Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

I thought they said at the time that he was named for both grandfathers, but I could be wrong. And yes, the using-your-middle-name-as-your-first-son's/daughter's-middle-name does seem to be very popular with the fundies. Josh and Anna did it with both their first daughter and son, and Joe, Jinger, and Joy all did it as well. It'll be interesting to see if JD and Abbie's baby is Whatever Grace.

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

How do the Bateses have the money to 'buy helicopters"? Aircraft is not cheap and you don't want to purchase on that is in bad shape. The cost to overhaul is not cheap either and an aircraft must be in tip top condition to fly or it's rather dangerous. UP can't pay them as much as TLC pays 'that other family' with all the kids. We all know Jim Bob is a multi millionaire but Gil Bates was portrayed as not being that financially lucky as his buddy, Jim Bob Duggar. Still, after their UP show, how can they purchase aircraft?

maybe Mediccorps is going to buy helicopters with the donations to their fake Bahamas charity.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I thought they said at the time that he was named for both grandfathers, but I could be wrong. And yes, the using-your-middle-name-as-your-first-son's/daughter's-middle-name does seem to be very popular with the fundies. Josh and Anna did it with both their first daughter and son, and Joe, Jinger, and Joy all did it as well. It'll be interesting to see if JD and Abbie's baby is Whatever Grace.

Yes Michael James Duggar is named after Michael "Mike" Keller and James "Jim Bob" Duggar. 

That's a good point about middle names. I could easily see Grace being a middle name or even a first name. 

3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Plus I strongly suspect that SiRen's daughter's middle name will be Milagro.

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Plus I strongly suspect that SiRen's daughter's middle name will be Milagro.

She will be. That one has generations of precedent.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

7 hours ago, Puffin said:

Could you imagine the poor kid named after Michelle, she meets Michelle and thinks wait you named me after her? She nuts. Perhaps when Michelle is dead she’ll get a name sake grandchild.

They're waiting for a special needs baby.

What I strongly suspect Jim Bob has been planning (to the extent that that word makes any sense) -- after all, he did the big round reno AND threw away his children's food money for a Senate run that literally zero people other than himself thought he could win in a million years  and he had 19 kids that he didn't have means to pay for with a woman who had no "heart for children" -- is to run a sort of scambulance.....

I put this up there with the theory that Jer's family is secretly rich

6 hours ago, Fosca said:

That's Josh's middle name as well, I wonder whether it's a name-sake for JB or for Josh, or maybe both I guess.

The boy twins both have Robert as the middle name.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

31 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Poor James, no one remembers he exists 🤣

There's a James???

Seriously though, usually if you are going to name your son after yourself you do it with the first not the 8th son.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 12

John  should have had braces as a teen. His smile looks kind of stalkerish.

• Useful 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

11 hours ago, Nysha said:

John  should have had braces as a teen. His smile looks kind of stalkerish.

Sort of like RFP's weird-toothed grin.  

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

47 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So much for thinking Abbie was more educated.

Same here. Once again, I was wrong. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Same here. Once again, I was wrong. 

Makes me wonder whether "pass times" is a regional thing. We've seen it with other Duggars/adjacents, I think. Not that it makes it an alternate spelling, per se...but it does actually make sense in that something you do to pass the time could legitimately be a pass time. Why would the second "s" necessarily need to be tossed away when making a single word out of two? I can't think of other words to either prove or disprove the pattern offhand (well, there's one off hand - though I suppose that would end up pronounced ov-hand if one dropped the extra f)...Yeah, English is a weird and wonderful language, and so many rules and accepted spellings really don't make any sense.

Oops...way off topic!!

I think that Abbie does have more education in some ways, at least. People have very diverse talents and interests, and poor spelling skills are not necessarily indicative of anything other than the person not having a good mind for orthography.

