Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E32: Live Evictions #10; Head of Household #11

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

I also found Derrick's season rather dull, but I give him credit for having a good read on the players' dynamics. I believe he correctly predicted the winner of Celebrity BB early on by noting that Marissa had good social connections and was just under the radar of the bigger personalities. I agree with him here as well that despite how boring Kaycee was in the beginning (esp. for the viewing audience), she's racking up wins weekly now, making her a credible challenger to Tyler. 

I'm interested to see whom she nominates, especially if she holds off on her new buddy Hayleigh and instead puts JC (at last!) and Sam up instead.

4 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

DJ and Brett discussing strategery in the hammock... they're not far off the mark.  They need to focus on getting out Tyler/Angela/KC, but they'll never work together because of Brett's allegiance to being the power bottom of Level 6's totem pole.

Too funny. I love it. Best line of the night!

I agree with others that Brett should consider Angela in a potential F2 since the jury hates her (especially with her awful goodbye messages). At first I was going to say that her competition win record might just help her, but since he is Level 6's power bottom, he'd likely have to win HOH or veto at F4 as well as final HOH at F3 to even make it to the end, which would then give him a few wins to match up against her own.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, leocadia said:

(small voice)  I was pretty happy with Derrick's win.  He didn't play an exciting game, but I appreciated the thought he put into it and the fact that he seemed very even-keeled socially.  Plus, he wasn't Frankie.

I like Derrick & was happy he had won.  Yes, being an undercover cop gave him an advantage on how to read people, but there are plenty of other careers that give the same advantage. 

I am so ready for JC to take his spot next to his best bud at the jury house.  He is so jealous of  Angela & Tyler, you can almost see the green arrows shooting from his eyes. He sure did toss Tyler under the bus in his Goodbye message to Scotty.

Speaking of Scotty, what was he on? I could not understand a word he was saying, he was jumping around so much, I expected him to leap into the audience.  Couldn't believe he grabbed Julie like they were best buds. 

We laughed so hard when JC was confronting Tyler in the HOH room about hearing Angela dash from the bed to the sofa & said Brett was smart and noticed something between Tyler & Angela too...camera goes to Brett in the kitchen making goofy sounds.

Why was Brett trying to get JC pronounce turtle as 'turdle'. 

Was Kaycee just laying low all season

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 6

As off the wall as Scottie has been this week, I don't see how Tyler's goodbye message did Ty any good with the jury.  Scottie will calm down back in jury house, and will absolutely hash this out with the others, right? Unless the GBM was clipped for the viewers (but shown to Scottie), I didn't see any jury management or any fake-but-sincere "sorry, dude" - just basically "I've known everything all along! Sucks to be you!" kind of thing.  Maybe his fans saw it more positively & can Ty-splain?

• Love 4

I also liked Derrick and thought he played a fantastic game. I feel like, and this is just my personal opinion, a lot of people tend to dislike players that are so good at the game, they make it look easy. Like Derrick or Tyler. It’s not their fault that they’re good at strategy or winning comps or reading people. It wasn’t a cakewalk for Derrick or Tyler, both of them played hard and smart all season. And I don’t see how being an undercover cop gave Derrick an unfair advantage anymore than the physical comps give unfair advantages to the athletes in the house.

• Love 10

Yup, this episode did not boost Tyler in my eyes. Now that JBB is over, GBMs are vital to jury management and Brett's GBM did more for Tyler than his own. Not to mention the showmance that he vows is not going to get in the way of eye on the prize. He's trying to have his cake and eat it too while in the meantime KC is building a huge resume that is more visible to the jury and at the same time maintaining excellent relationships with everyone. Have we ever seen KCs GBMs? Unless, Tyler does some serious damage control, he's not beating KC in F2, especially with a bitter jury. As much as production is trying to write this season as the Tyler show, I'd like this to be another fail in what has been a pathetic season for production. And I say this as a Tyler fan with KC as my close 2nd favorite  and Brett as my 3rd.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:
12 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

So what did Scottie throw into the audience?

Probably something from the Swaggy Collection.

Heh, I was thinking that very thing.

What exactly did Scott say in his speech?  My telly kept blanking, was he cursing?

That "Let's go" catchphrase is annoying the crap out of me..

