Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E32: Live Evictions #10; Head of Household #11

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Going into double elimination week, they had to be absolutely sure that the comp would be over quickly and no time would come out of the next episode for it (even though it tips off the HG's).

I don’t get it. How would the double elimination week be affected if the HOH competition had to be featured in Sunday’s episode?

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I still feel bad for Scottie.

I don't.  Not in the least.  First there is no concrete evidence that anything you are guessing at is true so I can't even enter something like that into the equation.  But even if it was true, so what?  Everyone goes through hard stuff in life and most far more than what looks to me like a typical young, middle class American.  It is how you handle it that is the mark of your character ... or lack thereof.  Scottie showed absolutely zero character on Thursday night and is entirely responsible for being the total jerk he turned out to be on national TV.  He is in his mid-20's and a full adult.  There is just totally no excuse or rationalizing away what he did.  Ever.  It was gross.  It was vile.  It was uncivil.

Maybe he can grow up some day but as I say. mid-20's is fully grown.  Do we have to wait until the gray hair comes in before he acts like an adult?  Nope.  He made his bed and he can go lay in it now.  This stuff is on the internet forever.  Barring the fall of civilization (which I don't rule out at this point given how crazy stuff is getting), his grand kids will see it.  If he ever gets around to having kids that is to produce those grand kids.

I'm sorry but I hate rationalizing away endless bad behavior these days and it extends to reality shows as much is anywhere else.

Edited by green
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I actually do, too, and basically have drawn the same conclusions you stated about his level of social skills.  But if he purposely used his live eviction speech to talk about blow jobs, ick.  I just see no reason for such a seemingly sweet, sort of clueless guy to go there on the live broadcast.  If he's really the Scottie we saw earlier in the show and/or if he was convinced by someone else to say it, I think he's embarrassed himself, and feel bad he's now in that position.
That said, I don't feel bad for Angela or Tyler -- getting "accused" of having sex doesn't rate high on my list of insults.  And if they've made houseguests dislike them & want to throw them under the bus, that's on them & the way they've chosen to play the game. 

Even now, I'm not sure what exactly Scottie said or what he meant by it.  There's a transcription posted of words I couldn't hear, but who knows if it's accurate?  I hope he explains at some point because until then, for me, the jury's still out (bad pun intended).

Edited by GeorgiaRai
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, green said:

Barring the fall of civilization (which I don't rule out at this point given how crazy stuff is getting), 

I'm sorry but I hate rationalizing away endless bad behavior these days and it extends to reality shows as much is anywhere else.

Absolutely!   It's up to us as individuals to hold to a higher standard of civility. Some of the things I really dislike about BB are the night vision filming of Swaggy and Bay, Scottie's potty-mouth exit speech, JC........well, actually everything about JC offends me.  I know reality TV tries to be offensive, but I don't have to like that aspect of it.

3 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I just see no reason for such a seemingly sweet, sort of clueless guy to go there on the live broadcast. 

There's a transcription posted of words I couldn't hear, but who knows if it's accurate?  

The reason is that he is not such a sweet clueless guy. He had no problem going there which to me indicates he's been there before and did not need a road map. 

As  for who knows whether the transcriptions are accurate, ask the millions of people who actually saw Scotty's bout of oral  diarrhea when it happened.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5

Big Brother is meant to be reality and reality means you don't always here people being pleasant and polite.  The problem for the show is it's a very middle of the road mainstream production and that means live shows aren't actually live and they have to mute things and edit stuff out to stop the audience being upset. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Even now, I'm not sure what exactly Scottie said or what he meant by it.  There's a transcription posted of words I couldn't hear, but who knows if it's accurate?  I hope he explains at some point because until then, for me, the jury's still out (bad pun intended).

Google Scottie and eviction speech and I am sure you find the clip of that scene posted on various sites and even YouTube.  And yes the transcription I posted was accurate.

• Love 3

Reality shows are not exactly known for being paragons of virtue and class, but even with that being said, I too was disappointed in Scotty. Up until his moment of verbal diahrrea, I'd have thought him pretty much a shoe in for AF. Now, not so much. He did a good job of hiding it, but ultimately his true character, or lack thereof, showed up.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Just my opinions, no way I can know anything for sure.  That said.

I don't think it was any great surprise that when he entered the house that he became best friends with Steve.  The person who happened to be the oldest house guest.

Scottie comes off as socially awkward and a Nervous Nelly.  I don't think he relates to his peers all that well, and in school he probably didn't have many friends.   So, when in a game such as this when Hayleigh tries to be kind to him, it shouldn't be all that surprising that he would read more into that relationship than there is.   Probably because he most likely didn't have any girls as friends in school, so any attention he gets he would naturally blow that attention out of proportion.   He was probably picked on quite a bit in school by the boys.   His personality type in my high school years would be something that would not go over well at all.  The type that would be endlessly bullied/tormented.

