Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E33: Nominations #11

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

And then we had to be subjected to other former houseguests I can’t stand. (Looking at you, bitchy Britney. HATE her!)

Oh, me too.  She's in my top 5 of HGs I hate with the intensity of a thousand burning suns.  That's why I like Rachel Reilly, as annoying as she may be.  Britney was such a bitch to her. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

So was the guy in season 16 Cody or Corey? I was thinking of him. Paulie's brother.

Actually Paulie should have been there. He could have talked about butterflies.

Paulie was Cody’s brother. Corey and Paulie looked similar, so I can see why you could get them confused, lol!

27 minutes ago, Realityrocks said:

It may not be the popular opinion, but I like Paul. At least he played to win, not that he won, but he tried. 

Not just you. I thought he was entertaining for the most part. I actually found him the least odious out of all the assholes in the house last season.

• Love 5

The reason they had all that filler time to waste on Nicole and Victor's engagement is that Kaycee said who she was nominating in the first five minutes of the show. I mean, she had another option (JC) that she could've considered (JC) but quickly dismissed (JC) because "he's been working with Level 6?" And this whole "Sam voted against the house?" You mean when Level 6 had the votes to do exactly what they wanted every single week?

Why. Doesn't. JC. Even. Merit. Consideration. As. A. Nominee?

I like Kaycee as a person more and more, but man, I wish Brett had won this HoH. Then they wouldn't have had to kill 15 minutes on former houseguests getting engaged. Or Angela's smell-o-vision. Or Yet Another Cute and Quirky JC Segment.

• Love 11

The show went to great lengths to show that Sam was given a head's up by both Brett and Kaycee that she was likely to nominated as the pawn.   Based on her expression during Kaycee's speech, I don't think she expected Kaycee to give a specific reason for nominating her besides needing someone to put up against Haleigh.  She seemed shocked when K said the bit about Sam voting against the house twice.  If I were Kaycee, I'd sleep with one eye open.

I think Sam would have preferred her to say "Haleigh is a horrible human being who puts two pieces of fruit in tupperware containers and toys with the hearts of sweet naive boys like Fessy and Scottie so you must vote her out if you have any sense of decency.  Sam, everyone in the house loves you and would never vote you out, so I have no choice but to put you up against this sorry excuse for a human being."

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Oh, me too.  She's in my top 5 of HGs I hate with the intensity of a thousand burning suns.  That's why I like Rachel Reilly, as annoying as she may be.  Britney was such a bitch to her. 

She was a bitch in general. I never found any of her DRs snarky or funny. She was just mean from day one for no reason.

8 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I was going with exes and Marlena and Jody are still together.

Last I heard, Mark and Elena broke up. I think it was pretty recent.

8 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Looks like they have The Hunt for Red October happening on Hawaii 5-0.

??? I don’t understand this comment at all. Are you talking about Big Brother or did I miss something?

• Love 3

Good Lord, talk about filler. 

Look, I have nothing against Victor and Nicole (I didn't even know they were a thing), but doesn't it kind of cheapen your proposal when you make such a production?

I was just...bored. 

But I was actually somewhat interested in Angela's gymnast story and learning how that shaped her as a person. Also, her smells descriptions was sort of funny. JC is "a very moist individual."

Haleigh can save her tears. You can't put someone on the block and then start vowing that you have their back because YOURS is about to be up against a wall. Well, I mean....you CAN. But it won't work. 

And, Sam. Simma, girl. Simma.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, leocadia said:

The show went to great lengths to show that Sam was given a head's up by both Brett and Kaycee that she was likely to nominated as the pawn.   Based on her expression during Kaycee's speech, I don't think she expected Kaycee to give a specific reason for nominating her besides needing someone to put up against Haleigh.  She seemed shocked when K said the bit about Sam voting against the house twice.  If I were Kaycee, I'd sleep with one eye open.

I think Sam would have preferred her to say "Haleigh is a horrible human being who puts two pieces of fruit in tupperware containers and toys with the hearts of sweet naive boys like Fessy and Scottie so you must vote her out if you have any sense of decency.  Sam, everyone in the house loves you and would never vote you out, so I have no choice but to put you up against this sorry excuse for a human being."

What WAS that about the fruit in the Tupperware??? And equating it to a "booby trap"??? She's nutso.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Why. Doesn't. JC. Even. Merit. Consideration. As. A. Nominee?

