Type keyword(s) to search

Return to Bravo: Anticipation and Fears

• Start Topic

New season starts this Thursday at 7pm Central. For those asking about Brandon Maxwell, he’s a designer that’s originally from Dallas, TX and he’s influenced by the style of his mom and grandmother. He’s known for dressing Gaga (she wore one of his dresses while singing at the Oscars), but he’s one of the new “it” designers for other stars on the red carpet. I follow his Instagram and he seems like a nice, humble guy. 

• Useful 1

BRAVO was running the first season of PR today, so I left it on and watched. I'd forgotten how much it had changed over the seasons, for one thing, the models being part of the competition also.

I'm looking forward to the new show/hosts. I'll miss Tim, but not Heidi. I have mixed feelings about Nina...I'd prefer Zac, but do like the idea of at least one familiar face on the panel.

Christian is a little young for the mentor roll. Chris March would have been fun.

Off topic...remember the twins? The bald one is in a drug store/breast cancer commercial. I know it's her...

Bravo re-aired the Christian Siriano season this weekend, I guess to let the newbies to the show get to know who he is.  He has always been so talented but he was a baby (age and maturity wise) when he was on the show originally.  I was super excited to see Chris March and Rami again though.  That was a good season.

• Love 7

I caught the ending of season 4 this weekend also.  It's been awhile since I watched a Bravo season and I couldn't believe I had forgotten how fantastic those finale runway shows were.  It's amazing what the designers could produce when given a decent amount of time to actually design fashion, instead of hastily creating a few rags for the Lifetime productions.  

I have high hopes for the return of PR to Bravo.  Here's hoping that we get a return to FASHION.  

Edited by singsong
grammar matters
  • Love 4
On 3/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, Deskisamess said:

Christian is a little young for the mentor roll. Chris March would have been fun.

Christian is a crazy successful designer, though, so I will definitely give him a chance.

Is Chris March okay, though? I loved him but he was seriously injured and I haven't found anything recent about what his health is like now. https://ew.com/tv/2018/07/02/project-runway-chris-march-accident-details-coma-paralyzed/

The song they are using for the promo, the guy sings “Just Watch” (I think) but my brain hears “It’s Swatch” and then I’m disappointed that Swatch is not actually on screen. 🤣 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

The song they are using for the promo, the guy sings “Just Watch” (I think) but my brain hears “It’s Swatch” and then I’m disappointed that Swatch is not actually on screen. 🤣 

I had the same reaction!

• LOL 1

Caught some of the season two rebroadcast last night and was completely stunned when Tim started carving up the shortcomings of one of the models when Nick was in a tailspin that his model had been stolen from him and he was stuck with one he felt doesn't do well on the runway.  Tim jumped right in, pulled out a knife and began slashing away.  The part I found shocking was much of it was actual physical characteristics she can't really change much.  No problem with citing her for a poor walk, that's part of the job.  Yes, her looks are absolutely part of her job, but not the type of thing you discuss while wearing a microphone with a camera in your face.  

Tim jumped right in, pulled out a knife and began slashing away.  The part I found shocking was much of it was actual physical characteristics she can't really change much.  No problem with citing her for a poor walk, that's part of the job.  Yes, her looks are absolutely part of her job, but not the type of thing you discuss while wearing a microphone with a camera in your face.  

He apologized later.  

He called her a "marshmallow."  A good workout routine would have solved those flabby thighs and arms.  She had no muscle.

The winners will get a lot more money.  

Camera operators are on speed or they were ordered to linger on interpersonal relationships and ignore the clothes. 

I didn't see anything I'd call new or different from the original template version 2.0 (ignore the models version). 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Camera operators are on speed or they were ordered to linger on interpersonal relationships and ignore the clothes

Ah, but it’s the editor’s and director’s choice to show it that way.