I may be supporting Scottie here for a moment...you've been warned. :)

Here's the dichotomy of Scottie...in his show intro, he mentioned being named Most Athletic in high school - as in, "don't let the glasses fool you, I am actually going to be a competition threat."  He was totally supposed to be the geeky gamer archetype this season, but his competition performances suggest that he does have a sports background, so I'm not so sure about him being picked on.  Something else I noticed is that in his pre- and post-show interviews, he maintains strong eye contact with whoever he's talking to, which speaks to someone who is actually pretty confident with himself.  He also mentioned in a pre-show interview that he has never been able to make the transition from "friend" to "girlfriend," suggesting that he did have friends who were girls.  He never really came across as shy on the show with the females.  Awkward, yes - but I wondered if that was just the over-amped personality of someone who has watched BB for a long time and now can't believe he's actually on it.  And don't laugh too hard, but I think he is all kinds of cute, too.

This is why I really liked him from the beginning - he didn't play to the box that he was supposed to fit into.  All of the houseguests have claimed to really enjoy his company.  That's why his speech came so far out of left field to me.  I didn't like it because he's old enough to know not disparage a female on live tv - he's got sisters, would he like it if someone said to them what he said to Angela?  If he was just trying to bring the yawn-inducing Tangela showmance to the surface, he absolutely could've done it in a different way and still made his point.  He said something stupid and now has to live with the repercussions.  However - and this is in no way meant to excuse him - it seems like it was a one-off thing for him to do...unlike a certain little troll who has been running around unchecked for the past 10 weeks or so.  I do hope Scottie comes out of this okay.

So yeah, he was my favorite houseguest and I'm sad that by his own hand, he didn't have a graceful exit.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Skycatcher said:
  6 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I just see no reason for such a seemingly sweet, sort of clueless guy to go there on the live broadcast. 

There's a transcription posted of words I couldn't hear, but who knows if it's accurate?  

I never liked him. Scottie has never been a sweet, sort of clueless guy. Well, clueless maybe. But he doesn't know that. And the transcription is most likely accurate.

I would be very surprised if he was voted AFP.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Michichick said:

I don’t get it. How would the double elimination week be affected if the HOH competition had to be featured in Sunday’s episode?

The point is that since we've already seen the winner, it doesn't have to be featured; it can just be a part of the recap if the producers need the extra time to fit in the extra eviction.

1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The point is that since we've already seen the winner, it doesn't have to be featured; it can just be a part of the recap if the producers need the extra time to fit in the extra eviction.

Yes, but the extra eviction doesn’t happen until next Thursday, so Sunday’s episode is unaffected by the double elimination. All parts of the second eviction (HOH comp, nominations, veto, voting) take place live on Thursday.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Michichick said:

Yes, but the extra eviction doesn’t happen until next Thursday, so Sunday’s episode is unaffected by the double elimination. All parts of the second eviction (HOH comp, nominations, veto, voting) take place live on Thursday.

You'd think that a double eviction Thursday would mean they need to compress the Sunday and Wednesday shows, to eliminate what we normally see in the first 15 minutes of the Thursday show--we can't have the recap of the post-veto maneuvering that we usually get.

I mean, they probably WON'T. But they should.

5 hours ago, springbarb said:

You'd think that a double eviction Thursday would mean they need to compress the Sunday and Wednesday shows, to eliminate what we normally see in the first 15 minutes of the Thursday show--we can't have the recap of the post-veto maneuvering that we usually get.

I mean, they probably WON'T. But they should.

The Sunday show is their big "filler" show usually and now that they don't have power apps reveals to use (gag).  So there would have been no problem filling it with the end of an endurance HOH if they wanted.  Now it is just fillers and the nomination ceremony. 

The veto competition/ceremony is usually Wednesday.  So anyway Sunday is light filler night usually unless they have an endurance HOH.  Which they didn't so it is the nominations plus Fluffville this week I guess.  Last Thursday's HOH never impacts the following Thursday's show at all.  They will mention it in "previously" for all of 3 seconds at most.

Edited by green

I am so hoping one of the six will saddle over with Haleigh and make something happen.  I would love to see a Kaycee, Haleigh pairing.  They are great competitors and Kaycee has to make a move eventually.

Personally I think Tyler and Angela's fake romance will be their Waterloo.  That along with JC.  I don't like the little twerp but he has played a good game.  He's been behind a lot of the evictions and he has made the house guests think his way.  I also don't think he's hated to much in the jury house.

Brett and Sam need to go.  They have brought nothing to the show.  Sam started off strong but now she just floats along each week.  Brett thinks he has to do nothing because he has a final two with Tyler.  Wait til JC gets in his ear really good. 

