S13.E06: Jump Split Reckoning

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL @CaseyRe, don't give me too much credit, I have reasons for who I remember:

Victoria & Dayton...we all know them

Brennan...because she's Brennan :)

Bridget, because I think she's the prettiest

Caroline, because I saw a picture of her after finals and something about her face reminded me of my all time favorite, Meredith

Hannah, because she has a unique look

Daphne, because I think she's a dead ringer for former DCC Hannah

Rachel from her pageant pictures

Malena, because she's been featured so much

Gabby is easy since she's the only Asian rookie candidate

Jalyn, because of her hair color

Now that you mention it I can see it too. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sister Tab said:
On 9/10/2018 at 8:02 PM, ByTor said:

Caroline, because I saw a picture of her after finals and something about her face reminded me of my all time favorite, Meredith

Now that you mention it I can see it too. 

I'm so glad to hear someone else sees this too, I was wondering if my eyes were going nuts :)

• Love 1

I’m a lawyer and no way a law student could be a DCC.  Way too much work especially the 1st year.  By the second year my students have internships or they’re working as law clerks.  My law school we could not have a job at all the first year.  

I’ve never heard of a DCC going to law school after they left.  I’m not saying they couldn’t just never heard of it. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, while first year is the worst by far, the second year is super busy with on-campus interviews for summer clerkships and follow-up interviews taking up lots of time. Then, most people are also involved in journals and/or moot court, and grades are still very important because most firms hand out permanent job offers at the end of the summer before the third year. 

For the record, I’m not really expecting DCCs know all of this (only reason I do is because I experienced it, and I’m not sure that I wouldn’t choose a different path of I had to do it over lol), but in general, the fake “we’re so supportive of education, and we want well-rounded women with careers” is such bs. They want people who live and breath DCC. That’s perfectly fine to want that, but spare me the superficial suppprtive comments!

Definitely agree. I basically just studied, went to class, went to my law job and cried the first two years of law school. Absolutely intense. Notice how I didn't mention sleep or eating - not a lot of that happened. It was pretty intense.  

No way I could have devoted 5/6 hours a night and game days + extra activities into that schedule. Something would have had to give. I mean, you could have been a DCC but there is no way you would have gotten marks high enough to actually *do* anything with your degree after you graduated. I know lots of people who got mediocre marks and struggled (and are still struggling) to get jobs. The market is tough and there are plenty of fantastic candidates out there for firms to choose from. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, autumdusk said:

The market is tough and there are plenty of fantastic candidates out there for firms to choose from. 

You are absolutely correct.  During my working years as a legal secretary at a "top" firm, they only interviewed the top 2% of any class. Special consideration was given to those serving as clerks for "important" judges.  

• Love 1

Tootie, thank you so much for posting the pics of the rookies!  Amber, Bridget, Lily, Taylor J, Taylor T......WHO???  I never knew there was a Hannah until this episode and even then I was like, "oh, poor girl".  But apparently based on the comments regarding her dancing, she's a strong contender! 

As far as Malena being young and having a ton of time to establish her career, I have a different perspective.  I can envision her next interview.  HR: "Why did you leave your last position?"  Malena: "I tried out for the DCC's."  HR: "Oh, you made the team and had to resign?"  Malena:  "No, I was just auditioning and ultimately didn't make the team, which is why I'm now seeking employment."  HR in their head......"if you left that good of a job to go chasing after some pipe dream before it was even secured, you're probably going to do the exact same thing to me.  NEXT." 

• Love 7

Thanks for all the lawyers (and friend-of-lawyers) that your “lawyer by day, DCC by night” is both impossible, but also a stupid thing to say. One would have to have already graduated from law school before trying out  to accomplish this, and it makes her look super naive to even say it. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Collette1104 said:

Thanks for all the lawyers (and friend-of-lawyers) that your “lawyer by day, DCC by night” is both impossible, but also a stupid thing to say. One would have to have already graduated from law school before trying out  to accomplish this, and it makes her look super naive to even say it. 