Chile, I've long been annoyed with that shit.  Once I saw the HOH game though, I knew it was hers to win.

11 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

The earlier I get that angry cat's anus off my screen the better, I find him neither funny or charming. He's a paranoid little troll. Listen dude what is your deal with Angela? Just because you love Tyler more than she does? He doesn't play for your team JC, get that through your head. Not. Going. To. Happen. Damn but he's creepy.

Hysterical Laughter.gif

Once, me and Mr. Vixenstud were at the vet with Spooky and I asked a question....I was having the hardest time expressing what I meant, so I referred to Spooky's butt as his 'kitty anus'.  Years later, Mr. Vixenstud still hasn't let that go!

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

As off the wall as Scottie has been this week, I don't see how Tyler's goodbye message did Ty any good with the jury.  Scottie will calm down back in jury house, and will absolutely hash this out with the others, right? Unless the GBM was clipped for the viewers (but shown to Scottie), I didn't see any jury management or any fake-but-sincere "sorry, dude" - just basically "I've known everything all along! Sucks to be you!" kind of thing.  Maybe his fans saw it more positively & can Ty-splain?

Ty-splain:  ALL good-bye messages we see on TV are massively edited.  We see the edits all the time with the bodies suddenly jerking around etc.  So what Tyler said in the end we don't know any more than what the others said as well.  All of these good-bye messages run a lot lot longer than we see but the houseguests get to see them all in their entirety at the jury house.  So Tyler may have done better in the full message or he may have screwed it up royally.  We just can't tell.

4 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

So at least one of Tyler's Final Twos will be on the block now, right?  If Kaycee stays loyal to L6, she only has Haleigh, JC & Sam to choose from.  

I can't see Level 6 NOT going after Hay FINALLY.  But if JC or Sam went out instead I'm sure Tyler would he happy to have someone else take one of them out for him so he wouldn't draw the blame.

13 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

"If they don't make the right move, they can suck it, except Tyler, because he's already getting a steady diet of that."

This is from the spoiler thread but it isn't a spoiler since all this was seen on the TV episode here and is just the transcript of what we all saw/heard on TV before the techie could reach the mute button.  According to some people who can lip read, the bleeped out stuff we saw was to use Hilton Head (Angela's home and where Tyler comes down to lifeguard in the summer for the past few years) and link it to another "head" (if you catch my drift) in a pathetically bizarre attempt to look like a "cool kid" from the "virgin" Scottie who was not only gross but even managed to get who sucks whom wrong. 

Epic fail all the way around.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Scottie because between this and the horrible interview with Julie, your 15 minutes of fame are up forever.

Edited by green
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, green said:

Ty-splain:  ALL good bye messages we see on TV are massively edited.  We see the edits all the time with the bodies suddenly jerking around etc.  So what Tyler said in the end we don't know any more than what the others said as well.  All of these good-bye messages run a lot lot longer than we see but the houseguests get to see them all in their entirety at the jury house.  So Tyler may have done better in the full message or he may have screwed it up royally.  We just can't tell.

This, and also: he's been (deservedly) getting flack on the internets for pretending to be clueless / failure to build a resume. "I knew all about it. I've always known all about it. In fact, I had a power app for two months and never had to use it bc I've been the HBIC this whole time." is pointed directly at that criticism. Tyler's a superfan, he knew he needed to start taking credit - just (understandably imo) waited to start until after the jbb.

• Love 5

Could Scottie possibly have meant that, because Tyler wanted Haleigh out but didn't fight for Scottie, Tyler was sucking up to all the HG's?  That seems more in line with Scottie's thinking (i.e. Tyler's a coward;  Tyler caved; they can all suck it, just like Tyler's been doing all along).  Scottie didn't seem obsessed with Tangela (gag) like JC is - and he was oblivious to Fes & Haleigh earlier - so he may have not have meant his words to come across as they did.  He seemed so completely wigged out last night, his nerves & social awkwardness cranked mile-high - but I'm holding out hope he didn't actually say what he actually said.  

26 minutes ago, green said:

So Tyler may have done better in the full message or he may have screwed it up royally.  We just can't tell.

