Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Who's the seriously cute guy holding Sam?

Dear Sam's alter ego and gifted writer (sorry I've forgotten your screen name), I anxiously await your take on this!

Does that little guy (Sam) ever smile?  I suppose I wouldn't either, with Dillweed and Jilly as my parents.

I also can’t wait for the next installment of Sam’s diary. Did he try hiding in the adeptly named escape plane? Did he try to blend in with a large family where all children have blond hair and blue eyes? The possibilities for escape are endless. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 15

It’s possible that Jess’s is wearing baggy clothes on purpose....

Jinger looks tired but fashionable.  Black is fine for a wedding guest, especially in November.

As for what the other guests are wearing...church has become very much so a “come as you are” environment.  Gone are the days of registering at department stores for China and silver (unless you are wealthy) most people are shopping at target and amazon and Walmart (especially in Ark and OK).  You’re not going to see high fashion or even dressing up.  If you’re required to wear a skirt everyday it becomes like wearing jeans...no big deal.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Exactly. She can't win. Would I have worn that particular cardigan with that particular dress? Maybe not to a wedding, but there's certainly nothing wrong with it. She's not in the wedding party, she's not trying to upstage the bride, none of her bits and pieces are showing, and I've seen the last two happen at receptions. Her kids looked clean and appropriate, unlike poor Sam who looks like Izzy dressed him or he picked his own outfit.

I think it's not so much when she makes an effort, but when she acts super vain about it, like taking a million sultry selfies. I can't say anything though, because I take selfies all the time! I like having a picture of an event in case no "normal" pictures end up being taken that day, and you always look better right after you get ready. But to my knowledge (and I could be wrong!) I don't recall there ever being a time where she was raked over the coals for simply looking nice; I'd say jessa's "vanity" has usually been pointed out when she:

--takes a million selfies

--does something ridiculous, like having to get her hair just perfect while she makes everyone wait (Jinger did this too lol)...or allllll the footage of her doing her hair while Bin cooked / cleaned / basically did what is supposedly "her job."

--insinuates that she is better put together than her sisters. There's a fine line between helping someone with their style and acting like they are clueless and you're superior. 

All this is just my opinion, of course. I'm not particularly worried about Jessa appearing vain, personally. The more put-together people in the world, the better IMO!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm trying to figure out Jessa's choice of footwear.   Looks like basic Walmart tan or beige flats to me.  If she prefers to wear flats , why can't she find dressier ones?  Something with a bow or other clip on decoration or patent leather.

I think it's her brown sandals that she wears for everything. They must be so worn down that they are uncomfortable at this point. Unless she bought them in bulk.

As for the clothes, not surprising. I mean, at this point the guests know they're probably going to get served melted ice cream in a parking lot or something so they treat the occasion accordingly. These weddings seem to be quantity over quality. The guest list could have been cut by 2/3rds and not a single one of those people would have been missed.

• Love 8

Jessa looked like she just rolled out of bed. I'm pretty sure this is the exact outfit she wore for Joy's birthday party.  I think the only time the Duggars have dressed up decently for a wedding was for Amy's. 

Edited by Lunera
Just checked. Not the same outfit but similar.
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, SMama said:

I also can’t wait for the next installment of Sam’s diary. Did he try hiding in the adeptly named escape plane? Did he try to blend in with a large family where all children have blond hair and blue eyes? The possibilities for escape are endless. 

Maybe that's why he wore boots with a t-shirt? Ready for any weather.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Who's the seriously cute guy holding Sam?

That would be Lawson Bates. He's famous (infamous?) for grabbing babies to hold in photos... Maybe someone should make a photo collage of all the Lawson+random fundie baby pictures are on social media? 

48 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

Interesting that Lawson is posing with the little hussy who broke his brother’s heart!

Someone (here? FJ?) thought that was actually the hussy's sister. Don't know if that's true.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this.

Perhaps you're talking about her social media, but I haven't seen anyone on these boards mocking anyone (except, perhaps, Jeremy) for making an effort with their appearance.  In my opinion, Jessa hasn't made any effort with her appearance since her wedding -- where she looked lovely, and everyone on the board gave her kudos for her appearance. Spurgeon and Henry were both dressed nicely, so it's not like she treated the event as casually as some of the other guests.

Combing your hair isn't an affectation, either. If it wasn't going to be possible to keep that mop of hair combed for the wedding and reception, she could have worn it up or braided.

I'm talking overall. Because I remember very clearly the howls of outrage whenever Jessa was shown looking in a mirror and styling her hair. Or when she'd post flattering selfies on instagram. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That would be Lawson Bates. He's famous (infamous?) for grabbing babies to hold in photos... Maybe someone should make a photo collage of all the Lawson+random fundie baby pictures are on social media? 

Someone (here? FJ?) thought that was actually the hussy's sister. Don't know if that's true.

The woman with Nathan looks nothing like Anastasia, Ashley’s sister.

Looks like JD's shirt and tie are light pink? The color balance may be off on my phone.

As to Ashley Sayler and the Bates family, it looks like they have remained close. Based on her Insta, she attended Josie's wedding and Tori's baby shower.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Also, Renee confirmed that she designed the dress.

Jesus Christ, again? Is it written into the contract, or something? Although when I look at the dress, it makes sense. It does look like it was probably originally a strapless gown that had material added to make straps. 

Also, I've been so thrown off by how different Abbie looks from when we've seen her on the show. I think it's that her eyebrows are thicker and not as arched. It's fascinating to me how different eyebrows can alter a person's appearance so much.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think it's Abbie's hand on his arm, from the video.

