Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: The End

• Start Topic

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great premiere. So what is the Corporative running the outposts? The Cult? The high gates and walls reminded me of Alexandria on The Walking Dead. Why the hell did they kill the horses? And what ate them?

I don't get how the plane took off and landed with the group heading at the San Diego airport. I love Joan Collins' ditzy character. I wondered if she could walk in those heels and turns the answer was barely. They had to help her up the plane stairs. I don't understand why the driver didn't get on the plane instead of standing there and getting killed.

Of course, Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates' characters are getting off on tormenting the others. The scrubbing and killing of the grays and Stu was horrific, but "Oh Jesus Christ, Stu is stew!" was hilarious. Bwah.

Edited by SimoneS
16 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

but "Oh Jesus Christ, Stu is stew!" was hilarious. Bwah.

OMG, I laughed hard at that along with some other great lines,mainly from Leslie Grossman.

When Kathy Bates was left with the horses, I was thinking....oh no,not the horsies! 

Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

How the hell did that plane take off?? I get they could have “crash” landed somehow but how did it take off? 

And no one was flying it! A computer? Looked like the horses had lesions. You could see them right before they got shot. Kathy and Sarah’s characters remind me of the aunts on The Handmaids Tale. Love Joan Collins. 

1 minute ago, patty1h said:

I didn't see the cast list at the beginning... who is the actor who showed up at the end with horses? He looks familiar.

His name is Cody Fern but he was giving me extreme Tom Cruise from Interview With a Vampire vibes as soon as he walked in. 

Finally Sarah is being an evil character.

Good to see Katy Bates again.

Not how I would have wanted to see Evan naked but I will take it.  You owe me Ryan lol.

Joan Collins well I have loved her since Dynasty.

"Oh Jesus Christ, Stu is stew!" Epic!

How did they get off the plane? Will we see a flashback to it?

Evan was a riot as was Leslie.

So Tate's son has arrived this should be fun.

I don't care about that young couple and I hope we do not get a Triangle with Michael Langdon.

Awesome premiere.  This hit like every right note for me.  The horror at the end of the world.  The underground camp was just the right amount of horror.  The purple group actually being tortured by Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates who I could have sworn were a couple.  Then the devil has to stop by and ruin all the fun.

9 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I didn't see the cast list at the beginning... who is the actor who showed up at the end with horses? He looks familiar.

He played David Madson in American Crime Story Versace. I can't wait to see what he does with Michael.

I love that they played that song  You Belong to Me from Murder House when Michael made his entrance.

Edited by sashayshante

I'm going to have to watch this over. I'm not sure what I was expecting....well maybe some Murder House and Coven...but this was certainly different from what I thought it might be. My favorite is Joan Collins, who has never lost her shtick. I would like to think she's still playing Alexis Carrington Colby, even if it's a version from a different dimension. I was thinking of Soylent Green toward the end.

The music choices at the end,  "Calling All Interplanetary Craft" and especially "The Morning After" were cracking me up hard.

Edited by vb68

I wish they would've took longer in getting to the shelter I was enjoying the insanity of the start of an apocalypse. I'm not sure exactly how murder house is going to be incorporated into it? I mean the 666 on the mirror was a sign something was there but is it a witch or a ghost and if it's a ghost how did it get there, they can't usually leave where they died no? I would've called them out on killing stew for food right away. You just told us he was irradiated now you are going to eat him. I thought the same about the driver, there's no way I'd be driving them there and not getting on the plane.

What is worst for your eyes, to look directly at a nuclear explosion or to look directly at a solar eclipse?

I hope they figure out a way to get more people into the bunker. The people who are there certainly weren't chosen to repopulate the earth.

I can't wait for Joan Collins to die so that everybody can be given a ration of "Beef Jerky", "Snap into a Slim Joan!".

Best AHS premiere in a long time: genuinely fun and visually exciting.  After last season, which was absolutely teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrible I’d almost given up, but if they don’t mess this up they’ve got a far, far better premise and setup this year.

I quite enjoyed last year, for the most part, but this was a thousand times better and just all around a whole lot of fun! It managed to be both creepy and hilarious. Even before the opening credits rolled I felt like I could already watch it again. To comment much more would be redundant as most of you have said what I was going to say. Joan Collins was a welcome surprise,, not that I was ever a Dynasty fan, but simply as a television icon and I loved that she seemed to relish in lampooning her Alexis Carrington image. One thing I am curious about, IMDb lists both Emma Roberts and Cheyenne Jackson in the cast for this episode but I didn't notice either of them during the show. Was it a blink and you miss it moment or is the cast information wrong? I hope we don't have to wait too long for the HOUSE/Coven connection to manifest.

