Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Whatever Remains, However Improbable

Gregson has said, a couple of times I think, that Hannah wasn't that great a detective.  She was way ahead of  the FBI at finding Michael and a little ahead of Sherlock. 

I really hated Gregson blaming everything on Sherlock.  It was Michael's doing, not Sherlock's.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

I thought Sherlock was the one being a jerk.  He told Joan that he would help her cover it up if she did it.  So when he found out Hannah did it, he should have understood it immediately and offered to help Gregson.  I really thought Joan was going to tell him what a jerk he was being.  Ultimately he did help cover it up, but for a few minutes it looked like he was going to let Gregson and Hannah go to prison.

The final scene was cute.  I don't know whats in store for season 7, but Bell and Gregson are in it.  I hope we don't have to wait until April to see it.

I don't think there was any way for him to help Gregson without hurting Joan. As much as Sherlock likes and admires Gregson, he loves Joan and she would always be his priority.

• Love 12

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I did like the ending and would have been fine with that for a series finale, but boy - they have quite a mess to clean up next season if they intend to keep Gregson and Bell on the show. Especially Gregson - they really threw his character under the bus. I mean, it's great that Aiden Quinn got some meaty material to sink his teeth into, because he has the least flashy part on the whole show and is seldom given anything serious to do. But the fact that he helped his daughter cover up a murder then lashed out at Sherlock for bringing Michael into their lives is a lot to recover from. He's usually the Dudley Do-right of the show.

I guess I would be OK with a final season taking place entirely in London but it would be an unceremonious and undeserving end for two characters (Marcus, Gregson) that have been staples of the series since day 1. And yet, if they go back to NY, I don't know how they fix this.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh Sherlock. Hannah wasn't worth it. 

The question isn't whether Hannah was worth it, but if Gregson was. Given that he made Sherlock a consultant w/ NYPD when nobody else would touch him (coming out of rehab for heroin addiction), and the friendship b/w them, Sherlock felt Gregson was worth it so long as Sherlock could figure out a way to ensure that Watson wasn't arrested or charged w/ Michael's murder.

12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Maybe they can even get Natalie Dormer to show up one more time, back in London where it all started?

From your fingertips to [insert favorite deity]'s ears.

12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Plus, we need another season to clear up who is watching Clyde. WHO IS WATCHING CLYDE!?!?!

I know! I admit I'm a little disappointed that Clyde didn't kill Michael or assist in finding out who did. Nor was he in bed comforting Joan, Clyde really fell down on the job in this episode. Still, I'm willing to give the guy another chance.

2 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Going forward, I would think that Gregson and Bell are out as regulars (?).  I mean, they could somehow find a convoluted way of keeping them, but Bell should be working with the US Marshals by now, and they've burned Gregson as an ally way too badly to bring him back.

If Mallick has the juice she implied that she has w/ the Marshal service, Bell might not have a spot there anymore.

2 hours ago, beadgirl said:

Wow. So there were plot issues, but I thought the emotional tone of the show was excellent. Sherlock's comment that only Joan could see he was dying, him not being able to use the word "happy" when he was trying to tell her that he finally was, that ending ... wow.

So much this. I loved the final scene in the townhouse and then seeing Joan in jolly ol' England.

I do laugh a little at the comments about how by-they-book a cop Gregson is. He knows what Holmes and Watson do and that they often use extra-legal methods. Yet, he looks the other way b/c they are able to put the bad guys away.

I'm also glad that Michael wasn't used more in the season. This show is a little like Leverage when it comes to season-long plots. The episodic stories are fun, but Shinwell and Michael were not the best use of the show's time.

• Love 4

I also think they have to address Bell and whether he knew or not (i don't think he did)  I would love for him to travel to London tell them he did not know or approve of what Gregson did.  Then i would like for him to tell them while he understands why they did what they did,  he was hurt that they left without tell him the real reason.  I also want a scene with Bell speaking with Gregson and finding out what Gregson did.

• Love 3

I don't think it was out of character for Gregson to cover for Hanna, she's his daughter and he has looked the other way for Kitty twice. What was OOC was him silently watching Watson being dragged into the FBI as prime suspect and then blaming Sherlock for the whole mess. It would have been more in character for him to actually take the fall himself. But the show wanted the emotional drama to focus on Watson and Sherlock - not Gregson. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, geekgirl921 said:

I don't think there was any way for him to help Gregson without hurting Joan. As much as Sherlock likes and admires Gregson, he loves Joan and she would always be his priority.

