Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Week 6: Season Finale

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, backformore said:

Didn't kendall kiss TWO other guys besides Joe, after being with Joe?   I can't recall everyone who came in.  But I thought Joe liked Kendall right away and never changed his mind, while Kendall continued to "play the field" with someone else, and then with Leo.   While Joe waited for her to come to her senses and return to him.    I think at the end he felt he was being played by someone who was settling for him, constantly looking to see if someone "better"  was going to enter the scene.  

And this will continue to happen during the life of their relationship. She’ll always have one foot out the door. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

And this will continue to happen during the life of their relationship. She’ll always have one foot out the door. 

But she will stay in the relationship for as long as Joe stays on DWTS.  That way she'll get more "exposure."

• Love 7
On 2018-09-12 at 9:29 PM, Mu Shu said:

Lol! You guys just don’t appreciate the 2 Shames of the Ozarks.

but you have to admit both have hustle and more than just SM careers.  Most of these women have no job or bullshit jobs.  

Bibiana is all bluster.  Plus as the resident Duff, she has to play nice with the popular girls.  Lot of duff benefits if you play it right.

Ah, you are doing so much for my vocabulary! I had to look up duff. I didn't know it was an acronym for designated ugly fat friend.* I certainly don't find Bibliana fat, she strikes me as naturally curvy. Tia has nice (fake) boobs and a fine body for wearing fashionable clothes, but I find her average looking at best. Until she opens her mouth and drops down to a 2 on a scale of 10. I don't know much about Raven since I missed her season luckily, but she proved to be a Mean Girl during last season's BIP and I would gladly throw her into the same black hole I would toss Tia, so I never have to see or hear from either of them again. 

Thank you to everyone that corrected my Duff acronym, especially Mu Shu. I usually go to Urban Dictionary, so thought they might have had a different definition, but no, it was my memory. Or eyesight. I agree that Bibiana took that role here, but I'm not sure why, unless some of the men had seen her on the Winter Olympics and figured that she would walk away whatever happened. I do find her very attractive, although she came across as highly unstable while on The Bachelor.

Edited by PrePreBabylonia
Correcting my erroneous definition
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, PrePreBabylonia said:

Ah, you are doing so much for my vocabulary! I had to look up duff. I didn't know it was an acronym for dumb ugly fat friend.

I had to look up "Duff," too.  Bibiana wasn't my cup of tea but she certainly wasn't that. 

• Love 3

A duff doesn’t have to be fat or ugly.  There are very attractive duffs. Bibiana isn’t fat or ugly, but she does sit on the sidelines holding the more popular girls drinks and purses while they get the men.  She’s a Gretchen weiner.  

Maybe wallflower is a better term. Old timey talk.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1
On 9/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, GracieK said:

Well to be fair.. she did say "joe you aren't serious, i can tell by your smile, you're messing with me" to which he replied "you never know" while continuing to smile. I mean I get the happy go lucky, coy routine and that can also be from fear or shyness.  But you're talking about proposing marriage.. maybe you should sit up and say "ok but for real, let's have a serious talk about this".  

I don't know, that kind of conversation seems a little too serious for two people who are on a show that films for 3 weeks with the premise of people of falling so in love that they're willing to get engaged. After 3 weeks. That's it's worked out for one or two couples doesn't negate the ridiculousness of the whole thing. 

If the conversation was genuine, I'd assume it was more of a code for sparking a discussion about continuing a relationship offscreen and her response of closing off and just going to bed showed him that she wasn't up for that. Speaking of, that has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves, someone opening a can of worms and then just flouncing off to leave the other person not sure what's going on and not able to get any more info. It's like when someone hints at big news or does the "can we talk later" and then gives no additional details or even a glimmer of a topic. Maddening. 

As for the finale, my knee-jerk aversion to Robby Hayes continues. Besides the ridiculous plastered-down piece of hair to the really unappealing (and a trend that I truly wish would die out soon) skin-tight capri pants, his personality just really skeeves me. That date with Shushanna was one of the most awkward things I've ever seen, he could not have been more robotic and checked out. 

Ouch to Cassandra and Jordan's parting. There must be something off-putting about her, because she seemed to garner a similar reaction from both Eric and Jordan. An initial interest and then a hard pass. That was awkward to watch, she looked genuinely embarrassed to be dismissed so casually.

A duff doesn’t have to be fat or ugly.  There are very attractive duffs. Bibiana isn’t fat or ugly, but she does sit on the sidelines holding the more popular girls drinks and purses while they get the men.  She’s a Gretchen weiner.  

I can agree with this. She's definitely neither fat nor ugly, but gives off a vibe of third wheel. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wondered this too about Cassandra.  She’s arguably one of the better looking girls and wise enough to give Kenny the boot, so I’m wondering why the other guys were pretty aloof with her.  

It was bad timing on her part.  She came to BIP late in the game when all the women already had "dibs" on most of the guys. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Palomar said:

It was bad timing on her part.  She came to BIP late in the game when all the women already had "dibs" on most of the guys. 

Part bad timing. Part Eric doesn’t count because he’s weird. Jordan makes less sense. He might have worried about the long distance but then why go on the show?

Also, she did tend to initiate things with guys which sometimes can come off as desperate? She seemed more eager and tried hard. 

Idk, for me I’d want to know about her relationship with Rodney Stuckey. She’s been called a baby mama and, fair or unfair, it’s a red flag when a young woman has a child with a rich athlete or celebrity. But I doubt this group of famewhores care about that. If anything it probably elevates her status with them. 

• Love 2

Ouch to Cassandra and Jordan's parting. There must be something off-putting about her, because she seemed to garner a similar reaction from both Eric and Jordan. An initial interest and then a hard pass. That was awkward to watch, she looked genuinely embarrassed to be dismissed so casually.

Don't forget she's a single mom. I think most people aren't interested in leading on single parents and also aren't interested raising other people's kids if they aren't 100% sure they're in love. It makes things harder for single parents for sure, but it's also a reasonable consideration when deciding whether or not it's worth it to invest your time in someone.

• Love 3