2 hours ago, TvGeek said:

I'm not sure exactly how murder house is going to be incorporated into it? I mean the 666 on the mirror was a sign something was there but is it a witch or a ghost and if it's a ghost how did it get there, they can't usually leave where they died no? I would've called them out on killing stew for food right away. You just told us he was irradiated now you are going to eat him. I thought the same about the driver, there's no way I'd be driving them there and not getting on the plane.

I wonder if the Outpost is built on the site that was once the Murder House? Hence the ghosts still there? Felt bad about the driver. "You just endangered your own life for these a-holes and they won't even let you on the plane?" *splat* Yeah, right.

I would have loved a "Who's on First"-type dialogue: "It's stew." "It's STU??? We're eating Stu?!" "We're not cannibals, it's stew." "AAAAGH!!! We're eating Stu!!!" The thing is, I think they were eating Stu stew. Remember they faked his radiation count by tweaking the geiger counter. He wasn't really irradiated, therefore technically edible.

5 hours ago, TvGeek said:

I'm not sure exactly how murder house is going to be incorporated into it? I

The man who showed up at the end was Michael, Vivien and Tate's (now adult) son, the Antichrist. Billie Dean Howard said in Murder House the Antichrist would herald the end times. Hence, AHS Apocalypse. 

IMDb lists both Emma Roberts and Cheyenne Jackson in the cast for this episode but I didn't notice either of them during the show.

@Daltrey--they were both credits-only this episode but they are confirmed cast members this season.

Edited by acid burn

I am probably the only person who would rate Cult as my second favorite.  Then again I really enjoyed Hotel and Roanoke so who am I to judge.  

I rarely watch opening credits so when I saw Dina Meyer (I have loved her since Starship Troopers) I was excited so of course she dies in the apocalypse.

I loved that by the time the “Soylant Green” came out that most people were so desperate for real food that they didnt particularly care they were eating people.  Even a person they knew.

I am curious how long Joan Collins is going to survive.  

I know this is a crossover with Coven and Murder House but the irony is that the fallout shelter stuff could cover ten episodes by itself.  Still my guess is They will move to The Murder House as it of course is one of the few places to survive and the Coven witches will follow.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I don't think Outpost 3 is built on top of the Murder House land. Murder House was not set near a forest and Venebale said Outpost 3 used to be a boy's school.  Timothy and Emily were only brought to Outpost 3 within a few weeks/months of the blast, not enough time to go Murder House - Boy's School- Outpopst 3.

I'm guessing the "boy's school" was actually a male version of Miss Robichaux's Academy for warlocks, and Michael was shipped off to that school at some point. It would appear Michael is the leader of The Cooperative. Other than Rubber Man, I don't think we'll see any actual Murder House crossover until episode 6, when Lange is slated to appear. The thing that has me uneasy about this season is that,judging by Michael'shair length in trailers,  there appears to be a great deal of going back and forth from the present to the past.

Roberts and Jackson weren't in the episode, but they probably have great agents who negotiated main credits for them and they'll be in most episodes. Emma Roberts is a blight on this series considering her past of physical abuse. It totally makes me side-eye Murphy that he keeps giving her work.  Between that and the constant gratuitous bare ass shots, and Murphy gives me a very icky feeling.

I mean, real talk, I think I'd rather be eliminated in the blast. Boredom, nutrition cubes, cannibalism, and at the end of it you probably die anyway? And if you're a Gray you just have a lifetime of servitude? Do they even get the nutrition cubes? At least in the blast you could be with people you love and it would be over quickly. (I would not want to fuck with nuclear winter though.)

4 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

I don't think Outpost 3 is built on top of the Murder House land. Murder House was not set near a forest and Venebale said Outpost 3 used to be a boy's school.  Timothy and Emily were only brought to Outpost 3 within a few weeks/months of the blast, not enough time to go Murder House - Boy's School- Outpopst 3.

I'm guessing the "boy's school" was actually a male version of Miss Robichaux's Academy for warlocks, and Michael was shipped off to that school at some point. It would appear Michael is the leader of The Cooperative. Other than Rubber Man, I don't think we'll see any actual Murder House crossover until episode 6, when Lange is slated to appear. The thing that has me uneasy about this season is that,judging by Michael'shair length in trailers,  there appears to be a great deal of going back and forth from the present to the past.

Roberts and Jackson weren't in the episode, but they probably have great agents who negotiated main credits for them and they'll be in most episodes. Emma Roberts is a blight on this series considering her past of physical abuse. It totally makes me side-eye Murphy that he keeps giving her work.  Between that and the constant gratuitous bare ass shots, and Murphy gives me a very icky feeling.