I don't fricking know!  If he makes it to F2 I may say to give to him just to piss everyone else off for doing nothing.

15 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:
27 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Looks like they have The Hunt for Red October happening on Hawaii 5-0.

??? I don’t understand this comment at all. Are you talking about Big Brother or did I miss something?

It's a running joke that BB plays commercials for Hawaii 5-0 every 3 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:
56 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Wow, Sam. That last DR...OMG. I hope she does go this week and things get crazy.

Me too. It could be epic.

Missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2

With this keyBOARD I nominate you Sunday September 9, 2018 as the WORST episode of the season.

I thought it couldn't get any more surreal when I was watching BB Houseguests on TV who were watching a former houseguest on their own TV and then the parade of stooges and producer "faves" kicked off and I finally just fast forwarded when Danielle started talking (are you kidding me? If you ar dipping that far back go for broke and bring back Jun!) right to the end of the episode. Victor? I barely remember him and you devote half the show to his proposal? And how stupid is he to completely alter the look his bride to be fell in love with? Hey let's marry a stranger! Cure for insomnia Derrick looks like he needs to hold off on the pies before they have to roll him to Break the next Homicide. I won't even say the bearded ones name because he is beneath contempt.

Even before the "Grodner Fave Fest" the show was already on the rails due to the inherent problem that the show can never overcome. When the interesting people like Kaitlyn and Bayleigh leave early by this point the producers face the impossible task of making a thoroughly uninteresting person like Kaycee seem interesting...it aint working or we get such golden goodness as The Smell Dector with Abs and a boundry crossing yo yo playing with a hulu hoop. This isn't the dregs folks....its whatever is below the dregs.

The ONLY redeeming thing to the episode was Sam making me feel sorry for her when she sat there, shoulders slumped after the noms and I cheered for her to bring the house down around her come Thursday because if she survives the first eviction there is no question she goes out in the second one. And at long last, she will realize Tyler didn't really have her back.

• Love 12

Victor looks 10 years younger with the haircut and shave. 

Nicole still makes me stick cotton in my ears.

That was the most hideous engagement ring ever. Did she call it cute?

Josh is just as obnoxious as ever.

Glad to hear that Derek smells good because he doesn't look like he does.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

It's a running joke that BB plays commercials for Hawaii 5-0 every 3 minutes

Oh. I guess that makes sense to some people but, depending on where you live, you get different commercials. 

(Is there a “Live Chat” thread somewhere for those who like to post during the show?  If not, is creating one an option? Just asking because when you come here to post after the episode is over, you often end up reading a bunch of chat posts that don’t really have any context to them.  It can be frustrating at times.) 

I think Sam is all talk. I mean, I’d love to see her go batshit crazy if she’s eliminated and burn the place down but I just don’t see it happening.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

