Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Four Episode Talk

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I've not seen either of the Anchorman movies, so...*Shrugs*. Eh. 

You haven't missed much.  Other than a tag line that became part of the vernacular ("You stay classy, San Diego") and the weird fight scene with a lot of cameos like Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, and Tim Robbins, there's nothing memorable at all.

Will Ferrell is incredibly overrated, and that's by people who don't think much of him.

Edited by meowmommy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Oh, my, so that's the entire show?  All right, then.

4 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I am trying to think of someone who truly would deserve secret billing as A Very Special Guest on multiple networks, and nobody comes readily to mind.  

Maybe if their initials are B.O.?  Other than that...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Yes!

As a hockey fan I agree with you. Bobby Orr would make a great guest.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I just FF'd through it on my DVR and it appears so. Niecy Nash was listed as the other guest on Titan TV,  the Uverse on screen guide and I had seen her in promos for the show this week. I guess she may have cancelled for some reason. The Ron Burgundy stuff was just a segment on Seth Meyer and Jimmy Kimmel's shows. I didn't check to see how long it went on during Fallon and Corden's shows. 

2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I just FF'd through it on my DVR and it appears so. Niecy Nash was listed as the other guest on Titan TV,  the Uverse on screen guide and I had seen her in promos for the show this week. I guess she may have cancelled for some reason. The Ron Burgundy stuff was just a segment on Seth Meyer and Jimmy Kimmel's shows. I didn't check to see how long it went on during Fallon and Corden's shows. 

Kimmel just had him for "a brief" segment.  (I think he's over-rated too.)

• Love 2

That's who I was thinking it might be.

3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

You haven't missed much.  Other than a tag line that became part of the vernacular ("You stay classy, San Diego") and the weird fight scene with a lot of cameos like Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, and Tim Robbins, there's nothing memorable at all.

Will Ferrell is incredibly overrated, and that's by people who don't think much of him.

Yeah, I've just never really followed Ferrell's career much in general. The only movie of his I've actually seen is Elf, and that's 'cause my sister likes it (but not because of Ferrell specifically, she just likes the general story and whatnot). And I've seen the infamous snippet from Old School where he's running around naked, and occasional segments from when he was on 'SNL". And that's about it. I've just never really had an opinion on him and his comedy one way or another. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I've not seen either of the Anchorman movies, so...*Shrugs*. Eh. 

I haven't been a fan of Will Ferrell movies.  One film I thought he was fine in was "Stranger than Fiction" -- his attempt at being a more serious actor.  The film had an interesting premise.  I recommend it (available on Amazon Prime) for those who are curious.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, grawlix said:

One film I thought he was fine in was "Stranger than Fiction" -- his attempt at being a more serious actor.

I forgot about that movie.  I love that movie.  Probably because he's about as un-Will Ferrellish as you can get, and Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman are in it.

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  Stephen or the producers?  They all need a conk on the head.

55 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Well, I was hoping for Bob Odenkirk, but...

Now there's a dream lineup.  Barack Obama, Bobby Orr (the greatest ever, screw Gretzky), and Bob Odenkirk.  I'd watch every second.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Now there's a dream lineup.  Barack Obama, Bobby Orr (the greatest ever, screw Gretzky), and Bob Odenkirk.  I'd watch every second.

I’m agnostic on hockey, but I’m all in for BO & BO. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ahisma said:

A marathon for Will, but I don't know how he pulled it off. I've seen people do consecutive nights but never the same.

I figure it was pre-taped, so not all done on the actual same night.

As for WHY he was there, all I can think is that Ferrell paid them and it was product placement.

Most boring LSSC ever.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, ahisma said:

Who was also on Seth Meyers as well? A marathon for Will, but I don't know how he pulled it off. I've seen people do consecutive nights but never the same.

Ron Burgandy was taped, he and Stephen joked about him wearing a turtleneck on August 8.  

I didn’t like the stand up part, but I thought the interview was hilarious. I gotta day, he was better on Fallon.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen

Goodness! Hubby and I assumed, incorrectly it seems, that the scheduled guest cancelled at the last minute  and "Ron Burgundy" stepped in as a favor. It was awful! Unsuccessful. Tedious. He should have just let the band play! I would watch that forever.

• Love 9

Either Cate Blanchett . . .

• has fabulous style
  • has a fabulous stylist
  • is considered to be fabulous by stylists so they make her look good

*will post picture later of her wonderfully designed yellow blouse that goes with her hair and her glowing complexion

No wonder SC is smitten.

*Hope this displays at an appropriate resolution:

image.jpeg

Edited by shapeshifter
Added pic
  • Love 5

I loved his reaction to her saying he looked young :D. And leave it to him to immediately get all LOTR with her. Hee. 

Good monologue tonight, too. I laughed at, "The Republican healthcare plan is a cookbook!" 

(Also, oh, Biden...)

• Love 4

That was a good interview. She's absolutely right with her "occupant" comments. Yes. Such a classy response. 

I'm really glad when we get to hear from people like her and other members of Congress who share her mindset. With all the hellish news we hear each day, it's nice to be reminded there are some sane, rational people out there trying to fix and deal with these problems.

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 4

I enjoyed listening to interviews of two amazing women of color, back to back tonight. 🙂

3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

That was a good interview. She's absolutely right with her "occupant" comments. Yes. Such a classy response. 

Completely agree, great response.

I don’t watch Trump rallies, so I only catch bits and pieces from the news and late night shows. About the clips Colbert showed during the monologue - what the hell was Trump even talking about? 

“I love trucks of all types - even when I was a little boy at 4-years-old. I’ve always loved trucks, nothing changes.”

And then the weird, disjointed comment about windmills killing birds and knocking out power so people can’t watch his rally... wtf? I’m glad we have Colbert to make some sense of it all 😂

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

About the clips Colbert showed during the monologue - what the hell was Trump even talking about? 

“I love trucks of all types - even when I was a little boy at 4-years-old. I’ve always loved trucks, nothing changes.”

And then the weird, disjointed comment about windmills killing birds and knocking out power so people can’t watch his rally... wtf?

I have lost count of how many times I've said some variant of, "...what?!?!" during so many of those kinds of clips these past few years. It's enough to make one's head hurt. 

I liked Stephen's response to the idea of not being able to watch the rallies :D. 

• Love 5

"I can believe he's the product of inbreeding." OMG Stephen, I love you :D. 

(Seriously, everyone I would like to deeply apologize, on behalf of my district and Iowa in general, for Steve King.)

That story about the proposed street name in New York is beautiful and I want that to happen, too. 

• Love 12
On August 15, 2019 at 10:50 PM, Annber03 said:

"I can believe he's the product of inbreeding." OMG Stephen, I love you :D. 

(Seriously, everyone I would like to deeply apologize, on behalf of my district and Iowa in general, for Steve King

SC's inbreeding joke fell flat for me because it's the opposite of those of us whose ancestors include rapists of different ethnic groups, and I was still reeling from hearing some dude who was elected to some office claiming that I wouldn't want to abort my rapist's baby because — IDK—we really need more psychos in the country or something??? (rhetorical question).

• Love 2