Type keyword(s) to search

Return to Bravo: Anticipation and Fears

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I'm not sad at losing Heidi, but TIM???

I'm glad for Tim to land where he'll have a salary.  As someone close to his age, I've worried for him because his last ten years have, salary wise, probably have been chaotic.  No show= no income.  

Heidi has made an empire for herself and may never have to work again, except she enjoys it.  

This is going to be interesting and I can only hope that the "real" housewives stay in their own part of Bravo.

• Love 5

While I'm totally sad to see Heidi and Tim go, I've started thinking of replacements (plus, I'm waiting for a program to load, and need something to pass the time).  Andre Leon Talley would be fabulous (just because I want to see more of him whenever I can). 

• Love 2

I don't like the idea of a “shoppable experience”, it sounds like the new show is just going to be one big ad for Amazon.

I really hope this doesn't mean that Alyssa Milano & her ridiculous "sense of style" is the new host.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I really do miss Michael Kors.  His next-level bitchiness had it all over Zac Posen's bitchiness.

I liked Kors, I would not be disappointed if Nina didn't return .

• Love 7

With Michael Kors long gone, and now Heidi and Tim leaving for the Amazon show, then this is officially off my viewing list.    I wonder if they'll use the people that they have on All Stars, because if they do then I'm really never even going to try watching.

• Love 1
Just now, Lady J said:

I liked Kors, I would not be disappointed if Nina didn't return .

^ x one gazillion.

Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

With Michael Kors long gone, and now Heidi and Tim leaving for the Amazon show, then this is officially off my viewing list.    I wonder if they'll use the people that they have on All Stars, because if they do then I'm really never even going to try watching.

I'll reserve judgement until I see a few episodes.  Maybe it'll be good. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

So it's really just one large reboot of the series I guess.

I'm fine with that. Heidi actually adds nothing and Tim lost me irrevocably during Under the Gunn.  Posen was no Kors.  I would love to see Kors return to the show.   

• Love 9

I will miss Tim but not Heidi. I often felt that her opinion overrode the other judges. Weren’t Heidi and Tim producers? Maybe Bravo didn’t want to see the power diluted. And maybe they’ll go for someone current - like Ashley Graham - as host.

I won’t miss Zac. Ever since learning that he wanted to accompany Tim to the workroom to mentor as well as judge, I have given him severe side eye, I’d love to see Kors return, but it does seem as if this is a total reboot. 

I’ll give the reboot a try when it finally makes it to air. Maybe they’ll catch lightning in a bottle again. 

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 3
On 9/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, enoughcats said:

glad for Tim to land where he'll have a salary.  As someone close to his age, I've worried for him because his last ten years have, salary wise, probably have been chaotic.  No show= no income.  

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not. Tim is worth millions. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:
On 9/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, enoughcats said:

glad for Tim to land where he'll have a salary.  As someone close to his age, I've worried for him because his last ten years have, salary wise, probably have been chaotic.  No show= no income.  

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not. Tim is worth millions. 

I wasn't joking.

Tim worked in NYC where the cost of living is higher than most of the rest of the planet.   Remember back when he was so pleased, part way into PR, that he could buy an apartment for the first time in his life?  I doubt that PR paid him generously, we know that he did the first year for free.  

Then he left Parsons for a major job with Liz Claiborne and two years later Liz Claiborne announced an exclusive arrangement with J.C. Penny (which to me doesn't sound like top dollar).  Recent searches for what he was doing haven't turned up resume building (and bank account building) jobs. 

I hope this job gives him financial stability until he decides that he can retire comfortably.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

I hope this job gives him financial stability until he decides that he can retire comfortably

I’ve read that his estimated net worth is anywhere from $15 to $17 million. He’s done voice work, commercials, producing, etc. Unless he has frittered away his money, he should be fine. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mwell345 said:

As much as I would love to see Michael Kors again, somehow I can’t envision him sitting next to “this week’s guest judge Melissa Gorga”,  or judging this week’s Skinny Girl challenge. 

Omg, you are so right.  I hadn't thought of that, but you have to know that will happen.  Bravo is an extremely incestuous network.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see a few episodes.  Maybe it'll be good. 

Same.  Project Runway lost its mojo years ago and was in desperate need of a reboot.  

For casting, sometimes people go together.  A popular character is only popular because of another person he/she plays off of.  I don't think that's the case with Tim and Heidi.  They could easily be split up and the show could go on. It's surprising to me they are both leaving.  Heidi should go.  She's dry as dirt and her focus is now on America's Got Talent.  Tim is doing commercials.

Maybe they've both stepped too far into TV and too far out of fashion.  

Anyway, Bravo is going to have to deliver a compelling and high-end show for it to work, and the main host has to be someone FAR above Melissa Milano's fashion pay grade.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Same.  Project Runway lost its mojo years ago and was in desperate need of a reboot.  

For casting, sometimes people go together.  A popular character is only popular because of another person he/she plays off of.  I don't think that's the case with Tim and Heidi.  They could easily be split up and the show could go on. It's surprising to me they are both leaving.  Heidi should go.  She's dry as dirt and her focus is now on America's Got Talent.  Tim is doing commercials.

Maybe they've both stepped too far into TV and too far out of fashion.  

