risk everyone's lives to try and hook up with some girl they have known for two minutes. He said he didn't think so, but some might be, lol.

I have to admit it makes a huge difference if it’s your ‘First’ piece of ass, if so, most teenage boys would trample their own mothers into the mud to get at that ass, just being honest, could do with some back up here guys 😛

• LOL 2
  • Love 2