Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 10
Omarosa Manigault Newman (author, “Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items in fall beauty at affordable prices

Tuesday, Sept. 11
Emma Thompson (“The Children Act”) 

Wednesday, Sept. 12 
Stormy Daniels joined by her attorney, Michael Avenatti; Mariska Hargitay and Ice-T (“Law & Order: SVU”)

Thursday, Sept. 13 
Norm Macdonald (“Norm Macdonald Has a Show”)

Friday, Sept. 14 
Michael Moore (director, “Fahrenheit 11/9); “View Your Deal” with hottest eco-friendly items at affordable prices

• Love 1
4 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Can we please have a Whoopi-free Friday? 

I used to like that when Paula was there. Now all it means is Meh-gun and her bestie will be half of the panel. And considering Meh-gun usually talked 60% of the time all by herself, I wouldn't think there would be any advantage to Whoopi being absent now unless Navarro plans to guest again.

4 hours ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

I think Abby would be good at The View Your Deal. Missing Sara though.

They probably want a likable co-host there to encourage max sales. Sara fit the bill. I don't see Abby being well-liked by the majority of The View's audience. *shrug*

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan might want to take another week off.

Here's hoping that's exactly what she decides to do.  I, for one, would like to hear what Omarosa, Stormy, Avenatti and Michael Moore have to say without being constantly interrupted and attacked.  I'm curious to see how Abby handles the guests scheduled for this week.  

• Love 15
19 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Can we please have a Whoopi-free Friday? 

I will miss Paula and Sara with Joy moderating on Fridays. You could tell they enjoyed themselves.

21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The View Twitter page has this about Monday:

Monday: Former Trump aide @OMAROSA exclusively reveals a secret audio recording from her time at the White House.

Looking forward to what she has to reveal. But she had better not be nasty to Joy this time around. The bitch had better have respect for Joy and I don't care that she isn't enamored with Trump anymore, the woman is just downright unlikeable.

• Love 16

This is a pretty good week, but it does seem like the View won't have Fridays for the fluff pieces now as they seem to be going more political with this season. It's a good change for them, as it will make them different from other talk shows, but I fear for Joy's health since she needs one day where she doesn't have to worry about Trump and can just joke around with the others.

I'm excited to see how Norm is on Thursday. He's just so delightfully weird and long winded. I don't think Omarosa will reveal anything. She may come out with another tape, but it will be about Trump asking for a Big Mac or something. As for Michael Moore, he mentioned that Trump ran for president because he found out that Gwen Stefani was making more on the Voice than he did on the Apprentice, so he wanted to get back at them or something. Hopefully he expands on this, because that seems pretty out there.

• Love 4

It’s funny how everyone now wants to hear what Omarosa has to say. Leading up to her last appearance on The View people were dreading the fact that she was going to be on the show. Omarosa is no more credible now than she was before. She is, however comedy gold in my opinion which makes for good tv.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Omarosa is vile, self-serving and opportunistic.  She annoys the hell out of a certain person and that makes me happy.. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  So, I will put up with the unpleasantness that comes with Omarosa Manigault..

I hear you but going around taping everyone and making a fool of Trump doesn't allow me to think highly of her even though the whole rotten bunch deserve it.

• Love 4

Hmmm.  Not interested in Omarosa, Stormy Dianiels and her fame-whore lawyer.  Norm MacDonald is an acquired taste, but I find him amusing - not sure if the ladies will "get" him, maybe Joy will.  Will give Michael Moore a look, just because I always do!  Emma Thompson & Mariska Hargitay - ho hum.

• Love 1

Omarosa will be interesting because last time Sunny was on The Wendy Williams Show, Wendy was trying to defend Omarosa by saying how she has been through a lot in life and that's why she is so abrasive, and Sunny was NOT having it whatsoever!

• Love 10

Omarosa has always been a self serving bitch, ready to throw anyone under the bus if it serves her needs.  This has been apparent since her days on The Apprentice and likely even before she first showed up on television.  She'll play coy on the show and suggest she has shocking (shocking!) tapes, but nothing will be revealed.  I really doubt she has anything incriminating in her possession. 

• Love 9

I wish my former employer allowed me to take two or more weeks off when my parents died.  Not that I'm complaining that she's still not there.  I guess they must have told her to take as much time off as she wanted to.  Meanwhile us "regular" folk had to just carry on after maybe 3 days off.

• Love 21

I thought that Meghan might show up during the show, maybe with the hosts calling her and giving us an update on her situation. Instead, she didn't show up at all. I wonder why they showed her in the intro then. Seems a bit redundant though.

Serena is an amazing player, a legend really, but I don't like how everyone is talking about this situation. This is slightly different from the match against Capriati, where Serena was called out for nothing and basically screwed out of that match. Here, Naomi outplayed her wonderfully and no one is talking about that. I feel bad that Naomi had to have her first Grand Slam ruined by all this. The ump did catch Serena's coach giving her tips, but her coach said that everyone does it and while it is against the rules, no one ever gets called for it. The ump should have made his warnings clear, but he didn't and this happened instead.

