Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S07.E06: Emeralds Aren't Forever

The Shahs ring in Nowruz with food, fun and plenty of drama; Mike chooses not to invite his girlfriend to the festivities; Reza tries to tell Adam about his costly investment; GG attempts to take the next steps in her divorce proceedings.

Airs September 13, 2018.

Does Reza still sell real estate?  When the show was on the first year or so, they showed him working, showing properties, etc.  I just don’t know where his money is coming from?

• Like 3

Morgan has some intense eyebrows... and I can’t help it; I find Nema super cute. 

I’m loving this episode overall. Food, culture, food, real relationships, food... 

1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm lacking in knowledge of gemstones so please someone enlighten me......how does an emerald break so easily?

Per Wikipedia:

Emerald is a precious gemstone and a variety of the mineral beryl (Be3Al2(SiO3)6) colored green by trace amounts of chromium and sometimes vanadium. Beryl has a hardness of 7.5–8 on the Mohs scale. Most emeralds are highly included, so their toughness(resistance to breakage) is classified as generally poor.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Morgan has some intense eyebrows... and I can’t help it; I find Nema super cute. 

I’m loving this episode overall. Food, culture, food, real relationships, food... 

Per Wikipedia:

Thanks IvyGirl. I'll have to remember that the next time someone gifts me with emaralds! Like NEVER! LOL

• Like 3

Bravo, Thank You for the gem that this episode is.

It was wonderful learning about the traditions, the food as always was amazing and it was nice to see the genuine love and friendship between all of them.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, mbaywife123 said:

It was wonderful learning about the traditions, the food as always was amazing and it was nice to see the genuine love and friendship between all of them.

Yes!!! To all of the above comment!! Great episode. And the food...I just ate and if I had that food in front of me right now I would eat again! Then I could borrow an outfit from MJ. Lol. But I do like my bodacious MJ!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

The undropped, uncracked gem! LOL

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

and I can’t help it; I find Nema super cute. 

I do, too. His story is compelling, too. He feels like a let down to his dad and Mike feels like a let down to his mommy. Reza and his dad, MJ and Vida. All of the Shah's have interesting relationships with their parents. I wonder if this is a cultural thing. 

Mike's girlfriend is a dud. No personality at all. Perfect for him. 

Apparently Adam doesn't give a crap what Reza does as long as the end result is twins. I just don't get those two. 

• Like 14

Wow, Reza does NOT want these babies. Spending 500k without consulting Adam, not to mention the 17K (?) emerald, was all about trying to push Adam to ditch him or fight with him. Either of those things would have suited Reza, I think, because then he could turn around and say 'we're obviously not ready to have a kid yet'. I think Adam is  playing him really well at this point, after going through the humiliation of having the wedding called off, I think he recognises the signs of Reza getting cold feet about commitment. I think Adam was really cool and calm, and it payed off, although I bet Reza will drag his feet with the construction like Valley Vista on Flipping Out. 

Mike turns my stomach. He's LYING about his girlfriend. He's absolutely hideous around women. The way his physical presence changes and that paternalistic look he gets on his face when he's shepherding her around and telling the group why she will not be coming to his family for dinner. 'My mother is a LION'. yeah, right, bullshit Mike. I wish these guys would call him on this crap, he gets away with it all the time. How humiliating for Morgan. I dont know what he's lying about, but after watching him throught the seasons with Jessica, I can tell from his gestures and attitude when he's obfuscating or being shady. He thinks he's such a smooth operator. He's not. He's pathetic. I'm sure his mother would welcome any of her sons bringing the person they are spending time with to this new year celebration. Mike acts like he's the scion of some great dynasty and the fate of the bloodline rests on his choosing an appropriate wife. Such BS. He skeeves me out. and all that emphasis he was putting on washing away all the bad energy from the last year, makes me think that he's making YET ANOTHER resolution to himself to stop cheating on his partner and hitting the clubs for hookups. I'd put money on it. His mother has probably met him out with a different girl and now he's terrified of her meeting Morgan. That's how he was acting to me. 