Now that I think more about it, he kind of did help Gregson. He could have easily taped his conversation with Gregson and/or Hannah and gone to the FBI with that and the murder weapon instead he took the fall himself.

• Love 3

This episode did absolutely nothing to assuage my previous concerns that Malick's theory made no sense. The closest it came was when Joan was all "she's got nothing". Pretty unsatisfying.

Not shocked it was Hannah and also not shocked Sherlock was willing to help cover. Sherlock letting Gregson get away with covering for Hannah, to me is equivalent to Gregson letting Sherlock get away with Kitty escaping.

The escape to England plan sounded to me like something book-Mycroft would've could've orchestrated, so it was interesting to me it happened after the show's version was dead.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

"She was more than just Hannah's roommate, she was her best friend!" Good lord, why wouldn't they just pull the obvious trigger on that???? Doesn't seem like the show to be afraid of that. (I'm so glad this show is not over, but in full agreement with everyone that it would've been a great ending. But if we get more AQ and JMH, I'm happy. They didn't REALLY get an ending that was fair.)

• Applause 1
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Hannah is bad news.  I was thinking back to the episodes she's been in over the years, and she always brings misery to at least one of the cast members.  I can't believe everyone is covering up for her (again!).

The Holmes family protected Sherlock the junkie/addict from consequences...so maybe the wheel is now spinning to her......

Agreed. 
That is how you do a series finale. It's a perfect fourth-wall breaking bookend to all those viewers who were outraged at the start of the series because it was in NYC:
   Sherlock:  I'm still not sure about this, you know. Us. Here.
   Joan:  Really? That's funny, because I feel like we're exactly where we're supposed to be

And Joan's white, British frock. No more NYC black.

5 HOURS AGO, WRITING WRONGS SAID:

I also hated how Mallick was basically trying to blackmail Bell using his future with the Marshals.

Yes, absolutely hateful character, but ❤️Loved❤️ the expression on Bell's/JMH's face as he just stared back at her. I almost hope that there's a time in my future when I can use that stare.

17 hours ago, Calvada said:

thought it was shitty of Gregson to put the blame on Sherlock for bringing Michael into their lives.  Gregson has never completely trusted Sherlock and his methods, and has never failed to point out Sherlock's ethical shortcomings during investigations.  But he's willing to let Sherlock's and Joan's life and work

It's almost amusing to realize that the writers destroyed Gregson's reputation by making him destroy Sherlock's and Joan's reputations.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Sherlock:  I'm still not sure about this, you know. Us. Here.
   Joan:  Really? That's funny, because I feel like we're exactly where we're supposed to be

That was my favourite exchange in the whole episode:)

I hope we'll meet up with Mallick next season so they can all put her in her place. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

Hmm. Well, that was definitely a series finale, but I think I would be somewhat pissed if it had been the series finale. I'm not even a Gregson fan, but the way they blew up his and Sherlock's relationship was pretty awful. (I did love that scene, though. I was bored up until that point, and that scene positively crackled.) There wasn't enough Bell. No Clyde. And while I did love the Sherlock/ Joan good-bye scene in the brownstone, the final scene was just a little too on-the-nose cute for me. 

I'm interested to see where they go from here, though I'm a little afraid it will involve a lot of wow-that's-convenient (or unlikely, or both) on the part of the audience.

31 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

"She was more than just Hannah's roommate, she was her best friend!" Good lord, why wouldn't they just pull the obvious trigger on that????

Right? I couldn't believe that line went where it went. 

• Love 8

Given that he made Sherlock a consultant w/ NYPD when nobody else would touch him (coming out of rehab for heroin addiction), and the friendship b/w them, Sherlock felt Gregson was worth it so long as Sherlock could figure out a way to ensure that Watson wasn't arrested or charged w/ Michael's murder.

That's what made Gregson's accusation (about Sherlock being responsible for Michael being in his daughter's life) so out of character to me. Gregson himself has always invited Sherlock and Joan to contribute and help out with cases so by extention it's Gregson's fault that Michael had anything to do with his daughter.