That answers my question.  Thanks, green!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Could Scottie possibly have meant that, because Tyler wanted Haleigh out but didn't fight for Scottie, Tyler was sucking up to all the HG's?  That seems more in line with Scottie's thinking (i.e. Tyler's a coward;  Tyler caved; they can all suck it, just like Tyler's been doing all along).  Scottie didn't seem obsessed with Tangela (gag) like JC is - and he was oblivious to Fes & Haleigh earlier - so he may have not have meant his words to come across as they did.  He seemed so completely wigged out last night, his nerves & social awkwardness cranked mile-high - but I'm holding out hope he didn't actually say what he actually said.  

Spoiler for the part of his speech production blanked out [those weren't accidental sound guy failures like they've had numerous other times this season]:

Spoiler

He also made a reference to "getting Hilton Head," which - unfortunately and grossly - basically removes all doubt. He definitely went there. Jackass (Scottie, not you!)

Edited by IndyMischa
clarifying that I was insulting the HG and not the poster I quoted!
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Reason: clarifying that I was insulting the HG and not the poster I quoted!

I didn't see pre-edit and am sure it was fine, but....thanks for that! :)

If true, it's gross and so wrong to say on the live show.  I liked Scottie before his battle-back; I'm regretting that now.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

I thought Julie’s outfit looked very nice, although I did think incorporating what I can only conclude was a burial shroud for the dead parrot on her shoulder was a bit of a fashion risk.

Dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I didn't see pre-edit and am sure it was fine, but....thanks for that! :)

If true, it's gross and so wrong to say on the live show.  I liked Scottie before his battle-back; I'm regretting that now.

The original didn't have the parenthetical. ;)

And yes, his stock dropped like a stone for me. Totally unnecessary.

• Love 1

So JC is jealous of Angela. Over a guy who probably doesn't even swing his way. Hmm.

Derrick has put on some noticeable weight. Still don't understand why he's considered like the professor emeritus of Big Brother since he had a relatively easy win. Good remarks though about jury management. Angela and Brett have sure screwed up on that score.

Kaycee has been killing it lately. Is she the dark horse for F2? I wouldn't mind if it were her and Tyler. Not sure he would win over her even with all the help production's been giving him.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, green said:

So what Tyler said in the end we don't know any more than what the others said as well.  All of these good-bye messages run a lot lot longer than we see.  He may have done better in the full message or he may have screwed it up.  We just can't tell.

I get the feeling if Tyler would've said "I'm part of a four-person alliance called Level 6," we'd have seen it. The power app is okay, but "outing" Level 6 would show people in the jury house that it's not just random people they need to have a grudge against, it's an organized alliance. I have a feeling if anyone had "outed" Level 6, we'd have seen it.

If they spring the existence of Level 6 on the jury on finale night, they may end up with a Dom/Wendell situation from Survivor (who was in control? that person does not get my vote). That's good for Kaycee and Brett, but probably not Tyler or Angela (who made moves and seemingly have more control in that alliance).

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I wouldn't mind if it were her and Tyler. Not sure he would win over her even with all the help production's been giving him.

I'm confused by comments like this. Other than the power app that he won in the first week (that ended up affecting absolutely nothing since he didn't use it), what special treatment has he received from production? 

1 minute ago, icemiser69 said:

IIRC, some professional wrestlers used to do that.  Just an effort to "enhance" the definition of the abdominal muscles.

How vain do you have to be to put make up on your abs? I can sort of understand wrestlers and people who need to show off their bodies for a living doing it, but to hang around in the Big Brother house? Not necessary. Maybe they're just *that* bored?

• Love 6

After a bit of searching this is fairly close to what Scottie said at his outgoing speech:

"Julie, first of all, I still don't know if we're hanging out again tonight. My friends told me ...(muted by production) ... I can't make any plans. Secondly, I think you all know the right move and the smart move and I hope that you make it. If you don't, then you can suck it, except for Tyler because he's already getting a steady diet of that Hilton Head ... (muted by production and the camera pans away so unable to lip read if he said anything else)

Edited by aurora296
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, North of Eden said:

None of them panned out the way Alison Grodner obviously hoped they would.