And she's a shitty actress. She seems to be a shitty person as well.

I bet Sarah Paulson is having so much fun. I can picture her just cracking up after each take. I think this is going to be a great season. (And as someone who's planning to take a social media fast in October - I have a fundraiser going on that ends in September, so after that - and who has a bunch of friends who have quit social media altogether and are happier for it, when Ms.-Venable-if-you're-nasty said social media and technology destroyed the world, I was like, " ... Maybe not wrong.")

6 hours ago, TvGeek said:

I'm not sure exactly how murder house is going to be incorporated into it? I mean the 666 on the mirror was a sign something was there but is it a witch or a ghost and if it's a ghost how did it get there, they can't usually leave where they died no? I would've called them out on killing stew for food right away. You just told us he was irradiated now you are going to eat him. I thought the same about the driver, there's no way I'd be driving them there and not getting on the plane.

It looked like they had been killing people for a while (had they all been down there 2 weeks or were some down before that?) so maybe that bunker was starting to collect the ghost like the murder house did I mean those that got killed couldn't be to happy about that could they? how long does it take for enough energy to build up with the ghost till they can actually do what the murder house ghost did? And it was a school before so did the boys die on campus too or? It was funny to me how the Elite so easily let them dominate them I mean if some of them were hand selected wouldn't that put them above reproach with being beaten and things? and the serving of stew in the stew would have pointed out to anyone with a brain that he wasn't radiated and was killed for the meat or that the woman in front of them had gone bonkers and maybe should be taken out...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
42 minutes ago, acid burn said:

The man who showed up at the end was Michael, Vivien and Tate's (now adult) son, the Antichrist. Billie Dean Howard said in Murder House the Antichrist would herald the end times. Hence, AHS Apocalypse. 

So if it is end of times and they are combining elements of all the shows, do we think or have we heard this is the last season? 

2 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

So if it is end of times and they are combining elements of all the shows, do we think or have we heard this is the last season? 

No,it's been renewed for 2 more seasons. For that reason alone, it seems to me they're going to go back in time to stop Michael.

They got the look of a post nuclear apocalyptic world right and I liked the merging of both motifs of Murder House and Coven in the opening credits. 

I'm not surprised that aside from Michael at the end, there was more of a focus on the new people. We have enough time to see the old favourites so it made sense to build up the new characters.

Despite being neither regulars, Timothy and Emily seemed the more sympathetic but I quite liked Gallant, Mallory, Andre and Dinah. Evie was amusing enough and I'm mixed on Coco for now.

Both Venable and Meade are interesting villains but I could see them turning on each other or Michael pitting them against one another as well. 

The purples and greys caste system, yikes and already both Timothy and Emily are going to break Venable's rules. Felt bad for Stu as well too, ending up as a stew. 

Who left the 666 that Timothy unwisely ignored? 8/10

23 minutes ago, darkestboy said:

They got the look of a post nuclear apocalyptic world right and I liked the merging of both motifs of Murder House and Coven in the opening credits. 

I'm not surprised that aside from Michael at the end, there was more of a focus on the new people. We have enough time to see the old favourites so it made sense to build up the new characters.

Despite being neither regulars, Timothy and Emily seemed the more sympathetic but I quite liked Gallant, Mallory, Andre and Dinah. Evie was amusing enough and I'm mixed on Coco for now.

Both Venable and Meade are interesting villains but I could see them turning on each other or Michael pitting them against one another as well. 

The purples and greys caste system, yikes and already both Timothy and Emily are going to break Venable's rules. Felt bad for Stu as well too, ending up as a stew. 

If you see screenshots of Michael's badge when he arrives, his ID number ends in -666. It could be a ghost from a boy that was a student at the boy's school before it became Outpost 3.

15 minutes ago, darkestboy said:

You already know. Venable said "no unauthorized copulation" so I assume there will be some kind of "we must repopulate the earth" plan in place, maybe based on their genetics. People are probably required to procreate with assigned partners or something.

13 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

You already know. Venable said "no unauthorized copulation" so I assume there will be some kind of "we must repopulate the earth" plan in place, maybe based on their genetics. People are probably required to procreate with assigned partners or something.

I'm thinking the reason the other Outposts have been destroyed is because they failed to provide Michael with the ideal mother for his child. ('Sup Emily.) I think he wiped everyone else to create Antichrist babies and begin anew.

Edited by sashayshante

I guess I'm one of the few who thought the premiere was awful, just as bad as Cult's premiere. I only tuned in for the MH/Coven crossover and not one character from either was in the premiere. Instead we get a rehash of why this show has become unwatchable. I did like the new credits opening; besides that, the only things horrific about the show at this point are the bad writing and complete waste of some great talent.