Anyway, Bravo is going to have to deliver a compelling and high-end show for it to work, and the main host has to be someone FAR above Melissa Milano's fashion pay grade.

If the name Hadid shows up anywhere, I may have to nuke my televisions.

• Love 20
On 9/7/2018 at 3:59 PM, PhoneCop said:

You can't see me, but I'm burning an entire bush of sage and waving it at my computer screen right now.

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If the name Hadid shows up anywhere, I may have to nuke my televisions.

@PhoneCop, I'll need what's left of that sage, and a box of matches to banish the spectre of the Hadids.

Seriously, I'll be so mad if this sucks, but how could it not? The Bravo seasons were so much more fashion/talent/creativity and so much less gimmick/manufactured drama. But Bravo is all gimmick and staged BS now. I have no faith. 

They'll be trotting more D List celebs through there than lifetime ever did. And the Amazon thing will commercialize it to an unbearable degree. 

Who can replace Heidi? There aren't very many telegenic models. Ashley Graham bores me with all her yakety yak about body positivity and the struggle for plus size acceptance. I've no interest in hearing her evangelize about that every week. Adriana Lima was terrible on that show she hosted. Are there any other models who have recent jobs on TV where they have to speak and be interesting and relatable to the audience and the contestants? (Nobody better say tyra)

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Who can replace Heidi? There aren't very many telegenic models. Ashley Graham bores me with all her yakety yak about body positivity and the struggle for plus size acceptance. I've no interest in hearing her evangelize about that every week. Adriana Lima was terrible on that show she hosted. Are there any other models who have recent jobs on TV where they have to speak and be interesting and relatable to the audience and the contestants? (Nobody better say tyra)

Seriouly, my biggest fear is Bethenny Frankel replacing Heidi.  It may be far fetched but I can see it.  She has a clothing line now and Bravo seems to love her so-called wit. They have already put her on a real estate show with Frederik (bomb that it was) and she's also done Shark Tank  a couple of times. What's to stop them?

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6

Maybe they'll have Padma do double duty with Top Chef and Project Runway.

But I don't see Tom Colicchio in the Tim Gunn role.

For mentoring, I could see former contestants season #2 Nick and/or season #3 Laura Bennett doing it. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Maybe they'll have Padma do double duty with Top Chef and Project Runway.

But I don't see Tom Colicchio in the Tim Gunn role.

For mentoring, I could see former contestants season #2 Nick and/or season #3 Laura Bennett doing it. 

Oh, Laura's a great idea! Though, this may be the nostalgia lens talking.

• Love 3

Since Heidi and Tim are gone, Michael Kors left long ago, and now Zac Posen left, who's left?     I'm afraid who they'll get for the new mentor, host, and judges.   I wonder who got custody of Nina?    She's about the only one left on the Mother Ship now, and I wonder if Mood and Swatch, and Parsons are still going to be with PR?     I'm really wondering if PR will survive this, and how the Amazon show will work for Heidi and Tim.     

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Maybe the animosity with Bravo never quieted.  Seems these folks want nothing to do with BravoTV.  

My friends, these folks want nothing to do with any production that has any association, even a former association, with Harvey "The Rapist" Weinstein or his former bride The Beautiful Georgina Chapman.    At this point, I can't really imagine anyone who would.  I'll certainly be fascinated to see who they get.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ratgirlagogo said:

My friends, these folks want nothing to do with any production that has any association, even a former association, with Harvey "The Rapist" Weinstein or his former bride The Beautiful Georgina Chapman.    At this point, I can't really imagine anyone who would.  I'll certainly be fascinated to see who they get.

But this doesn't have anything to do with Weinstein.  So that wouldn't explain the mass exodus.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:21 AM, mwell345 said:

Seriouly, my biggest fear is Bethenny Frankel replacing Heidi.  It may be far fetched but I can see it.  She has a clothing line now and Bravo seems to love her so-called wit. They have already put her on a real estate show with Frederik (bomb that it was) and she's also done Shark Tank  a couple of times. What's to stop them?

I had the same thought. Her, or maybe Nene, who did that fashion show on E, right? 

I hope they lean on the show's brand for popularity and find people who aren't mainstream household names, people who have fashion credibility but are unknown to me. 

Alternatively, bring in Yolanda, mother of Hadids, add in a bunch of bravolebrities as guest judges and let's go crazy. The show can't really get worse...I think. 

• Love 1
On 9/11/2018 at 12:54 AM, phoenix780 said:

I had the same thought. Her, or maybe Nene, who did that fashion show on E, right? 

Oh, I hadn't even thought of Nene.  I hope we're spared that fiasco.

Edited by mwell345
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, Showthyme said:

There is no reason to watch Project Runway without Tim Gunn. 

I don't care for the all star seasons as much as the regular season simply because Tim isn't there. His charm is a huge part of the show for me. I'm really bummed.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, millennium said:

Zac Posen just announced he's out too.

I've grown to like Zac an awful lot. I appreciated his take on the construction of well made clothes.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, mwell345 said:
  On 9/11/2018 at 12:54 AM, phoenix780 said:

Didn't they bring Michael Knight in to advise Nene?  I'd love to see all the film they shot.  They managed to edit a lot of cluelessness out, but bits and pieces showed through.