Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Jump Split Reckoning

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I was sooo hoping they would show the routine they do to the song "Yes" taught on they show, and they did.  Even more happy that Michelle Keys is the one who choreographed it.  Her routines are the ones that "stick"   

Michelle Keyes is great!  I really enjoy her choreo and the feedback she provides the girls is specific which is critical if they have hope to improve.

• Love 6
On 9/7/2018 at 9:33 AM, Gingi1976 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I HATE the Jay/power-squad/Cowboys Fit segments. Even now, when I rewatch past seasons on CMT those are the only scenes I fast-forward. 

I get it. The women need to be toned and fit for the uniform. But these segments are awful. Not to mention the fact that it’s hard to take the fitness suggestions seriously when everyone is in full hair and make-up. 

Yeah, the whole Jay marching in like he's still in the military, insisting on running around in camo and combat boots bit is as dated as Kelli's and Tina's hair in their uniform fitting pics.  It's tired, it's been done, the "exercise" challenges are as scientifically valid as the carbonation/cellulite comments.  Why did CMT revive it?  I don't get it.  The show has evolved in so many positive ways (where are they now?  more focus on vets, etc.), why are they bringing back the ridiculous?

• Love 6
On 9/6/2018 at 11:49 PM, MyFavShows said:

I bet not all of them come in w/ all kinds of recommendations, etc. but the ones that do they take in just cause they trust certain industry contacts - that’s probably how Gabby got in, but she’s not living when all the others as well recommended as her have. 

I like Gabby.  She is more the girl next door look but very relateable.  I hope they gave her real notes because from what little I saw she looked good... Wonder what the recs said if She needs to "prove it"

• Love 7
Just now, Opine said:

Yeah, the whole Jay marching in like he's still in the military, insisting on running around in camo and combat boots bit is as dated as Kelli's and Tina's hair in their uniform fitting pics.  It's tired, it's been done, the "exercise" challenges are as scientifically valid as the carbonation/cellulite comments.  Why did CMT revive it?  I don't get it.  The show has evolved in so many positive ways (where are they now?  more focus on vets, etc.), why are they bringing back the ridiculous?

The one segment I liked with Jay was years ago when he was helping the young girl Judy had fought for on the team to lose weight. He had her jumping on boxes and he was encouraging, not yelling. 

I agree his style is old. Boot camp fitness was a big thing but it’s just one of many ways to work out now. I think he’s knowledgeable though, this segment I think was highly pushed to show off the star facility and to relate it back to earlier seasons of the show. It was a bit rude the girls weren’t taking it seriously. I doubt they would have been joking around like that if it was a class with Miss Kitty. I’m not sure why he didn’t correct their form though. It’s a pretty outmoded thing and I bet it’s not back on the show.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ales-ya said:

Dayton and @ShellyB were just the sweetest thing.  She was creeping around the corner and it was just an adorable proud mommy moment.  And Dayton did ROCK that uniform!  I literally said damn when she turned around, good job girl!  Looking amazing. ??????

It was a really touching moment for mom and daughter.  It always thought Dayton looked a little broader for DCC but gosh did she prove me wrong!  Looking fresh!

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, rose711 said:

The one segment I liked with Jay was years ago when he was helping the young girl Judy had fought for on the team to lose weight. He had her jumping on boxes and he was encouraging, not yelling.

You are right, that is the Jay we know and love!  Or at least me!  I liked older episodes with pulling the tire or even throwing out a rotisserie chicken.  I thought this segment was either highly edited so it lacked context or the producers wanted some forced/fake behavior.   It just came off strange. :(

• Love 3

I have been pretty VK neutral up until now, but I thought VK looked beautiful in the Jay segment and she really won me over when her friend Jasmin got cut.  She just seemed more genuine.  If she is more like this the rest of TCC I might surprise myself and actually pull for her!