It is running late in some areas, including the Tampa market where I live.

~~~~~~~Wavin' at ya from Sarasota.

So glad I was spoiled and skipped this one.  I just couldn't see losing an hour of my life watching people I didn't like the first time around.  I would like to hear more about Sam's DR if anybody feels like sharing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

As someone who always found Nicole incredibly annoying, I could have done without that entire segment which went on way too long.  Did they really need to show us clips of her and Victor “falling in love” in the Big Brother house? We all know Nicole spent the entire summer hooking up with Corey. And then we had to be subjected to other former houseguests I can’t stand. (Looking at you, bitchy Britney. HATE her!) This was the worst filler ever! 

Were we supposed to feel sorry for Angela during the gymnastics segment? Ok....sorry your mom busted her ass so you could compete? That’s...rough? Sending you thoughts and prayers?

This entire episode was annoying.

Good lord.  Once again you said everything I meant before I got it all typed out.

I certainly hope Angela had that conversation with her parents before she blurted out on national television that they ruined her life by making her do something she was good at.  

If this episode was supposed to make me feel sorry for Angela or Haleigh it FAILED.  Haleigh whinging about her situation might be sad if she didn’t cause it herself.  She could have just kept her mouth shut about the hacker and let Bayleigh go and things would have been very different.

I will not feel badly for this - I love Victor SO MUCH.  Love love love him.  His choice of life partner?  Eh.

Also, I could go my entire life with never seeing Brittney, Daniele, Derrick or Josh again.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

What is this? The Bachelor?

Well, Big Brother does have a better success rate.

1 hour ago, Thalia said:

PAUL?  Ugh.  At least Josh is there too, so I can remember the way he won the vote.  Against Paul.  I hope Paul remembers it too. 

SHUT UP, PAUL. I wanted someone to cut him off and tell him that by a vote of 3-2 they decided Josh would be the better person for a toast.

1 hour ago, katifantastico said:

I would actually be up for a season full of ex-showmance partners, just for the awkward factor. That could be entertaining. 

I would watch that. 

Fairly boring episode except that Kaycee's letter/HOH room segment was adorable. Nicole is still very Nicole.

The entire engagement was a bit awkward. From the: whose at the door? Is it your family? Nope a bunch of old contestants. To the let's meet a bunch of people in sweats so they can awkwardly congratulate you. That proposal was less than smooth. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I would like to hear more about Sam's DR if anybody feels like sharing.

I already deleted it, so hopefully someone else will be able to provide a word-for-word translation, but basically she said that if she goes home on Thursday and looks stupid on national tv, she's going to tear the place apart on her way out.  It was the complete opposite of her reaction when Brett told her she might be going on the block.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I would like to hear more about Sam's DR if anybody feels like sharing.

"It just doesn't seem real.  But Kaycee promised me that everything would be OK.  If this is all a lie and at the end of it I'm standing there looking like a dumb ass...I will tear every door off its *bleep* hinges on my way out of the mother *bleep* and I will absolutely rip these bitches to shreds. I mean lose my mind.  And I swear on everything that's holy they will regret it."  

-Sam

• Love 11

Hmm, Tyler seemed a bit subdued to me in his DR after the HOH room reveal. Was that the face of someone realizing they might not have this thing in the bag?

Victor has developed a bit of a pie face. Still hot though.

Paul just had to find another way to get back into the BB house. Ugh.

Oh Haleigh, no. Have some self-respect.

Oh Sam, no. Wait, on second thought, yeah you go ahead and go Hulk Smash! on the place if you get evicted. We could use the entertainment after tonight's snore-fest.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Oh. I guess that makes sense to some people but, depending on where you live, you get different commercials. 

I did not know that.  I guess on the east coast it's all Hawaii 5-0 all the time.

10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Derrick looks like he needs to hold off on the pies before they have to roll him to Break the next Homicide.

Looks like he's not on the road but at a desk.

9 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Thank you!

Angela and parents pushing her sport - I hate when parents do that.  They should offer it but very casually.  Want to make your kids hate something?  Force them.

When Victor said he had friends outside I thought he meant at least her parents and even his.  That would have made more sense.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 2

I do feel sorry for Angela. I know too many parents who are willing to take away their kids childhood for the hope of a future scholarship. From a very young age they are denied play dates, parties, sleeping in once in awhile and even social things like being able to know the latest music and TV shows. 

Angela felt this affected her relationship with her brother and her father and none of it was her choice.

• Love 18

My brother-in-law used to have that super sense of being able to smell things, even if they were in another room. I'm glad I didn't have that, I think it would be very annoying to have to live with it !

I must be really getting old, because I barely remember Victor-- in fact, if they had just put his picture up, I'm not sure I could have said who it was ! This show & the players tend to slip right out of my mind after the season is done, unless the person really stood out & that's usually in a bad way ( Paul, Frankie... you know, the annoying ones.) After seeing Victor, I'm starting to remember a little, but I really have no recall of he & Nicole hanging out all the time. Did that really happen ?

