Type keyword(s) to search

S02E08: Citadel on the Edge of Vengeance

Whelp, Davos has now gone past killing just Triad and kills the restaurant owner for not wanting to get involved and the one pupil that dares to question him, ends up getting murdered by another one.  No one is truly safe because even having a semblance of doubt or past mistakes is worthy of death his eyes.

Walker/Mary and Ward teaming up should be fun!

At least Joy was able to get the bowl out of Davos' hands, but she is clearly skating on thin ice now.

So, now Danny doesn't believe he is worthy of the Iron Fist anymore, and once they capture Davos, he wants Colleen to wield it instead.  I honestly wouldn't be against it, but I'm pretty sure what is not going to end up happening.

• Love 3

I feel like everyone else's storyline progressed here except for Danny and Colleen. While everyone else is having these pivotal moments, these two are just sparring- at least up until the last few seconds. They also seem to have dropped Colleen's family storyline.

I really hope nothing happens to Ward or Joy, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

54 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, now Danny doesn't believe he is worthy of the Iron Fist anymore, and once they capture Davos, he wants Colleen to wield it instead.  I honestly wouldn't be against it, but I'm pretty sure what is not going to end up happening.

I wonder- maybe that is where this mystery of Colleen's family is going. That it will turn out that she has some ties to K'un L'un and the legacy of the Iron Fist. They do refer to her as a "daughter of the Dragon" in the comics; maybe the writers decided to change things up and make that less of a metaphorical and more of a literal phrase? That would be an interesting twist, though like you, I kind of doubt that's how things will turn out.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:12 AM, Cthulhudrew said:

I feel like everyone else's storyline progressed here except for Danny and Colleen. While everyone else is having these pivotal moments, these two are just sparring- at least up until the last few seconds. They also seem to have dropped Colleen's family storyline.

Did they though? Correct me, since I could well be wrong, but wasn't the crest outside of the tattoo parlor the same sigil as Colleen's family, as well as the goblet/chalice that Misty was taking a picture of in the auctioneers back room, while the auctioneer was gathering the scroll to show her. The only reason I say that is the camera seemed to linger on both of these for longer than needed, and since the Wing family crest/sigil/symbol is the only thing that has been prominent this season, I just assumed they were a reference to that.

Hmm... will they really go there and give Colleen the Iron Fist? I'm not against it but what would they do with Danny then? I really really don't want Colleen and Danny to break up dammit, they are the only romance I like in any of the Marvel shows. I know it's weird but I'm really attached to them. It's starting to feel like they may be phasing out this version of Iron Fist and I'm not sure what to think about it. I'm actually loving this season, I think they've fixed a lot of the problems they had with the last one. I guess I'll find out when I watch the last two episodes tomorrow night.

I liked seeing the cutie pie doctor show up again this season. I'll always remember him from Farscape. 

• Love 2

Wow, Davos has full on lost it now. Thats not how a PR campaign works, Davos! And it looks like Chen is angling to be his permanent right hand man, and has no desire to share that position with Joy. Chen has really come from the background to be a really interesting character. 

Interesting to see more of Walker/Mary, and it makes me wonder who the "original" personality is. I assumed it was Mary, but maybe Walker was the original? Ward and Walker/Mary teaming up should be a pretty good time, although I continue to be worried about Ward and Joy. I dont see this ending well for them. 

Colleen being the iron Fist could work, but is it possible they could, like, share? I really have grown to like them as a couple, I dont want this getting in the way. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Interesting to see more of Walker/Mary, and it makes me wonder who the "original" personality is. I assumed it was Mary, but maybe Walker was the original?

With the caveat that I don't know much about how DID works, so I'm basically talking out of my ass here, I definitely think 'Walker' was more what Mary Walker's personality was like before the split, maybe with just a little bit of 'Mary' thrown in when she was feeling more girlie.  Mary Walker, after all, was military and I just don't see 'Mary' in that role, at all.

• Love 4