I don't think it was out of character for Gregson to cover for Hanna, she's his daughter and he has looked the other way for Kitty twice. What was OOC was him silently watching Watson being dragged into the FBI as prime suspect and then blaming Sherlock for the whole mess. It would have been more in character for him to actually take the fall himself. But the show wanted the emotional drama to focus on Watson and Sherlock - not Gregson. 

That's a fair point. But the fact remains that this is going to be hard to fix if they intend to keep Aiden Quinn on the show. I just don't know how the character recovers from this.

In hindsight I think my favorite moment would be Sherlock yelling "Do you mind!?!" through the wall, only to learn it was Joan he was yelling at.

Still . . . would Scotland Yard actually want anything to do with them after he signed a confession to murder??

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

"She was more than just Hannah's roommate, she was her best friend!" Good lord, why wouldn't they just pull the obvious trigger on that???? Doesn't seem like the show to be afraid of that. (I'm so glad this show is not over, but in full agreement with everyone that it would've been a great ending. But if we get more AQ and JMH, I'm happy. They didn't REALLY get an ending that was fair.)

I agree on the whole Hannah's "best friend" thing. I was totally expecting him to say she was Hannah's lover. And even if they had previously shown Hannah to have male lovers, well, this is 2018 and bi people exist.

This whole episode was an acting tour-de-force for Jonny. He was fantastic and it was amazing to see all of Sherlock's emotions play across his face, especially in what he thought was his final exchange with Joan. His unspoken "happy" was just crushing. And Lucy just reflecting all that back to him... I was having quite a few emotions myself. And the end just made me laugh and clap like a fool. "You realize I only said that because I thought we'd never see each other again." LOL I rewound and watched those two scenes more times than I'd care to admit. If that had been the real last scene of the series, I would have been totally OK with it. I'm glad they're continuing, though. This show is totally underrated.

On a shallow note, Joan's starry blouse and long black coat in their "farewell" scene were gorgeous. She looked just so slim and perfect. She's worn that coat before and it really suits her. I liked that they switched her to a white dress and coat in London. It was a nice touch.

Edited by Kathira
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Still . . . would Scotland Yard actually want anything to do with them after he signed a confession to murder??

Yeah, even if they got a tip by MI6 it seems odd that nobody would object. And should his 'confession' not cause re-opening at least some of the cases he was consulting on for the NYPD? 

53 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

And Joan's white, British frock. No more NYC black.

I want that frock! Although I’d be terrified I’d spill something on it.

Sherlock/Joan is my favorite tv relationship. When Sherlock said ‘she’s my best friend’ I teared up.

I really enjoyed this season.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, beadgirl said:

Mallick was annoying in her conviction that Joan did it (she had two broken ribs!), but she didn't have the evidence we/Sherlock and co. had, and I'm glad she wasn't the killer or even the one who framed Joan. Speaking of, is there a definitive answer to why Michael said "Joan" in that message? Did he see it was a woman attacking him, and assumed it was she?

Pretty much, yeah.  Figure by that time, Michael had forgotten than Hannah had ever even existed.

As far as Sherlock and Joan getting set up in the UK, remember that MI-6 spun a bullshit story, but it was a very effective bit of bullshit.  Essentially MI-6 cast Sherlock as killing Michael to remove/prevent a threat to British national security.  So, Britain wouldn't extradite Sherlock to face those charges in the any more than the US would extradite to Pakistan those member of Seal Team 6 who iced bin Laden.  Meanwhile, do you really think members of that team who desired work in US law enforcement would be denied because they helped "murder" Osama bin Laden?  Doubt it.  Figure it's highly likely that NSA Agent McNally probably helped provide the grease to help the bullshit slide down.  It likely helps that aside from zealots like Agent Mallick figure very little of the US Law Enforcement, Intelligence and Security forces will shed too many tears over a dead serial killer.  Of course this all means that whatever favors Sherlock was owed from MI-6 have been exhausted and it's likely he's in pretty deep hock to them for favors they'll want from him.  As for Scotland Yard, even if some people quietly doubt the MI-6 version, Michael was, again, a vile serial killer.  Fuck him.