• Love 6

Loving the Shelley showing, too.  I hope it isn't just because Dayton is a TCC.  I want it to continue!  OTOH, not a fan of Charlotte's increased presence.  It REALLY takes away from Kelli and Judy.   It just screams micro management and gimme some screen time, too.  I actually have professional respect for Charlotte, but she needs to let K&J do their jobs.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Probably so they had an excuse to show off their state of the art gym so you too can train like a DC football player or cheerleader ? ?

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I agree his style is old. Boot camp fitness was a big thing but it’s just one of many ways to work out now. I think he’s knowledgeable though, this segment I think was highly pushed to show off the star facility and to relate it back to earlier seasons of the show. It was a bit rude the girls weren’t taking it seriously. I doubt they would have been joking around like that if it was a class with Miss Kitty. I’m not sure why he didn’t correct their form though. It’s a pretty outmoded thing and I bet it’s not back on the show.

I like Jay's style, I did his bootcamp workout for years.  It's not for everyone, I get that, and he was definitely amping it up this time.  I was cringing at how bad a lot of those girls looked in their pushups!  I was really surprised he didn't encourage them to come down to their knees if they needed, he is normally big on modifications so that you don't get injured.  And you're completely right that the girls wouldn't have been joking around with Miss Kitty there, Jay was right to tell them to shape up.

I wish we'd seen more of the nutrition consultations, the only advice we saw seemed very generic.  "Eat breakfast!  More veggies!  Meal prep!"  Not bad advice, just didn't seem like anything new for these girls.

Edited by aeroluv327
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Opine said:

Loving the Shelley showing, too.  I hope it isn't just because Dayton is a TCC.  I want it to continue!  OTOH, not a fan of Charlotte's increased presence.  It REALLY takes away from Kelli and Judy.   It just screams micro management and gimme some screen time, too.  I actually have professional respect for Charlotte, but she needs to let K&J do their jobs.

Charlotte was really cringey in the graduation scene!  More Shelley, less Charlotte please.  

• Love 11

I didn't think the diet advice was very specific for each woman. Eating more veggies is great but to really satisfy hunger and not gain weight you need to add more lean protein, especially to avoid muscle wasting with the demands all this dancing places on their bodies. It doesn't take an expert to come up with, "eat more veggies". Keeping track of your macros and seeing where you stand is spot on.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I have been pretty VK neutral up until now, but I thought VK looked beautiful in the Jay segment and she really won me over when her friend Jasmin got cut.  She just seemed more genuine.  If she is more like this the rest of TCC I might surprise myself and actually pull for her!

Her makeup/spray tan is still awful and her hair is always a mess. I’m beginning to think they only brought Victoria and Dayton to training camp to get fitted for a uniform and take those pics. 

I’m looking forward to next week’s choreographer. In the preview Kelli laments having to cut 8 girls and he says, “Oh, that’s easy”.  Lol. It’ll be interesting to hear an objective perspective on which girls are good and which aren’t. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Her makeup/spray tan is still awful and her hair is always a mess. I’m beginning to think they only brought Victoria and Dayton to training camp to get fitted for a uniform and take those pics. 

I’m looking forward to next week’s choreographer. In the preview Kelli laments having to cut 8 girls and he says, “Oh, that’s easy”.  Lol. It’ll be interesting to hear an objective perspective on which girls are good and which aren’t. 

Gosh - I must have missed this preview?  Travis said that?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I like Gabby.  She is more the girl next door look but very relateable.  I hope they gave her real notes because from what little I saw she looked good... Wonder what the recs said if She needs to "prove it"

Kelli has mentioned her feet more than once and that they don’t look like those of someone with lots of training.  However, she has also complimented Gabby on several things.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

It's fun until someone gets hurt from the incorrect form on push-ups, or from those outdated back-killing sit-ups.

yup. if you're gonna claim a test is doing something, you damn well have people do it properly. someone saying they did 50+ pushups when they're shown literally bobbing about an inch and then up again with their arms too wide and elbows splayed. no. they didn't do a single pressup. utterly meaningless.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah. Although, it’s a preview so maybe he says it then immediately starts laughing like his was just kidding but they cut that part off. 

