Type keyword(s) to search

Return to Bravo: Anticipation and Fears

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I don't care for the all star seasons as much as the regular season simply because Tim isn't there. His charm is a huge part of the show for me. I'm really bummed.

I've grown to like Zac an awful lot. I appreciated his take on the construction of well made clothes.

Posen took some getting used to, and he could never fill Kors' shoes, but the show could have done much worse (and has, in the spinoffs).

• Love 5

Wow, like rats from a sinking ship.  I can't imagine a reboot without Tim & Heidi is going to be worth watching, not from what I've seen of other shows in the franchise which lacked these two.

• Love 1

I feel like my nightmare scenario would be Ashley Graham as the host, that Zanna (?) chick as mentor, and judges including Real Housewives, Kardashians, Kelly Osbourne, Alyssa Milano, and Bethanny fucking Frankel.  I might just blow up my TV if any of that happens.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 9/13/2018 at 10:08 AM, MelinaBallerina said:

What about bringing in Amy for the Tim Gunn/mentor role?  She's coming from the same/similar background - that of a teacher.

I just came here to say the same thing. Amy had a lot of good commentary during her season about construction and how the different contestants were approaching their projects. She didn't have Tim's warmth, but I think she'd be better than a lot of other people I can think of. (For those who don't remember Amy Bond)

21 minutes ago, Token said:

I feel like my nightmare scenario would be Ashley Graham as the host, that Zanna (?) chick as mentor, and judges including Real Housewives, Kardashians, Kelly Osbourne, Alyssa Milano, and Bethanny fucking Frankel.  I might just blow up my TV if any of that happens.

I really wish you hadn't put that out in the universe...

• Love 7

Okay so who are the new host and mentor?  No need to be cagey, Bravo.  Just spill. 

They way I see it is this new incarnation has to be better than what we have been watching the past 10 years.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

Michael Kors, Heidi  and Nina were good judges, Posen was not.  I appreciate strict, confident and outspoken judging.  Tim is hard to replace, he is a unique, quirky and very nifty man.  The new mentor has to be a standout in a different way and male.   The guest judges are predominantly female so the balance is crucial.   

Carson Kresley would be good a good mentor.  

• Love 4

If they choose people who have some real credibility in the fashion business - as teacher, designer, buyer, editor, stylist or whatever - I think thats half the battle won already for replacing Zac, Tim and possibly Nina. As for Heidi, I would not mind if they went back to season 1, hiring a presenter who is not a judge aswell.

Its a lame example but everybody cried wolf when Bake Off went to another channel and they had to replace 3 out of 4 key personel, the show is as popular as ever.

With regards to the challenges I hope they keep them simple - almost so simple that it doesn't matter whether they have menswear, plus size, sportswear, ball gown designers or a Blondes-fanboy in the group. There are surely ways to da that - I remember the challenge from the earlier seasons where all the got was cotton fabric and no other restrictions.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, PhoneCop said:

1) [prays for Kors to return]

2) [prays for Zanna NOT to return]

Could not agree more.   No mentions of Nina that I have seen.....YET

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

^ x one gazillion.

I'll reserve judgement until I see a few episodes.  Maybe it'll be good. 

Maybe it will be good?   From your mouth (or keyboard) to God's ears!!!!    I long for the old days and rewatch from time to time, even though I know the winner...….

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, ichbin said:

I'm fine with that. Heidi actually adds nothing and Tim lost me irrevocably during Under the Gunn.  Posen was no Kors.  I would love to see Kors return to the show.   

I agree with all but Tim.   Under the Gunn was awful but he is still a great person to be involved in the show for me.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, Lukeysboat said:

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not. Tim is worth millions. 

Original poster   must be joking.   To say Tim is conservative would be putting it mildly, even with his money, I imagine.     I watched a podcast interview or something on line for an hour or more and it was fun and enlightening.  He is a total creature of habit, no surprise there, and very careful with his expenditures.     I think I remember something about regifting?     I find him fascinating.  Also, he was treated rather poorly a couple of times on the show (and other projects they tried for him)  I thought and seemed ready to move on a couple of times.   He surely new a good gig when he had it and took the money and ran with it....I don't have a problem with that at all.   He earned it.   He and Zac Posen are bitter enemies I think.    I hope the new one is fun.  Willing to give it a chance.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, mwell345 said:

Seriouly, my biggest fear is Bethenny Frankel replacing Heidi.  It may be far fetched but I can see it.  She has a clothing line now and Bravo seems to love her so-called wit. They have already put her on a real estate show with Frederik (bomb that it was) and she's also done Shark Tank  a couple of times. What's to stop them?

Please…...don't give them any ideas.    I used to enjoy Bethany but she is hard to swallow the last couple of years.   She has everything she could want financially, and a lovely daughter, but she will never be happy.  Kind of sad actually.  She was on national news tonight for her charity work for flood victims.   She does have great contacts and I admire her for the work done in Puerto Rico, too, but have trouble believing she is all that altruistic.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, Token said:

If ALL of the above show up in any form, I may have to bury my TV in the backyard, never to be seen again.      Yikes!!!!

