Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Elizabeth Olson

Netta Leven
  • Start Topic

Hi.  I'm the typical, hard-working Southern girl who has no time for lazy people.

She sounds like a true fan, because she went all the way back to Africa to name Tom as one of her favorites, followed by Sandra from Pearl Islands.  So at least it sounds like she actually applied.  So I'm a tentative fan for that reason and hope she at least makes the jury.

I'm here for that bathing suit and hat combo.

Speaking of which, Davie has a lucky Davy Crockett hat, and she has a hat that she wore for a C-section.  Perhaps a future theme involving hat wearers in the future?

I'd love it if Probst insults her hat and she tells him where he can shove it.

Edited by LadyChatts

Tonight I was wondering whether Elizabeth going to bat for Lyrsa would inadvertently shift the target to her.  I'm glad she was able to successfully save her friend and get someone in an opposing tight alliance out.  She made a great case for Jess leaving without overdoing it.  I have enjoyed her so far, and she definitely doesn't seem like she'll take crap from anyone, but also seems smart about how to play her hand.  We'll see if that continues to be the case, but color me impressed.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Agreed.  She seems quite astute and common sense about people things for her age.  Way more mature and knowledgeabe than I was.  So far I like her and I think she will have a lot to offer the game, more so than Lyrsa so I hope she stays.  I hate it when the players that are good/interesting end up going home and the boring players stay.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, marys1000 said:

Agreed.  She seems quite astute and common sense about people things for her age.  Way more mature and knowledgeabe than I was.  So far I like her and I think she will have a lot to offer the game, more so than Lyrsa so I hope she stays.  I hate it when the players that are good/interesting end up going home and the boring players stay.  

Pretty much sums up last season for me.

• Love 2

This girl is S-M-A-R-T smart.  I never in my wildest dreams expected her to be such a gamer.  She really played Alec perfectly.  My fear is people might come around and realize she's too good at the game and she gets voted off for that.  Also, Alec does worry me in that he might be unpredictable, and I don't know if Davie/Carl-who were blindsided by Elizabeth, but thankfully believe it was Gabby's doing-might be David strong in the long term.  I don't know, I find that tribe a toss up at this point!

I do hope she makes it to the merge at least!  I'll think she'll be entertaining at Ponderosa.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I do hope she makes it to the merge at least!  I'll think she'll be entertaining at Ponderosa.

See, and I think she will be boring in Ponderosa. She is a Christian, Conservative, mother of three which does not scream to me as someone who is going to be fun at Ponderosa. She seems to be a nice enough person and is playing a good game but I suspect that she will be quiet at Ponderosa and not likely to jump in on any shenanigans or do much that is going to be fun. I don't think she is going to be annoying or preachy or anything along those lines, I just don't think she would do anything all that exciting. 

Just wanted to comment on her occupation chyron.  It says "Kitchen staff."  Why not Food Service or Chef or Bus Person or Server or Dishwasher or whatever?  Kitchen staff just seems weird to me.

Having said that, she's got a lot of game, I like her, and I don't care about her politics.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Special K said:

Just wanted to comment on her occupation chyron.  It says "Kitchen staff."  Why not Food Service or Chef or Bus Person or Server or Dishwasher or whatever?  Kitchen staff just seems weird to me.

Having said that, she's got a lot of game, I like her, and I don't care about her politics.

I don't either, and I don't see where she's been flaunting in the game.  And if she is conservative, who cares?  

See, and I think she will be boring in Ponderosa. She is a Christian, Conservative, mother of three which does not scream to me as someone who is going to be fun at Ponderosa. 

I don't really see how any of those examples means she can't be fun.  I was judging more by her personality, which I'm enjoying the most out of any of the ladies so far.  Natalie I'm intrigued by, but the other ladies are just invisible or one note.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

And if she is conservative, who cares?  