• Like 15

And Destiney: why are we seeing 'Ali - Destiney's friend' twice in this episode, when we were sold a whole story the last 2 episodes about Destiney looking for love and the Iraqi guy failing to show and getting read by MJ over the phone. Who is Ali? Cos he looked more like a boyfriend than a friend. And he was invited to all the Persian New Year stuff with the family, unlike Morgan. I'm glad Destiney was horrified by Mike's exclusion of Morgan. But then again, Morgan is likely just Mike's girlfriend for the season. Hope it doesn't go the way of TRav and Ashley and Mike keeps his phone and computer LOCKED..!

• Like 2

Nema & trying to make something "Persian parent judgement-free"...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[breath]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

<wipes eyes>

No such thing. (She said with affection)

• Like 7

I don't know why there's this weird narrative of Adam being this sad sack country bumpkin who is lucky that Reza decided to take pity on him when they married. Adam was a model. He went to college in southern California. He has a good job as part of the editing department on Ryan Murphy's productions. Reza is such a selfish ass. If he doesn't want to have kids, he pretty much needs to say that to Adam. Instead he equivocates and spends tons of money on stupid shit (like half a dozen Cartier Love bracelets) and then claims poverty. Seriously, he's wearing $40K in Cartier jewelry on one arm.

Mike is 15 years older than Morgan and she's still too mature for him. Mike didn't include Morgan in the Nowruz celebration because he knows he's going to fuck up that relationship somehow. It's better to not get his mom's hopes up.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Mike's girlfriend is a dud. No personality at all. Perfect for him. 

Ha! I couldn't have said it better myself. I have never found Mike at all attractive. But he certainly does. As they panned around Mike's family's table, I couldn't help it. I find all of them a little hard to digest.

Also, I do not feel sorry for Morgan. Like Mike, she is all about appearances, and she is allowing that ass to treat her the way that he does. Her fault. If she had substance or a backbone, she would drop him in an instant. They deserve each other.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know why there's this weird narrative of Adam being this sad sack country bumpkin who is lucky that Reza decided to take pity on him when they married. Adam was a model. He went to college in southern California. He has a good job as part of the editing department on Ryan Murphy's productions. Reza is such a selfish ass.

This is how Reza wants to portray Adam. Reza had the nerve to say in this episode that Adam has a job but he make so much more money than Adam does. He was demeaning Adam's career. What bugs me about Adam is that he puts up with Reza's crap! He didn't seem all that upset or surprised that Reza put half a million in to this hair business. When Reza solution for the baby making was to finish the house reno, then take out a second mortgage on it to pay for the surrogacy Adam was all "oh, ok". I don't think Reza has any intention of doing that, he's just biding more time. Adam can't see that Reza is playing games so he comes off looking like a sad sack country bumpkin that doesn't have a clue. Get a clue, Adam! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, queenjen said:

And Destiney: why are we seeing 'Ali - Destiney's friend' twice in this episode, when we were sold a whole story the last 2 episodes about Destiney looking for love and the Iraqi guy failing to show and getting read by MJ over the phone. Who is Ali? Cos he looked more like a boyfriend than a friend. And he was invited to all the Persian New Year stuff with the family, unlike Morgan.

I wasn't paying close attention so my apologies If I'm wrong about this, but I thought Ali ended up being the gay Amu Nowruz which would explain things. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Reza is an ass.

I love this ^^^^^ so much I almost want to get a framed wall plaque with those exact words!!

I think I love you Emmeline! Lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I wasn't paying close attention so my apologies If I'm wrong about this, but I thought Ali ended up being the gay Amu Nowruz which would explain things. 

Yeah, that's what I thought too.  