I loved that overall Sherlock wasn't angry at Hannah for murdering Michael.  He was angry that she was so utterly fucking shit at murder.  Remember he tore Gregson's house apart looking for the evidence.  If he'd found it, he would absolutely have ratted Hannah out (though he'd likely have helped pay for her legal defense and brought in folks to testify about "extreme emotional distress").  Unfortunately, there was no proof and he couldn't point the FBI at Hannah without destroying Gregson (and Gregson's family, including his wife who has that degenerative disease), likely tainting Bell and others in the Major Case Unit.

As much as it sucks, Sherlock managed to find the least destructive way to resolve the situation.    See you in London next season.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, gesundheit said:

"She was more than just Hannah's roommate, she was her best friend!" Good lord, why wouldn't they just pull the obvious trigger on that????

It wasn't fear.  It was symmetry.  Hannah did what she did to avenge her best friend.  Sherlock was trying to get evidence about Hannah to save Joan, his best friend.  Platonic love is a thing on this show and is as powerful as other kinds of love.  And that's okay.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

That's what made Gregson's accusation (about Sherlock being responsible for Michael being in his daughter's life) so out of character to me. Gregson himself has always invited Sherlock and Joan to contribute and help out with cases so by extention it's Gregson's fault that Michael had anything to do with his daughter.

Yeah, but Michael didn't come from some case Sherlock was investigating at Gregson's request.  He came out of Sherlock's injury and weakness.  He came about because Sherlock didn't take care of himself and was so damaged by the time he fully encountered Michael that he invited Michael into his life without realizing what Michael actually was.  Had Sherlock taken better care of himself and not been so dismissive of his own physical needs and limitations, he'd likely have spotted Michael for what he was long before Hannah's roommate/bestie was killed.

So, yeah, Gregson's accusation is kind of unfair, but only kind of.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

The question isn't whether Hannah was worth it, but if Gregson was.

I totally get that, and its probably why Sherlock confessed and didnt turn Hannah and Gregson in for committing a murder and obstructing evidence, when he probably could have. He owes him, and they really have been a team for a long time now. It just really sucks how everything went down, and that apparently both Hannah and Gregson were alright with Joan getting her name dragged through the mud at best, and going to jail at worst, and he basically blamed Sherlock. I mean, I dont think even Gregson really bought that this was his fault, and was probably lashing out because of guilt, but still. Ouch. 

Word on everyone who thought that "she wasn't just a roommate" was going to lead to us finding out she was Hannah's girlfriend. Maybe I would feel a bit more sympathy for Hannah is it wasn't that every time we saw her, there was some new dramatic ordeal happening with her. 

• Love 12

I totally thought she was her girlfriend the second she was murdered. That line of dialogue in this episode was...not helpful...unless they're trying to suggest Gregson is one of those parents who is not outright horrible about having a not-straight kid, but also still refuses to actually use the word "girlfriend". I don't think that's what they were going for, but the way the scene was written had the unfortunate side-effect of sending my mind there.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

WOW. Just wow. What an outstanding episode and not at all what I expected.

The FBI agent has a serious hard on for Watson. Glad Sherlock nipped her vengeful quest in the bud. The mere fact she threatened Marcus shows her agenda.

Loved that Sherlock ended up protecting Capt Gregson. 

The ending scenes at the Brownstone where Sherlock and Watson's feelings were on display was moving. And the love is not a female-male thing but something between best of friends. Any one hoping for a Watson-Sherlock pairing are out of luck.

As far as the new setting in England I don't think that is going to happen. Something will happen in New York to let them return. But if they stay in London imagine all the new story lines that are possible.

Will miss Gregson and Marcus but Marcus was leaving anyway and I would imagine that Gregson knowing Hannah committed murder will retire. He's not the type to carry around that kind of guilt.

Looking froward to Season 7 and how the move to London works out.

• Love 3
On 9/17/2018 at 11:42 PM, Makenna said:

I kept expecting Joan to come out with a baby stroller or for her to mention the nanny was watching the baby or something and it never happened. I'm kind of disappointed we won't see a kid running around and now that whole adoption storyline feels like a total waste of time. 

I think that is still to come and maybe Joan will find it easier to adopt in the UK/Europe. I don't really mind this storyline anymore because Sherlock and Joan are "two people who love each other" and that's all that matters to me now! 