1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

Charlotte was really cringey in the graduation scene!  More Shelley, less Charlotte please.  

IMO Charlotte was doing everything she could to phrase her words in such a way that Daphne knew that just cause they did this ceremony, it doesn’t in any way mean she will make the squad.  I thought it was very hollow/cold and almost rude.  And the diploma out of the boot was just odd.

The whole ceremony seemed like a spectacle to somehow get the message out there that even girls who have degrees from UCLA may not be “good enough” to be a DCC...

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yes, and go back to see who the camera panned in when he said that.  Of course, his style of dance might be difficult for someone with a lot of Pom training, so his opinion might be shaded towards those who excelled at his style.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I am an accountant and one of the first CPAs I worked for is an award-winning adult film star today. She’s a big deal, too! Someone tried to to report her to a state license board (jealous? or a hater, who knows) but didn’t work. She practices still but she goes from professional business woman to GOODNESS GRACIOUSxxxxxlike *snap*. She has tons of accounting clients, makes bank, and she is super smart. Some people might be sensitive to it, others probably not so much. 

Agree! It’s 2 mins though, and the women do jump splits and calypsos, and crazy things that could hurt them, too. If they get hurt, they have insurance.  If they don’t want to do it, they could tell Jay or the DCC athletic director or whatever they have there. Just my opinion *pirouette sassy DCC pose, arm rests on head of perfectly curled locks*

Why are there some vets at the PT test and not others? Support purposes or are they there for their own rating? 

nope, sorry. disagree. you can hurt yourself permanently doing just one move wrong once. jerk your spine too hard doing one of those bad form situps and you're looking at a slipped disk and you're out of TC. thats a minimum 6 week recovery and once a disk slips, it'll happen again. thats a live time of potential damage.  since my accident I've literally slipped three disks standing up. just moving from sitting to standing, no differently to normal and bam Im back in hospital.  and insurance is fine, but  you're assuming it = good quality of care. or that it'll cover any on going issues that might arise.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Me too.  Travis is an amazing choreographer and one that dancers highly respect.  I'm very curious to hear his feedback on the girls but who knows how much of it will be shown.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Me too.  Travis is an amazing choreographer and one that dancers highly respect.  I'm very curious to hear his feedback on the girls but who knows how much of it will be shown.

It’s going to be fun to see that, but the style of dance Travis is known for had very little similarities to DCC style - he’s a contemporary choreographer who’s speciality is those extension filled emotional pieces done by couples - not really power pom designed to entertain football fans.   If I were K&J, I’d trust Kitty’s opinion over his as great as he is.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

It’s going to be fun to see that, but the style of dance Travis is known for had very little similarities to DCC style - he’s a contemporary choreographer who’s speciality is those extension filled emotional pieces done by couples - not really power pom designed to entertain football fans.   If I were K&J, I’d trust Kitty’s opinion over his as great as he is.

I agree. I’m just curious if he calls out any of the weak dancers this board has mentioned, but that Kelli has blinders on for.  

26 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If he’s serious, he’s right. I’d cut VK, Kristin, Taylor (blonde), Malena and Dayton (sorry Shelly, I love her but based on the dancing only) 

That’s 5 just off the top of my head who I don’t think are ready based on what we’ve seen so far. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

nope, sorry. disagree. you can hurt yourself permanently doing just one move wrong once. jerk your spine too hard doing one of those bad form situps and you're looking at a slipped disk and you're out of TC. thats a minimum 6 week recovery and once a disk slips, it'll happen again. thats a live time of potential damage.  since my accident I've literally slipped three disks standing up. just moving from sitting to standing, no differently to normal and bam Im back in hospital.  and insurance is fine, but  you're assuming it = good quality of care. or that it'll cover any on going issues that might arise.

Okay then. 