• Like 1

@bichonblitz I don't know why Adam lets Reza denigrate and diminish his work and career choices. Adam works with a top tier writer/director/producer. Ryan Murphy reliably has at least one of his shows nominated for an Emmy every single year for the last 5 or 6 years. The reason Reza knows Ryan Murphy is through Adam. Kristen Chenoweth? Through Adam. Lea Michelle? Through Adam. Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Darren Criss, Brad Falchuk, Cheyenne Jackson? All through Adam. If Reza is still trying to sell real estate, he should probably not shit all over the career choices that his husband made to bring these movie stars and potential clients into his orbit. Most Bravolebrities are such starfuckers that they'd be fellating Adam if they knew he could reliably get them in touch with actual celebrities, but not Reza. Reza can keep his sketchy on the street shampoo deals.

• Like 10

Reza is a tool, why on earth would you store ANYTHING in a house under construction that really isn't secure ? If you are so "wealthy" you should have rented a secure storage unit...  Morgan rubs me the wrong way, she comes across as this 25 year old know it all, and her forehead is the size of Kansas

• Like 9

@HunterHunted  I agree with you and I do know who Ryan Murphy is. Maybe deep down Reza is an insecure person and tries to compensate with his gold jewelry, fancy watches and flashy clothes and having to prove a point on camera that he earns more $$ than Adam, then humiliating Adam by asking him on camera if he had the $160,000 saved up for the surrogacy, waiting for Adam to sheepishly say that he didn't.  It's cruel and this is why I get mad at Adam for putting up with this pompous assahola. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 8

I found that emerald to be an odd color -- I always thought they were a deeper green than that.  It almost looked like the color of green jade to me.  And really - what did he drop it on that would cause it to break?  

2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Reza is a tool, why on earth would you store ANYTHING in a house under construction that really isn't secure ? If you are so "wealthy" you should have rented a secure storage unit...  Morgan rubs me the wrong way, she comes across as this 25 year old know it all, and her forehead is the size of Kansas

I thought the same thing.  If nothing else, why is there no camera or security system in place?  

5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Yeah GG definitely said that Ali was gay.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

I found that emerald to be an odd color -- I always thought they were a deeper green than that.  It almost looked like the color of green jade to me.  And really - what did he drop it on that would cause it to break?  

I thought the same thing.  If nothing else, why is there no camera or security system in place?  

There may have not been infrastructure in place for a security system.  I can't remember, but it seems like they stripped it down to the studs for the remodel.  Reza should have just had the movers put his crap in storage when they moved it out of the old house, but he probably used Mike's janky ass moving company.

LAPD told me that any kind of construction materials are like a sign saying "please rob me," and not to leave anything in the house while renovating if possible.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Hahaahaha! I love that! 

34 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

, but he probably used Mike's janky ass moving company.

Mike OWNS that moving truck (company) that he crashed into a parked car?!?! He truly has nothing going on in his brain. If his penis was his brain, and his brain was his penis....he might be able to make a decent living for himself.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@bichonblitz I don't know why Adam lets Reza denigrate and diminish his work and career choices. Adam works with a top tier writer/director/producer. Ryan Murphy reliably has at least one of his shows nominated for an Emmy every single year for the last 5 or 6 years. The reason Reza knows Ryan Murphy is through Adam. Kristen Chenoweth? Through Adam. Lea Michelle? Through Adam. Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Darren Criss, Brad Falchuk, Cheyenne Jackson? All through Adam. If Reza is still trying to sell real estate, he should probably not shit all over the career choices that his husband made to bring these movie stars and potential clients into his orbit. Most Bravolebrities are such starfuckers that they'd be fellating Adam if they knew he could reliably get them in touch with actual celebrities, but not Reza. Reza can keep his sketchy on the street shampoo deals.

Everything you said is so true. I had no idea of the accomplishments Adam has made in his career. Why is all of this never mentioned on the show? Fuck you Reza. You'll end up with what you deserve and it won't be Adam. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Hahaahaha! I love that! 