Omarosa knows what she's doing, which is why she makes for great television. I'm surprised she actually provided some good information this time around. I wonder what it makes for the case against her if she released another tape, when Trump is going after her for this.

I figured Sunny would be doing the View Your Deal thing now. As I watched, I wondered if my I should be doing more for my skin care routine which involves washing my face and using lotion.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, piano said:

I wish my former employer allowed me to take two or more weeks off when my parents died.  Not that I'm complaining that she's still not there.  I guess they must have told her to take as much time off as she wanted to.  Meanwhile us "regular" folk had to just carry on after maybe 3 days off.

Mine did.  I work for a huge medical center and they give you 5 days bereavement and I took 5 of my own days.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 2

Omarosa had me shook because I bought her remorse. This was the first time I’ve seen her in an interview where she was composed and not flying off the handle looking to make headlines via a fight. She also looked gorgeous. B.B.  did wonders for her.

meanwhile the Fox News in Abby keeps trying to fly out. You could tell she was annoyed by Omarosa but like her BfF couldn’t get that “gotcha” moment for her old bosses.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Omarosa had me shook because I bought her remorse. This was the first time I’ve seen her in an interview where she was composed and not flying off the handle looking to make headlines via a fight. She also looked gorgeous. B.B.  did wonders for her.

meanwhile the Fox News in Abby keeps trying to fly out. You could tell she was annoyed by Omarosa but like her BfF couldn’t get that “gotcha” moment for her old bosses.

THIS. I was shocked that I liked the interview with Oma. I also noticed new girl seemed really steamed like she was grinding her teeth 

• Love 9

Abby seemed frustrated that she couldn't trip up Oma. I never liked Oma; didn't really know her; never watched that show etc.  but have decided to tolerate her since she has become a thorn. I'll take any thorn I can get.

• Love 19

I can’t believe that Sunny, Whoopi and Abby were defending Serena’s actions at the US Open.  Serena’s behavior was appalling and bordering on bullying and for her to try to turn it around to make it as if she were the victim was egregious. How would Sunny feel if one of her kids were talking to her like that? It makes me sick to see Serena being lauded as a some sort of women’s rights crusader. Most men tennis players who are abusing an umpire have the sense to stop before the consequences become too severe. What is she even trying to fight for? Is she saying that women should have equal opportunities as men to be a jerk? Serena Williams is an amazing athlete, but her character is awful and nobody should be defending what she did on Saturday at the US Open Final. Poor Naomi Osaka. Serena just ruined what should have been the highlight of this young woman’s tennis career thus far. Serena is a spoiled brat and Sunny should be ashamed of herself for defending her. Kudos to Joy for asking why this behavior should be tolerated by men or women. 

Edited by PeterBrady
Typo
  • Love 13

I don't mind that they had Omarosa on. She is detestable and self-centered, but everyone knew that about her before she was a part of Trump's campaign and administration. If she has tapes to air out, that's fine by me. Trump and co. knew what she was when they hired her.

1 hour ago, piano said:

Well, McCain has never been like the normal folk she pretends to speak for and know so much about. Just another sign of her privilege, but hopefully she takes as much time as she can because I can't stand her.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that it is funny that a Black woman getting upset and voicing her anger has pissed people off. How is she an awful human being because she had a bad moment. Men have had awful moments on the tennis court and I don't remember people attacking their character.  Black women have to always be perfect.  Serena has put up with a lot of BS, she has been called a gorilla, comments have been made about her body, her interracial marriage, the different men that she has dated over the years, her color, her outfits, digs were made about her decision to have a child e.t.c I doubt very much this bad moment will overshadow her awesome accomplishments.

Naomi took it in stride. She will be fine.  It was just an awful moment. I am sure that Naomi will not hold this against Serena. 

I think Naomi understands that Serena was not angry at her, but at an umpire who abused his power. Like Joy, I don't pay attention to sports at all, but from the clips they showed, it seemed she only got angry after the umpire accused her of doing something she hadn't and then punished her unfairly. I'm glad Sunny defended her. She has nothing to be ashamed of.

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Men have had awful moments on the tennis court and I don't remember people attacking their character. 

You may not remember it, but it did happen. Perhaps it’s more noticed because Serena Williams is a superstar. But there have been many men who behaved badly on the tennis court and were called out for it. John McEnroe, Dennis Ralston, Panco Gonzales, Ernest’s Gulbis, Marat Safin, Cliff Richey, Andy Roddick and Nick Kyrgios to name a few. 