Not excusing dirty nails (for his wedding!) but he could have been working on an airplane or car, and didn't use a nail brush.  I HOPE he showered, anyway!

Abbie, I hope you continue to be a nurse, if that is what YOU want to do.  Hopefully they will break free of any control from Boob (financial, family expectations, etc.)  They are certainly old enough, and they have job skills that many of the others did not.

20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JD didn't shower. Look at his fingernails, just ew.

Odd pic with that extra hand on JD's arm.

• Love 3

One of the things that intrigues me about Abbie is that she’s a nurse. I’m a nurse, and you meet all kinds of people in this job. Abbie must have patients and co-workers who aren’t Christian. I’m betting she also works with folks who are LGBTQ, who are single parents, or who live with their partners without being married. She isn’t the typical super-sheltered new Duggar bride. It sounds like they plan to settle in Oklahoma, not Arkansas, so she also won’t have the Duggars all up in her grill all the time. I wonder if she and JD will do anything differently?

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

It sounds like they plan to settle in Oklahoma, not Arkansas, so she also won’t have the Duggars all up in her grill all the time. 

What makes you think they are settling in OK? Don’t get me wrong, the more distance between them and the compound the better they will be able to settle in their new roles without constant interference. The wedding took please in OK because weddings are usually held in the bride’s home. If I missed them stating they will live in OK I apologize in advance.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The wedding reception was held in an airport hanger.

A comment on this post:

anna_g1bson

@destinymichelledagel we cant post pics until the 14th, so they'll probably release a sneak peek then, or post all the photos

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

What makes you think they are settling in OK? Don’t get me wrong, the more distance between them and the compound the better they will be able to settle in their new roles without constant interference. The wedding took please in OK because weddings are usually held in the bride’s home. If I missed them stating they will live in OK I apologize in advance.

I was going on the fact that one of the people posting about the wedding said JD and Abbie belong to a church in OK. Maybe i’m wrong though.

10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Regarding the guests- I just don't get it.  You dress up for a wedding. If you are a guest you don't have to go all out, but still a nice dress or pantsuit for a woman, and a suit, or a jacket and tie for a man. 

But this seems to be a trend.  I have noticed people rarely dress up anymore. I have seen people in t-shirts and jeans at funerals (the biggest taboo for me), graduations, and other important occasions.  When I was a kid people dressed up when they flew somewhere. Now they wear pajamas to the grocery store.  

Isn't there something in the Bible about wedding guests wearing proper garments?

• Love 4

I really thought this wedding was going to be different. I thought Abbie would want an intimate wedding with close friends and family similar to her sister's. I guess all the Duggar spouses have to give into the Duggar demands and have a tacky wedding with the usual 1000 random guests.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I really thought this wedding was going to be different. I thought Abbie would want an intimate wedding with close friends and family similar to her sister's. I guess all the Duggar spouses have to give into the Duggar demands and have a tacky wedding with the usual 1000 random guests.

I assume that since the wedding is televised that TLC or Jim Bob have the most say in how big the wedding is. That is why I never expect any of these Duggar weddings to be all that different. Also, it is possible that Abbie did not care about how many people were invited or she may have wanted a big wedding. It is the same shit, but different season. How many similar weddings and births must we all endure?

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is the video anywhere else for us not from usa?

On my iPad I have an app calle FreeVPN it basically changes your location, you have to watch a 30 second sometimes longer video but then it changes your location or you can choose a location and then it lets you watch any video that you want, perhaps you could try it? https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/free-vpn-by-free-vpn-org/id1050171910?mt=8 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Not holding my breath on them settling in Oklahoma. Kim Jong Boob would lose his personal pilot.

I doubt they'll live in Oklahoma, but Josiah? has a pilot's license, one of the -iah twins was also getting one, and there are a lot more boys who can be pilots. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Men that work on cars or heavy equipment have stained fingers. It doesn’t come off with a shower. 

They don't have to. My uncle and now my cousins own a garage. They work on cars all day every day. They have this magic goop, the name escapes me, which cleans them up. 

I was unaware that JD was a mechanic.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

Unless he dropped out, this  would suggest they will live in Arkansas: (from arkansasonline)

Candidate filings Northwest Arkansas

February 23, 2018 

The following candidates filed for office Thursday for the party primaries and nonpartisan general election May 22. Filing ends March 1. Early voting begins May 7. Partisan runoffs are June 19. The general election and judicial runoff election are Nov. 6. The deadline to register to vote in the May elections is April 23.

District 1

John Duggar (R)*

*indicates incumbent

6 minutes ago, awaken said:

If they’re not supposed to post pics until the 14th, why have we seen so many?  

I’m going to guess it means of the actual ceremony, bridal party, etc.

• Love 7

I'm in the busy part of my semester, so I powered through all these post. Congrats to JD, he looks a bit sloppy, but happy. I think his parents were so cruel and implied for years he wasn't gonna ever have a woman, that finally having one must be so, so sweet. The pancakes are a nice, cute idea - this is the United States, where we have numerous restaurant chains dedicated to breakfast foods served 24/7. If it were my wedding I'd have thrown in a chef making custom omelettes, and some pasties for dessert. I hope JD enjoys the sex, and we'll all enjoy reading about he pregnancy announcement in January.

District 1

John Duggar (R)*

Is he running unopposed? Again? For a semi-joke position that doesn't nothing but serve JB's real estate interests. He's a 'married adult' now, and can tell his family to piss off. Oh wait, daddy owns the planes...and everything else.

• Love 6