They must not have 20 good minutes of house footage right now if they are spending half the ep on "The Proposal" !  Sad !

Edited by willco
spelling
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

"It just doesn't seem real.  But Kaycee promised me that everything would be OK.  If this is all a lie and at the end of it I'm standing there looking like a dumb ass...I will tear every door off its *bleep* hinges on my way out of the mother *bleep* and I will absolutely rip these bitches to shreds. I mean lose my mind.  And I swear on everything that's holy they will regret it."  

-Sam

Thanks. And thanks to HartofDixie for the Twitter clip. 

She is really a candidate for  America's   Sweetheart  Favorite, isn't she?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Look, I have nothing against Victor and Nicole (I didn't even know they were a thing), but doesn't it kind of cheapen your proposal when you make such a production?

I was just...bored. 

YEs, it cheapens a proposal to do it in such a public arena, because the person being proposed to is less likely to say no, for fear of looking like a jerk.  They're more likely to accept the proposal, and let the person down later.  Which is my guess as to what will happen with these two. 

Nicole's "OH MY GOSH!!" was cute once, but after 12-15 times, I wanted to stomp a mudhole in her.   Someone tell me how a person with such an annoying voice, not only wins Big Brother, but also has TWO showmances  and then gets engaged to another BB person?    And, if they're going to tell the story of how they met on BB, why are they telling it like it was love at first sight?  Nicole never even looked at Victor when she was on BB with him, she only had eyes for Corey.  ( I can still hear her nasal voice saying his name) 

• Love 13

I didn’t think Sam could be any more disturbing than when she talked about making people swallow their own teeth, and stomping a mud hole into someone’s chest, but I was wrong.  It was chilling to hear her describe the HULKSMASH VENGEANCE she will unleash on the entire house if she gets voted out/looks like a dumbass, but at the same time I sort of want to see what that looks like.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, backformore said:

but after 12-15 times, I wanted to stomp a mudhole in her.

"That was... terrifying."

48 minutes ago, Irritable said:

I didn’t think Sam could be any more disturbing than when she talked about making people swallow their own teeth, and stomping a mud hole into someone’s chest

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
I wanted to add the second quote and move what I was saying, but it wouldn't let me
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Quite a talent Angela has.  It seems more a curse than a blessing.  idk.

14 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Jake Tapper of CNN has the same thing and he says it is a curse.  The world smells bad and it almost makes him sick.

I have the same thing (old lady calls it my "dog nose"), and it cuts both ways.  On the one hand some people apparently have absolutely zero concept of just how bad their BO is, and just how inadequately cologne covers it; on the other hand, I was able to notice the hot plastic smell coming off an old light switch when it started shorting out, before it could catch anything on fire.  So it kinda balances - although Tapper has a helluva good point.  ;)

Edited by Nashville
InadequateLY, not inadequate.
  • Love 5

Tonight was bad.  Nicole did not look like Nicole and I hardly recognized Victor with his hair cut off!

Haleigh tried hard but kaycee was not hearing it!  I wonder what kaycee will think when she goes up.  And she will go up soon.  Sam's all talk and no show!  She's playing to the home folks.  

• Love 4

I did like Britney's Victor/Jon Snow reference, though.

Still waiting for tonight's episode to show up on Comcast's OnDemand - the local broadcast was running about 18 minutes late, so my DVR only recorded about the first 2/3 of the broadcast.  :(

• Love 1

I have the strong sense of smell curse, too. After seeing that Angela segment I’m going to be more aware now of how often I comment out loud about whether something smells good or bad. I’m afraid it might be A LOT. :/

After Tyler heard Angela’s life/gymnastics/pole vaulting story, he said she’s such an amazing person.  All I really got out of it was that she’s an amazing athlete, which has very little to do with the kind of person she is.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Irritable said:

After Tyler heard Angela’s life/gymnastics/pole vaulting story, he said she’s such an amazing person.  All I really got out of it was that she’s an amazing athlete, which has very little to do with the kind of person she is.

I dunno.... if she went into it with him and expanded the whole "I ruined my family" thing, it might inform why she's like she is. Tyler obviously has gotten through whatever walls she puts up, but he can't be oblivious to how nasty she can be. Since Tyler isn't also nasty (that we can see) all he might need is a reason.

OTOH, that all may be a post hoc rationalization and she's just a jerk. Great athlete tho.

• Love 1

As much as I want to see Sam explode like an illicit moonshine still taking an accidental bullet during an ATF raid, I can't think of a reason for anyone (other than Haleigh) to use the veto on Haleigh. While she would happily jump in on any opportunity to make a move against anyone, you can't run the risk of her getting in front of a jury filled with FOUTTE people and angry Level 6ers. I think Haleigh wins going away against anyone else in the house right now, including Tyler.  Not only does everyone* like her, but if she somehow bobbed and weaved to the end from where she is now, it would be pretty impressive.