• Love 1

The graduation scene left me with so many questions. Was it a “surprise”? Was Daphne told ahead of time? I got the feeling it was supposed to be a surprise. If that’s the case, how did they pull it off? They couldn’t have had the rest of the girls come in early and surprise Daphne when she arrived since DCC time means being an hour early. Did they send her out of the room for something? If so, what reason did they give her that she had to leave, but no one else?  I would be freaking out if K & J sent me out for any reason and I was the only one! I need answers CMT!

im excited to see Travis next week. I danced with him many years ago at his moms studio and I’m just thrilled over everything he has accomplished. He deserves it. His style isn’t DCC, but it’s so nice to see those well rounded dancers that are able to excel in practically any style you throw at them. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Agree re: his style.  But that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it.  I want to see who is trained well enough to handle it. Does it have to do with the DCC pom style?  Nope.  But I'm also looking forward to Kitty's visit.  I also like to see how they handle her period. ;o)

Just now, sugarplum said:

im excited to see Travis next week. I danced with him many years ago at his moms studio and I’m just thrilled over everything he has accomplished. He deserves it. His style isn’t DCC, but it’s so nice to see those well rounded dancers that are able to excel in practically any style you throw at them. 

Exactly!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

The graduation scene left me with so many questions. Was it a “surprise”? Was Daphne told ahead of time? I got the feeling it was supposed to be a surprise. If that’s the case, how did they pull it off? They couldn’t have had the rest of the girls come in early and surprise Daphne when she arrived since DCC time means being an hour early. Did they send her out of the room for something? If so, what reason did they give her that she had to leave, but no one else?  I would be freaking out if K & J sent me out for any reason and I was the only one! I need answers CMT!

Personally, from her reaction no way was it a surprise. maybe they wanted to sell it to the audience as one, but no. she's not a good enough actor at all to pull off the surprise.  she barely responded, then walked straight into her gown and had zero response to any of it. either it was meant to be one but after filming the 'surprise' mulitple times from multiple angles they just chose a take that was a late one and so she was faking it, or she guessed that something was up. 
looked like Jenelle had taken her out for something, perhaps some contrived paperwork thing, like 'oh you forgot to sign xyz' or 'hey we forgot to give you this paperwork on abc' or even 'hey is that you car in that bay? can you move it because it's blocking some workmen coming in to do something'.  but nah, it was real as anything from Keeping up with the Kardashians.  contrived, forced and fake as hell. total waste of air time, I'd rather have seen more dance.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Personally, from her reaction no way was it a surprise. maybe they wanted to sell it to the audience as one, but no. she's not a good enough actor at all to pull off the surprise.  she barely responded, then walked straight into her gown and had zero response to any of it. either it was meant to be one but after filming the 'surprise' mulitple times from multiple angles they just chose a take that was a late one and so she was faking it, or she guessed that something was up. 
looked like Jenelle had taken her out for something, perhaps some contrived paperwork thing, like 'oh you forgot to sign xyz' or 'hey we forgot to give you this paperwork on abc' or even 'hey is that you car in that bay? can you move it because it's blocking some workmen coming in to do something'.  but nah, it was real as anything from Keeping up with the Kardashians.  contrived, forced and fake as hell. total waste of air time, I'd rather have seen more dance.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was something Charlotte decided to do before even starting the season. Not saying Daphne specifically, but I bet she wanted more of an emphasis on these women as humans with goals and ambition. The Cowboys have been getting some bad PR lately (in part due to how some players have allegedly treated women), so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was another attempt by the Joneses to whitewash an issue rather than address it directly. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was something Charlotte decided to do before even starting the season. Not saying Daphne specifically, but I bet she wanted more of an emphasis on these women as humans with goals and ambition. The Cowboys have been getting some bad PR lately (in part due to how some players have allegedly treated women), so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was another attempt by the Joneses to whitewash an issue rather than address it directly. 

agree wholeheartedly.  Feels like they had an idea for how they wanted to shape the narrative of the season and daphne's graduation was a gift they could use. the emphasis on education and not encouraging the girls to quit jobs has been heavy this year.

• Love 4

What makes a graduation meaningful is not the cap and gown and a roll of paper, but also seeing the classmates you’ve bonded with over 4 years as well as your professors as you walk across the stage and accept your diploma. I actually found that fake graduation cringey/embarrassing. It was self congratulatory for the DCC but I’m sure less meaningful for Daphne, which is likely why she didn’t look surprised or particularly touched. 