On 9/18/2018 at 1:11 AM, Passepartout said:

Me thinks that it is not the last of the FBI agent Mallick we have seen of her. As really makes you wonder if she is part of a conspiracy or just annoying. But really think it is not the last we will see of her.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:24 AM, misstwpherecool said:

Wasn't Parminder Nagra's character on the Blacklist also a federal agent? Same character without the accent. That's the thing her American accent is phony it sounds too cliche and seems like she has to speak in a different tone and has some issue with s's-eh I'm prejudiced by her natural speaking voice which is fine by me.

As someone who loved Bend it like Beckham and most of Nagra's work on ER, I am really disappointed to see how one note she was in this role. 

I get that the character is a smug trope. I don't begrudge her trying to find Michael's killer but she seems so certain that Joan did it because of one recording.  Nagra's American accent is not great and she spends most of the time acting broadly as "jerk FBI agent". I will be glad if we don't see her again. 

On 9/18/2018 at 12:51 PM, Trey said:

I really hated Gregson blaming everything on Sherlock.  It was Michael's doing, not Sherlock's.

23 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I don't think it was out of character for Gregson to cover for Hanna, she's his daughter and he has looked the other way for Kitty twice. What was OOC was him silently watching Watson being dragged into the FBI as prime suspect and then blaming Sherlock for the whole mess. It would have been more in character for him to actually take the fall himself. But the show wanted the emotional drama to focus on Watson and Sherlock - not Gregson. 

It's not out of character and Gregson is a parent. I don't think he was rational at all when he blamed Sherlock. He was grasping at straws. I do wonder how they'll write Gregson's character. There is no way this will sit well in the long run. 

I am not sure if we're suppose to feel really sorry for Hannah. I agree with whomever mentioned above that every time she's on this show, she's brought a lot of misery to the characters. The actress is not helping either. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I did like the ending and would have been fine with that for a series finale, but boy - they have quite a mess to clean up next season if they intend to keep Gregson and Bell on the show. Especially Gregson - they really threw his character under the bus. I mean, it's great that Aiden Quinn got some meaty material to sink his teeth into, because he has the least flashy part on the whole show and is seldom given anything serious to do. But the fact that he helped his daughter cover up a murder then lashed out at Sherlock for bringing Michael into their lives is a lot to recover from. He's usually the Dudley Do-right of the show.

I guess I would be OK with a final season taking place entirely in London but it would be an unceremonious and undeserving end for two characters (Marcus, Gregson) that have been staples of the series since day 1. And yet, if they go back to NY, I don't know how they fix this.

Marcus is going to the Marshals service and Gregson will resign as he's not the type to carry around the guilt that his daughter left him with.

• Love 2

As far as Sherlock and Joan getting set up in the UK, remember that MI-6 spun a bullshit story, but it was a very effective bit of bullshit.  Essentially MI-6 cast Sherlock as killing Michael to remove/prevent a threat to British national security.  So, Britain wouldn't extradite Sherlock to face those charges in the any more than the US would extradite to Pakistan those member of Seal Team 6 who iced bin Laden. 

Thanks, I think that sort of went over my head a little bit.

Michael didn't come from some case Sherlock was investigating at Gregson's request.  He came out of Sherlock's injury and weakness.

That's certainly true but the fact remains that Sherlock is tied to Gregson because of Gregson, not because of other circumstances. The circumstances of how Michael became an issue aren't really relevant - Gregson's daughter was targeted because of Gregson's association with Sherlock and that's something Gregson himself initiated and is responsible for.

That said I think we all can agree Gregson was simply lashing out and grasping at straws out of guilt and desperation. It was still painful to watch him turn on Sherlock though - that's my main point.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Athena said:

I am not sure if we're suppose to feel really sorry for Hanna. I agree with whomever mentioned above that every time she's on this show, she's brought a lot of misery to the characters. The actress is not helping either. 

Yeah she was so blasé  in the scene with Sherlock, like “sorry Joan might go to prison for murder but I did what I had to do!”

Would parents of his victims really have cause to sue Joan? That seems preposterous.  

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Trey said:

Gregson has said, a couple of times I think, that Hannah wasn't that great a detective.  She was way ahead of  the FBI at finding Michael and a little ahead of Sherlock. 