I'm loving this season.  I do miss the cooking the previous seasons did.  I will always remember Frankie and his baked Fish and the girl that loved English Muffins!  I see take out containers and I wonder if that's a choice..to order in?

Edited by Jeanne222
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

I am so hoping one of the six will saddle over with Haleigh and make something happen.  I would love to see a Kaycee, Haleigh pairing.  They are great competitors and Kaycee has to make a move eventually.

Personally I think Tyler and Angela's fake romance will be their Waterloo.  That along with JC.  I don't like the little twerp but he has played a good game.  He's been behind a lot of the evictions and he has made the house guests think his way.  I also don't think he's hated to much in the jury house.

Brett and Sam need to go.  They have brought nothing to the show.  Sam started off strong but now she just floats along each week.  Brett thinks he has to do nothing because he has a final two with Tyler.  Wait til JC gets in his ear really good. 

I'm loving this season.

Spoiler

Oh, the power of editing.  The majority of the times we have seen JC "convince" Level 6 to do what he wants, they had already made the same decision without any of his input.  They just let him think he was running things so that he would continue to vote with them.  JC's delusions are a running joke in the house.

• Love 4
On 9/7/2018 at 10:35 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So JC is jealous of Angela. Over a guy who probably doesn't even swing his way. Hmm.

Derrick has put on some noticeable weight. Still don't understand why he's considered like the professor emeritus of Big Brother since he had a relatively easy win. Good remarks though about jury management. Angela and Brett have sure screwed up on that score.

Kaycee has been killing it lately. Is she the dark horse for F2? I wouldn't mind if it were her and Tyler. Not sure he would win over her even with all the help production's been giving him.

Tyler has to take Angela with him to final two if he is to win.  Nobody much likes Angela and once Scotty gets back and tells all they will dislike her even more and everything that might have been for their own game!

If Haleigh could get to final two she would win it all.  I don't think it's possible right now but then again I can't believe she's still there.  The girl's got game!

• Love 1

Sam started off strong but now she just floats along each week.

She's now the unofficial house mother. They need her around to cook and clean. Probably once they get down to few enough people that they don't have to worry about the cooking and cleaning anymore, they'll get rid of her. That is unless she goes off the handle again, most likely at either Tyler or Angela.

If Haleigh could get to final two she would win it all. 

Yeah, she's plucky but I think she's still tainted by being connected with that idiot Fessy. She let him drag her game down and I think most of the houseguests disrespect her for it. Unless she can get Angela out first I don't think she'll make it to F2.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Where did the "Hive" name come from, and who comprises the group?

The only two groups I know of are "Level 6" and "Faute".

They mentioned it on one of the broadcasts lately but they have been called that long long before it finally showed up on TV.  I don't know for sure but it might of happened around the time Bay was HOH and she was all about being the Queen Bee.  But that is just a guess since I haven't ever heard of a reason why on the TV version or even elsewhere.  Foute didn't really last too long.  It was only the brief and early "Swaggy Era."  The Hive has been this group's main name actually.  Part of the bad editing this season is not explaining stuff like this on the broadcasts so people who only watch the TV version are, like you, going "huh, when did this happen?"

Anyway the Hive came about post Swaggy and post their second name (yes, The Hive is their third name) but had he remained he would have been part of it.  The others were Bay, Rockstar, Scottie, Fessy, and, the lone survivor so far, Hay.  Kaitlyn was a wishy washy part of the second name but was out by the time The Hive arrived.

They flipped their name as many times as they were flipping.  Since it -- the second name -- wasn't mentioned on TV I have to use spoilers for that silly thing.

Spoiler

It was the Sacred Six and no I have no idea why.  I think this name came about immediately after Swaggy's eviction when Kaitlyn "returned" to that group (it sounds like a name she would make up too) and Bay and Scottie became card carrying members officially making them that for one to two weeks maybe.  But I wouldn't swear to it either.  After Kaitlyn went out / into Bay's HOH period is when I think they morphed into The Hive.

Edited by green
18 hours ago, springbarb said:

Actually, they usually still fit a short post-veto segment in between the opening credits and the first commercial break. Then Julie gives the news to the houseguests, and they do the first eviction & interview. The second round of HOH/Veto/vote/interview is really squeezed into about a half hour of time between the 25 minute mark and the 55 minute mark. Then the show ends with us "eavesdropping on the houseguests," often with the next HOH just starting*. The following Sunday then spends a large part doing flashbacks to the maneuvers of the DE while the remaining houseguests are doing some time-consuming competition. 

*(Julie might need to take a few extra seconds near the end to preview for the audience the next week for the remaining final five, since they'll likely be evicting the F5 and then the F4 houseguest on that next Wed/Thurs).

• Love 1