Mike OWNS that moving truck (company) that he crashed into a parked car?!?! He truly has nothing going on in his brain. If his penis was his brain, and his brain was his penis....he might be able to make a decent living for himself.

I don't know about real life, but him buying a moving company was a story line back when he was getting divorced.  Either they moved him or he helped someone else move, but it was shown and talked about.  I don't know for a fact that it is janky, that's just an assumption.  I also don't know if he owned that truck, but it would make sense that he did.  

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, chenoa333 said:

I'm lacking in knowledge of gemstones so please someone enlighten me......how does an emerald break so easily?

I am thinking that there might have been an inclusion in the stone (like a carbon splinter) and it just hit in the right spot?

• Like 2

You can actually glue stones back together. You wash the pieces in acetone and use an epoxy on the pieces. You can also recut the stone, but I suspect that Reza doesn't want to do that.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 8:37 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

her forehead is the size of Kansas

Heyyyyyy...Don't be dragging my home state into this gross comparison.

• Like 5

My Persian ass loves the Nowruz episodes. My mom doesn't even bother with goldfish though anymore for the table setting - she has fake goldfish now! We can never keep them alive for even 2 weeks. One year when I was in college and came back to celebrate with my parents, I brought my cat home too and yeah... the goldfish didn't even make it to Nowruz! She's not even much of a jumper, but made it to the really high fireplace mantle where we put the fishies.

LOLed at Destiney's quip about Persians & Persian restaurants. There's 2 fully Persian restaurants in my city (although there's plenty of Mediterranean/Greek/Turkish restaurants with Persian owners) - one is a lot more Americanized and it's where we take friends who feel comfortable with the usual kebabs and whatnot (I try to get them to also at least order 'doogh' as well), and then there's the hole in the wall we go with other Persians where the owners are like family (my mom orders lots of lavash from them every couple weeks), and we don't even look at the menu - they just bring us off-menu dishes that are more like the Persian home-cookin' I'm used to. When you find a place that makes tart juicy dolmeh and fesenjoon with meatballs like your mom does, you stick with it!! And if you find a place that makes abgoosht the way you're used to - yay!! 

• Like 11

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:27 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Reza is a dick.

Reza and Adam are little bitches.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:45 AM, HunterHunted said:

I don't know why there's this weird narrative of Adam being this sad sack country bumpkin who is lucky that Reza decided to take pity on him when they married. Adam was a model. He went to college in southern California. He has a good job as part of the editing department on Ryan Murphy's productions.

Wow, I ever knew that before now! I figured Reza was lording over Adam that he was the one making money, now I wonder if we're really seeing Reza's resentment of Adam's success. One thing fer sure, Reza has no intention of having children and is doing everything he can to stall stall stall.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if Rena Nd Adam really want to have children, or is this just their storyline for the year.

It could very well just be a storyline, but I get the feeling Adam would like children. Reza, not so much. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if Rena Nd Adam really want to have children, or is this just their storyline for the year.

It was also the story last year. I do think Adam wants children, I actually think Reza wants children in theory he is just sabotaging it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was also the story last year. I do think Adam wants children, I actually think Reza wants children in theory he is just sabotaging it.

Reza's theoretical children make him happy, but his actual jewelry and gold make him happier.

• Like 7

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Emeralds are my favorite stone. I almost fainted when I saw the size of that one. They can vary in color & they are very delicate. I have 2 smallish rings & then at the Tucson gem show one year, I got a 2.67 carat stone :)  I had it set into a pendant rather than ring bc of the softness (& my tendency to smack my hands & jewelry into things).

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, AntAnn said:

It could very well just be a storyline, but I get the feeling Adam would like children. Reza, not so much. 

I suspect having children would interfere with his lifestyle. He still fools around with other guys, right?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I suspect having children would interfere with his lifestyle. He still fools around with other guys, right?

I definitely get the sense that Reza is allowed to fuck around as long as he keeps it discrete and not embarrass Adam.

• Like 2