"Genius" is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.  Hannah put in the time, effort and sweat to run down Michael's various connections, particularly within addiction programs.

41 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah she was so blade in the scene with Sherlock, like “sorry Joan might go to prison for murder but I did what I had to do!”

I half-expected Sherlock to snap back with "I don't mind that you did what you had to do.  I just wish you hadn't been so completely crap in doing it!"

One thing that's interesting is the way this season has been somewhat thematically related to Season 3.  Both seasons involved certain pitfalls with "The Program" and in both seasons, Sherlock wasn't "defeated" by a brilliant plot from a master criminal but by a weak, somewhat incompetent person in just the right/wrong place.

• Love 6

There were a lot of little things I loved in this episode.  The last exchange in the brownstone.  Sherlock being sensitive to what Joan went through and waiting outside her door until she awoke.  Sherlock bringing "Michael's body" to the brownstone (I totally thought he did when he said that).  I wouldn't mind a good stint in England in the (now) final season.  I would enjoy it if Lestrade, Kitty, Morland, and Moriarty made appearance.  I hope Bell gets to stick around.

Others have pointed out the plot inconsistencies in this one.  It's hard for me to believe that Gregson would cover-up a murder for anyone, but Aiden Quinn's performance was quite good.  I thought the misery and despair came through.  It was a bit of a pot-kettle conversation between Gregson and Sherlock, especially considering that Sherlock incited arson in an attempt to cover for Joan.  I suspect that if Joan had actually been arrested, then Gregson would have acted.  As another person mentioned, he might have taken the fall himself.  How bad a criminal is Hanna for still having the murder weapon?  Come on.  East river.  I think this would have played out better if Sherlock had figured out Hanna was the murderer without having Gregson be involved.  Or, if Gregson had come to Sherlock with help covering up for Hanna.  He obviously wasn't good at it if he gave his real name while deleting that footage.

I remember this show's 221B differently.  I thought it was an upper floor apartment.

• Love 6

It makes sense that they didn’t use footage of Joan with a baby once they found out they’d been renewed. They needed to save some things for next season, and they didn’t need to tie up every storyline. I don’t know how they’re going top this episode when they really do have their finale. It was certainly frustrating, but the ending scenes in London were beautiful and perfect.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Trey said:

While I loved the last bit in London, and could have lived with that as a series finale, I really hated that Joan was left with her innocence unproven to everyone. And I am really, really disappointed in Gregson.  He should have had the guts to do the right thing.

For me, the last bit in London and the scene that preceded it on their own were fine scenes but attached to this episode they felt out of place.  Five minutes of heartfelt exchanges and cute reveals do not make up for the mess of 40+ minutes that was this episode.

The only thing for me that made sense was the reveal of why the FBI focused on Joan as the possible killer based on the recording of Michael saying Joan's name.  The rest made so little sense.  I really wish they had gone with someone from Moriarty's syndicate had been the guilty one or even Moriarty herself.  Her reason for doing it was she knows how important Joan is to Sherlock, she would get rid of the threat and possibly consider that justice not concerning herself with the others affected by Michael's crimes.  It would also go to explain how she was able to find Michael when the FBI could not and cover up the crime.  The fact that Joan was accused was the one thing that was a mistake.  This would then make Sherlock's confession more understandable since he would know that the FBI would never connect it to Moriarty and not give up pursuing Joan as the POI, so he had to take care of it himself.  And we would be spared all the contrived drama with Gregson and Hannah.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, elle said:

For me, the last bit in London and the scene that preceded it on their own were fine scenes but attached to this episode they felt out of place.  Five minutes of heartfelt exchanges and cute reveals do not make up for the mess of 40+ minutes that was this episode.

The only thing for me that made sense was the reveal of why the FBI focused on Joan as the possible killer based on the recording of Michael saying Joan's name.  The rest made so little sense.  I really wish they had gone with someone from Moriarty's syndicate had been the guilty one or even Moriarty herself.  Her reason for doing it was she knows how important Joan is to Sherlock, she would get rid of the threat and possibly consider that justice not concerning herself with the others affected by Michael's crimes.  It would also go to explain how she was able to find Michael when the FBI could not and cover up the crime.  The fact that Joan was accused was the one thing that was a mistake.  This would then make Sherlock's confession more understandable since he would know that the FBI would never connect it to Moriarty and not give up pursuing Joan as the POI, so he had to take care of it himself.  And we would be spared all the contrived drama with Gregson and Hannah.