We shouldn’t ever defend bad behavior and make excuses for it. Serena is not being called out because of her gender or her color. She is being called out because of her egregious behavior. It’s a pattern with her whenever she is faced with difficulty. It’s easy to be nice when you are winning. Your true character comes out when you are faced with adversity. I’d have more respect for her if she just came out and admitted that what she did was wrong and that she felt remorse for it. Instead she doubles down. That, to me shows what type of person she is.

Joy was right. Why should this kind of behavior be tolerated from anyone? My mind is blown when I hear people in the media defending her. It’s unbelievable. 

Edited by PeterBrady
  • Love 12

The ladies failed to mention that McEnroe was kicked out of the Australian Open for bad behaviour.

Patrick Mouratoglou has admitted that he was coaching Serena Williams from the stands; it is grounds for a code violation. Carlos Ramos gave a code violation — which is a warning, but then Serena flipped out when she got her second code violation for breaking her racket after losing the seventh game of the second set cost her a point.  Ramos was just following the written rules of the game.

Serena is the thief - she stole Naomi Osaka's spotlight!  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Serena's coach did say that he was coaching her from the stands, which is in violation of the rules. However, he said that everyone does it including Nadal's coach who is apparently famous for doing it. It's a rule in the books, but it's almost never invoked which is why everyone was so surprised by what happened. Serena didn't do anything wrong here, her coach was just doing what every other coach does. The umpire shouldn't have mentioned that this was a warning, then when she threw her racket that it would be another strike and then after the thief comment, that she would lose a game. Instead, the umpire just did things without really explaining himself. He mentioned the violations, but didn't explain that these were warnings, violations, etc... which caused the crowd and Serena to not understand why she was being docked a game.

I do think Serena did get rattled by this, but also because Noami was killing it out there. Unfortunately, all of this just ended up with this outcome. Do I think Serena was being emotional or whatever, sure. But she was just being passionate and that's part of the game. Everyone does it. I'm sure she had flashbacks to what happened during her game against Capriati as well too, when the ump was completely against her.

(they changed the rules when it came to challenging after this match)

Even if everything between Serena and Ramos didn't happen, she still would have lost though. Naomi was the better player throughout the entire game. It hasn't been mentioned enough, but it's great that another Black athlete (Naomi is half Japanese (her mom) and half Haitian (her dad)) won the US Open.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 11

Joy did actually mention McEnroe getting kicked out of the Australian Open, but it was not acknowledged by the panel and was quickly glossed over because it didn’t support Whoopi’s and Sunny’s claim that Serena was a victim of sexism. Shame on Whoopi and Sunny for defending her.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that it is funny that a Black woman getting upset and voicing her anger has pissed people off. How is she an awful human being because she had a bad moment. Men have had awful moments on the tennis court and I don't remember people attacking their character.  Black women have to always be perfect.  Serena has put up with a lot of BS, she has been called a gorilla, comments have been made about her body, her interracial marriage, the different men that she has dated over the years, her color, her outfits, digs were made about her decision to have a child e.t.c I doubt very much this bad moment will overshadow her awesome accomplishments.

Naomi took it in stride. She will be fine.  It was just an awful moment. I am sure that Naomi will not hold this against Serena. 

As Joy pointed out, John McEnroe  was in commercials lauding his temper. Hahaha so funny when a man does it. Not really. Serena had a bad day and lost her temper and behaved terribly.  The coach has said he  was coaching from the stands, but it's done all the time .  No one is ever punished for it. Serena was being made an example.  Maybe she damn tired of it.  She was outplayed and the combination of everything probably helped her lose it.

We all know Trump is pettylittle man but really, to send in his soldiers to go in on Joy. What a POS.  

I don't care for Omarosa but I like that she is holding  herself complicit in Trump's con, was nice to hear. I doubt we'll ever hear this from other people in the White House .

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

You may not remember it, but it did happen. Perhaps it’s more noticed because Serena Williams is a superstar. But there have been many men who behaved badly on the tennis court and were called out for it. John McEnroe, Dennis Ralston, Panco Gonzales, Ernest’s Gulbis, Marat Safin, Cliff Richey, Andy Roddick and Nick Kyrgios to name a few. 

We shouldn’t ever defend bad behavior and make excuses for it. Serena is not being called out because of her gender or her color. She is being called out because of her egregious behavior. It’s a pattern with her whenever she is faced with difficulty. It’s easy to be nice when you are winning. Your true character comes out when you are faced with adversity. I’d have more respect for her if she just came out and admitted that what she did was wrong and that she felt remorse for it. Instead she doubles down. That, to me , shows me what type of person she is.

13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The ladies failed to mention that McEnroe was kicked out of the Australian Open for bad behaviour.

Serena WAS receiving coaching from the stands.  The guy signalling her has admitted it.  Serena is the thief - she stole Naomi Osaka's spotlight!  

Her coach was giving her hand signals, but she didn't see them.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
I saw that game & she threatened the lady, saying she'd shove the ball up her ass!!
  • Love 3