Even then, it would be super reliant upon which form of law you went into because I don't know a single working lawyer (and admittedly that's only about 7) that could do their job and DCC. one is on 'mommy-track' for the rest of eternity because she 'only' works 60ish hour weeks after having her kid and has in three years requested time off once when her chld was hospitalised with viral meningitis and wow was she made to feel like crap about that by the firm. i mean, its potentially do-able, but kiss goodbye any good cases, any real career momentum because you won't be trusted, you won't be seen as giving all to the firm, and  so you're not an investment they want.  for most people, being a lawyer is not a 9-5 job and if you try to make it one, then zero career advancement and zero chances at a half decent firm.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Even then, it would be super reliant upon which form of law you went into because I don't know a single working lawyer (and admittedly that's only about 7) that could do their job and DCC. one is on 'mommy-track' for the rest of eternity because she 'only' works 60ish hour weeks after having her kid and has in three years requested time off once when her chld was hospitalised with viral meningitis and wow was she made to feel like crap about that by the firm. i mean, its potentially do-able, but kiss goodbye any good cases, any real career momentum because you won't be trusted, you won't be seen as giving all to the firm, and  so you're not an investment they want.  for most people, being a lawyer is not a 9-5 job and if you try to make it one, then zero career advancement and zero chances at a half decent firm.

My husband has been at his firm since 8am, it’s 6:20, he hasn’t even left the office yet.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

My husband has been at his firm since 8am, it’s 6:20, he hasn’t even left the office yet.

yup.  Being a lawyer is seriously hard work and it's not just M-F either.

I'm a huge fan of education and I'd love to see the DCC really promote education and it's importance, but it's the falseness of how they're doing it that is really irritating.  Zero common sense, no real support and just 'look how good this makes our brand look' PR

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Yeah, I worked for lawyers at a large firm on the evening/night shift for 24 years!  Enough said.

4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Yep, and really, legal work is unpredictable and goes up and down. There are some days when I can be monitoring and posting on the boards all day and not miss a beat at work, but then a big case will come in or my deadlines will all converge, and I'll bill 10-12 hour days for multiple days in a row. It's just how it is. I don't think this is limited to being a lawyer, but in general. In most corporate jobs, when there's work to be done, it has to be done. My sister works in HR, and she rarely ever leaves at 5, and don't get me started on my accountant/audit friends and the crazy hours they work during their busy seasons. You can't just skip out at 5 to drive across town, so you can make it to cheerleading practice 30 minutes early because its a cardinal sin if you're late.

10 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Tootie, thank you so much for posting the pics of the rookies!  Amber, Bridget, Lily, Taylor J, Taylor T......WHO???  I never knew there was a Hannah until this episode and even then I was like, "oh, poor girl".  But apparently based on the comments regarding her dancing, she's a strong contender! 

As far as Malena being young and having a ton of time to establish her career, I have a different perspective.  I can envision her next interview.  HR: "Why did you leave your last position?"  Malena: "I tried out for the DCC's."  HR: "Oh, you made the team and had to resign?"  Malena:  "No, I was just auditioning and ultimately didn't make the team, which is why I'm now seeking employment."  HR in their head......"if you left that good of a job to go chasing after some pipe dream before it was even secured, you're probably going to do the exact same thing to me.  NEXT." 

Yeah, agreed. Someone mentioned that she was rehired by SMU, so at least she could spin it that way if necessary - they liked and valued enough as an employee to hire her back even after she quit to pursue other opportunities.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1

I was out of town so I'm finally catching up! Something about watching Kelli tie the all important knot in the uniforms during fittings over and over just cracks me up. One thing I dislike every year is when she mentions that uniform fittings give her a chance to have some one on one time with each TCC and get to know them a little better. While I get what she's saying, EVERY YEAR I think well, you could create a way to do that outside of uniform fittings but you choose not to. Even if it was just a quick 5 minute session with each TCC, she could spend some non-rehearsal time with them and get to know them a little better. If she scheduled 3 TCCs before each rehearsal, she could have a quick chat with each one within the first few weeks of training camp.