That's true, but at least we got to see a self-professed psychic fail to assemble the easiest puzzle BB has yet thrown at their contestants ... as much as I hate these annoying twists, that's a memory I'll cherish forever.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, green said:

This is from the spoiler thread but it isn't a spoiler since all this was seen on the TV episode here and is just the transcript of what we all saw/heard on TV before the techie could reach the mute button.  According to some people who can lip read, the bleeped out stuff we saw was to use Hilton Head (Angela's home and where Tyler comes down to lifeguard in the summer for the past few years) and link it to another "head" (if you catch my drift) in a pathetically bizarre attempt to look like a "cool kid" from the "virgin" Scottie who was not only gross but even managed to get who sucks whom wrong. 

First off - I totally missed all that and have not been on the feeds threads much.  Secondly - I looked up Hilton head in the urban dictionary and it is in there as a great bj.  I think Angela being from Hilton Head is a coincidence or are we thinking that she and Tyler may have already known each other?  I hope it's not another Paul/Christmas/Raven thing.

1 hour ago, ashleylm said:

That's true, but at least we got to see a self-professed psychic fail to assemble the easiest puzzle BB has yet thrown at their contestants ... as much as I hate these annoying twists, that's a memory I'll cherish forever.

So true!  She didn't see anything coming!

• Love 1

Hilton Head is a very famous resort town and has been around for way longer than some made up urban dictionary that is here today and gone tomorrow though I imagine Scottie thought he was being "clever" by melding the two together since everyone in the house is very well aware that it is Angela's hometown and Tyler's summer (lifeguard) home.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

How vain do you have to be to put make up on your abs?

In a society where “Jersey Shore” regularly rated #1 in the P12-34 demographic, do you really want an answer to this question?  :P

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I liked Scottie right up to that bullshit interview with Julie.

”Julie, Tyler is a coward who just does what everyone tells him to do”.

I liked how Julie kind of low-key called him out about that. "Is that being a coward, or is that playing the game?"

Tyler's still in there; and Scottie's been bounced twice. So....

• Love 8
6 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Was Haleigh applying make-up to her abs?  No wonder they look so good!  (But not as good as Angela's...)

Thank God I'm not the only one who noticed that! It definitely looked like she was contouring her stomach. Talk about vain.

6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I would have to have my own private stash of food.  There is no way that I am going to eat out of a community cereal box that other house guests have pawed through.  Plus, in that house the house guests have to know by now those who actually washes their hands, and those who just love to spread those nasty germs.

I'm not a huge germ person. It wasn't eating out of a communal box that flummoxed me. But Honey Bunches of Oats? It's not like Fruit Loops or Frosted Mini Wheats, where you can get whole, solid pieces in your hands. It's all flaky and crumbly and just seems like a giant mess. 

I obviously put way too much thought into this. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Thank God I'm not the only one who noticed that! It definitely looked like she was contouring her stomach. Talk about vain.

I'm not a huge germ person. It wasn't eating out of a communal box that flummoxed me. But Honey Bunches of Oats? It's not like Fruit Loops or Frosted Mini Wheats, where you can get whole, solid pieces in your hands. It's all flaky and crumbly and just seems like a giant mess. 

I obviously put way too much thought into this. 

I think she just grabbed the box to look like she was really chilling on the couch, and not with Ty in bed. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I think Angela being from Hilton Head is a coincidence or are we thinking that she and Tyler may have already known each other?

They definitely don't know each other.  In the first episode when they were all introducing themselves, Tyler had a DR where he was worried that people might think they knew each other and target them.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

In a society where “Jersey Shore” regularly rated #1 in the P12-34 demographic, do you really want an answer to this question?  :P

Ok, I unabashedly LOVE Jersey Shore lmao.  It's the ultimate brain candy....no thinking required. But the Situation never had to paint his abs on.  *looks snootily in Haleigh's direction*

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Haha! I am amused.   The look on Tyler's face!

I was too. Was it in poor taste? Probably. But who really cares.

I found it infinitely more interesting than the usual "this has been the most amazing experience, like, everrrr, and I love you all soooooo sooo much. You are all the most amazing human beings this planet has ever known."