• Like 2

Just because Abbie has more education than many of the adult Duggars does not make her education at the level of Derick or Jeremy, both of who actually write fairly decently even though I don't like what either of them post.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Makes me wonder whether "pass times" is a regional thing. We've seen it with other Duggars/adjacents, I think. Not that it makes it an alternate spelling, per se...but it does actually make sense in that something you do to pass the time could legitimately be a pass time. Why would the second "s" necessarily need to be tossed away when making a single word out of two? I can't think of other words to either prove or disprove the pattern offhand (well, there's one off hand - though I suppose that would end up pronounced ov-hand if one dropped the extra f)...Yeah, English is a weird and wonderful language, and so many rules and accepted spellings really don't make any sense.

Oops...way off topic!!

I think that Abbie does have more education in some ways, at least. People have very diverse talents and interests, and poor spelling skills are not necessarily indicative of anything other than the person not having a good mind for orthography.

To me, not knowing the difference says she hasn’t done a lot of reading in her lifetime.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

To me, not knowing the difference says she hasn’t done a lot of reading in her lifetime.

Taking this to the prayer closet...

It's not a regional thing--it's a dumbass thing. 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 7

Are they traveling alone or with the rest of the Duggar circus?

How can these people do so many different things and go to so many interesting places and still be boring as hell?

• Like 10
  • Laugh 14

4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

How can these people do so many different things and go to so many interesting places and still be boring as hell?

As a teacher of mine always said about people like this - "Wherever you go, there you are. "

• Like 9
  • Laugh 13

3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Close minded Jesus robots.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

As a teacher of mine always said about people like this - "Wherever you go, there you are. "

Your teacher was Buckaroo Banzai?

Also, I hear they have some of...you know, those types of men, in San Fran. Eyes to the ground! Hopefully they buy some pot and use it. Where are they getting the money to travel?

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

9 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Also, I hear they have some of...you know, those types of men, in San Fran. Eyes to the ground! Hopefully they buy some pot and use it. Where are they getting the money to travel?

Maybe their Uber driver will have to take them through the Castro on their way to their next destination. 😂😂

• Laugh 5

11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe their Uber driver will have to take them through the Castro on their way to their next destination. 😂😂

A friend that lives in SF told me that by local ordinance, nudity is legal there. Not sure if that's true....but I want it to be!

• Laugh 2

44 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

My guess Tlc gifted them the vacation.

• Like 1

TLC has already done the fish out of water plot in SF starring Boobchelle. Remember Boob in the head shop checking out the "funny" pipes? 😂

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Laugh 6

6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

A friend that lives in SF told me that by local ordinance, nudity is legal there. Not sure if that's true....but I want it to be!

YES! I have a friend who moved there from the Ozarks, and she is not an uptight prude by any means, but the first message I got from her was an amused but bewildered running commentary on all the literal dicks she was seeing in the street. I asked her about it a few months later, and she told me she'd gotten desensitized to it and stopped noticing. LOL 

• Laugh 4

7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, we passed a law a few years ago that the nudists have to bring a towel with them to sit on in public places. But yeah, in certain areas, you'll see a lot of dicks. And it's never the people you'd want to see either.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 16

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

If the driver did that I would pay the price just to see their expressions. 

• Laugh 1

Given her trip to help in the Bahamas and now San Francisco, I'd say she's through the worst of her illness.

• Like 19

John David speaks in the article as though it was all in the past - the first trimester. Which means the title of the article should be "suffered from" not "is suffering from".

Not that complete accuracy ever kept a publication from a good headline.

I had a friend with that. Multiple trips to the ER for IVs. It really sucks. Fortunately, she felt better when she reached her second trimester. And as we've seen Abbie out and about everyone, I'm assuming the same thing happened to her.

• Like 4

According to the Duggar friend who posts on FJ, Abbie did not attend Mary's funeral, which was June 17. That would have been just a couple weeks after she announced at the pregnant Duggars photoshoot a week before Mary passed.

• Useful 1

That story is a publicist working overtime, planting a 4 month old story to coincide with the show. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Kate had it for all three pregnancies.

No wonder she has had seemingly no trouble staying skinny.  I feel fortunate that my one pregnancy didn't make me so nauseous that I had to throw up.  I felt queasy, but that was all.  I've had migraines that made me throw up, and that was the worst.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I know that's MY visceral response when I see him. He's a creeper, fer sure.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4