Plus she would get to call Julie "pulchritudinous" which would be awesome.

Gotta get her out while you can.

*Okay maybe not Sam, but who is going to follow Sam's banner? Especially after they watched her draw and quarter KC?**

**Sorry, the image of Sam turning BB into a slasher flick will never stop amusing me.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, lizajane said:

Josh is just as obnoxious as ever.

Glad to hear that Derek smells good because he doesn't look like he does.

Josh is the worst winner ever.

With Derek it's not his square head that someone mentioned that I think of, it's the nostrils, it's like I'm looking into them every time I see him, like his nose is turned up so they are open to view.  Nothing to do with my feelings on him and Big Brother though, how someone acts is revelant not how someone looks, I just found him boring.

Was Britney part of a Victor or Nicole season?

The main point of the episode seemed to be to promote Angela, with a bit of KC promotion mixed in.  Nicole is now just made comic fodder.

KC just went through the usual BB lines of 'no blood on hands' 'doing what the house wants', and I think it's clear that Zingbot mentioning the "let's go" catchphrase that just made her want to use it even more.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Realityrocks said:

It may not be the popular opinion, but I like Paul. At least he played to win, not that he won, but he tried.

Actually he played to lose.  You don't bully, humiliate and berate people at a very deeply personal level that you send to the jury if you are playing to win.

10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

At this rate, BB really needs to do a Couples edition. I feel like they have enough married/bf-gfs to fill an entire show.

No, a million times no!  Keep that horrible crap on trashy soap opera shows and not on trashy game shows.  I wouldn't view a single episode of that nightmare.

8 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Thanks for Sam's DR link.  A classic for the ages and the highlight of this episode for sure.  They don't nominate JC because they are afraid of the little troll going totally ballistic and acting out all week long but they thought Sam would be mellow.  Well she might be until that time when she actually does get voted out.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

-Sam

Thanks for this transcript too.  This and NOT NOT NOT stupid, silly, fake showmance crap is why I watch BB.

7 hours ago, backformore said:

YEs, it cheapens a proposal to do it in such a public arena, because the person being proposed to is less likely to say no, for fear of looking like a jerk.  They're more likely to accept the proposal, and let the person down later.  Which is my guess as to what will happen with these two.

This and all such proposals are known in advance by all parties and agreed upon beforehand.  Even shopped to a network to get these famewhore types more seconds on TV.  Whoever the woman was -- I only knew Paul (gag) and Josh in that group -- she was in on the whole thing and probably rehearsed it with whoever he was. 

And please no one tell me about who these two are (were) because I don't really give a damn about all these dime a dozen mactor types.  I forget 90% of them 2 minutes after their season ends and wish I could forget maybe 90% of the remaining 10% I remember like that douche bag Paul.

Edited by green
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Someone tell me how a person with such an annoying voice, not only wins Big Brother, but also has TWO showmances  and then gets engaged to another BB person?    And, if they're going to tell the story of how they met on BB, why are they telling it like it was love at first sight?  Nicole never even looked at Victor when she was on BB with him, she only had eyes for Corey.  ( I can still hear her nasal voice saying his name) 

Yes. It made the entire love-story we were subjected to feel really disingenuous. If you guys met up after the show, cause BB all hang out with each other, and something came of it....fine. But don't act like it was destiny from the minute you locked eyes across the round table; because we all know that's crap. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, lizajane said:

That was the most hideous engagement ring ever. Did she call it cute?

It looked like a child's cocktail ring out of a bubble gum machine. At least from what I could see of it - notice they didn't show it close up or even again. Might be good reason for that.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

I have the same thing (old lady calls it my "dog nose"), and it cuts both ways.  On the one hand some people apparently have absolutely zero concept of just how bad their BO is, and just how inadequate cologne covers it; on the other hand, I was able to notice the hot plastic smell coming off an old light switch when it started shorting out, before it could catch anything on fire.  So it kinda balances - although Tapper has a helluva good point.  ;)

Wow!  That was a great catch.  Glad you all are fine.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

On the one hand some people apparently have absolutely zero concept of just how bad their BO is, and just how inadequate cologne covers it;

Kind of OT, but yesterday at the QuikTrip, I went to get an iced tea and all of a sudden all I could smell was MAJOR BAD B.O. Like some of the worst I've ever smelled. I look up and there is this guy who thinks he is Ted Nugent - sleeves cut off of a button down shirt, braided long gray hair and a cowboy hat. He would have been a good looking guy had he not smelled like he hadn't had a shower in 8 days and 7 nights. OMG...I almost gagged.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

Josh is the worst winner ever.

Not true! His one redeeming moment was taking the win from Paul's grasping hands.  For that alone he is kind of one of my sort of maybe favorites, every fifth Wednesday of the month if it's a full moon.

• Love 13