• Love 2
On 9/9/2018 at 7:21 AM, mwell345 said:

Seriouly, my biggest fear is Bethenny Frankel replacing Heidi.  It may be far fetched but I can see it.  She has a clothing line now and Bravo seems to love her so-called wit. They have already put her on a real estate show with Frederik (bomb that it was) and she's also done Shark Tank  a couple of times. What's to stop them?

carole-call-bullshit-on-that-rhony.gif?w

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/09/2018 at 8:02 AM, Lamb18 said:

For mentoring, I could see former contestants season #2 Nick and/or season #3 Laura Bennett doing it. 

Oh, I'd love either (Uncle) Nick or Laura.  (I can't NOT call him Uncle Nick)

They really could do a show with some of the many, many former season contestants.  Christian Siriano is probably too busy, but he'd be a great Zac replacement.  Or what's his face...ummm...Daniel V.!    Rami, Chris March (if he gets healthy again), Dmitry - I'd love for any of them to be involved somehow.

• Love 3
On 9/19/2018 at 6:22 PM, oceanview said:

Original poster   must be joking.   To say Tim is conservative would be putting it mildly, even with his money, I imagine.     I watched a podcast interview or something on line for an hour or more and it was fun and enlightening.  He is a total creature of habit, no surprise there, and very careful with his expenditures.     I think I remember something about regifting?     I find him fascinating.  Also, he was treated rather poorly a couple of times on the show (and other projects they tried for him)  I thought and seemed ready to move on a couple of times.   He surely new a good gig when he had it and took the money and ran with it....I don't have a problem with that at all.   He earned it.   He and Zac Posen are bitter enemies I think.    I hope the new one is fun.  Willing to give it a chance.

I found that podcast fascinating.  Tim is quirky (understatement).  When he is given a gift he doesn't/cannot open it.  One time he left an unwrapped gift on top of his refrigerator and weeks later he noticed it was oozing and smelled bad, it was food! 

He hates Nina and Zac.  He mentioned Nina talking to everyone having come back from a weekend in Long Island complaining about not being to get a table (at a restaurant).  He said I HATE that. 

He has the same routine everyday.  He gets up, makes and drinks his coffee then goes back to make his bed to shower and dress.  He has an evening/dinner routine too.  I have forgotten that one.  There is a link to that in a thread last season probably in his thread.  It is worth finding it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This new incarnation may bear little resemblance to the old.  New host and new judges is my guess.  I would love Christian Siriano to judge.  They need a seasoned TV host to take over, hosts are the glue.    

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Wings said:

I found that podcast fascinating.  Tim is quirky (understatement).  When he is given a gift he doesn't/cannot open it.  One time he left an unwrapped gift on top of his refrigerator and weeks later he noticed it was oozing and smelled bad, it was food! 

He hates Nina and Zac.  He mentioned Nina talking to everyone having come back from a weekend in Long Island complaining about not being to get a table (at a restaurant).  He said I HATE that. 

He has the same routine everyday.  He gets up, makes and drinks his coffee then goes back to make his bed to shower and dress.  He has an evening/dinner routine too.  I have forgotten that one.  There is a link to that in a thread last season probably in his thread.  It is worth finding it.  

The podcast is Really Famous, hosted by Kara Mayer Robinson. Most of her interviews are good, but Tim’s is a standout. 

• Love 4
On 9/19/2018 at 9:40 PM, Haberdasher said:

Joe Zee is the only person I can think of who I'd want to replace Tim Gunn, but I don't know how much advice he could give on construction. I'd still love to see him on there in some capacity. 

Joe is currently a judge on the Canadian version of Project Runway, called Stitched (Project Runway Canada ran for about 3 seasons around 10 years ago). I quite like him as a judge on this show, and agree that he would do a fabulous job

• Love 2

When is this supposed to happen?  

Carson Kresley would be a good judge.  

Tim is a hard act to follow.  Whoever comes onboard as a mentor has to stand out in their own way.  None of the women who held this position on All Stars worked.  They have to cast a man, as far as I am concerned.   Tim was a fatherly figure and that worked well. 

It's been well over a month and nothing.  No names floated, no teases. 

Has Bravo lost interest?  

Any whispers as to what either group might be doing?  

A week ago Heidi said the return to Bravo was a factor in her leaving.  And not much more did she divulge.

• Love 1

I'm excited that Christian is involved, but I don't know about him as Tim's replacement.  Hopefully Karlie doesn't share Heidi's obsession with short and sparkly, so we might get some different results from judging.

• Love 4

Those hires are a good sign that Bravoo wants to make it a great show - all 5 have a good background in fashion - and that the will hopefully get equally good guest judges and not just reroute their reality roster.  A good career move for Karlie Kloss (if the show goes back to to what it once was), I just hope that BRAVO gives her some coaching. From what I've seen of her on TV before, she really needs it.