I like watching uniform fittings because it's fun to see the TCCs look happy and excited (as opposed to tense, stressed out, confused by the choreography, nervous about getting called into Kelli's office, etc).

Malena quitting her job seemed like a terrible idea, especially so early in training camp. At least wait a few more weeks until you have a better idea if you'll make the team before you give up your job! Does she think this shows Kelli how committed she is to becoming a DCC?

Ahhh, the return of the nipple star/stripper tassel sports bras!

On 9/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, TinyHands said:

This totally doesn’t matter...but UCLA is on the quarter system, so it’s one of the few schools that gets out in June instead of May. I think that’s the only reason they did it. UCLA is extremely prestigious, but I think it was just the timing.

What I don't understand is how Daphne has been in training camp for three weeks now and she's missing her graduation now. Most schools have graduation immediately after finals week. So did she skip finals and the last few weeks of classes during her last quarter in college? Did she have a totally easy course load her last quarter with classes that had no finals?

On 9/7/2018 at 6:13 AM, CaseyRe said:

I was rolling my eyes the whole time. ability to do push ups doesn't mean you're fit.  there was no focus on the fact that most of the girls has awful form in the pushup and sit ups and were likely to hurt themselves, no strong held core at all, their plank position in the pushup was all over the shop, just dire, but all Jay cared about was the number, not whether that number was remotely attached to a properly executed move.  I can't run, I'm not allowed anymore because of my back and the structural implants but even before that, I was a sprinter not a distance runner and I coul improve distance a bit but it wasn't what my build was for, I have strong powerful legs, broad shoulders, carry a lot of muscle.  that's a sprinter, not a distance runner, situps are bad for your back, you shouldn't do them that much esp not hte way he had the girls doing it, jerking around, crunches are better. according to Jay, I'd be the least fit person ont he planet.  but put me on a bike or in a pool and i'll leave you in my dust.  a proper fitness test would involve their o2 consumption, their recovery time, their pulse rate.  not this BS.  genuinely surprised nobody got hurt

I have a lot of issues with Jay, but this is a major one. Fitness and exercise are like dance - you need to use proper technique if you want to avoid injury. As a trainer your first priority should always be clean technique so that no one gets hurt. And as was also mentioned, the tests he did are not indicative of overall fitness or the kind of fitness that a DCC should have. Yes, you need cardio for endurance to get through game day. Yes, you need core strength for a lot of dance moves. But sit ups and running a mile don't prove that you have either. Different types of activity/workouts produce different results. For example, my sister was a competitive gymnast so she was used to warming up with 100 sit ups, 100 v ups, and 100 push ups before she started her actual workouts. When we did Presidential Fitness Testing, she did more chin ups than any of the boys in her entire grade. What does that prove? Nothing. It was a result of the type of exercise she was used to doing. Was it at all helpful to her in ballet or her other dance classes? Nope. You can pick any repetitive exercise and ask a bunch of people to do it, but the results don't necessarily indicate the level of their overall fitness.

On 9/8/2018 at 2:36 AM, dreamcatcher said:

I agree SO much. Which is why I hate their mentality that girls themselves are nobodies and it’s the name dcc that does everything. Yes, it’s a well known team, but good luck staying iconic and never equalled with a team solely comprised of girls like Morgan, Savvanah, Yuko, VK, blonde Taylor, Ericas (the attitude part only) etc. and dcc have nothing to do with Daphne graduating from UCLA or girls becoming doctors or lawyers.

Re:being a lawyer. Not sure how it is in the US, but I can’t imagine anyone hiring or taking seriously a female lawyer who has posed for a swimsuit calendar and has multiple photos and videos dancing in underwear. Not that this is in any way fair, but this is a conservative area filled with men.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:05 PM, ATLGirl said:

I was giving the lawyer/dancer situation some thought. I would imagine that in Dallas, a female lawyer with that in her background would be lauded as someone who had ambition and did something hard. They love their Cowboys and that's a big deal to make the squad.