Edited by TheGreenKnight

I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.  I do have some concerns.  I don't get Murphy's obsession with Sarah Paulson.  I suppose she is fine but something about her just grates me. I'm not fond of her acting style and there is something about her mouth that bugs me.  Not too excited for her to have 3 different characters this season. I would love to see more Joan Collins. Her character cracks me up. I think Coco will be good, too, as long as she is in small doses.

I liked this premier more than Roanoak which ended up being so bad I didn't even finish it and better than Hotel which I think was second worst of the series. Murder House and Coven were two of my favorties, each for different reasons, so I'm interested in how this will play out. I hope that I am able to see that anti-Christ differently.  Right now, he just looks too much like Kylo Ren crossed with Lucious Malfoy for me to see anything but that.

The horses wearing gas masks, together with old school plumage, really cracked me up.  Until they were disposed of.  Poor horsies.

"Stu is stew" is so bad, it was good again.

In Versace, Cody Fern reminded me so much of Andrew McCarthy, my biggest 80's crush.  I never knew I needed Andrew McCarthy vampire in my life!

Anyone notice that Adina Porter's character is "Dinah Stevens"...perhaps a nod to "Dynasty?" 

7 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

Best AHS premiere in a long time: genuinely fun and visually exciting.  After last season, which was absolutely teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrible I’d almost given up, but if they don’t mess this up they’ve got a far, far better premise and setup this year.

Oh, they'll mess it up, lol. They always do eventually. Agreed though, the setup so far is pretty interesting.

I'm in the minority, but, I wasn't that impressed with the premier.  Perhaps,  my expectations were unrealistic, but, I thought the premise was old.  I mean, nuclear holocaust, certain survivors, ........too overdone for me.  And even some of the dialogue seemed stilted.  Not very original and the whole thing of "I'm the boss, you are to obey,"  just seems so cliche.  And the 666.....please.  Maybe, this is like an old school horror.  Perhaps, I have to adjust my expectations. 

Ryan Murphy is my guy,  he just gets me.  Freak Show was the only season I haven’t liked.  And Glee and Pose are the only shows of his I haven’t outright loved.    He just gets me.  So I have to be careful coming to these boards because I can see a lot of people don’t feel the same way about AHS as I do.   I thought this episode was right on par with his best work.  I wait every year for this show.  

I love the new characters.   I even forgot for a second that this was suppose to be a crossover but now I am looking forward to how he will incorporate the characters from Coven and Murder House.  And for those who worry that he tends to lose the plot this seasob is a few episodes shorter then usual so it will probably be tighter.  

Still I loved this from start to....a The end.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I thought the opening, pre-credits sequence was awesome. They got right into it and grabbed my attention. The entire end-of-the-world scenario was done exceptionally well and I was genuinely impressed and excited about the new season. And the post-credits sequence with the teenagers was equally compelling. But once they got inside the compound, and literally the moment Sarah Paulson appeared on screen, everything sort of fell apart. Everything about her and Kathy Bates screams "camp" and up until that point the story had been much more grounded in reality, which was a significant tonal shift away from the usual Ryan Murphy schlock. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but I was still disappointed. 

Still, after the last two dreadful seasons I remain cautiously optimistic. I just wish there was someone on hand to steer Murphy away from his worst impulses. 

Anyone notice that Adina Porter's character is "Dinah Stevens"...perhaps a nod to "Dynasty?" 

I think more likely a nod to Dinah Shore, who had her own talk show back in the day. 

I don't think Outpost 3 is built on top of the Murder House land. Murder House was not set near a forest and Venebale said Outpost 3 used to be a boy's school.  

The nuke destroyed LA (where the Murder House was located) and the plane flew the group out of Santa Monica so it's definitely not anywhere near LA. 

I found myself getting unexpectedly emotional during the end of the world scenes.  The newscaster saying good bye to his kids got to me, Tim leaving his family...  Wasn't expecting to feel any feels while watching AHS.  I guess it's the mom in me. I didn't love it, didn't hate it, but I'm intrigued enough to give it a few more episodes. 

13 hours ago, Valny said:

OMG, I laughed hard at that along with some other great lines,mainly from Leslie Grossman.

I'm still cracking up at Leslie's character yelling from off-screen for her assistant to "Come stick your finger down my throat so I can throw up," when they learned about the Stu Stew.  LMAO!

32 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I found myself getting unexpectedly emotional during the end of the world scenes.  The newscaster saying good bye to his kids got to me, Tim leaving his family...  Wasn't expecting to feel any feels while watching AHS. 

Me too.  I got emotional at how real it all felt and then I started thinking, shit, this could actually happen at any moment right now!