A question: Would the show still be tied to the Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer FW or are the RTW, Pre-Fall or Resort shows also an option? Just asking because I always thought the summer-slot for the show (with the finale at the FW in September) was a bit unfortunate.

Karlie Kloss? Keep it.

Elaine Weltworth? I like her style, but I've never seen her judge, so hopefully she'll be great. 

I'm glad to see Christian Siriano a part of the return, but I'm sort of waffling on him as a potential Tim replacement. On one hand, what an honor for an alum to step into Tim's shoes. On the other hand, he might make more sense as a judge. Elaine would be a good mentor, I think. 

• Love 1

Well, I’ve been disappointed in the judging of the last few seasons. I love Tim Gunn - he rocks. I’m so old and behind the times I had to google the new hosts & judges. I like Christian Soriano, but wish he was a judge, not a mentor.  He seems so young be a mentor (yikes, I’m becoming my parents - or maybe grandparents). All the changes might be a good switch up to really revitalize the show. 

However, I’ve never been a fan of Nina Garcia - she just bugs me for no good rational reason - and she’s the only thing 

piece of continuity from the previous show. 

I really wish I had the really juicy scoop on the drama between project runway (& Heidi Klum)and Bravo. My personal life is boring

I’m 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I like Christian Soriano, but wish he was a judge, not a mentor.  He seems so young be a mentor

I agree with this, but I am not becoming my parents or grandparents so I didn't quote that part. :-D  (and I am fortunate and have great parents, I'm just refusing to say I'm getting older).

• Love 3
15 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I agree with this, but I am not becoming my parents or grandparents so I didn't quote that part. :-D  (and I am fortunate and have great parents, I'm just refusing to say I'm getting older).

It's much less stressful to deny aging, so I am with you on this.  

• Love 2

I think Christian will make an excellent mentor.  I am looking forward to it.  He will be direct and is current in the fashion scene, big time.  Tim, love him, but he is out of touch with current fashion to a fairly large degree.  I remember his short lived show.  He didn't know what back fat was and was shocked to learn that large butts were a positive attribute.  Not saying he wasn't a good mentor, he was.  Just time for a fresh and current approach. 

I like Nina's acerbic judging and definitely some continuity is needed.  

I don't know the others but have high hopes this new incarnation will be better than the seasons on Lifetime. 

• Love 6

I am not surprised that Heidi and Tim are done.  She is doing AGT and must prefer that and will move onto other things, plus she lives in CA and does not want to commute to NYC.  I am assuming it will go back to the east coast.  Tim is just done with all the personalities and petty stuff that go along with this industry.  This is all good with me.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
On 13/10/2018 at 8:38 PM, enoughcats said:

Does this mean for the unusual materials challenge they will go to a butcher shop?

I dunno about that, but lets hope that he's the one to finally give proper advice and feedback on the inevitable avant guarde challenges.

• Love 1

I can't get excited about this.

Karlie - 'meh.' I don't know much about her, so I don't have a feeling one way or another, but she doesn't particularly interest me.

Christian - Love him, but I don't know about him in the mentor role. He's such a personality. I hope the focus is on mentoring and not highlighting how clever, quirky, snarky he can be.

Nina  - Really surprised she stayed. Looking forward to more of her ugly...er, I mean "fashion forward" outfits during judging.

Brandon and Elaine - never heard of them. I hope they are consistent and thoughtful and don't suck or try to make it about themselves by trying too hard to be witty/interesting.

• Love 2

I am fine with all of the newcomers. I like Heidi and Tim, and to a lesser extent, Zac, but I don't really watch for them. I also watch the other iterations of the show (All Stars and Juniors) with different Judges and Mentors, and they are fine for me.  My biggest hope with them going back to Magical Elves and Bravo is that they go back to giving the designers more time. When the show was on Bravo before most challenges were two day challenges. Since the move to Lifetime, most are one day, and I think the quality has suffered greatly because of it.

I also hope the sponsors go back to something more classy. Dixie cups and JCPenney are ok, but they just don't scream high fashion, you know?

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, Ilovepie said:

I also hope the sponsors go back to something more classy. Dixie cups and JCPenney are ok, but they just don't scream high fashion, you know?

Yes! I'd also be happy to get away from the Supercuts hair and makeup salon, and the accessory wall courtesy of Walmart.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Aulty said:

My TV calendar just spat out March 14th as the season premiere for the new Bravo PR season :-)

Thank you for the info! I’ll miss Tim but I’ll give this a chance. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Does anyone know if All Stars is moving to Bravo too? It seems weird to be watching this show on two different networks. Unless they're going to cancel All Stars?

I'd think so. The All Stars season that is being broadcast now has been shot 2 (?) years ago and wasn't shown right away due to the Weinstein scandal because his wife is a judge on PRAS. Whether Bravo will produce an All Stars season and if they are allowed to use Lifetime PS contestants for that is a different matter. If they can get enough people form their original Bravo season together for that, it could be interesting.

Does anyone know if Bravo is aiming for 2 seasons of regular PR per year or just one?

• Love 1