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, aurora296 said:

If you don't, then you can suck it, except for Tyler because he's already getting a steady diet of that Hilton Head ... (muted by production and the camera pans away so unable to lip read if he said anything else)

I'm still not quite sure why this was bleeped at 9PM. It used no curse words, only slang, and the insult itself never called out anyone by name. There was no indecency (except in the imagined act) -- heck "dicking" is worse, as is "suck it." There was no real slander either, except by implication (they cut to Tyler, not Angela).

I didn't think it was particularly nice, but this should've easily passed the censors, I think. "A steady diet of that Hilton Head" isn't indecent out of context -- it just makes no sense. I suppose they would've rather erred on the side of caution, but I'm not sure I love the precedent. This didn't air during the family hour.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I was too. Was it in poor taste? Probably. But who really cares.

I found it infinitely more interesting than the usual "this has been the most amazing experience, like, everrrr, and I love you all soooooo sooo much. You are all the most amazing human beings this planet has ever known."

Just my opinion but I'd rather have the usual Oscar acceptance speeches (and I HATE those) than have a man make up a story (even in jest) about a woman giving out blowjobs.   

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Just my opinion but I'd rather have the usual Oscar acceptance speeches (and I HATE those) than have a man make up a story (even in jest) about a woman giving out blowjobs.   

My standards for reality television shows is a lot lower than yours, especially one that allows people such as JC to still play it.

• Love 3

Looking at Derrick last night, I noticed that he has a very square head. Once I saw it, it was all I could see ! Part of it ( probably a big part ) was that haircut, but his face is also very square and straight-- it's almost like a comic book artist drew up a guy & then someone printed him out on one of those 3-D printers. It's something I've never noticed before-- maybe he had a different hairstyle when he was on the show.

As for the current game, I've kind of lost interest until we start getting Level 6 members evicted. So of course Kaycee won HOH. Another game involving skill with a ball, with a (professional ?) ball player in the mix ?? No, this game isn't rigged AT ALL !!

• Love 2

Seriously? How on earth would playing football give anybody an advantage in that comp? Football doesn't involve slowly rolling a ball down a board while trying to navigate curves and getting the ball to land in a hole.  If anything, a comp like this would benefit people with steady hands, like an artist or a dentist or someone who works with small parts.  I get that people don't like L6 but saying that this comp was rigged for Kaycee is just ridiculous.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Let's go?? I guess? Man they blew through that comp... it was obviosuly too easy, should have had more open edged turns and such I guess. Good testing there BB.

Going into double elimination week, they had to be absolutely sure that the comp would be over quickly and no time would come out of the next episode for it (even though it tips off the HG's).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Seriously? How on earth would playing football give anybody an advantage in that comp? Football doesn't involve slowly rolling a ball down a board while trying to navigate curves and getting the ball to land in a hole.  If anything, a comp like this would benefit people with steady hands, like an artist or a dentist or someone who works with small parts.  I get that people don't like L6 but saying that this comp was rigged for Kaycee is just ridiculous.

I don't think the comp was rigged for Kaycee, but given her skill set (see live feed info below) I knew she had a good shot at winning.  They've had many comps that are similar to this one in the past.

ETA:  I don't see TPTB rigging anything in L6's favor at this point.  From a "good tv" perspective, I'm sure they (like many viewers) would love a non-L6 HOH to shake things up, lol.

Spoiler

Kaycee is the reigning Foosball champ in the house - a game that requires good hand/eye coordination.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, willco said:

Looking at Derrick last night, I noticed that he has a very square head. Once I saw it, it was all I could see ! Part of it ( probably a big part ) was that haircut, but his face is also very square and straight-- it's almost like a comic book artist drew up a guy & then someone printed him out on one of those 3-D printers. It's something I've never noticed before-- maybe he had a different hairstyle when he was on the show.

I was distracted by how small his face is compared to how big his head is. It was like--tiny little face with a lot of empty room around it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Merrilin said:

I'm not hearing Hilton Head at all in his speech.  I heard "You can all suck it.  Except for Tyler, who's already getting a steady diet of that."

Hilton Head came right after that sentence.  The part where the tech muted things but people could still lip read what Scottie was saying.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Scottie is really the epitome of this: 

I was thinking the same thing, even looks a bit like Scottie. I use to love this video, back in the good old days when MTV played videos! 

6 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I cannot imagine how playing football would be an advantage. Maybe a bowler or golfer. 

• Love 1