In other states, I could see it being less impressive. Back in the 90s, I worked with a woman executive who was an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader and nobody thought less of her for doing it. She was very sweet and confident. But they are not nearly as good as the DCC, imho, and the time commitment was not as great.

Now if you were a female lawyer trying to run for a judgeship (some states elect their judges instead of appointments) or district attorney, it might be a little more complicated. Maybe I'm wrong.

Kimberly Guilfoyle married Gavin Newsom when he was the city manager of San Francisco. They were still married when he became the mayor. Because of his political positions, they were pretty high profile locally and it was well known that she had modeled in lingerie and bathing suits (including for Victoria's Secret). but she was able to work as an assistant DA without any issues (and she was a prosecutor in a really high profile case). Not exactly the same thing as being a DCC and the internet wasn't as prolific with pictures from your past 15-20 years ago as it is now, but still.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:31 PM, sleepyjean said:

The fake graduation thing doesn't bother me. It was silly and staged, just like everything else that happens off the field/outside of the studio. This show has been around long enough that they are pressed to come up with these little vignettes to keep each season fresh and new. Daphne knew the schedule and the commitment required and she was fine with it.  I'm not going to be more bothered about it than she is.

I was about to say that I can see why the DCC organization would choose not to make an exception in this case...these women are of an age when there are lots of graduations and lots of weddings. If you allow it for one, you open the door for all the others, and it quickly leads to a situation where there is always someone missing from rehearsal, and girls get behind on learning the new dances and it turns into a mess. Some businesses go out of their way to accommodate a potential employee's personal life, but many don't give a crap whatsoever. I don't expect the Cowboys to be particularly magnanimous.

...That's what I was going to say...and then I remembered that they let Yuko miss a day of rehearsal when she was in her rookie training camp, and there goes my whole argument.

They also let Jinelle miss some time in training camp, but of course she was ill, and what with being a veteran, and a legend at that...I guess their absence policy has plenty of flexibility in it, when they feel like exercising it.

On 9/9/2018 at 3:33 AM, rose711 said:

The Visa these girls get is a special performers visa. This is the same type of visa that international actors or models or sports stars get to work here. (At least that’s what it should be)

It doesn’t require sponsorship in the same sense as a H1B1 lottery visa.

Having a job with the DCC is probably the only way Janelle or Yuko could obtain one. 

The paragraph you quoted is only about traveling for auditions, not for working. These girls can’t get a work visa if they don’t have a job and are just auditioning. Both Japan and Australia have relatively easy 90 day visa programs with the US for travel. So it’s easy to come to the US for auditions.

Once they are in training camp, they need to get a visa so they can stay and work. That’s the special performers visa the DCC need to support or for international girls there is no point in auditioning and taking a spot in training camp.

I think a lot of people don't have a clear understanding of the visa situation or that they just remember Yuko and Jinelle being "allowed" to miss part of training camp, so thank you for all that, @rose711. I remember explaining Yuko's visa process when it originally happened because people were acting like she just decided to go on vacation or something when she was actually doing something that was necessary in order to become a DCC. Anyone can come to the United States on a tourist visa which is pretty easy to get, but if you are going to be paid to do something, you MUST apply for a different type of visa. There are several different types of work visas you can get but as Rose said, it's most likely that Yuko applied for a performer visa (which is different from a sponsored work visa which requires the employer to guarantee three years at their job). You then have to return to your home country so that you can come back to the United States on your new visa. If I recall correctly, in the case of the performer visa, you submit the request and then the Japanese government informs you when your appointment is and that's when you need to show up at the office, so the timing was out of Yuko's hands.

It's also worth noting that when Jinelle missed the beginning of training camp, she had been hospitalized. It wasn't just "I have a headache so I'm not coming to rehearsal."