Imagine the opposite: Daphne drops out of training camp to focus on school and her teachers give her a pair of pompoms and boots, and let her “cheer” her fellow classmates during an exam. 

The DCC always talk about the bond of the girls and how it goes beyond just cheering, but Kelli and Charlotte were unable to recognize the same for a college graduation. If they really wanted to recognize and appreciate Daphne, they should have called her into the office and have Charlotte personally thank her for skipping graduation to attend training camp. That would have been a lot more meaningful, definitely more surprising and far less awkward. Nobody needs to don a gown and walk through a football Pompom tunnel to end with a fake diploma pulled from out of a boot - it diminishes the accomplishment of four years (and thousands of dollars) of hard work. A university degree is not an Abbey Bear!  

But hey - atleast she looks good in the uniform, right?! ??☺️ 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I agree! I also have nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy) in my feet/legs, but I am still a professional equestrian and am very fit - I just am unable to run.

Not to get off topic, but hello hello from another member of your tribe!! In more ways than one. I'm a dressage rider and have a severed nerve (and no feeling) in my lower arm due to a riding accident.  Not something I dwell on, but I am a big supporter of "doing what you can" despite physical limitations. The equestrian paralympians amaze me.

Random thought, but there is a brunette I really don't find attractive at all. Not Bridgette (really like her) or Alanna, but another. Don't have time to rewatch yet. 

Edited by abracadabra
  • Love 1
On 9/6/2018 at 11:11 PM, Annmarie1111 said:

So true. To give up what appears to be such a great job is mind boggling. But then again, we only see glimpses of the big picture. 

Chocolate covered almonds. 

Hey Girls, we can dream,  but truth-up, WE DONT HAVE TO WEAR THE DANG UNIFORM! cheers!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Stee said:

What makes a graduation meaningful is not the cap and gown and a roll of paper, but also seeing the classmates you’ve bonded with over 4 years as well as your professors as you walk across the stage and accept your diploma. I actually found that fake graduation cringey/embarrassing. It was self congratulatory for the DCC but I’m sure less meaningful for Daphne, which is likely why she didn’t look surprised or particularly touched. 

Imagine the opposite: Daphne drops out of training camp to focus on school and her teachers give her a pair of pompoms and boots, and let her “cheer” her fellow classmates during an exam. 

The DCC always talk about the bond of the girls and how it goes beyond just cheering, but Kelli and Charlotte were unable to recognize the same for a college graduation. If they really wanted to recognize and appreciate Daphne, they should have called her into the office and have Charlotte personally thank her for skipping graduation to attend training camp. That would have been a lot more meaningful, definitely more surprising and far less awkward. Nobody needs to don a gown and walk through a football Pompom tunnel to end with a fake diploma pulled from out of a boot - it actually minimizes the accomplishment of four years (and thousands of dollars) of hard work. A university degree is not an Abbey Bear!  

But hey - atleast she looks good in the uniform, right?! ??☺️ 

I’ll take it one step further... they should’ve let Daphne attend her college graduation. That would really show an emphasis on the importance of education. I realize in DCC land there’s no such thing as extenuating circumstances, but there should be in cases like this. 

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ll take it one step further... they should’ve let Daphne attend her college graduation. That would really show an emphasis on the importance of education. I realize in DCC land there’s no such thing as extenuating circumstances, but there should be in cases like this. 

100% agree!!  They are lucky to have girls like Daphne (and even Malena) who sacrifice or put aside their lives so they can learn the choreo to a sideline routine. I really admire and respect these girls but I can’t say I would do the same!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Stee said:

100% agree!!  They are lucky to have girls like Daphne (and even Malena) who sacrifice or put aside their lives so they can learn the choreo to a sideline routine. I really admire and respect these girls but I can’t say I would do the same!

I feel bad for her parents. They spent all this money on a UCLA education and didn’t even get to see their daughter graduate.