I mean, I care, like if she's gonna be my friend or something. But in this case, I care less, as long as she continues to be what she's been and doesn't reveal any unsavory sides.

Also, she hates Trump, so there's that lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, I care, like if she's gonna be my friend or something. But in this case, I care less, as long as she continues to be what she's been and doesn't reveal any unsavory sides.

Also, she hates Trump, so there's that lol.

(Shrugs) I have friends who are Libreal and Conservative and everything in between. I don’t have to agree wiht them on politics to enjoy spending time with them. As long as they are good to people and not assholes, I don’t really care. 

6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't either, and I don't see where she's been flaunting in the game.  And if she is conservative, who cares?  

I don't really see how any of those examples means she can't be fun.  I was judging more by her personality, which I'm enjoying the most out of any of the ladies so far.  Natalie I'm intrigued by, but the other ladies are just invisible or one note.

She has one of the more distinct personalities out there and is very out going. I am sure she would be pleseant to spend time with, especially if there are horses around, but I don’t see that as translating to making for good TV at Pondeosa. I guess I am thinking of the Dragons and other Ponderosa fun stuff, normally involving booze and the pool and general silliness. I suspect that she would be welcoming, but I can’t see her making hats for everyone. She would be fun to watch if they returned to doing some of the travellogues with the Ponderosa bound folks because I can see her embracing the newness of Fijian culture. The problem is they stopped showing us things like that when they started shooting everything in Fiji.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

She has one of the more distinct personalities out there and is very out going. I am sure she would be pleseant to spend time with, especially if there are horses around, but I don’t see that as translating to making for good TV at Pondeosa. I guess I am thinking of the Dragons and other Ponderosa fun stuff, normally involving booze and the pool and general silliness. I suspect that she would be welcoming, but I can’t see her making hats for everyone. She would be fun to watch if they returned to doing some of the travellogues with the Ponderosa bound folks because I can see her embracing the newness of Fijian culture. The problem is they stopped showing us things like that when they started shooting everything in Fiji.

I don't know if there will ever be a Ponderosa as fun as HvsV or Micronesia.  I think WA was a fun one at first, but a lot of the fun footage was edited out (Joe, Jenn, Hali, and Tyler did a music video that, from photos, was probably a good old fashioned fun train wreck) and then turned into a downer with the drama and just the boring castaways showing up.  

Elizabeth did flip the camera off in the group photo, so maybe she's got a much looser side to her.  She may decide to live it up before going home to her kids.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Elizabeth did flip the camera off in the group photo, so maybe she's got a much looser side to her.  She may decide to live it up before going home to her kids.

Her twitter is pretty funny. I mean I only looked at like maybe 10 tweets, but still. This one had me rolling:

• Love 4

I'm just now getting interested enough to read her bio.  I'm not sure why anyone would call her conservative because she sounds just the opposite to me.

She's 31 and has three kids, I would have guessed her at about twenty!  Now, I'm just sorry she didn't make it a little further in the game, I would have been interested in seeing her family member during the loved ones episode. 

• Love 2
On 11/9/2018 at 8:14 AM, ProfCrash said:

She described herself as Conservative when she was talking to Kara.

I still think that's debatable lol. The way I remember the scene she was talking about being raised conservative and then she mentioned how she was very different from her family, which to me suggests she probably isn't conservative. And her twitter makes it clear imo that she is not.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still think that's debatable lol. The way I remember the scene she was talking about being raised conservative and then she mentioned how she was very different from her family, which to me suggest she probably isn't conservative. And her twitter makes it clear imo that she is not.

Same here; as I recall that conversation I had the distinct impression Elizabeth was saying her family was the conservative bunch, and she was the oddball.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Nashville said:

Same here; as I recall that conversation I had the distinct impression Elizabeth was saying her family was the conservative bunch, and she was the oddball.

I'm glad someone else interrupted it that way. I considered going back and rewatching it, but I'm too lazy for that lol.

• Love 3