Maybe that's how they will straighten out the (get them back to NYC) thing. Moriarty will arrainge for Joan/Sherlock's evul framer to somehow confess and clear them both. She would want them in the same Hemisphere.

14 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

The mere fact she threatened Marcus shows her agenda.

Bell will now join the FBI and focus on reassigning her to the Kansas City Field Office... where Mark Hamill / Replicator was assigned after 9/11

9 hours ago, elle said:

The only thing for me that made sense was the reveal of why the FBI focused on Joan as the possible killer based on the recording of Michael saying Joan's name. 

Harrison Ford got convicted for that.....

• Love 3
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah she was so blasé  in the scene with Sherlock, like “sorry Joan might go to prison for murder but I did what I had to do!”

I didn't see it that way. I thought she was more numb than anything else. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

I didn't see it that way. I thought she was more numb than anything else. 

I had thought Hannah was blasé  too but you are probably right, she was just too numb to take it all in.

Edited by Trey
34 minutes ago, Trey said:

I had thought Hannah was blasé  too but you are probably right, she was just too numb to take it all in.

I hope someone has suggested to her that maybe she's not cut out to be a police officer.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, paigow said:

Snerk!

What a great meta moment that would have been if someone had pointed that out to Joan when she was so sure she could beat the circumstantial evidence the FBI had on her.

2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Well, Major Crimes does have an opening for a new consultant ...

Ooo, the possibilities!  I would love to see Joan with Provenza, Sykes, Tao, and the gang.

I agree with those saying it was out of character for Gregson to let Hannah get away with the murder. I know it's his daughter, but how many people did he put away that committed crimes or withheld information to protect their children. Especially when someone else would be put away for the murder and all the more so someone he knew well.

Also agree it was a great series finale and that it will be hard to top now that they've commissioned another season. I'd like to see at least some cases in England and how Sherlock and especially Joan adjust to life there. It would provide for some refreshing material. I felt it was getting old in New York. I was at the point where I was just watching for the dynamics between Sherlock and Joan, with little interest in the cases. Sherlock had lost a lot of his luster, the oddities in how he used to gather material to solve the cases. Maybe he'll get some of that back in new (or old, for him!) surroundings. Then maybe make it back to New York towards the end of the season.

• Love 2

<sends out a BOLO for Clyde>

Really show, where the hell is the poor fellow?

Anyway.....

I liked it, but I'm easy to please.  

Give me a few good Sherlock and Joan scenes and I'm good.  

Like I said, easy to please.  ;-)

I really did enjoy this season and look forward to what the writers have in store for Season 7.  I want them back in NY and the brownstone, eventually, but London for a few episodes would be cool.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, illdoc said:

Do you think he made to move to London???

I hope so. I hate to think of him alone in the big, bad city.

Or him waking up from a long sleep, only to find he's been abandoned. 

On the other hand, he might be happy to have the brownstone all to himself and a little peace and quiet, for a change.

The writers really could have thrown in a line about his whereabouts. They have to know that a lot of people worry about him.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

Marcus is going to the Marshals service and Gregson will resign as he's not the type to carry around the guilt that his daughter left him with.

The writer tweeted during the ep and said that both Bell and Gregson would be back next season (and they are already filming).

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Mama No Life said:

The writer tweeted during the ep and said that both Bell and Gregson would be back next season (and they are already filming).

Since I don't tweet I missed that. I guess the writers have some way to get Sherlock and Holmes back to NY and I hope it's plausible.

23 minutes ago, lb60 said:

On the other hand, he might be happy to have the brownstone all to himself and a little peace and quiet, for a change.

Well the bees probably stayed.  Sherlock probably entrusted them to another apiarist.  But if not, I picture the Brownstone becoming one giant, buzzing hive.

I'm sure Joan brought Clyde along.  He probably had his own seat on the airplane.  I'm sure the flight attendant was happy to bring him some lettuce, or a strawberry.

9 hours ago, paigow said:

Surely Moriarty has a one-armed man that can take the fall.

• Love 4