• Love 5

Attending a graduation ceremony isn't really important to everyone.  My parents, for example, only cared about me getting my degree & it didn't matter to them whether I did or didn't go to the ceremony.  Maybe Daphne's parents feel the same.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I feel bad for her parents. They spent all this money on a UCLA education and didn’t even get to see their daughter graduate.

this! graduation is about more than the person graduating. its also for their parents/guardians and family and friends, the people who have supported them from birth,, the people without whom they wouldn't be in their current position (and i don't just mean in case of paying for school as not all parents can or do, but in the very real sense that these people taught you to talk and walk and clothed you, drove you to school, helped you with your homework, looked after you when sick etc etc) and this moment is a huge thing for them too.  at my graduation it turned out my dentists' little sister was in my class (it was a huge class so I never knew) but when I walked across the stage her whole family went crazy cheering for me too because they wanted to support someone they knew, even if only in a peripheral sense.  I went to all my friends graduations because I knew how many late nights and stressed days and sacrifice went into the piece of paper they were getting (they weren't, we got a handshake and a fake diploma as our certificates were mailed later but it looked fine in photos).   If i had a child i'd want to see them graduate and would be sad to miss that opportunity.  However I guess at that level of dance, youd be used to her missing things both for in her own life and others' because the dance cae first and also they might not have cared that much, or supported her decision to choose TC over graduation

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I am an accountant and one of the first CPAs I worked for is an award-winning adult film star today. She’s a big deal, too! Someone tried to to report her to a state license board (jealous? or a hater, who knows) but didn’t work. She practices still but she goes from professional business woman to GOODNESS GRACIOUSxxxxxlike *snap*. She has tons of accounting clients, makes bank, and she is super smart. Some people might be sensitive to it, others probably not so much. 

I agree. If the gal is okay with it, who cares what others think?

If her potential clients (referring to the lawyer) are uncomfortable, they can hire someone else. Miss America was always in bathing suits and many had high profile careers.  No one cares.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Attending a graduation ceremony isn't really important to everyone.  My parents, for example, only cared about me getting my degree & it didn't matter to them whether I did or didn't go to the ceremony.  Maybe Daphne's parents feel the same.

This is possible too, but then that makes the fake graduation Boot ceremony even more dubious.  If they don't care (and likely I imagine Daphne and family did not mind missing), then why all the pomp and circumstance - pun intended - except that they wanted to create a moment for the reality tv show?  To me, it was another half baked inauthentic moment of the show on par with Alexis and Lexie going to Cowboys Fit.  Nothing more than an act for the show, but lacking integrity.  And for me, second hand embarrassment.  

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

Not to get off topic, but hello hello from another member of your tribe!! In more ways than one. I'm a dressage rider and have a severed nerve (and no feeling) in my lower arm due to a riding accident.  Not something I dwell on, but I am a big supporter of "doing what you can" despite physical limitations. The equestrian paralympians amaze me.

Random thought, but there is a brunette I really don't find attractive at all. Not Bridgette (really like her) or Alanna, but another. Don't have time to rewatch yet. 

horse riders with nerve damage unite!! Well, in my case former horse rider as I'm not allowed to anymore for fear of damage to implants if I were to fall off (something I made too great a habit much to my father's consternation) but equestrians unite!

1 minute ago, Stee said:

This is possible too, but then that makes the fake graduation Boot ceremony even more dubious.  If they don't care (and likely I imagine Daphne and family did not mind missing), then why all the pomp and circumstance - pun intended - except that they wanted to create a moment for the reality tv show?  To me, it was another half baked inauthentic moment of the show on par with Alexis and Lexie going to Cowboys Fit.  Nothing more than an act for the show, but lacking integrity.  And for me, second hand embarrassment.  

it felt super shallow and contrived at best and manipulative of the audience and treating them/us like idiots at worst.  utterly unauthentic

• Love 7
6 hours ago, rose711 said:

Agreed. I love Jay. Always have. The Cowboys hire him for a reason. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Stee said:

If they don't care (and likely I imagine Daphne and family did not mind missing), then why all the pomp and circumstance - pun intended - except that they wanted to create a moment for the reality tv show?  To me, it was another half baked inauthentic moment of the show on par with Alexis and Lexie going to Cowboys Fit.