On 9/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, Jess14 said:

I’m an attorney, and no, it can’t be done, and the law school would likely not allow it. You could perhaps manage it the third year. I had an incredible amount of free time that last year, but year one - you have no control over your class schedule, the amount of reading is incredible, and you actually have to read and prepare for class because you don’t know when you’re going to get called on by the professor. There’s an effort to change the way grading works and is perceived, but when I was in law school, grades are basically all that matters the first year. Anyone devoting that amount of time to something other than school, like DCC, wouldn’t be taken seriously. 

Same applies for medical school x2. Masters programs might be doable with DCC, depending on the program. 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:35 PM, Lexusprincess said:

I’m a lawyer and no way a law student could be a DCC.  Way too much work especially the 1st year.  By the second year my students have internships or they’re working as law clerks.  My law school we could not have a job at all the first year.  

I’ve never heard of a DCC going to law school after they left.  I’m not saying they couldn’t just never heard of it. 

11 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

When Mr. EB was in law school, his entire class was told that they were not allowed to work their first year. The only work they were allowed to consider were summer internships when class after their first year. The wishy washy way that girl said she was thinking about going to law school reminded me of when I see interviews with Hollywood actresses/celebrities who say that if they weren't famous, they would be pediatricians or veterinarians. It's easy to say that's your Sliding Doors career when you haven't taken o-chem or the MCAT, but go ahead and fantasize about cuddling babies or petting puppies. I'm not saying they're not smart enough to do it, just that they seem to be putting the cart in front of the horse the same way that little kids say that they want to be astronauts before they find out how hard it is to actually become an astronaut.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Something about watching Kelli tie the all important knot in the uniforms during fittings over and over just cracks me up.

I always wait to hear the inevitable rrrrrriiiiippppp one day when Kelli ties it too tight :)

Malena quitting her job seemed like a terrible idea, especially so early in training camp. At least wait a few more weeks until you have a better idea if you'll make the team before you give up your job! Does she think this shows Kelli how committed she is to becoming a DCC?

I think that's exactly what she thought & figured it would tremendously impress Kelli & give her an edge.  We'll just have to wait and see if it did.

it's most likely that Yuko applied for a performer visa (which is different from a sponsored work visa which requires the employer to guarantee three years at their job).

Isn't this Yuko's third year?  If she leaves after this year...hmmmm....

• Love 2
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

Well that solves the mystery as to why her name didn’t appear on the SMU website! 

Such a mess!!! Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't quit my job to prove something to a potential boss that can't even remember how to say my easy to pronounce name

• Love 16
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was out of town so I'm finally catching up! Something about watching Kelli tie the all important knot in the uniforms during fittings over and over just cracks me up. One thing I dislike every year is when she mentions that uniform fittings give her a chance to have some one on one time with each TCC and get to know them a little better. While I get what she's saying, EVERY YEAR I think well, you could create a way to do that outside of uniform fittings but you choose not to. Even if it was just a quick 5 minute session with each TCC, she could spend some non-rehearsal time with them and get to know them a little better. If she scheduled 3 TCCs before each rehearsal, she could have a quick chat with each one within the first few weeks of training camp.

I like watching uniform fittings because it's fun to see the TCCs look happy and excited (as opposed to tense, stressed out, confused by the choreography, nervous about getting called into Kelli's office, etc).

Ahhh, the return of the nipple star/stripper tassel sports bras!

What I don't understand is how Daphne has been in training camp for three weeks now and she's missing her graduation now. Most schools have graduation immediately after finals week. So did she skip finals and the last few weeks of classes during her last quarter in college? Did she have a totally easy course load her last quarter with classes that had no finals?

I have a lot of issues with Jay, but this is a major one. Fitness and exercise are like dance - you need to use proper technique if you want to avoid injury. As a trainer your first priority should always be clean technique so that no one gets hurt. And as was also mentioned, the tests he did are not indicative of overall fitness or the kind of fitness that a DCC should have. Yes, you need cardio for endurance to get through game day. Yes, you need core strength for a lot of dance moves. But sit ups and running a mile don't prove that you have either. Different types of activity/workouts produce different results. For example, my sister was a competitive gymnast so she was used to warming up with 100 sit ups, 100 v ups, and 100 push ups before she started her actual workouts. When we did Presidential Fitness Testing, she did more chin ups than any of the boys in her entire grade. What does that prove? Nothing. It was a result of the type of exercise she was used to doing. Was it at all helpful to her in ballet or her other dance classes? Nope. You can pick any repetitive exercise and ask a bunch of people to do it, but the results don't necessarily indicate the level of their overall fitness.

Kimberly Guilfoyle married Gavin Newsom when he was the city manager of San Francisco. They were still married when he became the mayor. Because of his political positions, they were pretty high profile locally and it was well known that she had modeled in lingerie and bathing suits (including for Victoria's Secret). but she was able to work as an assistant DA without any issues (and she was a prosecutor in a really high profile case). Not exactly the same thing as being a DCC and the internet wasn't as prolific with pictures from your past 15-20 years ago as it is now, but still.

I think a lot of people don't have a clear understanding of the visa situation or that they just remember Yuko and Jinelle being "allowed" to miss part of training camp, so thank you for all that, @rose711. I remember explaining Yuko's visa process when it originally happened because people were acting like she just decided to go on vacation or something when she was actually doing something that was necessary in order to become a DCC. Anyone can come to the United States on a tourist visa which is pretty easy to get, but if you are going to be paid to do something, you MUST apply for a different type of visa. There are several different types of work visas you can get but as Rose said, it's most likely that Yuko applied for a performer visa (which is different from a sponsored work visa which requires the employer to guarantee three years at their job). You then have to return to your home country so that you can come back to the United States on your new visa. If I recall correctly, in the case of the performer visa, you submit the request and then the Japanese government informs you when your appointment is and that's when you need to show up at the office, so the timing was out of Yuko's hands.

It's also worth noting that when Jinelle missed the beginning of training camp, she had been hospitalized. It wasn't just "I have a headache so I'm not coming to rehearsal."

When Mr. EB was in law school, his entire class was told that they were not allowed to work their first year. The only work they were allowed to consider were summer internships when class after their first year. The wishy washy way that girl said she was thinking about going to law school reminded me of when I see interviews with Hollywood actresses/celebrities who say that if they weren't famous, they would be pediatricians or veterinarians. It's easy to say that's your Sliding Doors career when you haven't taken o-chem or the MCAT, but go ahead and fantasize about cuddling babies or petting puppies. I'm not saying they're not smart enough to do it, just that they seem to be putting the cart in front of the horse the same way that little kids say that they want to be astronauts before they find out how hard it is to actually become an astronaut.

Jinelle left right after finals to work on her visa situation. She had two weeks to get it taken care of due to the fact they give the girls time to settle in and get things taken care of before TC starts. The reason why she miss early TC was due to the fact she was hospitalized due to a operation and not due to having to deal with her visa situation. She was "allowed" to miss part of the TC due to her surgery and recovery time, not due to her visa.

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

She said something about finishing her classes on correspondence, which made me snort out loud. It sounded like she flew out for the auditions each week and then I know they had a bit of a break. Finals weren't until June 10-14. I'm not sure when the first meeting/beginning of training camp were though.

A lot of classes have paper finals, which would be easy enough to submit from afar. Plus she probably did have a light load last quarter. I had a friend on the UCLA dance team and it was common for someone to proctor exams for them and the team while they traveled for things like the NCAA tournament. It's possible she had some connections related to that too. I would have loved to be a fly in the wall when she broached the subject with her professors though. 

UCLA Graduation was June 15th so right in the middle of training camp, i think they said it was the end of week three at her graduation so it started probably around May 28-30th area. UCLA runs on quarters so their finals week is almost a month after most colleges...I think schools around here had graduation around the week of May 14-18th.