Exactly

• Love 3

I thought Jay came off super pity and ridiculous , he’s suppose to help the girls be more healthy and work on their fitness. Not yell at them if they talk while they are doing nothing. Also he’s work out are not really helpful and this stupid test is not an indicator of anything. Tho I thought the nutritionist was pretty good, wanna see more of her. 

• Love 6
On 9/7/2018 at 11:23 AM, CaseyRe said:

they're been pushing the 'we're so supportive of education look how many of our girls are educated' thing so hard this season and esp last night. the girls being asked what their degrees were in at fittings, the constant UCLA UCLA UCLA mentions, the whole thing of 'we've got a girl leaving to be a doctor' thing. yet they support girls quitting good jobs even when they know they'll likely get cut. when Kelli said she wouldn''t tell Malena to do it if she didn't have a good shot of the team but then a minute later was like 'no need for tonight to be your last night' it was like alarm bells for me. sure, not cut tonight, but sounded 100% like but you're getting cut.  and boy i hated how Kelli found it funny she couldn't remember or pronounce Malena. yikes that was bad.

Yeah, they're going overboard with pushing education this year, but the problem is that its clearly superficial. Most colleges have multiple graduation events, so I can see how they wouldn't excuse her to attend everything, but the ceremony itself? It should've been no problem to allow her to attend that one event. 

35 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yep. They can say "UCLA" until they're blue in the face, but they clearly don't think its that important. Graduations, funerals, weddings of immediate and close family members - those things trump training camp, IMO.

Lol at Kelli encouraging that rookie candidate to go to law school and even bigger lol at the girl saying she'll be a lawyer by day and a DCC by night. Ok, then! When she finds that job, let me know. I'll considered joining her there lol. Likewise, when she finds the law school and first year law school professors who are ok with her not reading her selections before class because she was at practice all night, I'd love to know the name of that school as well. Also, there is actually a rule that first-year students cannot be employed more than 20 hours a week while taking a full course load (and some schools have more stringent requirements). The DCCs are supposedly "part-time." I'm curious how often the girls work more than that.  

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. They can say "UCLA" until they're blue in the face, but they clearly don't think its that important. Graduations, funerals, weddings of immediate and close family members - those things trump training camp, IMO. 

Maybe they can recreate the funeral next time too.. That would be touching, and show that the DCC powers-that-be really "get it!"

32 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Likewise, when she finds the law school and first year law school professors who are ok with her not reading her selections before class because she was at practice all night, I'd love to know the name of that school as well. 

Not sure of the name of that Law school but pretty sure it's in Guadalajara.  ????

Edited by Stee
  • Love 17

Putting this out in the universe.....Keli and Judy clearly didn’t have a problem with Malena missing the alumni practice session (which was being filmed) and may have excused her from other activities too. But Daphne was unable to take time off from training camp for her college graduation?

it just seems odd. There are GOOD reasons to make exceptions and that’s one of them. Makes me wonder if there was something else going on.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

Putting this out in the universe.....Keli and Judy clearly didn’t have a problem with Malena missing the alumni practice session (which was being filmed) and may have excused her from other activities too. But Daphne was unable to take time off from training camp for her college graduation?

it just seems odd. There are GOOD reasons to make exceptions and that’s one of them. Makes me wonder if there was something else going on.

The girls used to write blogs for the old website.  There were times where they mentioned signing up for appearances/games/activities, etc - for example, sky diving was optional in Season 2, even though they didn't know what they were signing up for at the time.  Is it possible they still do that and the girls don't have to participate in everything?

2 hours ago, abracadabra said:

You might be talking about Amber.  She is one of the brunette rookie candidates, shorter than Alanna, more like Bridgette’s height.  I got them mixed up a bit at the beginning.