Late to the game, but I wanted to add that some law schools have part time options that let you graduate in 4 years instead of 3. I think in that case you might be able to do it, especially if you pass on ECs like law review and honor societies. However, the closest PT program I found is Texas A&M in Ft Worth which is an hour from Frisco.

3 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Late to the game, but I wanted to add that some law schools have part time options that let you graduate in 4 years instead of 3. I think in that case you might be able to do it, especially if you pass on ECs like law review and honor societies. However, the closest PT program I found is Texas A&M in Ft Worth which is an hour from Frisco.

I'm curious though, and I'd love those that have gone through it themselves to chime in if possible because I've only been lawyer-adjacent through living with them and we do things a bit differently in the UK - to what degree those EC's are actually less of a choice and more of a necessity on the old resume for future employers? For me, if an applicant had decided not to attend certain ECs/functions so she cheer at a football game, rather than put their best foot forward in their career, I mighth have misgivings when it comes to something like the law. its a really full-on job and I'd probably question where their priorities where, dance or law and if the priority had been dance before, what was to tell me that that had changed at all? I also don't know how much less intense it'd be PT vs FT because there's still hours of reading cases and prep just for lectures let alone actually writing essays and assignments etc.   I just don't see it being doable but again, I've no experience with PT college education.  And if you thought you could be a lawyer and a DCC (which I'm hoping she was saying tongue in cheek but lets take it as her being serious/naive) at the same time, what are you going to tell a client when you're totally unavailable for hours a day and the whole weekend? sorry I didn't finish the casework, but how bout them boys?

• Love 1

It always feels unfair when someone is cut on her first trip to Kelli's office. In Jasmine's case it feels doubly unfair because it's so early in training camp so it's not like she's been doing terribly for ten weeks. They just barely got started learning routines and she hasn't received a lot of specific feedback or critiques. She wasn't constantly forgetting the choreography or she had hopelessly low kicks (and I feel like in past seasons, we've seen TCCs who had those kinds of problems but Kelli and Judy talked them to about it and told them to work on it and gave them time to work on improving. I'm not saying that Jasmine was one of the top 3 rookies, but I didn't think she was obviously worse than the other TCCs to the point where she needed to be cut in the third week.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It always feels unfair when someone is cut on her first trip to Kelli's office. In Jasmine's case it feels doubly unfair because it's so early in training camp so it's not like she's been doing terribly for ten weeks. They just barely got started learning routines and she hasn't received a lot of specific feedback or critiques. She wasn't constantly forgetting the choreography or she had hopelessly low kicks (and I feel like in past seasons, we've seen TCCs who had those kinds of problems but Kelli and Judy talked them to about it and told them to work on it and gave them time to work on improving. I'm not saying that Jasmine was one of the top 3 rookies, but I didn't think she was obviously worse than the other TCCs to the point where she needed to be cut in the third week.

I think it was her style mostly. Maybe they thought she couldn’t get that in training camp?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I think it was her style mostly. Maybe they thought she couldn’t get that in training camp?

agreed. it was pretty much all down to style, and she'd been called on it a couple times before. very very choppy, very blocky and you can almost see her counting the beats and choreo in her head. her feet placement was also poor and she'd been pulled up on that before too. in the weeks of TC its doubtful she'd have the time to unlearn that and then relearn the 'right' style. better really to give her a year to become smoother and more graceful

• Love 1
On 9/10/2018 at 8:58 PM, Dccfanatic said:

Love the comment, and had to LOL about the crazy eyes-saw this straight away! Also, Molly is from Danville, CA which I is extremely affluent. These girls are from money.

Give Maggie and Molly some credit. Maggie was a full time preschool teacher when she was a DCC and Molly has a full time job. Gina is another story. Now she's from MONEY. I don't think she even works.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, TexasBorn said:

Give Maggie and Molly some credit. Maggie was a full time preschool teacher when she was a DCC and Molly has a full time job. Gina is another story. Now she's from MONEY. I don't think she even works.

According to Gina's Linkedin, she is the Studio Coordinator at Pure Barre in Frisco. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1